Author Topic: Liverpool 0 - 1 Aston Villa post match winge  (Read 88114 times)

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool 0 - 1 Aston Villa post match winge
« Reply #800 on: September 13, 2014, 11:11:28 pm »
Which one ?

He made three that I remember.

Was thinking of the one when he broke Sterling in half.

Offline GIPPO77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #801 on: September 13, 2014, 11:16:42 pm »
are you in for the ride or just for  the glory we lost  5 1 to them in 76/77 the rest is . you know. IF YOU CANT SUPPORT US WHEN WE LOSE **** OFF.

Well, I stated my opinion on today's performance, that's it... now your banging on about 76/77 and support when we lose..?

If your happy with today's performance then that's up to you, I wasn't.  Maybe we should all bow to you oh great uber fan...
YNWA

Offline C10TINHO

• Main Stander
  • 19th is on its way !!!!
« Reply #802 on: September 13, 2014, 11:17:05 pm »
Where has our pressing and fast starts gone. Last year games at anfield were over by half time and we just blew teams before they could settle. At the moment we start with such a slow tempo and the players just expect to turn up and win. Dont see anyone relentlessly pressing and winning the ball back high up the field. Unless we pick the pace up, i see a lot of these frustrating games this season. Btw cant help but think about sturridge. If only he played...looked excellent in the last game and we are a completely different beast with 2 up front.

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
« Reply #803 on: September 13, 2014, 11:18:52 pm »
We still would of lost.

We were poor today.
It does not matter IF we had lost. Senderos should have walked, and now he should get a suspension, as the inept referee did not see it, and that might mean that we'll not see his bald and ugly face for a while.
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #804 on: September 13, 2014, 11:20:32 pm »
Was thinking of the one when he broke Sterling in half.

Ahhh.

The one that his 'replacement' due to him already having been sent off wouldn't have made ?

Horrible worse than industrial player if ever there was one.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #805 on: September 13, 2014, 11:20:58 pm »
Was it up to Mason to see it ?  It was so off the ball surely it was up to one of his assistants ?

Offline SquirrelandGman

• 24 Hour Party People Plastic Face Carnt Smile (White Out)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Shagging a sheep somewhere.
« Reply #806 on: September 13, 2014, 11:21:18 pm »
Where has our pressing and fast starts gone. Last year games at anfield were over by half time and we just blew teams before they could settle. At the moment we start with such a slow tempo and the players just expect to turn up and win. Dont see anyone relentlessly pressing and winning the ball back high up the field. Unless we pick the pace up, i see a lot of these frustrating games this season. Btw cant help but think about sturridge. If only he played...looked excellent in the last game and we are a completely different beast with 2 up front.

suarez

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #807 on: September 13, 2014, 11:22:42 pm »
It does not matter IF we had lost. Senderos should have walked, and now he should get a suspension, as the inept referee did not see it, and that might mean that we'll not see his bald and ugly face for a while.

Swings and roundabouts.

We love a 'nasty' twat. We just don't like it when it goes against us.

The reason we lost today had nothing to do with Senderos/Hutton etc....
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline istvan kozma

• Legacy Fan
  • "We have dreams and songs to sing"
« Reply #808 on: September 13, 2014, 11:24:07 pm »
suarez
:lmao first home loss and it's already started

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #809 on: September 13, 2014, 11:25:27 pm »
Was it up to Mason to see it ?  It was so off the ball surely it was up to one of his assistants ?

It was mate yes, but ata the time the ball was doing 'pinball' in the centre circle.

No big deal really, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't reported, the FA will do their usual mumble/No danger/Irellevant speech though.

Online rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #810 on: September 13, 2014, 11:28:59 pm »

It was always going to.

If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #811 on: September 13, 2014, 11:30:31 pm »
Awful performance, awful result. That's football though, every team has them. Thankfully we've a fucking brilliant manager, we'll bounce back immediately.

He has not been brilliant in both home games this season, poor team selection in the first playing Lucas and Gerrard and now again fucking it up against Villa after admitting he got it wrong in last season's game. Villa were given a boost when the team sheet came out with Sterling on the bench and one up front. We found a winning formula last season, I know we have sold one STAR who inspired all around but the same method must be continued with quick, fast out the block , great movement flowing football.

Offline C10TINHO

• Main Stander
« Reply #812 on: September 13, 2014, 11:32:01 pm »
Well it was only the 3rd best player in the world that we lost.

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline The Playmaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #814 on: September 13, 2014, 11:34:50 pm »
I think we had a 'slow' start to last season too - in terms of performances. I also think that you have to give some credit to Aston Villa. They were compact and looked dangerous from set pieces. Of course, that is pretty much their usual game and they are good at counter-attacking and pressuring the opposition at times. Our build-up play did look slow. Some players also looked a little lethargic today with regards to movement and passing. It wasn't great. And yes, Sturridge is a loss - especially as we're trying to settle in new players.

The result was disappointing but the performance even more so. We didn't create enough chances or force Guzan to make many saves at all. We may have had a lot of the ball but it wasn't often that we put Villa under lots of pressure. We have to move on though because there is another game in the week to be played and we need to prepare for that and see a good response from the team.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 11:37:17 pm by The Playmaker »

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #815 on: September 13, 2014, 11:36:20 pm »

He wouldn't have played today anyway.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #816 on: September 13, 2014, 11:37:49 pm »

How would he have broken down the Villa defence though ?

Offline greytop11

• Main Stander
« Reply #817 on: September 13, 2014, 11:37:51 pm »
Is it only me that thinks we took this game too lightly and come unstuck??

Lets be honest about this, we should have won this game comfortably and the players seemed to think that they only had to turn up!

Lallanas early yellow didn't help either!

Balo kept his head after being kneed then kicked by Senderos but that also disheartened him i imagine when he seen nothing was being done about it.

We gotta be realistic and keep pushing for fourth place!

BUT... if we play like that on Tuesday we'll end up with egg on our faces!

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #818 on: September 13, 2014, 11:39:25 pm »
The bolded part is what we assume to be fact.

The second is our own judgement.

I believe your second statement to be truer than your first.
 :)

How do you mean?
Rodgers didn't want the players he bought, he just bought them because they were available or it wasn't solely his decision and he signed them even though he was against it?

I'm confused.

Lol
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline C10TINHO

• Main Stander
« Reply #819 on: September 13, 2014, 11:40:43 pm »
I think we had a 'slow' start to last season too - in terms of performances. I also think that you have to give some credit to Aston Villa. They were compact and looked dangerous from set pieces. Of course, that is pretty much their usual game and they are good at counter-attacking and pressuring the opposition at times. Our build-up play did look slow. Some players also looked a little lethargic today with regards to movement and passing. It wasn't great. And yes, Sturridge is a loss - especially as we're trying to settle in new players.

The result was disappointing but the performance even more so. We didn't create enough chances or force Guzan to make many saves at all. We may have had a lot of the ball but it wasn't often that we put Villa under lots of pressure. We have to move on though because there is another game in the week to be played and we need to prepare for that and see a good response from the team.
I know we started like this last year but a big reason why things suddenly improved was because a certain number 7 returned. Dont have that luxury this year unfortunately.

Offline C10TINHO

• Main Stander
« Reply #820 on: September 13, 2014, 11:46:09 pm »
How would he have broken down the Villa defence though ?
Dive maybe??  :)

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #821 on: September 13, 2014, 11:49:34 pm »

How do you mean?
Rodgers didn't want the players he bought, he just bought them because they were available or it wasn't solely his decision and he signed them even though he was against it?

I'm confused.

Lol

We assume he got the players he wanted/thought were within our reach.

I think we can work out those he prioritised, and those that became 'targets of opportunity/second/third' picks.

We know that how he set us up today was not the best use of available personnel.

Offline istvan kozma

• Legacy Fan
  • "We have dreams and songs to sing"
« Reply #822 on: September 13, 2014, 11:50:03 pm »
Maybe we should wait until the front 3 that started against Spurs play a few games.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #823 on: September 13, 2014, 11:50:36 pm »
Dive maybe??  :)

From the main stand ?

I don't think even Clattenburg would have given it.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #824 on: September 13, 2014, 11:52:08 pm »
1-2

Rodgers switched it because Villa swamped Gerrard last season (as shown on MOTD that's how they originally set out today), but there has to be a better plan than the 2 man midfield we know doesn't work.

Offline The Playmaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #825 on: September 13, 2014, 11:53:32 pm »
I know we started like this last year but a big reason why things suddenly improved was because a certain number 7 returned. Dont have that luxury this year unfortunately.
Of course - because we sold Luis Suarez. He wanted to go. He would not have played today anyway as he is currently suspended. Much in the same way that he didn't play the opening five Premier League games last season. For me, we have to adapt to life without Luis Suarez. Our style of play shouldn't change at all. We will see what the new signings can really bring to the team but it is way too early to judge their impact.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #826 on: September 13, 2014, 11:54:29 pm »
Is it only me that thinks we took this game too lightly and come unstuck??

Lets be honest about this, we should have won this game comfortably and the players seemed to think that they only had to turn up!

Lallanas early yellow didn't help either!

Balo kept his head after being kneed then kicked by Senderos but that also disheartened him i imagine when he seen nothing was being done about it.

We gotta be realistic and keep pushing for fourth place!

BUT... if we play like that on Tuesday we'll end up with egg on our faces!

Am I the only one that was annoyed he didn't react in any way ?

I'd rather he'd have turned round and gobbed the c*nt than the meek smile that followed.

Ideally we want a fuck you 25 yarder, or a Suarez double nutmeg resulting in twisted blood, but the lame grin left me feeling a bit disappointed.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #827 on: September 13, 2014, 11:56:39 pm »
1-2

Rodgers switched it because Villa swamped Gerrard last season (as shown on MOTD that's how they originally set out today), but there has to be a better plan than the 2 man midfield we know doesn't work.

And before they'd even kicked a ball, Lamberts tactics removed Henderson as well.

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #828 on: September 13, 2014, 11:58:04 pm »

We assume he got the players he wanted/thought were within our reach.

I think we can work out those he prioritised, and those that became 'targets of opportunity/second/third' picks.

We know that how he set us up today was not the best use of available personnel.

True enough I guess....but however it "went down" we spent decent money and brought in a fair few players.
We were 2-3 signjngs away from kicking on at the end of last season after our best PL season...and now we're among several teams battling for a CL spot.
I think we've padded out the squad nicely, but yes, perhaps some signings not what we needed or should have gone for, but too good to turn down.
We are in transition so I guess we need to be patient...it was always going to be a very tough season but we should be ok.

The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #829 on: September 13, 2014, 11:58:53 pm »
And before they'd even kicked a ball, Lamberts tactics removed Henderson as well.

So Gerrard is the issue?

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #830 on: September 13, 2014, 11:59:13 pm »
Am I the only one that was annoyed he didn't react in any way ?

I'd rather he'd have turned round and gobbed the c*nt than the meek smile that followed.

Ideally we want a fuck you 25 yarder, or a Suarez double nutmeg resulting in twisted blood, but the lame grin left me feeling a bit disappointed.

Probably too scared to rock the boat.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #831 on: September 13, 2014, 11:59:41 pm »
Coutinho was great at nicking the ball back last season. Was not at the races today in that department, perhaps jet-lag from international duties.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #832 on: September 14, 2014, 12:00:12 am »
Just got in.

We were utterly shite.

That is all.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Shaneee.

• Siannn's alter ego
  • Anny Roader
  • Y N W A
« Reply #833 on: September 14, 2014, 12:03:49 am »
System didnt work today. There was a Chelsea feeling to the game and we should have been miles better

You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #834 on: September 14, 2014, 12:05:37 am »
Rodgers took the blame for recent home reverses against Villa, I assume he will put his hands up for this one too. To play so mant Anfield debutantes was strange but to play Markavic was just wrong. The guy runs with the ball, an explosive player. Rodgers knew that Villa would defend and stifle space, just what Markavic didn't want to contend with on his home debut. Bring the guy on when the game became stretched,  but not expect him to run around defenders in tight spaces compounded by little movement around him.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #835 on: September 14, 2014, 12:08:55 am »
True enough I guess....but however it "went down" we spent decent money and brought in a fair few players.
We were 2-3 signjngs away from kicking on at the end of last season after our best PL season...and now we're among several teams battling for a CL spot.
I think we've padded out the squad nicely, but yes, perhaps some signings not what we needed or should have gone for, but too good to turn down.
We are in transition so I guess we need to be patient...it was always going to be a very tough season but we should be ok.

You've hit the nail on the head there, if we'd have kept Suarez.

Unfortunately he leaves a gaping hole, but as much with the loss of his infectious 'fuck you' attitude as his sublime prescence on the pitch.

I'll get hammered for saying it, but I say what I see, I honestly believe we should have gone all out to try and secure another 'Maverick' of sorts. Perhaps Mario is that player, perhaps there isn't another comparable player ?

But I'm more than happy to give Brendan what I see as the benefit of the doubt, especially when the only ones questioning his selections are knobheads like myself on forums like this.

Offline MazzaKopter

• Main Stander
« Reply #836 on: September 14, 2014, 12:09:34 am »
We were just far too slow today, it felt like a preseason match. There was none of the tempo from last season which made us the force we were. As soon as the ball got to Balotelli he would take the pace right out of it doing stupid tricks and running down a blind ally. I lost count of the number of passes from Coutinho that went sideways or backward. We need Coutinho to produce that magic although there was nothing up front for him to feed. You know things aren't going well when Sakho's playing the most forward passes

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #837 on: September 14, 2014, 12:09:46 am »
I would like to see Suso come on next time rather than Borini. Absolutely no use in brining Borini on unless we plan on just pumping the ball into the box time after time. If not bring on a technical player that will actually beat a player. Ultimately though they sat back for 90 minutes and we had a team with a lot of new personnel that are just getting used to each other. Really abject performance today though.

Borini. What can I say ?

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #838 on: September 14, 2014, 12:10:44 am »
So Gerrard is the issue?

Some of Gerrards passing was sublime

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker