Author Topic: Booooooooooo  (Read 48109 times)

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Booooooooooo
« Reply #440 on: November 11, 2014, 11:36:37 pm »
And the fact that LFC fans are so 'special'...such a 'collective'...?

Is that why fellow fans get flamed if they open their mouths with any...and I mean...any form of criticism?

I find it ironic to the point of incredulity...for the most part, the very people who shout loudest about LFC fans being a noble collective are thee most vicious and quick to shoot from the hip at anyone they disagree with.

Some people booed...it's happened before...it will happen again...get it in perspective.

I'm not saying the uber - fans have to like it...but I am saying it would be a nice way of showing that we're a "collective" (as they claim) that they stop being such a twat about it.

I agree that there are many on here who are holier than art thou and aren't very good at educating new reds, instead choosing to shout people down, no doubt. There are a lot of long standing reds who are far less welcoming to other fans than they should be - particularly towards "wools" "OOT'ers", etc

They too aren't showing a great deal of pride in what it means to be a Liverpool fan. To welcome people into the great traditions, into the family etc. No doubt.

This is a big problem in our fanbase atm imho (see the flaming many fellow reds got in the 39th game thread for example)

But... fighting for your right to boo?

Come on.

We're not aiming to be a collective of gobshites.

We're aiming to be a collective that shows our players great support!

That truly makes them believe YNWA

Fighting for your right to boo basically just makes me think you want Liverpool to be a shit club like everyone else.

And... given that we're not a rich club, what then would we have?

Sure we'd have some history, but... remove the aura of great support, and that fact that we're not really on the same ballpark financially as the cheaters (Man City/Chelsea), "London" (Arsenal), and a bona fide "rich" club (Man Utd), what do we then have that sets us apart from e.g. Newcastle?

Serious question?

Show some pride in being part of something special. Being part of a group that tries to be a 12th man. Being part of a group that has other clubs fans jealous, OOTers wishing they were a part of it, and even getting the attention of followers of other sports.

See this video:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/NDCiNGYfhPY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/NDCiNGYfhPY</a>

These people weren't singing because of what happens on the pitch

They were singing because they wanted to be a part of what makes Liverpool great. To show what it means to be a supporter. Most of them have waited their whole life to get the opportunity to sing for Liverpool.

Or maybe it was just 90,000 superfans in one place on the other side of the world?

Do you know much it hurts those people to watch helplessly from afar when some gobshites at Anfield complain about paying a few pounds extra and booing the players on the pitch

Excruciating

Look, the gist of your point of view makes sense, but... reconsider it. It's not what we're about, it's not about being a "super" fan, it's about showing some fucking pride in what we're about.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #441 on: November 11, 2014, 11:37:26 pm »
To what end?

You asked a question re. something which I've not mentioned in this discussion, one based on a self - asserting n false proposition and I fail to see how any answer to it moves the debate on.

Though with recent comments to me, I'm inclined to think that a desire to 'debate' has given way to good ol' fury n flaming abuse.

Nice diversionary tactic.

You've been discussing the ability of supporters to boo at the match.

Some of us can't understand why anyone would boo. Most people in this thread have given quasi-answers of why it might have happened. But no one wants to explain from a personal experience of doing it themselves.

So maybe your personal experience as to boo'ing would enlighten us as to why your so adamant it should be allowed or at least tolerated.

Unless of course you're just being contrary and just arguing the toss as to wind people up.

Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline I-was-watching-it-on-Sky

• Jiggerer Pokerer. He was watching, he was watching, he was watching it on Sky. He was watching it on Sky!
  • Kopite
  • We return to our place as football Royalty.
« Reply #442 on: November 11, 2014, 11:42:35 pm »
I agree that there are many on here who are holier than art thou and aren't very good at educating new reds, instead choosing to shout people down, no doubt. There are a lot of long standing reds who are far less welcoming to other fans than they should be - particularly towards "wools" "OOT'ers", etc

They too aren't showing a great deal of pride in what it means to be a Liverpool fan. To welcome people into the great traditions, into the family etc. No doubt.

This is a big problem in our fanbase atm imho (see the flaming many fellow reds got in the 39th game thread for example)

Come on.

Fighting for your right to boo basically just makes me think you want Liverpool to be a shit club like everyone else.

Sure we'd have some history, but... remove the aura of great support, and that fact that we're not really on the same ballpark financially as the cheaters (Man City/Chelsea), "London" (Arsenal), and a bona fide "rich" club (Man Utd), what do we then have that sets us apart from e.g. Newcastle?

Serious question?

Show some pride in being part of something special. Being part of a group that tries to be a 12th man. Being part of a group that has other clubs fans jealous, OOTers wishing they were a part of it, and even getting the attention of followers of other sports.

See this video:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/NDCiNGYfhPY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/NDCiNGYfhPY</a>

They were singing because they wanted to be a part of what makes Liverpool great. To show what it means to be a supporter. Most of them have waited their whole life to get the opportunity to sing for Liverpool.

Or maybe it was just 90,000 superfans in one place on the other side of the world?

Do you know much it hurts those people to watch helplessly from afar when some gobshites at Anfield complain about paying a few pounds extra and booing the players on the pitch

Excruciating

Look, the gist of your point of view makes sense, but... reconsider it. It's not what we're about, it's not about being a "super" fan, it's about showing some fucking pride in what we're about.

I'll admit that I've shifted the basis of my argument a little, but I'm not arguing for a 'right' to boo.

What I am saying is to be understanding of it.

It's been condemned n abused by thee very cohort who claim to be part of a collective.

They are NOT part of the collective...they are acting like self - appointed overlords of the moral center of that 'collective'.

Anyone who has different views n perspectives...gets flamed.

What is it about that which bonds us together?
Lesser Redneck Shitehawk

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #443 on: November 11, 2014, 11:43:00 pm »
I'll say it again because I think it's an important point.

The fans and supporters inside Anfield aren't there to get a blurry picture of Alberto Moreno taking a cross, they are there to be the 12th man, to sing and shout, harangue the opposition and officials into buckling, to help the men in red shirts.

That's pretty much it. If the opposition's wide players aren't moving infield to avoid the abuse they're getting, then someone isn't doing their job.

Booing doesn't come into that. You don't see Brendan on the touchline just mooing like a mad fucking cow.

He'd just be following the herd if he did.

Offline Abraham

• Anny Roader
  • Justice.
« Reply #444 on: November 11, 2014, 11:44:12 pm »
Look...I'm not here to needlessly provoke people...but seriously?

I just don't buy-in to all that stuff about LFC fans being a cut - above the rest of them.

That's the self - aggrandising nonsense which allows some in here ridicule anyone who disagrees with them.

All done on the basis that they are 'true' fans and opposing views are proffered by 'lesser' fans...therefore worth nothing.

We are a wide n varied motley crew, who are, for the greater part identified by our differences...save one...a self-selecting irrational association with LFC.

There are some in here who, if they told me at 5 am tomorrow that the sun had risen in the West...I'd feel compelled to go to the window n check.

The idea that we're a noble collective...based on our irrational association doesn't bear examination.

Especially when you see the scorn poured out by the self - appointed uber - fans on mere mortals (and OOT'S especially)...you get the clear view that this is no more than a place for some people to colour their drab work - a - day lives with self - deluding visions of themselves as 'true' fans.

Some people booed at the game...it won't bring down governments...it didn't affect world peace...it's not even anything new.

Those who didn't like it have had a rant about how 'bad' it was (as a way of telling us all how good they are)...now...If we are indeed a noble collective...FFS put it in perspective n get over it n move on.

I like the irony of your tagline 'we return to our rightful place as football royalty'. Look at some of the current "football royalty" - in the prem it's Chelsea or ManC, do you not believe (I almost used the word 'feel' there, but I thought it might be lost on you) that our fans are a cut above these other fans of the latest billionaire's playthings on the block???

It's not about being a 'true' fan - it's not about bringing down governments....I'm losing interest now.

It is about Liverpool Football Club. And it seems apparent to me that you fail to see or understand, what this club stands for and the reasons why kids with no telly in south america, Asia or Africa will fight to see our matches somehow, and have done for decades.

They know our story. They know and respect what our fans and club have been through. It relates. You see to many of us we are "a noble collective", as you so eloquently put it.

We are not just another top football club. Our trophy cabinet, and frankly I can't believe I have to spell this out, but our history of supporting our club, under the most tragic of circumstances - seperates us from the crowd. This is a fact and is reflected by the point I attempted to make in my previous post. Our fans show class. I've told you the why, the how is by respecting others when they show ability that makes the hair on the backs of our necks stand up, RM being applauded at Anfield being a recent example.

But it's not just showing respect for quality where we see it, it's also showing respect to our players and management, particularly when they've been thrown under the media bus. Unlike Newcastle, unlike Chelsea, I could go on.

This is something that is recognised and respected thoughout the world. But for some reason not by you. YNWA means family to fellow boys and girls - men and women - in red.

For me, this is one of those times when we show our gratitude and appreciation for being a part of this family. By not booing when it's all a bit below what we hoped for, but by singing and shouting our dreams for the club in the hope that we will rise again, until we reach and surpase the heights of yesterday.

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #445 on: November 11, 2014, 11:45:21 pm »
That's pretty much it. If the opposition's wide players aren't moving infield to avoid the abuse they're getting, then someone isn't doing their job.
Yeah if I was sat on the front rows of the kop/annie road I'd be giving John Terry some very vocal stick, hoping he hears and just for a moment thinks "Who's that knobhead giving it the big one" and in that split second his concentration slips and boom it's 2-2 (well if we could deliver a set piece nowadays but that's a different debate ;D)

If 45,000 people are doing that, making it deafening, it would work enough.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #446 on: November 11, 2014, 11:48:20 pm »
Never will live with it. Ever.

I don`t do consumerism, I`ve paid my money, I should be entertained, bollocks. It`s a fucking shite attitude and your someone I don`t identify with. I`ve been going to Anfield since I was six (30 odd years now) and I`ve never heard it before. I know there`s stories of it happening a couple of times over the years but Saturday was the first for me.

Me, me old fella, brother, uncles, cousins, mates etc would never stoop to that shite. If it cost £1 or £100 to walk into that ground, as soon as I walk through the turnies, I`m not someone who`s there to be entertained, I`m there to see the red men, support the lads.

It a calling, a deep rooted attachment that goes far beyond the money that leaves my pocket to get in there. Boo the lads, show my disaproval at not being entertained, become like Newcastle?

Fuck that.

Teflon, thanks for verbalizing what so many of us are thinking.   Well out, mate.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Baraka

• bama. But a lot lot lot lot stupider. Has an IQ of 6½
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #447 on: November 11, 2014, 11:50:00 pm »
boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

am I doing it right?
South Park>>>>>All.

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #448 on: November 11, 2014, 11:53:54 pm »
Supporters not customers.

Stop acting like fucking customers then.

"BOOOOOOO YOU PACKED MY EGGS ON THE BOTTOM AND NOW THE FROZEN LEG OF LAMB HAS SMASHED MY EGGS BOOOOOO WHERES YOUR SUPERVISOR"

"I'm trying as best I can sir"

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOO I WANT A REFUND I WANT A COMPENSATION"

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #449 on: November 11, 2014, 11:59:38 pm »
I'll admit that I've shifted the basis of my argument a little, but I'm not arguing for a 'right' to boo.

It's been condemned n abused by thee very cohort who claim to be part of a collective.

They are NOT part of the collective...they are acting like self - appointed overlords of the moral center of that 'collective'.

Anyone who has different views n perspectives...gets flamed.

If we took the last few pages of your utterances as evidence, your whole stick is not to enlighten us with a broader perspective of inclusion.  And if truth be told, it is not really an exercise in linguistics or logic either.   When I read what you write three elements ring true:

1.  Attention seeking provocation
2.  Passive-aggressive tone (trying hard to appear as a neutral observer, but really inserting your perspective via the backdoor sarcasm)
3.  Attacking core beliefs of lifelong Liverpool supporters, families with smug rhetoric

I am not sure you have different views, and fairly certain you have not earned the credibility here on RAWK to express them they way you have.... rather it appears you are using RAWK as a venue to practice your arguing skills using the tools of provocation, and other irritating strategies to push an agenda. 

Because if you were really concerned with influencing so many here on this thread, you would have gotten to know us a little better first before these displays of douchebaggery...

BOO YOU!

« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 12:02:28 am by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

• Jiggerer Pokerer. He was watching, he was watching, he was watching it on Sky. He was watching it on Sky!
  • Kopite
« Reply #450 on: November 12, 2014, 12:00:35 am »
I like the irony of your tagline 'we return to our rightful place as football royalty'. Look at some of the current "football royalty" - in the prem it's Chelsea or ManC, do you not believe (I almost used the word 'feel' there, but I thought it might be lost on you) that our fans are a cut above these other fans of the latest billionaire's playthings on the block???

It's not about being a 'true' fan - it's not about bringing down governments....I'm losing interest now.

It is about Liverpool Football Club. And it seems apparent to me that you fail to see or understand, what this club stands for and the reasons why kids with no telly in south america, Asia or Africa will fight to see our matches somehow, and have done for decades.

They know our story. They know and respect what our fans and club have been through. It relates. You see to many of us we are "a noble collective", as you so eloquently put it.

We are not just another top football club. Our trophy cabinet, and frankly I can't believe I have to spell this out, but our history of supporting our club, under the most tragic of circumstances - seperates us from the crowd. This is a fact and is reflected by the point I attempted to make in my previous post. Our fans show class. I've told you the why, the how is by respecting others when they show ability that makes the hair on the backs of our necks stand up, RM being applauded at Anfield being a recent example.

But it's not just showing respect for quality where we see it, it's also showing respect to our players and management, particularly when they've been thrown under the media bus. Unlike Newcastle, unlike Chelsea, I could go on.

This is something that is recognised and respected thoughout the world. But for some reason not by you. YNWA means family to fellow boys and girls - men and women - in red.

For me, this is one of those times when we show our gratitude and appreciation for being a part of this family. By not booing when it's all a bit below what we hoped for, but by singing and shouting our dreams for the club in the hope that we will rise again, until we reach and surpase the heights of yesterday.

Feeling a romantic sense of identity (yes...I feel it too) doesn't make us special, unique or bonded as a collective.

Both the romantics and the plain vicious in this debate have implored in their various ways for others to understand their point of view.

While at the same time showing no understanding of others and denying that those whom they disagree with have any validity in their view.

And...for good measure...it's driven home with the hammer of abuse.

I'll go back to what I've said before, be understanding of it, get it in perspective and (for some contributors) stop behaving like fury n abuse is advancing the case of a noble collective.

Lesser Redneck Shitehawk

• Kopite
« Reply #451 on: November 12, 2014, 12:02:50 am »
If we took the last few pages of your utterances as evidence, your whole stick is not to enlighten us with a broader perspective of inclusion.  And if truth be told, it is not really an exercise in linguistics or logic either.   When I read what you write three elements ring true:

1.  Attention seeking provocation
2.  Passive-aggressive tone (trying hard to appear as a neutral observer, but really inserting your perspective via the backdoor sarcasm)
3.  Attacking core beliefs of lifelong Liverpool supporters, families with smug rhetoric

I am not sure you have different views, and fairly certain you have not earned the credibility here on RAWK to express them they way you have.... rather it appears you are using RAWK as a venue to practice your arguing skills using the tools of provocation, and other irritating strategies to push an agenda. 

Because if you were really concerned with influencing so many here on this thread, you would have gotten to know us a little better first before these displays of douchebaggery...

I couldn't have made my point any better.
Lesser Redneck Shitehawk

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #452 on: November 12, 2014, 12:12:01 am »
I simply cannot get my head around why someone would boo the team at a match. Let's be clear on a couple of things - I highly doubt anyone is happy with how we've performed this season. That's for certain given how results haven't married with pre season expectations so far. And we're all frustrated with the current state of affairs and are desperate to see some improvement.

But I just can't understand though how people think that booing the team is supposed to help the situation in any way? Just think what message it's sending to players - that you'll cheer them when they're winning but turn on them the instant things get tough? To use an old cliché, if you can't show your support for the team when things aren't going well you frankly don't deserve to enjoy the successes during the good times.

To the lad claiming that we should be 'understanding' of people who boo at the games - as I've said already, we're all unhappy but the match is not the place to for you to voice your personal displeasure - by all means rant all day to your mate in the pub or on the internet but in the ground it's incredibly selfish to think that your right to express your opinion trumps your responsibility to get behind the team as a match going supporter.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: November 12, 2014, 12:13:39 am »

Anyone who has different views n perspectives...gets flamed

Welcome to RAWK

Doesn't mean that there is anything remotely ok with booing

2 completely different arguments. Go make this argument on a diff thread - e.g. this one http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=317762.0

Arguing about being shouted down (which does happen) on a thread about booing (which should never happen) is just plain provocation

Offline Abraham

• Anny Roader
  • Justice.
« Reply #454 on: November 12, 2014, 12:14:37 am »
Feeling a romantic sense of identity (yes...I feel it too) doesn't make us special, unique or bonded as a collective.

Both the romantics and the plain vicious in this debate have implored in their various ways for others to understand their point of view.

While at the same time showing no understanding of others and denying that those whom they disagree with have any validity in their view.

And...for good measure...it's driven home with the hammer of abuse.

I'll go back to what I've said before, be understanding of it, get it in perspective and (for some contributors) stop behaving like fury n abuse is advancing the case of a noble collective.

Look the one thing I can agree with you on, it that there is no place for abuse here. But when you state that we are not 'special' or our fans are not 'unique or bonded as a collective' - I genuinely wonder why you support LFC.

Booooooooooooooooo to all the booo-ers in the ground!!!! Thats all I have to say on the matter, as I don't wish to derail this thread.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 12:17:32 am by Abraham »

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #455 on: November 12, 2014, 12:16:42 am »
I couldn't have made my point any better.

You only had one?  This is odd as you seem to have vomited all over the last three pages.  Oh... yeah right, it is due to the fury of the collective rage (supposedly against the dying of light of contrary opinions)...  You sound like the guy in Good Will Hunting spouting off nonsense.

Maybe you should follow your own advice, and move on as it seems you are confirming my points as well ----> attention seeking, provocation without much of an audience but with an arrogant self-satisfied tone...

Example #1

"Feeling a romantic sense of identity (yes...I feel it too) doesn't make us special, unique or bonded as a collective."

Example #2

"It's the self-sanctifying claptrap from some fans who's first n only reaction is to belittle anyone n everyone who doesn't think or behave like them. F*** it...Some people booed...live with it."

Example #3

"I don't want to get 'personal'...it serves no great purpose...but...  Think about what you've just said.  In effect...you...seemingly your whole family too are in some way a'better' fans because you'd never show your displeasure at not being entertained.  I fail to see how being so blind as to not be in any sense discerning marks you...or anyone...out as a more noble fan than someone who booed the play on any day at any club. The reality of life is that we're not all the same...you'd never boo...you give yourself a gold star in your book."

Example #4

"If you're so much more of a 'better' fan (and many more besides), why are you not a big enough man to accept that other legitimate fans deal with situations differently than you do? Oh...I know...cos calling out other fans is what you (and others) get off on...it's your way of splashing holy water on yourself."
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 12:30:19 am by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: November 12, 2014, 12:17:10 am »
Look the one thing I can agree with you on, it that there is no place for abuse here. But when you state that we are not 'special' or our fans are not 'unique or bonded as a collective' - I genuinely wonder why you support LFC.

Makes you wonder - sounds like a lonely Middlesbrough supporter wondering what to do now they're no longer in the top flight

• Kopite
« Reply #457 on: November 12, 2014, 12:24:42 am »
I simply cannot get my head around why someone would boo the team at a match. Let's be clear on a couple of things - I highly doubt anyone is happy with how we've performed this season. That's for certain given how results haven't married with pre season expectations so far. And we're all frustrated with the current state of affairs and are desperate to see some improvement.

But I just can't understand though how people think that booing the team is supposed to help the situation in any way? Just think what message it's sending to players - that you'll cheer them when they're winning but turn on them the instant things get tough? To use an old cliché, if you can't show your support for the team when things aren't going well you frankly don't deserve to enjoy the successes during the good times.

To the lad claiming that we should be 'understanding' of people who boo at the games - as I've said already, we're all unhappy but the match is not the place to for you to voice your personal displeasure - by all means rant all day to your mate in the pub or on the internet but in the ground it's incredibly selfish to think that your right to express your opinion trumps your responsibility to get behind the team as a match going supporter.

You're making the mistake of assuming that these people are 'thinking'.

I'm pretty sure that a lot of them are so used to instant reactions to things that they just let it out n don't stop themselves.

I bet a goodly proportion even thought better of it before the bus ride home had ended, but just in the same way you're saying it doesn't help the players to do it...it doesn't do any good to come on here n rant n call for them to be burned at the stake either.

It's nothing new...but i sense that there are those who are actually enjoying stoking themselves up with the a sense of outrage n indignation cos they're true n proper fans.

My feeling is that for some...If you can pour so much feeling n vitriol into something as transient as booing at the game...you're lost to calm reason.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 12:26:18 am by I-was-there »
Lesser Redneck Shitehawk

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: November 12, 2014, 12:32:58 am »
I'm a better fan than someone who boos at the ground ;D

• Kopite
« Reply #459 on: November 12, 2014, 12:34:08 am »
You only had one?  This is odd as you seem to have vomited all over the last three pages.  Oh... yeah right, it is due to the fury of the collective rage (supposedly against the dying of light of contrary opinions)...  You sound like the guy in Good Will Hunting spouting off nonsense.

Maybe you should follow your own advice, and move on as it seems you are confirming my points as well ----> attention seeking, provocation without much of an audience but with an arrogant self-satisfied tone...

Example #1

"Feeling a romantic sense of identity (yes...I feel it too) doesn't make us special, unique or bonded as a collective."

Example #2

"It's the self-sanctifying claptrap from some fans who's first n only reaction is to belittle anyone n everyone who doesn't think or behave like them. F*** it...Some people booed...live with it."

Example #3

"I don't want to get 'personal'...it serves no great purpose...but...  Think about what you've just said.  In effect...you...seemingly your whole family too are in some way a'better' fans because you'd never show your displeasure at not being entertained.  I fail to see how being so blind as to not be in any sense discerning marks you...or anyone...out as a more noble fan than someone who booed the play on any day at any club. The reality of life is that we're not all the same...you'd never boo...you give yourself a gold star in your book."

Example #4

"If you're so much more of a 'better' fan (and many more besides), why are you not a big enough man to accept that other legitimate fans deal with situations differently than you do? Oh...I know...cos calling out other fans is what you (and others) get off on...it's your way of splashing holy water on yourself."

You just haven't taken the time to get to know me.
Lesser Redneck Shitehawk

Offline BUSHMILLS

• PEBBLEHOUSE. Your auntie's agent provocateur.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never ask what's under his patio
« Reply #460 on: November 12, 2014, 01:14:38 am »
Booing is wrong 99.99% of the time. But in every single circumstance? I don't know.

I booed at the end of the 1-0 home defeat by Wolves in 2010. I also joined in the 'Hodgson For England' chant during the match.

I don't regret it either. The club was falling apart and we were being led to oblivion by a fucking idiot. I firmly believe that the reaction of the fans that night (plus the 4,000 empty seats) forced the owners to face up to the reality that he had to go.

I've been going to Anfield since 1970. Apart from that terrible, depressing December night I've never done anything but give the team and manager (including Souness) my wholehearted, vocal support.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: November 12, 2014, 01:41:10 am »
You just haven't taken the time to get to know me.

No, I have not.  But, there is an incomplete and relatively permanent representational version of you here in this thread. 

While I am open to changing my initial opinion, I would suggest dropping the:

1. Gotcha type of teachable moment --- not receptive
2. Find a different phrase than ---- just get over it and move on
3. Own your stuff
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #462 on: November 12, 2014, 01:52:52 am »

I'm pretty sure that a lot of them are so used to instant reactions to things that they just let it out n don't stop themselves.

I bet a goodly proportion even thought better of it before the bus ride home had ended, but just in the same way you're saying it doesn't help the players to do it...it doesn't do any good to come on here n rant n call for them to be burned at the stake either.

It's nothing new...but i sense that there are those who are actually enjoying stoking themselves up with the a sense of outrage n indignation cos they're true n proper fans.

My feeling is that for some...If you can pour so much feeling n vitriol into something as transient as booing at the game...you're lost to calm reason.

Edit you aint worth the ban

, so lets just go with would you have booed in Istanbul at half time?  You don't seem to understand this question
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 02:02:16 am by Mutton Geoff »
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #463 on: November 12, 2014, 01:59:51 am »
I-was-there

You ask for understanding of those who boo.

I've asked you whether you've boo'd before and what made you do it. So as to understand.

So give me/us examples of what situations are reasonable to boo. How can we understand if you don't enlighten us?
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #464 on: November 12, 2014, 05:10:12 am »

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #465 on: November 12, 2014, 06:58:52 am »
You dont boo. Its that fucking simple. Have an opinion by all means but booing is for idiots.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #466 on: November 12, 2014, 08:14:14 am »

See, that's exactly where the majority of people on here disagrees with you. We don't think booing ist just something transient at a game. We think booing your own players / your own manager has absolutely no place at Anfield, especially not after 11 games and doing it to a team / manager who nearly won us the title just last season.

You're basically arguing that people should feel free to boo the players at Anfield. And on top of that, everybody who disagrees with said boo birds, should not be allowed to shout at them because of their lack of support. If they do that, they are your so called "uber fans", people who according to you just think that they're better because they won't boo the team but support it.

So we have three points why people on here get mad at you:

1. You think booing your own players / manager is perfectly okay.
2. You call fans out for being "uber fans", when they tell you off for (defending) booing.
3. You call fans unreasonable, should they not agree with your opinion in point number 1.

Of course we disagree with you. And downplaying this "transient" incident doesn't make it disappear.
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #467 on: November 12, 2014, 08:47:41 am »

Come on.

Serious question?

See this video:

Excruciating

To me all fans are equal. Whether you have supported the club for decades from the Shankly or Paisley days or whether you have just started supporting the club. Whether you were born in  Adelaide  or Anfield to me to me no supporter is a greater than the next. Just because of where they were born or lived or how long they have been alive doesnt make a fan a stronger or weaker supporter. Frankly the attitude (and behaviour) I have seen at Anfield) of some fans to those who are considered to be "woolies" is disgusting.  It is parochial and small minded and embarrassing. We are a global club not a Stoke. Of course I am not saying that is why Sanchez didnt move to Liverpool, but sometimes the attitude of our fans is so damn parochial.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #468 on: November 12, 2014, 09:19:36 am »
Locked to spare some passionate fans from getting themselves banned reacting to some crass trolling.