Author Topic: Booooooooooo  (Read 48110 times)

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
Re: Booooooooooo
« Reply #40 on: November 8, 2014, 08:46:13 pm »
Fair comment Chops, I echo your sentiments.  For me though I lost a lot of love and respect for the whole thing a few years back, Rafa's last season, away at Pompey, hearing idiots spewing venom and bile at our manager. I even challenged one of them whe he started getting a song going abusing Rafa.  Sickening, even more so when one of his mates actually said  " he has to go after this result"  I asked him who do you get in then not that I agree mind, "Roy Hodgson" he quipped.  I was sick in my mouth and t be honest I have never been able to shake the taste of it since even 4 years down the line.  It bollox- too any muppets at the game and to be honest and I hate saying this- I know so many clueless bellends, and the majority of them are fellow scousers
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: November 8, 2014, 08:47:51 pm »
I would have fucking booo'd as well, it was garbage.

I'd say just not bother going if this continues as you can be bored at home for free for 90 minutes

Stay at home please.   
No time for caution.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #42 on: November 8, 2014, 08:51:53 pm »
I think we should search for this guy and, if found, this guy should be advised to do it all over again.

If it carries on like this at Home until Christmas, he won't be the only one  ::)

Offline redrockydennis

• Annie Wilkes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • gonna paint me jarg wheelie bin purple
« Reply #43 on: November 8, 2014, 08:55:39 pm »
Well done with this thread, first time a managers decision has been booed at anfield? Bollocks. Bored shitless of this holier than thou self righteous shite.
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes,
of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

Offline Pidalow

• Legacy Fan
  • Success is not forever and failure isn’t fatal.
« Reply #44 on: November 8, 2014, 08:57:55 pm »
Our fans are no different to any other fan base. Obviously each fan base likes to think of themselves as unique but in reality we all have the same reactions.

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: November 8, 2014, 09:07:18 pm »
Nah, the fans lost their way a while ago. Surely we remember only a few years ago the c*nts booing the team off the pitch after a result that put us top of the league. Probably the same c*nts booing today.
West Ham, freezin cold, both full backs nailed to the half way line when attacking, 0-0? more or less cost us the league.......
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: November 8, 2014, 09:10:23 pm »
Booing is for c*nts. As is leaving early.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: November 8, 2014, 09:10:56 pm »
Yes, and walking down memory lane of our self righteousness, nothing has stung so deep than that today.

Lest we forget - not one, but two!, TWO! Cacophonies of a well and oh so opinionated - "I knows better than you, I've paid my money, I'll have my say, I'll have you know" shitehawkedness - Booooooooooooooo!

I rest my case.

It's a function of the club making fans pay through the nose. Make no mistake about it it's still a working class game and 50quid (with other match day costs on top) is a lot of money - the games turned into a customer buying a product thing these days. And if you're paying that much and the teams not playing so well the frustration comes out like that. Not that id boo the lads off, but I can see why it happens. I mean it happens most often in this league at the most expensive ground to go to to watch a game.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: November 8, 2014, 09:12:01 pm »
Well done with this thread, first time a managers decision has been booed at anfield? Bollocks. Bored shitless of this holier than thou self righteous shite.
Course it's not the first time. But people doing it the first time were also idiotic bastards.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: November 8, 2014, 09:13:58 pm »
So, well it happened, the final act of a fan-base becoming part of the general 'norm'.

We can now safely say we are now part of that general shoal of wanky fair weather fans that follow arsenal, chelsea, man united and city - to name but a few.

I questioned the substitutions myself, but I also saw the merits in what 'he' did.....after! I gave it time!

Fucking atrocious that noise today - shithouse knee-jerk wanky 'new-age' fan base opinions, makes me vomit. You should hang your head in shame you fucking c*nts.

You know who you are.

We always have, just that people have their heads buried in the sand and like to think everything is rosy. Football is global now, so everyone off all football 'cultures' makes up the fanbase of all clubs now.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: November 8, 2014, 09:15:01 pm »
Always worse after expectations have been raised. Last season was probably ahead of schedule and now causing discontent.
If I was there today would have definitely been grumbling at the subs,
don't think I would have booed.  But I do get a bit carried away when I get to go, usually at you ref.  :no

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: November 8, 2014, 09:24:52 pm »
You are correct in that fan is short for fanatical.  I don't recall it being short for blindness or ignorance though.  People complain about the amount of money it takes to go to a game, and they should.  That 60 pounds or whatever it may be isn't going to FSG, it's going into the product on the pitch or the pockets of the LFC employees and for either that product currently isn't good enough.  It's actually getting comical now how woeful the clubs funds, of which is being spent into the red, have been used to actually bring an inferior product to the match paying fans.  I'd say just not bother going if this continues as you can be bored at home for free for 90 minutes but no club in the world, no matter the sport, refunds tickets paid.

SMFH. I don't know where to begin.

I appreciate you likely wont understand any of this, but for us this is not a 'product'. Fans a are not customers. You don't pay your money to be entertained, and have consumer rights to request a refund if the entertainment doesn't live up to your expectations. It doesn't work like this.

When we go and watch the match, we are part of it. Those on the pitch, they are part of us, our best and chosen. Lacking skill, youth, talent, all that is left to us is to cheer them on, encourage them, support them. But they are part of us.  A misplaced pass hurts, because one of us misplaced it. A bad decision hurts because we chose badly. The defeat hurts because, collectively, we weren't good enough.

This is what modern football is taking away from us: the community. The shared values. The family feeling. That was the worst atmosphere of the season so far today. The ground really felt like it was full of strangers.

I'll stop it with the soppy romantic shite now. :)
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: November 8, 2014, 09:39:52 pm »

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: November 8, 2014, 09:40:08 pm »

I appreciate you likely wont understand any of this, but for us this is not a 'product'. Fans a are not customers. You don't pay your money to be entertained, and have consumer rights to request a refund if the entertainment doesn't live up to your expectations. It doesn't work like this.

When we go and watch the match, we are part of it. Those on the pitch, they are part of us, our best and chosen. Lacking skill, youth, talent, all that is left to us is to cheer them on, encourage them, support them. But they are part of us.  A misplaced pass hurts, because one of us misplaced it. A bad decision hurts because we chose badly. The defeat hurts because, collectively, we weren't good enough.

This is what modern football is taking away from us: the community. The shared values. The family feeling. That was the worst atmosphere of the season so far today. The ground really felt like it was full of strangers.

The shared values have gone along with players riding on the bus with fans. The days of testimonials because it was a short career and they needed the money. Personally haven't seen a pay rise in 5 years
and we have players on £100,000 a week and a manager on 4m per year. Half the players couldn't give a crap where the play.
I think that's why maybe the modern supporters are less tolerant.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #54 on: November 8, 2014, 09:54:54 pm »
West Ham, freezin cold, both full backs nailed to the half way line when attacking, 0-0? more or less cost us the league.......
Can't believe you would embarrass yourself by posting that tripe.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: November 8, 2014, 09:57:28 pm »
The shared values have gone along with players riding on the bus with fans. The days of testimonials because it was a short career and they needed the money. Personally haven't seen a pay rise in 5 years
and we have players on £100,000 a week and a manager on 4m per year. Half the players couldn't give a crap where the play.
I think that's why maybe the modern supporters are less tolerant.
Factually you're right of course. It's more about the sentiment.

Personally I think it's not a even a football problem, it's a society shift to the right. The support in the ground is shit for the same reason the government can impose cuts and destroy institutions like the NHS without any serious opposition. But that's more for other threads.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #56 on: November 8, 2014, 09:57:58 pm »
Tim Sherwood in his Independent column today said we are the most patient fans in the country
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #57 on: November 8, 2014, 10:04:05 pm »
Tim Sherwood in his Independent column today said we are the most patient fans in the country

He also thought he could get Spurs into the top 4.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #58 on: November 8, 2014, 10:07:57 pm »
Look mate - when you're in the ground its about solidarity, its about a oneness, its about we're all in this together - its about setting a fucking tone and leading by example

Thats what we do, that's what fan's( short for fanatical) do.

If people want to boooooo, then fuck off to Drury Lane. But this, THIS IS ANFIELD and as the sign implies, this is something special, this is something different. Today, today we were not special, we were not different, we were not something special - we were as run of the mill as every other shitehawk fanbase that beals me to be likened to, or act like.

Its a fucking disgrace.

Yep. Was amazed by the booing, but I sit all over the ground and not a game goes by without players getting abused so it shouldn't surprise me.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: November 8, 2014, 10:10:24 pm »
Couldn't agree more. Well said choppper
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: November 8, 2014, 10:13:54 pm »
Can't believe you would embarrass yourself by posting that tripe.
Its not tripe, it was incredibly frustrating, I was in the Kop and it was the Centenary stand that was booing so this kopites are gobshites shit isnt right at all.
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #61 on: November 8, 2014, 10:18:05 pm »
Booing is shite but so is thinking Borini and Allen are going to impact a game. Did anyone honestly think either would do anything to alter the result?
JFT97

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: November 8, 2014, 10:24:10 pm »
He also thought he could get Spurs into the top 4.

I know you're trying to be humorous, but I'll clarify. The point I was trying to make is that we have this reputation in the game and it's pretty sad if we are on the slippery slope to Acme fan status.

Yes, there's been booing before, but this couldn't be a worse time to show such a lack of patience
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: November 8, 2014, 10:28:18 pm »

That's great, I have no issue with those sentiments.  The game is or was considered as for the working class as it was a way for them to be entertained for a couple of hours each week at a reasonable cost, do you believe any differently?  Currently I'd say there is not much to be entertained about and supporting because it's a family is fine and all but I can assure you the club doesn't think that way and the way they've failed in the 6 months is a real cause for concern.

Offline fcsantos

• Main Stander
  • Believer
« Reply #64 on: November 8, 2014, 10:35:44 pm »
Chopper I'm totally with you, I think what other posters are saying are that the club is turning the us into a product or brand.

I'm 36 and I get upset at losing my Dads generation, who were basically the founding fathers of who we are, our whole identity.

My generation holding on to the coat tails and trying to carry "our way" forward.  It's a sad, but, it's up to the likes of yourself to educate the ones who haven't been told before it becomes the majority.

I'm afraid it's a losing battle thanks to the prices, society and the world in general, I hope we can keep some remblence to the like of yourself who I'm proud our fan base are associated to, the club should also recognise this and understand the value in both £'s and the uniquenesses of what makes us Liverpool.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #65 on: November 8, 2014, 11:15:02 pm »
Totally agree with the OP. I wouldn't boo the team if we had got twatted 5-0, we just don't do it.

What I will say though having stood in the 200's on the KOP today, it wasn't 'a few' that booed. It was a large proportion of the ground and it was at a time in the game when the fans were already majorly fucked off with the way we were playing.

For those at the game, you will remember a point on the 1st half where the atmosphere was literally toxic at our back 3, when we rather pathetically trying time and time again to gift Chelsea a goal by passing the ball aimlessly around our box. That was the 1st half. It was still 1-1 but we see the signs, the play was shocking and people were getting anxious and frustrated. We've seen it before this season. We travel all across the country and across Europe and watch us play like this and can see what's coming.

By the time the rather ridiculous substitutions happened, our fears had been confirmed and we had conceded another sloppy goal and were now losing.

We're not talking of a few boos here. I was stood in 206. We're talking of regulars. STH's. Scousers. Reds of the older generation. I said in the post match thread that we're not idiots. We know who's playing well and who's playing shit. Out of Gerrard, Can, Coutinho & Hendo there were 2 players that should have been dragged off and there were two who had actually impacted the game and looked a threat. Every red watching the game knew this. We chose the wrong two. At that point, its seems that people had just had enough. This is 11 games of frustration in one fair swoop.

Im not condoning the booing because I didn't do it myself and I don't agree with it but the whole situation stunk and I think it was a slap in the face to all of the supporters (including myself) who have supported Brendans decision to drop those players on Tuesday. It seems he didn't drop them afterall. His subs weren't based on form or 'wanting to create more chances' like he said after the game, it was because he didn't have the guts to pull off the biggest player in the clubs history even though it was clear he was one of the worst performers.

The one thing that makes me think it was an isolated incident was the fact there were no boos at full time. Booing at any time in my opinion is wrong, but I think its only right to try and understand why tens of thousands of regulars, STH's, scousers etc had that 'moment'.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: November 8, 2014, 11:20:57 pm »
Totally agree with the OP. I wouldn't boo the team if we had got twatted 5-0, we just don't do it.

What I will say though having stood in the 200's on the KOP today, it wasn't 'a few' that booed. It was a large proportion of the ground and it was at a time in the game when the fans were already majorly fucked off with the way we were playing.

For those at the game, you will remember a point on the 1st half where the atmosphere was literally toxic at our back 3, when we rather pathetically trying time and time again to gift Chelsea a goal by passing the ball aimlessly around our box. That was the 1st half. It was still 1-1 but we see the signs, the play was shocking and people were getting anxious and frustrated. We've seen it before this season. We travel all across the country and across Europe and watch us play like this and can see what's coming.

By the time the rather ridiculous substitutions happened, our fears had been confirmed and we had conceded another sloppy goal and were now losing.

We're not talking of a few boos here. I was stood in 206. We're talking of regulars. STH's. Scousers. Reds of the older generation. I said in the post match thread that we're not idiots. We know who's playing well and who's playing shit. Out of Gerrard, Can, Coutinho & Hendo there were 2 players that should have been dragged off and there were two who had actually impacted the game and looked a threat. Every red watching the game knew this. We chose the wrong two. At that point, its seems that people had just had enough. This is 11 games of frustration in one fair swoop.

Im not condoning the booing because I didn't do it myself and I don't agree with it but the whole situation stunk and I think it was a slap in the face to all of the supporters (including myself) who have supported Brendans decision to drop those players on Tuesday. It seems he didn't drop them afterall. His subs weren't based on form or 'wanting to create more chances' like he said after the game, it was because he didn't have the guts to pull off the biggest player in the clubs history even though it was clear he was one of the worst performers.

The one thing that makes me think it was an isolated incident was the fact there were no boos at full time. Booing at any time in my opinion is wrong, but I think its only right to try and understand why tens of thousands of regulars, STH's, scousers etc had that 'moment'.

good post, thanks for the insight

Offline Gerry83

• Meff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Used to be Jeff, too much crystal
« Reply #67 on: November 8, 2014, 11:31:44 pm »
The media love a good story and they'll hound BR out if this continues. Fans booing his decisions over substitutions are doing reporters jobs for them. I'm expecting the barrage of Liverpool and Rodgers specials, back pages and the like to continue. People are entitled to boo if they want but they're not helping anyone by doing so and im in the camp who thinks they're morons in all honesty.

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: November 8, 2014, 11:36:18 pm »
Fucking hell get off your soap boxes. People pay good money they can do what the fuck they want, if they want to wear a half and half scarf maybe its their first match or its one they've been looking forward to or they have this mad thing called free will and bought it, and why not?! Horrible nobhead better than thou attitude cos you wear your adidas trackie top the match and someone else wears their Liverpool shirt. And guess what people take photos at the match, like they would do a concert cos it probably means a great deal to them. If people want to boo its their prerogative, bet a few of yous where shouting at the tele today, doesn't make you a whopper
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: November 8, 2014, 11:38:09 pm »
I taped the game and actually sat through and watched the game back from the 30th minute and i dont know about others but there appeared to be plenty of frustration when Henderson slowed the play down or we passed it around the back.

Rodgers knew anyway. His post match interviews have referenced the crowd frustration and you can tell he is feeling the heat.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: November 8, 2014, 11:38:24 pm »
Fucking hell get off your soap boxes. People pay good money they can do what the fuck they want, if they want to wear a half and half scarf maybe its their first match or its one they've been looking forward to or they have this mad thing called free will and bought it, and why not?! Horrible nobhead better than thou attitude cos you wear your adidas trackie top the match and someone else wears their Liverpool shirt. And guess what people take photos at the match, like they would do a concert cos it probably means a great deal to them. If people want to boo its their prerogative, bet a few of yous where shouting at the tele today, doesn't make you a whopper

Call it holier than thou or whatever you want but you clearly don't understand Liverpool FC or the culture that surrounds the club.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #71 on: November 8, 2014, 11:41:22 pm »
Look mate - when you're in the ground its about solidarity, its about a oneness, its about we're all in this together - its about setting a fucking tone and leading by example

Thats what we do, that's what fan's( short for fanatical) do.

If people want to boooooo, then fuck off to Drury Lane. But this, THIS IS ANFIELD and as the sign implies, this is something special, this is something different. Today, today we were not special, we were not different, we were not something special - we were as run of the mill as every other shitehawk fanbase that beals me to be likened to, or act like.

Its a fucking disgrace.

Could not agree with more... Nice OP Chop
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: November 8, 2014, 11:42:07 pm »
Call it holier than thou or whatever you want but you clearly don't understand Liverpool FC or the culture that surrounds the club.

Well if you want I'll throw me gazelles on and stand outside Anfield and call anyone wearing red a nobhead. You're doing the exact same shit half the people on here give Everton shit for, we had a shit game people booed, RAWK cried. End of

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #73 on: November 8, 2014, 11:44:33 pm »
Correct. Think this was Torres off, Ngog Babel on.

Wolves under Hodgson.

To be fair, it's gone this way since the back end of Rafa's tenure. Believe it or not there were blokes calling for Rafa's head the year we finished second. Having the unbridled pleasure of sharing the bus on the way to ground with these sorts was like playing the devil's advocate; sickening.

Then there was the gobshites under Kenny's reign. I remember sitting in the Annie Road end vs. Newcastle on New Year's eve and this old c*nt calling out Downing; every name under the sun. His teenage daughter sat next to him and just laughing, proud as fucking punch. Some role model, eh?

The kicker was last year against West Ham, the week before we went to White Hart Lane. I had the unfortunate delight of sitting in the paddock next to this bloke tearing Sterling to pieces. "You're shit" and various other deplorable remarks that most probably would've taken exception to by punching the vile fucker out!

Point is, there's shit people in this world and our great club isn't immune to them. Take all and give fuck all in return. Quite ironic really considering what Shankly built this club on. These people are mob of c*nts.  Pure and simple.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: November 8, 2014, 11:45:27 pm »
Well if you want I'll throw me gazelles on and stand outside Anfield and call anyone wearing red a nobhead. You're doing the exact same shit half the people on here give Everton shit for, we had a shit game people booed, RAWK cried. End of

I'm not doing anything except pointing out that it's clear as day that you don't understand the history and culture around the football club you support, comparing going the game to going to a concert pretty much confirms any doubt
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: November 8, 2014, 11:53:55 pm »
Football's gone to shit and this is the result.
But you were watching the rugby ?
bollocks

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: November 8, 2014, 11:54:37 pm »

totally agree, can remember when I saw the two changes I spent a minute or so rolling my eyes at it, wasn't so much who came on but who came off, just showed that the manager is basically his captains bitch really and couldn't really blame those who booed that ridiculous decision (one of many today)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: November 8, 2014, 11:56:08 pm »
I'm not doing anything except pointing out that it's clear as day that you don't understand the history and culture around the football club you support, comparing going the game to going to a concert pretty much confirms any doubt

And the abusing of fans for what they wear the match, what scarf they have or if they take a snide 'selfie' is the foundations of this clubs were built on. You're right my mistake. You can be pissed off at the knee jerk booing but some of the other comments are just childish and petty. Some people get one chance to visit Anfield in their life, others dont... I don't care what you think of my level of support for the club or the fact that I was born and bred in Liverpool so I don't understand the clubs culture. I was just pointing out some of the posters in here were being ridiculous

Offline Red_Wings

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #78 on: November 9, 2014, 12:03:15 am »
I agree with the booing is not something we should do HOWEVER... same shite every week! After the real macth, wtf did BR do to change it up? The players and thaaaaaaaaats about it. What a joke, BR seems so blindly stubborn and unwilling to chnage the formation to the point I think any fan would be bloody pissed off! Booing doesn't help but the manager isn't doing crap to make a change and push us. I feel that if sturriage wasn't fit next week we'd see the same crap again... ect ect

In the end as fans we get like this because we want the BEST FOR THE TEAM and the fact we care. The tossers/plastic wankers are the ones who ditch the team or know shite all about them and pretend they do. The booing is shite thing to do but at home, at anfield , the fans who probably turn up as much as they can and pay to see their beloved team play and see the constant shite repeatedly is not on.

Just my opinion as a fan who wouldn't boo at my team but I sure would give someone a bollocking if they kept doing same mistake again. I don't think there are many of us who would say they aren't sad or angry with our performances as of late.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: November 9, 2014, 12:09:52 am »

Funny, I was having this discussion with my kids today. I take my daughter to the game about once a month but we missed this one and watched it on the Internet . Pre-match I was saying that I expected us to lose, and I spent a lot of the match giving the players blue murder . Meanwhile my dad is sending me negative texts.

But - and it's an important distinction- when we go to the game we sing, we encourage the team and we never , ever 'boo'. Being at the match is different . My 14 yr old knows not to sing the Gerrard song in the playground and she knows how to support the team in the stadium .