Author Topic: Liverpool 0 - 1 Aston Villa post match winge  (Read 88116 times)

Offline sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Round the Fields of Anfield Road
Re: Liverpool 0 - 1 Aston Villa post match winge
« Reply #1280 on: September 15, 2014, 11:01:25 am »
Result like this was always gonna happen, wont define the season. We move on to the next one.
Round the Fields of Anfield Road

Offline StrivingForPremiership

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1281 on: September 15, 2014, 11:10:52 am »
Result like this was always gonna happen, wont define the season. We move on to the next one.

It's just frustrating when it could have easily been avoided though. Fair enough if we play well, create a lot of chances and look threatening but still lose. That's fine. But to lose the way we did, with the team we had, and the formation played is just frustrating. Can't blame Sturridge's injury on the loss. Blame predominantly lies with Rodgers on this result, then the players.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1282 on: September 15, 2014, 11:15:02 am »
... With Kolo?

The diamond uses 352 in attack, with Gerrard dropping in and fullbacks pushing on.

Went the game on Saturday, it was horrible like, no point slating the players though sometimes you have games like that and the system didn't help, hopefully that's the last time we play 4231 for some time. Thank fuck we have the Champions a league tomorrow

We still did that, though. Gerrard dropped in, or Henderson dropped in. At times Henderson (and even Gerrard) were making runs forward, certainly repeatedly getting ahead of Coutinho who was dropping into the centre circle to pick up the ball and 'make us tick' - the 'brains of the side'. He had a poor game, not for the first time recently, and needs to improve. As do several others.

We had plenty of the ball and didn't use it well. Too many players were wasteful in possession; a couple (Markovic and Balotelli) drifted through the game. We were disjointed and aimless. Very little of that was to do with shape, though. The shape got the front four, one of Henderson/Gerrard and both fullbacks into the opposition half almost constantly; even Lovren and Sakho could step into Villa's half pretty much at will. There was too little movement upfront, too little incision in the passing.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1283 on: September 15, 2014, 01:10:26 pm »
It's just frustrating when it could have easily been avoided though. Fair enough if we play well, create a lot of chances and look threatening but still lose. That's fine. But to lose the way we did, with the team we had, and the formation played is just frustrating. Can't blame Sturridge's injury on the loss. Blame predominantly lies with Rodgers on this result, then the players.

There is not much that could have been done. The diamond formation isn't something that everyone can play, it takes time and understanding.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #1284 on: September 15, 2014, 01:19:38 pm »
Emotions running high in here.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
« Reply #1285 on: September 15, 2014, 01:50:49 pm »
I'm still fuming over this result. Bloody football, I let it get to me too much haha. At least we've got a game tomorrow that will hopefully help me move on!

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #1286 on: September 15, 2014, 03:00:51 pm »
Time to sit Stevie down and see how the team performs when at full or close to full strength. Not blaming him for this result alone(not one bit), but it's time to see how much more or less dynamic we are w/out him.

They sent the memo that teams would park the bus against us more this year. Maybe the raven got lost. Awful game to watch and for me, Rodgers is more to blame than the players.

Offline GerrardRock2

• Good for upset tummies.....
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • I'm muted, not sure why? Allow in-match threads
« Reply #1287 on: September 15, 2014, 03:05:31 pm »
3-5-2 would work so fucking perfectly with our players it pisses me off we've not played it in months, battered teams when we did and we're not so exposed at the back.

We look useless when we've got 1 up top

My problem is that it seems whenever we run a solo striker we look like utter tripe. I was really upended with the officiating, it's ridiculous that PL officials can be this poor on a regular basis. I can't think of a single match official right now that I don't worry about completely bottling an important call. As I said before, not a fucking clue how Senderos (even made it to the half) and Hutton played 90 minutes. Of course, there will be no recourse despite clear video evidence, and Mason not addressing the problem during the match. Even worse, how the fourth official doesn't see it and get in Mason's ear, FFS!

Amendment: We played like shite, but we should have been playing against 10 for a majority of the match, and 9 for the last 25 minutes.  And for Christ's sake, can someone tell me how the fuck United are all of the sudden title contenders because they beat QPR 4-0. At this point, that is like beating your 10 y/o sister's school house team.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 03:29:17 pm by GerrardRock2 »

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1288 on: September 15, 2014, 04:42:16 pm »
Its mental what 1 result can do. I turned on TalkSport in the car there and they were banging on about how Man Utd will now take Liverpools place in the top 4
Did they forget that we didnt you know, just scrape into the champions league last season ?
Or did they forget that it was bloody QPR that Man Utd beat - a shambles of a team
Apparentely, we dont have an answer to their Falcao
A man who has played 20 mins in this league, and no one else wanted to pay the money for.

Offline ANFIELDGATES

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #1289 on: September 15, 2014, 04:54:45 pm »
Its mental what 1 result can do. I turned on TalkSport in the car there and they were banging on about how Man Utd will now take Liverpools place in the top 4
Did they forget that we didnt you know, just scrape into the champions league last season ?
Or did they forget that it was bloody QPR that Man Utd beat - a shambles of a team
A man who has played 20 mins in this league, and no one else wanted to pay the money for.
if the sycophantic english tabloid press incl sky havent pissed you off over the last 10yrs with their love in with all things utd then it shouldnt bother u now.im not quaking in me boots just yet with the players the mancs have brought in but i aint shouting at the rooftops either that their shite!!!we will see in may whos done the better business and played the better football.im only concerned with LFC and couldnt give a flying fuck how anyone else does.once we finish in top 4 and hopefully mount a challenge to city/arse/Chelsea then i will be a happy camper.however many more games like sat and i think we will be creating a rod for our own backs.we should have won it and its a shocking 3pts to give away espec at home,we shouldnt be so ineffective at anfield.anyways,onto tmrw nites champs league.

Offline TheUSSR

• Anny Roader
  • Trotyovskyi, CCCP GangWarfare, TSAR
« Reply #1290 on: September 15, 2014, 04:56:48 pm »

Gray, Keys, Durham.... Can you not see what type of people TalkSport employ?
Lazar Marković, Čačak, Federal Republic of Yugoslavia

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1291 on: September 15, 2014, 05:08:25 pm »

There was a twenty minute w@nkfest on SSN this morning too, with detailed analysis of social media, and coverage of them now being third favourites for the league, ahead of us and Arsenal.

They beat relegation fodder at home, after spunking the largest amount of cash in history, and they are installed as "back" in full swagger. We thrash Spurs at WHL, and are suddenly about to lose our CL spot????

Jesus, these SSN folks must think we are thick. The bottom line is, them getting all moist about United means higher viewing figures from the Untied "faithful" around the world.

I've no doubt they will improve, but they've played bottom six shite so far, and one won game.

Sky is an embarrassment.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 05:10:36 pm by mkingdon »

Offline Gegenpresser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1292 on: September 15, 2014, 05:17:48 pm »
The diamond uses 352 in attack, with Gerrard dropping in and fullbacks pushing on.

The benefit of a 3-5-2 is that it would give us that extra bit of security behind Gerrard, letting him focus on distributing the ball and not being quite as dependent on him shielding the defence, especially when the fullbacks get forward. It also would have given Henderson more license to support the attack.

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1293 on: September 15, 2014, 05:49:35 pm »
I've tried to bite me tongue but fuck it there's some in here are a joke.The whole carry on makes me cringe, how fuckin' fickle some of you are is fuckin' pathetic. People blamin' Rogers and tellin' us how he got it wrong! Oh and some players are not good enough after two games, fuckin' hell!
Villa came and put their fuckin' team behind the ball for nearly all the game, do some of you not realise how difficult that is to break down? We had a poor start and made a mistake but the team tried everything to pull it back, every man for me did all he could without us getting a little bit of luck that was needed. Didn't West ham do the same to Chelsea? Celtic put everyone back on their own patch and mugged Barcelona, it fuckin' happens so accept it, do you think Villa will be the only side to use this tactic at Anfield this season? Loads of teams will try the same tactics because they're scared shitless of what will happen if they open up against us. Instead of wingin' that you can't walk around swingin' your dick because we lost, fuckin' grow up, back Brendan and the lads and show what support for this great club really means.
When in Rome...

Offline PeteRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #1294 on: September 15, 2014, 06:38:59 pm »
Visiting team bus parking this way ---------->

It's effective, expect it all year at Anfield because we haven't proven we can deal with it.

Exactly. ^^^^^^^^^^

Offline PeteRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #1295 on: September 15, 2014, 06:45:26 pm »

Any Utd fan would say that this years team is infinitely better than the one Moyes had. How many Liverpool supporters genuinely believe this team is better than last years with Suarez.

Offline Redpross1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1296 on: September 15, 2014, 06:47:26 pm »
We need Brendan to acknowledge he's not doing so well on coaching the defence and get someone in that can.

I say we get Steve Clarke back..... he can work on the defence and Brendan the attack.

Offline Jools

• Didn't believe at half time against Dortmund
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1297 on: September 15, 2014, 07:01:41 pm »
Need to find a rapid solution to this problem.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1298 on: September 15, 2014, 07:15:17 pm »
Our defence wasn't bad. It wasn't tested. Once actually...

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1299 on: September 15, 2014, 07:48:12 pm »
important not to over react to that one I think. It was one of those days where it just all goes wrong, we will play much much better than that once we're in full flow. I thought the Spurs game was the start of that but it's still very early days for a lot of our new players. Our first four games have all been against bogey teams (alright we smashed spurs twice last season but before then they had us for years) and with a slightly kinder run of fixtures coming up i'm confident this Villa game will just be that little annoying "what if" kind of fixture rather than a defining one.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1300 on: September 15, 2014, 07:59:05 pm »
We need Brendan to acknowledge he's not doing so well on coaching the defence and get someone in that can.

I say we get Steve Clarke back..... he can work on the defence and Brendan the attack.
We have conceded one goal in our last two games and none from open play, I'd be more concerned about our failure to create any goal scoring opportunities against Villa than the defense.

And Steve Clarke is overrated.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #1301 on: September 15, 2014, 08:57:40 pm »
I've tried to bite me tongue but fuck it there's some in here are a joke.The whole carry on makes me cringe, how fuckin' fickle some of you are is fuckin' pathetic. People blamin' Rogers and tellin' us how he got it wrong! Oh and some players are not good enough after two games, fuckin' hell!
Villa came and put their fuckin' team behind the ball for nearly all the game, do some of you not realise how difficult that is to break down? We had a poor start and made a mistake but the team tried everything to pull it back, every man for me did all he could without us getting a little bit of luck that was needed. Didn't West ham do the same to Chelsea? Celtic put everyone back on their own patch and mugged Barcelona, it fuckin' happens so accept it, do you think Villa will be the only side to use this tactic at Anfield this season? Loads of teams will try the same tactics because they're scared shitless of what will happen if they open up against us. Instead of wingin' that you can't walk around swingin' your dick because we lost, fuckin' grow up, back Brendan and the lads and show what support for this great club really means.

Now that's something that WAS missing on the day from those in red - a bit of passion.

But regardless of that, I'm sticking with the 7 new faces hypothesis. It's unprecedented, certainly in my time. You can't expect a performance in such circumstances against a decent quality Premiership team so determined, so fired up, so organised and so resolute as Villa were on the day. No way. Don't care who it is. You need your best side out there and for a variety of different reasons we couldn't field one remotely close to our best.

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #1302 on: September 16, 2014, 02:07:09 am »
I submit that we did not look or play "shite" nor were we "awful", "poor", "horrible" and the rest of the over-the-top B.S. that too many have been saying in this thread.

Ludi Circenses!

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1303 on: September 16, 2014, 02:39:36 am »
Not all teams are going to have the quality to park the bus effectively against us.  That type of playing is going to take more than a week of prep for them as well.  Their best hope is to play their game and hope it works out for them.  Same for us really...we need to do what we do and let what happens, happens.  I think a win in the CL will change the mood around here...

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #1304 on: September 16, 2014, 02:44:03 am »
I think a win in the CL will change the mood around here...

Expect a reply along the lines of "But will it give us the 3 points we lost from Aston Villa?"
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1305 on: September 16, 2014, 02:47:20 am »
Expect a reply along the lines of "But will it give us the 3 points we lost from Aston Villa?"
I would expect nothing less  ;)

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #1306 on: September 16, 2014, 06:24:32 am »
I submit that we did not look or play "shite" nor were we "awful", "poor", "horrible" and the rest of the over-the-top B.S. that too many have been saying in this thread.

Oh come on Stav. They're merely examples of fans frustrations spilling out. That sort of over simplified glib summation has happened since football began and will until the day it disappears. Clearly by definition they're OTT but I don't understand how anybody can expect anything other than that on a fan forum given the huge expectation and ensuing huge disappointment many have clearly felt.

The 'shite' analogies are merely an exaggerated blunt way of saying the performance lacked the real quality everyone has come to expect from us these days - the energy, bite, zip, penetration, guile, pace, movement, teamwork and the ensuing chance creation/goals that have stemmed from that level of play and with which we've become so attached to.

To deny that those qualities were absent in that performance is just burying your head in the sand.

Of course it doesn't mean it's the end of the world by any stretch but it was the case on the day and understanding why it happened is crucial for Rodgers and important for us.

:)

And Rodgers will most definitely never again in such circumstances field a team with SEVEN new faces.

;D

Offline Ken-Obi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1307 on: September 16, 2014, 06:41:40 am »
We have a new game coming in less than 13 hours - move on already.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline StrivingForPremiership

• Main Stander
« Reply #1308 on: September 16, 2014, 07:26:46 am »
Time to sit Stevie down and see how the team performs when at full or close to full strength. Not blaming him for this result alone(not one bit), but it's time to see how much more or less dynamic we are w/out him.

They sent the memo that teams would park the bus against us more this year. Maybe the raven got lost. Awful game to watch and for me, Rodgers is more to blame than the players.

This. But it begs the question when is the right time? Too harsh to drop him for his first CL game in a number of years. Hard to drop him in the EPL because if we lost a game without him people would be all over Rodgers. It's a difficult scenario. It should probably start with substituting him in games more often (around 60-70 minutes) and bring on the likes of Lallana or Can or Allen and see how our midfield operates.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1309 on: September 16, 2014, 07:32:57 am »

Will insipid do you?

It was a bad performance. I'm not taking anything long term from it, however.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #1310 on: September 16, 2014, 08:33:31 am »
We have a new game coming in less than 13 hours - move on already.

Move on!!!!

Move on you say.

I'm still trying to get a re-mortgage to pay the FIFTY NINE fuckin QUID for tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you say move on!!!

Fuck me.

;D

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #1311 on: September 16, 2014, 08:33:58 am »

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #1312 on: September 16, 2014, 09:23:48 am »
I'm still trying to get a re-mortgage to pay the FIFTY NINE fuckin QUID for tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ouch!....my £46 suddenly seems like a bit of a bargain.....60 notes for the group stage is fuckin outrageous - particularly when you consider the dough they rake in just from actually being in the thing - as well as the TV money that comes from it.....cup competitions should be used to entice local youth to the game - get them involved with the club - not an opportunity to bend the fans over and ream them.....greedy c*nts
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1313 on: September 16, 2014, 09:48:38 am »
Move on!!!!

Move on you say.

And you say move on!!!

Fuck me.

;D
It's just money mate, you'll move on ;)

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #1314 on: September 16, 2014, 10:05:45 am »

Ouch!....my £46 suddenly seems like a bit of a bargain.....60 notes for the group stage is fuckin outrageous - particularly when you consider the dough they rake in just from actually being in the thing - as well as the TV money that comes from it.....cup competitions should be used to entice local youth to the game - get them involved with the club - not an opportunity to bend the fans over and ream them.....greedy c*nts

I only found out at the match on Satdee. I near fuckin collapsed. I'd ticked the box but was assuming around £35 - £40 for the qualifiers. I thought it was a wind up but the 'we've been had' looks on so many faces soon told me that it really was FIFTY NINE FUCKIN QUID.

:(