Author Topic: Typhoid Trump: the not-smart, corrupt, coward, loser, thread  (Read 4610071 times)

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
So President Narcissus has decided to flood the media with new shit. How strange when Sessions was making the headlines... Of course it isn't the least bit surprising.

It's his usual tactics. When something comes too close to him he starts making noises. He attacks everyone, he lies and most importantly, he gets attention. His topic gets attention. And often people start talking about his latest bullshit. The original story is then lost.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
He's mentally ill. There's no other explanation for it.

That would be my bet. They should lock him up in a mental hospital.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
So President Narcissus has decided to flood the media with new shit. How strange when Sessions was making the headlines... Of course it isn't the least bit surprising.

It's his usual tactics. When something comes too close to him he starts making noises. He attacks everyone, he lies and most importantly, he gets attention. His topic gets attention. And often people start talking about his latest bullshit. The original story is then lost.

I think you're giving him too much credit. He skim read a Breitbart article and reacted with a tweet.

And this just goes back to the original story because any surveillance is linked to Trump and his associates links to Russia.
« Last Edit: March 4, 2017, 11:48:58 pm by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.

This is the same story as Sessions really - the Trump campaign being under investigation. Trump's just pouring gasoline on it and giving people like Lindsey Graham and Ben Sasse every reason to push for an independent investigation to find out just what the story is here. If there was interception of the Trump team's communications then the only place it could have come from was the FBI and only then because there was sufficient evidence to convince a judge to allow it. Blaming Obama may work for his supporters for the moment but it's opening up all sorts of fun questions which members of his administration and campaign have lied about for a year or so.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
It's either he's far more devious, cunning, and aware than he leads us to believe and uses the whole "brash, bombastic and tells it like it is" charade to get his neanderthal supporters on his side no matter what or he's truly a mentally ill and deranged simpleton just winging it without a fathom of a clue with someone else pulling the strings. I can't tell which is more worrying.

Take the Obama accusations. Conveniently timed. Nearly the whole week has been spent talking about his administration's potentially nefarious ties to Russia. His attorney general even had to recuse himself any future investigations, and information is leaking out of the White House like never before. You feel as if only the surface of something far more bigger is being scratched. So what does he due? He just makes something up out of thin air and tweets it for the world to see and deflects all the attention away from the real issues on hand, successfully might I add. He did it all throughout the campaign, the transition, and is now doing it during his presidency as well. I'm more inclined to think that he's actually a man-baby with some very deeply seeded issues about his manhood, but that would mean that someone else is pulling the strings. Someone like Steve Bannon, and it makes perfect sense.
« Last Edit: March 5, 2017, 12:05:32 am by Caligula? »

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
According to Robert Costa (Washington Post), the Trump White House has been passing around a Breitbart story about Obama secretly destabilising Trump's campaign and administration and launching a silent coup. It, in turn, is based on the frothings from the radio show of Mark Levin who manages to confuse what Obama does and what the FBI and US counter intelligence does in the coverage of this story dating back to last summer.

As Trump is managed by feeding him selected excerpts from reality...
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
In terms of it being completely divorced from any sense of reality, how is this worse than birthirism? Global warming is a Chinese hoax? It's the same Trump. His lies aren't getting better and they can't get worse.

Although they can get more dangerous.

Oh I don't mean so much that he's divorced from reality, but rather that he seems to be making no effort whatsoever to reflect reality to his supporters anymore. We've all been talking for decades about how the conservative movement/media has essentially been building an "alternative fact ecosystem," but this feels like that idea taken to an extreme conclusion that's terrifying even to many of the people responsible for getting us here. How far away are we, really, from Trump hitting five holes-in-one in one round of golf or bench-pressing a pickup? He could seriously tweet one of those things tomorrow and half of his supporters would say "Oh sure he's exaggerating, but that's part of his charm. He doesn't talk like a politician."

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
This also happened. It's almost as if people are bricking it now. Denying any input whatsoever into the changes to Republican policies was a big thing for Trump's campaign until now.

Donald Drumpf appears to have pushed for the Republicans to adopt a pro-Moscow policy over Ukraine just as his senior aides were meeting with Russia’s US Ambassador.

At the Republican National Convention last summer, the party agreed to insert language into its platform that opposed arming or providing Ukraine with weapons to take on pro-Russian rebels. At the time, Mr Trump told an interviewer he “wasn’t involved in it”.

But now, a former adviser to Mr Trump has revealed that the push to change the platform came after the direct intervention of the New York tycoon. Mr Trump had hinted as to his views on Ukraine during a speech in the spring of 2016, where the Russian Ambassador, Sergey Kislyak, was among the guests.

Mr Gordon also confirmed that he and another policy advisor to Mr Trump, Carter Page, met Mr Kislyak at the Republican National Convention (RNC) in Cleveland last July. Mr Gordon did not respond to inquiries on Friday.

The development comes as Mr Trump’s administration is facing further scrutiny over its alleged links to Russia.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-russia-republican-pro-putin-ukraine-stance-rnc-ambassador-kislyak-meeting-a7610621.html

One of the things the Indie doesn't touch on is that Jeff Sessions would also have been involved in this - it was the only change Trump's campaign actively pushed for according to reports from the time and Sessions was chair of the national security committee for Trump. And, of course, this happened only shortly before Wikileaks began to drip documents out. Which may be totally coincidental but equally may not be. (Republican National Convention finished 21st July, Wikileaks dumped the DNC hacked e-mails on the 22nd).

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Fuck me - the Fox News take on this. Utter craziness!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Xw7seQkKhyc?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Xw7seQkKhyc?fs=1</a>

Just waiting for Lt Col Tony Shaffer to start talking about bodily fluids...

edit - I think it's important to see what 'the other side' are watching and taking from this.
« Last Edit: March 5, 2017, 06:33:49 am by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
positive feedback loop.  Trump reads Breitbart, tweets, and then FOX reports on it.  Trump will then see the FOX report and tweet that as well, and the whole story will be self-affirming because it's been picked up by a "reputable" news outlet.

FOX are just as culpable in this god forsaken mess as the GOP are.  When is some editor going to look at what the fuck is going on from an objective view point and realise it's gone too far??  Is this how Murdoch maintains an erection or something?

EVERY time Trump is accused of something, he throws the accusation right back at them.

"He's a Russian puppet."
"No, YOU'RE the puppet."

"He's a wannabe dictator looking to tear up people's constitutional rights."
"No, OBAMA is the dictator, trying to launch a silent coup against my administration."
« Last Edit: March 5, 2017, 10:06:45 am by Red Beret »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline theMilkman

• but doesn't deliver.
  • Legacy Fan

edit - I think it's important to see what 'the other side' are watching and taking from this.

http://europe.newsweek.com/anthony-shaffer-michael-flynn-donald-trump-911-conspiracy-theories-defense-532133?rm=eu

Looks like they're taking in a Flynn level conspiracy theorizing nutjob
"But the most important thing that we all must remember is that this football club is much more important and bigger than anybody."~ King Kenny Dalglish

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
One of the more amusing things about this whole Russia thing is listening to moderators, hosts and other people butchering ambassador Kislyak's name. Just heard someone call him something that sounded like "Killsack"... ;D

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Doomsday human centipede.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
  • Can climb two flights of stairs
Chelsea Thomas, an accountant from Thornton, Colorado, brought her family to the March 4 Trump rally in Denver - and the life-size cardboard cutout of Trump. She said the family has taken it with them on camping trips, boat rides and a country music festival.

"It's nice to be surrounded by people who share your morals and opinions," said Thomas, as her son walked back and forth across the grass with a Trump flag.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Comparing your moral compass and your brain power with a bit of cardboard is one way of announcing your stupidity

Offline DrTobiasFunke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Xw7seQkKhyc?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Xw7seQkKhyc?fs=1</a>

Just in case anyone thought there could be any truth in this -

Jake Tapper‏Verified account @jaketapper  2m2 minutes ago
WH officials with whom I spoke said POTUS got the info about wiretap from media - Breitbart, Levin - not from govt sources.

Jake Tapper‏Verified account @jaketapper  1m1 minute ago
Obviously FBI/DOJ wiretap of POTUS would be HUGE story. One illegally ordered by previous POTUS even bigger. BUT WH officials have no proof

Jake Tapper‏Verified account @jaketapper  26s26 seconds ago
3/Most reporters I know are digging on this. But every current Intel voice is saying they know of nothing to back up this claim.

Jake Tapper‏Verified account @jaketapper  12s12 seconds ago
4/Moreover we cannot pretend we haven't been here before, w/POTUS putting out wild accusations that are untethered to reality.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan

WH officials with whom I spoke said POTUS got the info about wiretap from media - Breitbart, Levin - not from govt sources.

Obviously FBI/DOJ wiretap of POTUS would be HUGE story. One illegally ordered by previous POTUS even bigger. BUT WH officials have no proof

3/Most reporters I know are digging on this. But every current Intel voice is saying they know of nothing to back up this claim.

4/Moreover we cannot pretend we haven't been here before, w/POTUS putting out wild accusations that are untethered to reality.

This only emphasises what a dangerous game FOX are playing by legitimising and feeding the ravings of a madman.  They really should be recognising the distinction between the office of POTUS and the man currently occupying the office.

Legitimate question:  if it becomes obvious to the intelligence community (and possibly certain elements of the military) that the GOP have no intention of standing up to Trump, and are using him to rubber stamp their political agenda over the good of the country as a whole, what are the odds somebody will step in and, ah, shall we say, "remove" the President themselves?

I realise it should be a ridiculous question to ask, but there appears to be heavy strain on the checks and balances safeguarding the country; and every day Trump is trying to move his people into key positions.  I very much get the impression we are on a clock here.  If somebody doesn't take a major stand against this dangerous cretin and his allies soon, a lot of damage looks set to be done.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
 Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 3h3 hours ago

Thank you for the great rallies all across the country. Tremendous support. Make America Great Again!

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
I've seen better attended Britain First rallies.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Trump obviously has form for this kind of thing - how can he just throw out accusations as he has done without any basis without any repercussions?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan

How far have we come from what used to be 'normality'? I don't think this is a deliberate smokescreen, or rather it's not part of a carefully considered overall plan. It's a distraction in the same way a chimpanzee flinging it's shit is a distraction.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 3h3 hours ago

Thank you for the great rallies all across the country. Tremendous support. Make America Great Again!

There must be a million, million and a half there? Biggest rallies ever!
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
And Pro Trumpers did a rally at Berkeley.

And you lnow what happened next.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ug73PNrnH94" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Ug73PNrnH94</a>
« Last Edit: March 5, 2017, 08:28:34 pm by Trada »

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

"A few days ago I called the fake news the enemy of the people...because they have no sources. They just make them up where there are none. They make up sources," he said. "They shouldn't be allowed to use sources unless they use somebody's name." - Donald J Trump @ CPAC

Yet he uses anonymous sources for his latest accusations against Obama.

The man is a fool. And a dangerous one at that.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
How far have we come from what used to be 'normality'? I don't think this is a deliberate smokescreen, or rather it's not part of a carefully considered overall plan. It's a distraction in the same way a chimpanzee flinging it's shit is a distraction.

The President of the USA is having his reality managed by his advisors so he doesn't become even more unhinged. When Reagan was drifting in and out of competency to deal with basic things, his staff and cabinet were checking to see whether they should have him removed from office.

---

The White House current position on the Russian links story is very fun.

“The big point here is the President himself knows what his involvement was and that’s zero,” White House spokesperson Sarah Sanders told reporters aboard Air Force One on Friday, according to a pool report.

“And I think that he’s the primary person that should be held responsibility [sic] and he had no interaction and I think that’s what the story should be focused on," she said.

The statement came in response to a question described by one pool reporter as “whether POTUS has a grasp of all the interactions of his staff and Russia.”

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/sarah-sanders-trump-zero-involvement-russia

I'm not so convinced that's how it works. If you send Flynn and Kushner to a meeting, that doesn't mean you had nothing to do with it. And, if you're reliant on the advice of those around you to function in office, even if you yourself are persil clean then them not being so is a bit of a problem. "Buck stops here" doesn't just cover the positive PR things you want to claim.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
A successful media narcissist used to posing rarely allows his natural persona to show on camera.  One moment he did was when he said that the press made it difficult to make a deal.

All his deals take place in restaurants, golf courses and hotel rooms and are never open to eventual disclosure.

He's running out of people, God knows what the Breitbart sharktank will spawn.

Mad fucking magazine running the Executive.  Fucksake. :duh

Although the spooks aren't gonna let them go too far.
« Last Edit: March 5, 2017, 09:47:14 pm by jambutty »
Kill the humourless

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
I think you're giving him too much credit. He skim read a Breitbart article and reacted with a tweet.

And this just goes back to the original story because any surveillance is linked to Trump and his associates links to Russia.

He does this all the time. Throws shit around. It's what he does best. Then everyone starts discussing it. And conveniently the attention is turned away from something that makes him look bad. He's a master at this. Story after story with no basis in reality. Gets him the headlines and he keeps us busy with nonsense. I think it's part of who he is.

Online Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley

Trump obviously has form for this kind of thing - how can he just throw out accusations as he has done without any basis without any repercussions?

Because it is the new normal? And because he is just floating stuff out there to distract?

Is it any coincidence that these tweets get done right  after the Sessions stuff came to light?
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan

Because it works.

Now it's so simple that he's the President, he decides the agenda. In his campaign, he lied too. It didn't matter. What seems to matter is the ability to get headlines or air time.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
So much wrapped up in this story.

The F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, asked the Justice Department this weekend to publicly reject President Trump’s assertion that President Barack Obama ordered the tapping of Mr. Trump’s phones, senior American officials said on Sunday. Mr. Comey has argued that the highly charged claim is false and must be corrected, they said, but the department has not released any such statement.

Mr. Comey made the request on Saturday after Mr. Trump leveled his allegation on Twitter. Mr. Comey has been working to get the Justice Department to knock down Mr. Trump’s claim because there is no evidence to support it and it insinuates that the F.B.I. broke the law, the officials said.

A spokesman for the F.B.I. declined to comment. Sarah Isgur Flores, the spokeswoman for the Justice Department, also declined to comment.

A statement by the Justice Department or Mr. Comey refuting Mr. Trump’s allegations would be a remarkable rebuke of a sitting president, putting the nation’s top law enforcement officials in the position of questioning the truthfulness of the government’s top leader. The situation underscores the high stakes of what the president and his aides have set out by accusing the former president of a conspiracy to undermine Mr. Trump’s young administration.

The White House showed no indication that it would back down from Mr. Trump’s claims. On Sunday, the president demanded a congressional inquiry into whether Mr. Obama had abused the power of federal law enforcement agencies before the 2016 presidential election. In a statement from his spokesman, Mr. Trump called “reports” about the wiretapping “very troubling” and said that Congress should examine them as part of its investigations into Russia’s meddling in the election.

Along with concerns about the potential attacks on the bureau’s credibility, senior F.B.I. officials are said to be worried that the notion of a court-approved wiretap will raise the public’s expectations that the federal authorities have significant evidence implicating the Trump campaign in colluding with Russia’s efforts to disrupt the presidential election.

One problem Mr. Comey has faced is that there are few senior politically appointed officials at the Justice Department who can make the decision to release a statement, the officials said. Attorney General Jeff Sessions recused himself on Thursday from all matters related to the federal investigation into connections between Mr. Trump, his associates and Russia.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/05/us/politics/trump-seeks-inquiry-into-allegations-that-obama-tapped-his-phones.html

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
"A few days ago I called the fake news the enemy of the people...because they have no sources. They just make them up where there are none. They make up sources," he said. "They shouldn't be allowed to use sources unless they use somebody's name." - Donald J Trump @ CPAC

Yet he uses anonymous sources for his latest accusations against Obama.

The man is a fool. And a dangerous one at that.

That's how it works. It's so hollow, but it works. It's crazy and it goes against everything normal and sane. I literally have no idea how to take him down. But I believe he's extremely sensitive to things that hurt his image. So I hope people make a fool of him at every press conference. For example by using what you just described above. And eventually, I hope someone finds him guilty of treason and locks him up.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
And so he blames his own staff...

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/04/politics/donald-trump-jeff-sessions-reince-priebus/index.html

He is a total disaster. The Republicans will look back at this administration with shame.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
This is so Bannon.  Create a new truth.
Kill the humourless

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
So much wrapped up in this story.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/05/us/politics/trump-seeks-inquiry-into-allegations-that-obama-tapped-his-phones.html

Significant because it's Comey and also because the Justice Department has yet to respond.

There are people there who KNOW this can only end one way, but they just don't want to face up to the reality of it.  They keep putting it off, hoping the situation will normalise, but it's just not happening.

Trump's shit flinging will become increasingly ineffectual because, as President, he's under constant scrutiny.  He can't sneak away from his bad deals and bullish behaviour the way he could as a private citizen.  Everything he's saying is a matter of public record and becomes part of his administration's position.  The shit is sticking to him, but not quickly enough for me.

Popcorn's Art

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Trump angry and frustrated at staff over Sessions fallout

By Jake Tapper, Jim Acosta, Jeff Zeleny, Sara Murray, John King and Gloria Borger, CNN

Updated 1314 GMT (2114 HKT) March 5, 2017

The renewed focus on Russia is seen as a major let down after Tuesday

Washington (CNN)President Donald Drumpf is extremely frustrated with his senior staff and communications team for allowing the firestorm surrounding Attorney General Jeff Sessions to steal his thunder in the wake of his address to Congress, sources tell CNN.

"Nobody has seen him that upset," one source said, adding the feeling was the communications team allowed the Sessions news, which the administration deemed a nonstory, to overtake the narrative.

On Thursday, Sessions recused himself from any current or future investigations into ties between Russia and the Trump campaign after it was reported he had met with the Russian ambassador to the US, something he had previously failed to disclose.

In particular, the renewed focus on Russia is seen as a major letdown after Tuesday when top officials were riding high, congratulating one another on Trump's speech to Congress.

"The staff fumbled," Trump told the team for not being prepared when the Sessions story came out, according to another source.

Smerconish: 'New Trump' lasts one day 02:03

The President was "hot" and exasperated Thursday night after Sessions' recusal, a source familiar with the situation said, considering it hasty and overkill.

When the President returned to the White House Thursday evening from a day trip to Virginia, there were "a lot of expletives." The source said for more than a week Trump had been lamenting that his senior staff "just keep getting in their own way."

"The President had a fantastic week advancing his agenda to lift up all Americans and keep the nation safe. His joint session speech will go down in history as one of the best," White House spokesman Sean Spicer said in response to CNN's reporting.

The President is showing increasing flashes of anger over the performance of his senior staff and daily developments about Russia overshadowing his message, multiple people inside the White House and outside the administration told CNN.

Trump voiced his frustration to his inner circle in the Oval Office Friday, sources said. He feels attacked by the media, former Obama administration officials and others, and frustrated that things are not going more smoothly. The President expressed his anger at non-stop leaks undermining his administration, the sources said.

One source familiar with the Friday meeting said Trump was angry at senior staff, including chief of staff Reince Priebus, about the state of affairs at the White House this week.

Word had spread through the White House that Priebus had been chewed out but those in the room dispute that.
Priebus declined to comment on the record about the meeting.

One official, who was in the Oval Office, said there was an "animated discussion" about a number of subjects during the meeting -- the forthcoming immigration executive order, health care and Russia developments.

Trump is upset because he doesn't believe he is getting the credit he thinks he deserves for his time in office so far because of self-inflicted wounds and missteps, the source said. An informed presidential ally outside government but close to the President said Trump was really angry about having a "mini disaster" a week. The President's mood is adding to tremendous pressure inside the West Wing and aides have been seen in tears in recent days at multiple meetings.

With so much on the administration's plate -- leaks, Russia story, pending executive order and Obamacare repeal and replacement -- Priebus said he would not go to Florida with the President this weekend as had been previously planned, a source told CNN. He was on the manifest, and a big donor reception by the Republican National Committee which Priebus used to chair was on Preibus' schedule.

But the President said he thought it wouldn't be a good idea since he is not happy with the state of matters right now, the same source said.

A White House official disputed that Priebus was supposed to travel to Florida, adding that he stayed home this weekend for a family celebration.

White House chief strategist Steve Bannon, who initially decided to also stay in Washington Friday, ended up traveling to Florida Saturday and is joining Trump, Sessions, Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly and Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross at dinner at Mar-a-Lago.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/04/politics/donald-trump-jeff-sessions-reince-priebus/index.html

A. Finely. Tuned. Machine.
Kill the humourless

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
This only emphasises what a dangerous game FOX are playing by legitimising and feeding the ravings of a madman.  They really should be recognising the distinction between the office of POTUS and the man currently occupying the office.

Legitimate question:  if it becomes obvious to the intelligence community (and possibly certain elements of the military) that the GOP have no intention of standing up to Trump, and are using him to rubber stamp their political agenda over the good of the country as a whole, what are the odds somebody will step in and, ah, shall we say, "remove" the President themselves?

I realise it should be a ridiculous question to ask, but there appears to be heavy strain on the checks and balances safeguarding the country; and every day Trump is trying to move his people into key positions.  I very much get the impression we are on a clock here.  If somebody doesn't take a major stand against this dangerous cretin and his allies soon, a lot of damage looks set to be done.

POTUS 25 & 35 were both assassinated. Hopefully a 1 I in 10 pattern forming.
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
Wonder if those "aides in tears" are male or female.  I only ask because it would be just like Trump to bully female staff members...

People might be more tolerant of an inexperienced administration making mistakes as it found its feet, if that administration gave any indication it was actually LEARNING from said mistakes - rather than just trying to be more devious in how it tries to do what it wants to do.

Looks like Trump's temper is going to be one of the major factors here.  A President needs to keep his cool; angry people seldom think straight or make good decisions.  A reactive and impulsive President is bad for the country.

Popcorn's Art

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
  The shit is sticking to him, but not quickly enough for me.

Exactly. I wish we could forward time about a year to know what has been going on. My theory is that the interference in the election happened without Trump's campaign being in on it. The Russians will probably have sounded them out on what they'll do if they win but that will be it. However, I also think that Trump has financial ties to Russia and that that will be influencing his decisions. Rachel Maddow has done some very interesting pieces on Trump's possible connections to Russia. Like selling an estate in the US for a huge profit to Russian billionaire Dmitry Rybolovlev only a short time after Trump had bought it himself. Or the commerce secretary Wilbur Ross also being the Vice Chairman of the Bank of Cyprus that has clear ties to Russian oligarchs and the Kremlin. It will be interesting to see once everything is uncovered and I think that will only happen after Trump's financial information is out in the open...