Author Topic: Liverpool 0 - 1 Aston Villa post match winge  (Read 88105 times)

Offline Resilientz

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool 0 - 1 Aston Villa post match winge
« Reply #920 on: September 14, 2014, 06:42:56 am »
Probably not going to win the league, barely a few of even the most optimistic supporters expected that. But I'll be fucked if I concede top 4 to the teams we're up against for it. Arsenal are  unbeaten but can't score goals and have a killer fixture list upcoming, and Utd are just trash and will concede 4 to any good team, get real. Spurs/Everton are still lacking the quality to do it.

All I'm concerned about is the early performances of many of our buys. Some of them don't look to be fitting in at all, although I'm aware this was their first home outing together, but basic lack of quality isn't something you need bedding in time to fix. Villa always wreck us so still plenty of mulling over to be done in the next few games.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #921 on: September 14, 2014, 06:43:01 am »
who are the four better teams? chelsea yeah, city probably, arsenal maybe? who's the other?

All the ones making more points than us, no matter the quality of the squad.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #922 on: September 14, 2014, 06:49:07 am »
All the ones making more points than us, no matter the quality of the squad.

Only after 38 games though, not 4.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #923 on: September 14, 2014, 06:57:02 am »
The League is a marathon not a sprint!
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #924 on: September 14, 2014, 07:02:27 am »
What's all this hubub?

So we've has a bad start.....

We are level on points with Arsenal, one behind City and even when United win today we'll be a point ahead of them. And all while we had a bad start.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline shawnk

• redemptn
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #925 on: September 14, 2014, 07:03:33 am »
Get the ball, look up, realise there’s no options, pass sideways.

Get the ball, look up, realise you’re being pressed, pass backwards.

Get the ball, look up, play a long ball to no-one in particular.

Fuck me. Over £100m spent to build on an already high quality squad, and this is the best they can come up with?

Spurs come to mind this. Shouldn't have done it.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #926 on: September 14, 2014, 07:12:11 am »
Tell that to the 'win now!' brigade.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #927 on: September 14, 2014, 07:18:32 am »
We started off slow last season, and this season we are start/stop.  We had more points at the beginning last season, but we played different opposition.  I think we're yet to kick into gear, and I think the spurs game made us think we were shifting into overdrive.

Exactly Beninger.

And whilst I didn't get too over excited after the Spurs win, I ain't gonna get too downhearted about yesterday - as disappointing as it was.

Key is to learn from what went wrong and I genuinely think we will.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #928 on: September 14, 2014, 07:24:39 am »
Rodgers was forced to use too many new and out of form players, and we looked a bit like it was the first game of the preseason. It's gonna get better.

I'm a bit concerned that we have too many players looking for the final pass, but too few making the run to receive that same pass. Lallana and Markovic have to make more runs into the box, instead of always trying to be the passer. They can both do it, at least on Youtube, but that was missing yesterday.

Offline indlfc

• Moany whiner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool will always be my home.
« Reply #929 on: September 14, 2014, 07:25:55 am »

Fuck me. Over £100m spent to build on an already high quality squad, and this is the best they can come up with?
We are integrating lot of players. Just loot at how Spurs struggled last season. Our front three never played a competitive match together. It will take time to get it working.
There is only one family, it is the Liverpool family.

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #930 on: September 14, 2014, 07:26:14 am »

Spurs come to mind this. Shouldn't have done it.
your right, we didnt need to get some depth in the squad to battle on a few fronts and after losing Suarez, fucked if i know why Kelly and Robinson where sold.   ::)
JFT 96

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #931 on: September 14, 2014, 07:39:12 am »
Probably not going to win the league, barely a few of even the most optimistic supporters expected that. But I'll be fucked if I concede top 4 to the teams we're up against for it. Arsenal are  unbeaten but can't score goals and have a killer fixture list upcoming, and Utd are just trash and will concede 4 to any good team, get real. Spurs/Everton are still lacking the quality to do it.

All I'm concerned about is the early performances of many of our buys. Some of them don't look to be fitting in at all, although I'm aware this was their first home outing together, but basic lack of quality isn't something you need bedding in time to fix. Villa always wreck us so still plenty of mulling over to be done in the next few games.

Arsenal will be top 4 they always are. Chelsea and City will be top 4.

Realistically it's us or United for the other spot. United can't defend but neither could we last season. Like us they have the capability to outscore teams with their attacking options.

We need to get our act together. 3 out of 4 performances haven't been good enough and tactically we don't seem to know what we want to do, trying different things every game.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #932 on: September 14, 2014, 07:40:41 am »
What he's saying is quite reasonable and has nothing to do with your wet dreams. Many of us held similar views before we kicked a football this season.
Its about time we realise we aren't going to be as good as last season. Accept it, without Suarez we're not as good. We have a stronger squad though which is needed with champions league football. But top 4 is a tough ask
Those three are definitely better. Let's see how United play today before we can decide if we're better than them.

Oh my god. Honestly can we ban people who keep fucking moaning about Suarez leaving.

He was in the teams that we played last season (bar Southampton) and have already played this season and we were 2 points worse off. Villa battered us last season as well and Suarez was in the side and, guess what, he wasn't the sole reason we got back into that game. That was due to Henderson's assist, Sturridges goal and Gerrards fantastic pass, albeit fair play to Suarez he earned the penalty.

Oh and Arsenal are not better than us. They also laboured to a win on the first day and should have lost to Leicester City.

One game. One fucking game with a number of players who are new to the side. Johnson, Flanagan, Skrtel, Allen, Sterling, Sturridge all unavailable and you know who not there anymore. Thats a change of 5 or 6 players from our main side last season. That many changes don't exactly click straight away.

City lost 4 of their first 11 matches last season and 2 of their first 6. That was them getting used to Pelligrini's system. We have a new team getting used to Rodgers' system and it wouldn't have mattered if it was Sanchez, Reus or anyone like that out there.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 07:43:54 am by killer_heels »

Offline steveeastend

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #933 on: September 14, 2014, 07:43:37 am »
Only after 38 games though, not 4.

I am still not so sure if our squad is that strong. It's strong but whether we will be ready to challange for both, CL and league, I am not so sure of. It's the same at the beginning of every season, a lot of hpye for the new boys but at the end our experienced senior players still giving the basics for others to shine without getting credit for and becoming important again whenever they are not in the first eleven. Skrtel f.e. and to some extent Lucas..
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #934 on: September 14, 2014, 07:45:34 am »
I am still not so sure if our squad is that strong. It's strong but whether we will be ready to challange for both, CL and league, I am not so sure of. It's the same at the beginning of every season, a lot of hpye for the new boys but at the end our experienced senior players still giving the basics for others to shine without getting credit for and becoming important again whenever they are not in the first eleven. Skrtel f.e. and to some extent Lucas..

Markovic, Lallana, Balotelli, Moreno and Lovren are all good players. But they need time. Lallana struggled yesterday but its his first game for us and that wasn't an easy debut. We have enough to do well in both competitions.

Offline steveeastend

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #935 on: September 14, 2014, 07:45:44 am »

That's pretty typical for british, and to some extent european, players. You should have your head up all the time and know what to do with the ball BEFORE getting it.

Offline steveeastend

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #936 on: September 14, 2014, 07:47:23 am »
Markovic, Lallana, Balotelli, Moreno and Lovren are all good players. But they need time. Lallana struggled yesterday but its his first game for us and that wasn't an easy debut. We have enough to do well in both competitions.

Yeah, we'll see. I am still positive but again there is no black and white, they are not substantially BETTER compared to what we had around. They are on a similar level while still needing time and giving more depth for the number of games around.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #937 on: September 14, 2014, 07:51:01 am »
Yeah, we'll see. I am still positive but again there is no black and white, they are not substantially BETTER compared to what we had around. They are on a similar level while still needing time and giving more depth for the number of games around.

They would have to go some way to be better than what we had. How many strikers can we get that are better than Sturridge, same with wingers like Sterling. Our front 6 of Gerrard, Coutinhho, Henderson, Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling were as good as there is out there. We needed players of a similar level and I for one have no doubt that they are on a similar level, albeit not as good as Suarez (but who is?).

These things take time. You can't take 5 or 6 of the starters last season, throw in new signings and expect them to gel. Even Sanchez at Arsenal looked terrible until yesterday. We could have signed Reus and he would have struggled as well.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #938 on: September 14, 2014, 07:55:23 am »
My main concern this season was how Rodgers would manage the squad with an these additions. Last season he had a core group and the bench was weak, at times the team picked itself.

This season we have the dreaded: options. Choice can be paralysing. There's another learning curve for him here, and he's made two curious team selections out of four so far for me. He's needs to adjust to the new choices he has and make sure every team he puts out is balanced and works to our strengths. It might take time.   

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #939 on: September 14, 2014, 07:56:41 am »
Woke up about 15 minutes ago. First thought of the day is still devastation of the result yesterday. I don't even expect to challenge for the league now but top four looks very difficult, can't afford to not take some opposition seriously.

More than that though we never looked like scoring last night, I thought coutinho did well, he hit the post and blazed a few high and wide but he tried. I even thought manquillo did well, he put on some good balls. But the lads who's job it was to create last night,   and score goals, we're talking 75 Mill of new blood, never looked like they could.

So Ludogorets on Tuesday, a game we should win will paper over the cracks, then West ham.. Another team who will park the bus, missing Sturridge it will interesting, then Middlesbrough in the cup, so a second string but we should still win, then hopefully Sturridge is back for the Derby.

Right now it's not even about Suarez because if we still had Suarez and he was injured or suspended we had Sturridge, but now we have neither.

We have Borini who the manager doesn't want, can't even imagine how he feels confidence wise, we have Lambert who can't even get a game when Sturridge is out to partner Balotelli and we have balotelli who prefers a strike partner but didn't even get the opportunity to play with one last night. Then we've got Suso who can't get a game from the bench despite scoring a couple In pre season and showing he can be a goal threat from open play.

Yeah I'm not very optimistic.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 08:02:03 am by Upinsmoke »

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #940 on: September 14, 2014, 08:01:04 am »
Yeah I'm not very optimistic.

Why not? We have a good a squad as we have had for how long? We are back in the Champions League and are one of the best teams in the league, as well as being one of the youngest.

Offline indlfc

• Moany whiner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool will always be my home.
« Reply #941 on: September 14, 2014, 08:03:48 am »
We are a work in progress, we had 6 new players starting ffs. Give him time, we will be better. I think this season is going to be similar to BR's first season here, new players needs to adapt to our style. And it will take time for that. I am pretty sure we will look much better by December just like in his first season. If are in touching distance of top 4 by that time, i believe he will finish us in top 4 again.

This season is going to be tough. We all knew that. Lot of new players, the player who fired us into CL ditched us. And we are building from scratch again. Last season , even when we were trailing, players had that confidence that Suarez will do some magic and score a goal. We don't have that luxury now. Once we are adapted to that we will be fine. Its upto us, to give him full backing.Even if the results go wrong, we should remember the 'Roy' days.
Modify message
There is only one family, it is the Liverpool family.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #942 on: September 14, 2014, 08:05:32 am »
Why not? We have a good a squad as we have had for how long? We are back in the Champions League and are one of the best teams in the league, as well as being one of the youngest.

I just think Sturridge is more important than anyone, even if he doesn't score he's a threat similar to Suarez. Chelsea parking the bus last season was a but different than yesterday. I mean Mourinho is great at what he does or did, top players, drilled brilliantly.

Yesterday it was far too easy for villa, they sat deep and shadowed us, that was it basically. And we couldn't break it down,  they've just provided the blueprint for every dog shit team who comes up against us.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #943 on: September 14, 2014, 08:06:32 am »
We are a work in progress, we had 6 new players starting ffs. Give him time, we will be better. I think this season is going to be similar to BR's first season here, new players needs to adapt to our style. And it will take time for that. I am pretty sure we will look much better by December just like in his first season. If are in touching distance of top 4 by that time, i believe he will finish us in top 4 again.

This season is going to be tough. We all knew that. Lot of new players, the player who fired us into CL ditched us. And we are building from scratch again. Last season , even when we were trailing, players had that confidence that Suarez will do some magic and score a goal. We don't have that luxury now. Once we are adapted to that we will be fine. Its upto us, to give him full backing.Even if the results go wrong, we should remember the 'Roy' days.
Modify message

I don't think players thought that at all, some of them did that themselves.  Lets not forget that against Everton, when behind Sturridge got the equaliser. When behind against Villa, Henderson, Gerrard and Sturridge did the pieces of magic to bring us level. Against Newcastle, Sturridge and Gerrard (albeit Suarez with the assists) and against Fulham, magic from Sturridge, Suarez and Coutinho.

Suarez was an amazing player but so many made up facts are being brought out now its unreal. I very much doubt  Sturridge, Henderson and Sterling gave a fuck.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 08:11:09 am by killer_heels »

Offline xan21uk

• Main Stander
« Reply #944 on: September 14, 2014, 08:08:06 am »

But but but, we've already fallen over and Hodgson has cut our achilles tendon and in a month he'll probably try and break our kneecaps.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #945 on: September 14, 2014, 08:16:51 am »
I get the impression waking up in the morning must scare some of you shitless, arse have not won a game since the first one, City lost and draw last two games spurs same there is only the costa packet boys who are flying right now, but feel free to have your collective meltdowns, we come not to be brave and have faith in The manager and squad perhaps?
In the end we lost a game that on paper we should have won but we don't play Football on paper and so shit happens sometimes just move on or frankly move away!
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #946 on: September 14, 2014, 08:17:06 am »

Brendan looked really pissed

Well it's no surprise he couldn't give proper coaching to the side then - very unprofessional of Brendan that  dear me . . .  :o :o ;)
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline LiverpoolKopKings

• "He got to Number One. Then into minus figures. Though nobody could understand why!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • Here's to win it before my expiry date!!!!
« Reply #947 on: September 14, 2014, 08:40:00 am »
i reckon that due to injuries and internationals fatigue we had way too many new pegs all at once on the pitch. however in all the match I cannot remember if we had even 1 shot at goal. we were ordinary almost like 2-3 seasons ago. not too much harm done as others bar chelsea have done similar errors already. however we need to find the spark double time starting tuesday.
If you're happy and you know it, Klopp your hands
If you're happy and you know it, Klopp your hands

Offline Halcyon Lissome

• Scallion Homeys, Miscellany Shoo or Nicholas Mosely?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • “We murdered them 0-0.”
« Reply #948 on: September 14, 2014, 08:45:30 am »
Manquillo, Lovren, Moreno, Markovic, Lallana, Balotelli, Lambert = 7 new players we used in that match.
★              ★              ★              ★              ★
The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #949 on: September 14, 2014, 08:53:10 am »
I get the impression waking up in the morning must scare some of you shitless, arse have not won a game since the first one, City lost and draw last two games spurs same there is only the costa packet boys who are flying right now, but feel free to have your collective meltdowns, we come not to be brave and have faith in The manager and squad perhaps?
In the end we lost a game that on paper we should have won but we don't play Football on paper and so shit happens sometimes just move on or frankly move away!

I seriously do not get the negativity. Last season if we would have been without Flanagan, Skrtel, Johnson, Sterling, Suarez, Allen and Sturridge then what sort of team would we put out. Yesterday on paper it looked a good team and the only issue with them was a lack of familiarity. It took the best part of 2 seasons for Rodgers to get his team functioning how he wanted it to so expecting several players to slot in just like that is mindless.

Also I don't get this making up facts and stuff about Suarez and so forth. Its the kind of shite Man Utd fans come ut with, not us.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #950 on: September 14, 2014, 08:54:45 am »
Thought it looked like the last game Lucas played, for some reason, Henderson came too deep too many times and Gerrard went on a wander too many times, maybe told to do that but just seemed.....odd to me

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #951 on: September 14, 2014, 08:56:19 am »
Lose against West Ham then I will be worried. Putting this game down as a one off and hopefully that will give us a kick up the arse to go on a good run.

Worried about Balotelli if im honest. I hope im wrong but he just doesn't look very mobile or suitable to the way we play. Looks very slow in possession and has that 'berbatov casualness' about him. I hope its just the first couple of games and he's still finding his feet but really need him to step up over the next few weeks whilst Sturridge is out.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #952 on: September 14, 2014, 08:58:07 am »
We were very poor by our own standards yesterday.  It was just one of those days. 

The internationals screwed us with key injuries to players who were playing well; Sturridge, Allen and Can.  Sterling also probably did need a rest to.  For Allen and Can to be out at the same time was unlucky and Coutinho is off form at the moment.

As someone said previously the same team that crushed spurs would have done the same to villa.  We had a lot of new players playing yesterday and it showed.  Plus we look far more dangerous with 2 up front and playing with a diamond.

Villa are also difficult to play against away as they defend with 10 men and play on the counter, but we knew this so should of been more prepared I think.  Gifting them an early goal is the worst thing you can do against teams like that, but oh well.

We are still 2 points up on corresponding fixtures from last season so lets see if we can maintain that.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #953 on: September 14, 2014, 08:58:11 am »
Thought it looked like the last game Lucas played, for some reason, Henderson came too deep too many times and Gerrard went on a wander too many times, maybe told to do that but just seemed.....odd to me

They pretty much man marked Gerrard, so he had to move to create some space.

Offline Easy

• Sunday Mornin Tiger
  • Kopite
« Reply #954 on: September 14, 2014, 09:08:02 am »
I think we all appreciate the need for new players to "bed in" but what exactly does that mean? Even though working on the training ground to get an almost automated approach to certain positions i.e. if I receive the ball here then I should expect someone there to be available" etc etc surely things like Markovich not taking anyone on a 1:1 or the guys up front running into spaces to receive the ball aren't down to blending with the team or coaching. Isn't it automatic? Wouldn't players who are hungry for the ball be doing just that? Shouldn't that come naturally?

I'm just shocked by how the basics just seemed to fall away just because there's been an international break. Newbies or not, these guys do nothing else but play footy all day. The equivalent would be me coming back from a conference or something at work and then forgetting how to use MS Outlook when I get back to my desk.

Offline evie

• "Might have to think about it for a bit, k? No! That's not what I meant! Damn....." Prefers to hold it in.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hero
« Reply #955 on: September 14, 2014, 09:08:11 am »
I had a very very bad feeling before the game and what do you know....

What annoys me with footballers in general at times is how often they seem to need a kick up the arse. The attitude was shocking yesterday.

There is so much talent there, that's why it's so frustrating. We have enough talent to blow sides like Villa away.

That's all I'm gonna say.

Roll on Tuesday. We go again.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #956 on: September 14, 2014, 09:09:20 am »
I think we all appreciate the need for new players to "bed in" but what exactly does that mean? Even though working on the training ground to get an almost automated approach to certain positions i.e. if I receive the ball here then I should expect someone there to be available" etc etc surely things like Markovich not taking anyone on a 1:1 or the guys up front running into spaces to receive the ball aren't down to blending with the team or coaching. Isn't it automatic? Wouldn't players who are hungry for the ball be doing just that? Shouldn't that come naturally?

I'm just shocked by how the basics just seemed to fall away just because there's been an international break. Newbies or not, these guys do nothing else but play footy all day. The equivalent would be me coming back from a conference or something at work and then forgetting how to use MS Outlook when I get back to my desk.

This is top level sport, the minor things can make a big difference. Against a well drilled side if we are not comfortable in game situations we can struggle.

Offline Easy

• Sunday Mornin Tiger
  • Kopite
« Reply #957 on: September 14, 2014, 09:18:37 am »
This is top level sport, the minor things can make a big difference. Against a well drilled side if we are not comfortable in game situations we can struggle.

Ok, but there are also things in a player's own "sphere of influence" that they can affect. Sometimes when the team isn't gelling or working for whatever reason you want to see individuals doing what they can to affect the outcome, almost regardless of the training ground instructions. We know what Markovich is capable of but he showed nothing of that yesterday - even against a well drilled side there are opportunities to show what you can do and sometimes that gives the rest of the side a lift (I don't mean to focus just on him, there are others).

It felt yesterday as though we were waiting for a bit on "non-training-ground-magic" whilst everyone was sticking to a script which wasn't working.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #958 on: September 14, 2014, 09:19:18 am »
A disappointing result and a performance not worthy of the squad that we have on paper. Villa played a smash-and-grab game that worked; our team looked a little dispassionate and it felt like one of plenty of games that we've played before. Villa and Paul Lambert, didn't outfox us, and it wasn't some masterful stroke of tactical prowess that beat us. It was a gifted goal and a ten men behind-the-ball game that we and plenty of others have succumbed to in the past. We looked very average against an average team and the game itself was one of those games that you expect to see last on MOTD with very little to talk about. No real standout performances from individuals and all allegiances and emotions aside it is perhaps one of the most boring games yet.

Saying that though, we're all of what? Four games into a long season with a better points tally than last season (Within which we had some right stinkers ourselves), with a fairly new line-up and a bit of a Suarez hangover. Over our shoulder are a number of top four rivals, but we're hardly a handful of steps behind other top four rivals too. Whilst I think some posters seem to worry more about how we look to rival teams than how we actually look on the pitch; there are some very good points labored in this thread that have to be taken into account before proclaiming the end of the world. Before you get up, bloodied and bruised, stumble out of the gutter singing YNWA; aside of Costa, none of our other title four rivals have looked particularly top four worthy as of yet, but then again, I mean... Who am I kidding, it's only four games in isn't it? Shock Horror.

Read on with care.

On a scale of 1 to 10, set how angry/passionate you are at yesterday's result; then again (1 to 10), factor in how much of a fan you think you are and deduct that from the first number. Pick a team you loathe the most and add their points to your number. Share that by four (How many games into the season we are) and then fuck it, add four (For, I don't know... How many games into the season we are?). Then take the number of goals AND assists you think we'd have in these four games with Suarez in the side and factor this into your number. But then minus seven(ish) from this number, for the amount of new players we've brought in with Suarez dosh. Then fuck it, add four, one for each and every goal from MK Dons. Deduct how many times you cried last season, but then add how many times you've said "We go on!" (But I'm sorry, deduct how many times you've said 'We're gonna win the league!'). Then share this number by one (being the singular goal Villa score against us yesterday), then minus four for how many times Villa have beat us at home under Lamblurt. But then add how many times last season you feel you underestimated mid-table/lower-table teams coming to Anfield like I did yesterday with Villa. Finally, deduct a single point for how many times you have said (in this thread) 'Outfox(ed)', 'Plan B', 'But Suarez...', 'Glen Johnson!', 'Hodgson/England', 'Title' and 'Titus Bramble'.         

Now, if I may refer to the table below:

I know it may look daunting at first, but trust me, it's very simple when you think about it. Take your final number and apply it to the F-Axis of this table. Then, pull a number from 1-100 out of your arse and apply this to the S-Axis. (This being how much of a Liverpool Supporter you are).

Now the next part is where the magic happens. A higher yield in both columns means you are a 'Boss Red', well done, walk on from this game with your head held high. A moderate yield on both axis means you're what we call a 'Sound Red', you're doing well, but you could do better. Must support more! But still excellent. A lower yield in columns F and S, 'Alright Like' mean you are in desperate need of some further 'Redination', crack out those Suarez tapes and do your research! - However, if you find yourself drifting into the blue area, you should stop being what is known as a 'Closet Blue'; you should seriously think about applying yourself and you may wish to check yourself into your nearest 'Sky Sports' sponsored supporters centre for immediate attention/intervention.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 09:21:11 am by Kidder. »
Continually on 11,420.

Offline cox3100

• Would love to congratulate Siralex.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • justice for the 96
« Reply #959 on: September 14, 2014, 09:20:32 am »
Those three are definitely better. Let's see how United play today before we can decide if we're better than them.
how are those 3 better than us.

ok,we just lost at home to Aston Villa,bit City lost at home to Stoke 2 weeks ago,Arsenal havent looked impressive this season so far,Chelsea always start a season with a winning run(although with Costa they seem to have got a goalscorer now).

im not saying were better than those 3,but i wouldnt say we are worse either,we had a bad result coupled with a very very bad performance,it doesnt make us a bad side overnight,2 weeks ago at Spurs we looked like a top 2 side yet this week(on RAWK)we look like we are gonna struggle to get Europe all together.

some people need to take a step back from their computers and look at the bigger picture.