Author Topic: Liverpool 0 - 1 Aston Villa post match winge  (Read 88094 times)

Online DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
Re: Liverpool 0 - 1 Aston Villa post match winge
« Reply #960 on: September 14, 2014, 09:21:43 am »
The Suarez thing is getting a bit ridiculous now. People (media, mainly media) seem to forget he was with the club for 3 1/2 seasons. Liverpool finished 6th, 8th and 7th with Suarez in the side. What elevated the team was not some god like zen bullshit from Suarez,it was the introduction of Sturridge and Coutinhio beside him that elevated the team as a whole, i.e. better players.

At this point I am more worried about the form of Coutinhio than I am about the absence of Suarez.

Liverpool also played shit last year against these same teams with Suarez in the side... barring the Saints I think. They had shit games with Suarez at his best too you know. Liverpool are actually better off points wise than last year against the same teams you know. A not altogether fair comparison, but fucking hell, a brand new season, 6 (count them, 6) new players in the side, missing 6 players through injury (Allen, Can, Sturridge, Johnson, Skrtel, Flanagan), after an international week, before a CL week (Sterling was rested for that and rightly so, he's 19)

Perspective, context, circumstances, these are all important too you know.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #961 on: September 14, 2014, 09:23:05 am »
how are those 3 better than us.

ok,we just lost at home to Aston Villa,bit City lost at home to Stoke 2 weeks ago,Arsenal havent looked impressive this season so far,Chelsea always start a season with a winning run(although with Costa they seem to have got a goalscorer now).

im not saying were better than those 3,but i wouldnt say we are worse either,we had a bad result coupled with a very very bad performance,it doesnt make us a bad side overnight,2 weeks ago at Spurs we looked like a top 2 side yet this week(on RAWK)we look like we are gonna struggle to get Europe all together.

some people need to take a step back from their computers and look at the bigger picture.

They won't. Apparently losing to Stoke and drawing at Leicester is forgotten and those teams are still better than us. Also, like Spider-man, Suarez was a symbol of hope and a shining beacon for us to draw love, compassion and inspiration from and thats why in the games where we fell behind last season, it wasn't Suarez who was key to get us back into the game but other players, because they had hope in their heart that Suarez was there.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #962 on: September 14, 2014, 09:23:10 am »
The Suarez thing is getting a bit ridiculous now. People (media, mainly media) seem to forget he was with the club for 3 1/2 seasons. Liverpool finished 6th, 8th and 7th with Suarez in the side. What elevated the team was not some god like zen bullshit from Suarez,it was the introduction of Sturridge and Coutinhio beside him that elevated the team as a whole, i.e. better players.

At this point I am more worried about the form of Coutinhio than I am about the absence of Suarez.

Liverpool also played shit last year against these same teams with Suarez in the side... barring the Saints I think. They had shit games with Suarez at his best too you know. Liverpool are actually better off points wise than last year against the same teams you know. A not altogether fair comparison, but fucking hell, a brand new season, 6 (count them, 6) new players in the side, missing 6 players through injury (Allen, Can, Sturridge, Johnson, Skrtel, Flanagan), after an international week, before a CL week (Sterling was rested for that and rightly so, he's 19)

Good post mate.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #963 on: September 14, 2014, 09:26:59 am »

Last season, apart from the losses, we fell behind to Everton, Newcastle, Fulham, Cardiff and Villa. Which one of those games did Suarez get us level in? Sturridge at Everton, Sturridge and Gerrard at Newcastle, Sturridge and Coutinho at Fulham, Suarez at Cardiff and Gerrard and Sturridge against Villa. So one game. Suarez assisted at Newcastle twice (one penalty) and earned the penalty against Villa but those assists were as well by Gerrard a few times as well.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #964 on: September 14, 2014, 09:27:18 am »
Having slept on it I'm still pissed off we lost. I can take losing away to a decent side like City but, it's hard to take when you lose at home to a shite side like Villa.  >:(

And for those who said Villa played well. I don't think they did really. They were well organized at the back that's it. And that's all they had to be due to the toothless display of our attack.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #965 on: September 14, 2014, 09:29:53 am »
One bad game and the house crumbles for some
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline Wernerred

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #966 on: September 14, 2014, 09:30:48 am »
Six new players in starting lineup. Very amateurish mistake from Rodgers. AVB-esque. Don´t play footie manager Brendan. Shockingly disjointed performance but so predictable given the lineup. Lallana and Markovič were, well, utter garbage. On paper they´re better players than the likes of Lucas but football doesnt work like that. Kroos and Modrič at the base. That will end up in tears as well. Fucken predictable.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #967 on: September 14, 2014, 09:32:09 am »

It's not crumbled for me mate. Still plenty of games to play. I just hate getting beat off poor sides like Villa.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #968 on: September 14, 2014, 09:33:06 am »
Imagine many of use who last seen the trophy in 1990...
Don´t play footie manager Brendan.
I think that's his job description mate.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #969 on: September 14, 2014, 09:37:00 am »
Six new players in starting lineup. Very amateurish mistake from Rodgers. AVB-esque. Don´t play footie manager Brendan. Shockingly disjointed performance but so predictable given the lineup. Lallana and Markovič were, well, utter garbage. On paper they´re better players than the likes of Lucas but football doesnt work like that. Kroos and Modrič at the base. That will end up in tears as well. Fucken predictable.

I think the defeat was more down to the formation more than anything else. I think if Allen had of been fit we would've played the diamond, but because he wasn't, he didn't trust the players he had available to play it.

Offline cox3100

• Would love to congratulate Siralex.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • justice for the 96
« Reply #970 on: September 14, 2014, 09:38:13 am »
to be fair to Rodgers,he sees his players in training day in day out,so he must have thought they could play together(which in fairness they should have),shouldnt matter that it was 6 new players or not,they have trained together for a Month or 2 so should have an idea how each other plays,it was a bad day at the office that is all,its not the end of the world we still have 34 games to make amends,we will still finish in the top 4.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #971 on: September 14, 2014, 09:42:50 am »
It's not crumbled for me mate. Still plenty of games to play. I just hate getting beat off poor sides like Villa.

Its frustrating. No doubt about that. But the league is a long war of attrition against 19 other teams

There will probably be games where we'll play shockingly bad and still nick 3 points

There will be games where we'll play well and not get the points we deserve

And there will probably be another result like yesterday, where we just wont click on the day and deserve to get beat

It won't just happen to us either. Those scenarios have happened to City, Spurs and Everton already this season. It will happen to the others too

When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #972 on: September 14, 2014, 09:43:58 am »
Perspective that's all I'm saying. We were terrible yesterday but We'll have setbacks I was pissed off as anyone yesterday but some of the posts are all doom and gloom and we'll be lucky to get 4th, So after Spurs we'll win the league and we'll be lucky to finish in the top 6 after villa. I expected a difficult game yesterday and we didn't have the guile to break them down but City aren't shit because they got beat last week and neither are we.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #973 on: September 14, 2014, 09:46:48 am »
Too many new players all playing quite similar. Lallana, Markovic, Coutinho all playing in one line, and then Ballotelli dropped deep too. Of our creative midfielders, Sterling makes the best runs, but he wasn't on the pitch. Without him, we should've really started Lambert to hold the ball up.

We had similar troubles last season when we went a goal down and had to move a bus. We all thought that's where Lambert can help, another reason he should've started.

And why did we wait until the 60 minute to make changes? Give the boys a bit of time to settle, yeah, but what about a change at half time?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 09:48:39 am by redbyrdz »
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #974 on: September 14, 2014, 09:47:17 am »
Calm down people

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #975 on: September 14, 2014, 09:47:26 am »
Its frustrating. No doubt about that. But the league is a long war of attrition against 19 other teams

There will probably be games where we'll play shockingly bad and still nick 3 points

There will be games where we'll play well and not get the points we deserve

And there will probably be another result like yesterday, where we just wont click on the day and deserve to get beat

It won't just happen to us either. Those scenarios have happened to City, Spurs and Everton already this season. It will happen to the others too

Perspective that's all I'm saying. We were terrible yesterday but We'll have setbacks I was pissed off as anyone yesterday but some of the posts are all doom and gloom and we'll be lucky to get 4th, So after Spurs we'll win the league and we'll be lucky to finish in the top 6 after villa. I expected a difficult game yesterday and we didn't have the guile to break them down but City aren't shit because they got beat last week and neither are we.

I agree with both of you.  Thankfully we've got another game on Tuesday that will hopefully help shake the frustration I had yesterday and today.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #976 on: September 14, 2014, 09:50:23 am »
Not a huge problem :) a few players looked nervous on their home debuts, new players haven't quite clicked yet, it'll come and it won't be too late when it does imho

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #977 on: September 14, 2014, 09:53:04 am »
Villa just happen to have a gameplan that negates our style, and they are good at what they do.

If every team in the league did what they did last night we'd win a lot more than we won't.

13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #978 on: September 14, 2014, 09:53:27 am »
One of the biggest problems with yesterday's performance was we never got any of those lung-bursting runs from Hendo beyond the forward line, because he was sitting much deeper with Stevie in a midfield two.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #979 on: September 14, 2014, 09:56:33 am »
One of the biggest problems with yesterday's performance was we never got any of those lung-bursting runs from Hendo beyond the forward line, because he was sitting much deeper with Stevie in a midfield two.

He had no choice. Gerrard was man marked all game so he had to vacate his position to relieve the threat and give Henderson and Coutinho space to operate.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #980 on: September 14, 2014, 09:58:22 am »
He had no choice. Gerrard was man marked all game so he had to vacate his position to relieve the threat and give Henderson and Coutinho space to operate.

The biggest issue for me was that Henderson is not a link man, and as a result Coutinho was dropping deeper and deeper to get the ball.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #981 on: September 14, 2014, 09:58:43 am »

I'm not blaming him KH. I'm just saying that was one of the reason we struggled going forward.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #982 on: September 14, 2014, 10:00:12 am »
I'm not blaming him KH. I'm just saying that was one of the reason we struggled going forward.

He was third choice tbf.

I think Allen, or Can would have played in that position if fit.

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #983 on: September 14, 2014, 10:02:26 am »
The biggest issue for me was that Henderson is not a link man, and as a result Coutinho was dropping deeper and deeper to get the ball.

I thought that was a positive  :D We actually got Coutinho on the football unlike the game at Southampton where he was non-existant.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #984 on: September 14, 2014, 10:03:41 am »
I thought that was a positive  :D We actually got Coutinho on the football unlike the game at Southampton where he was non-existant.

Oh I agree, but dropping into your own half as a number 10 to collect the ball is an issue we shouldn't be having.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #985 on: September 14, 2014, 10:03:43 am »

I think Allen, or Can would have played in that position if fit.

I think we would've played the diamond if either of those were fit mate.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #986 on: September 14, 2014, 10:08:50 am »
I think we would've played the diamond if either of those were fit mate.

You're probably right, because Henderson was sorely mssed last night.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #987 on: September 14, 2014, 10:12:10 am »
You're probably right, because Henderson was sorely mssed last night.

Yeah, he was sorely missed going forward. He seems to thrive playing in that diamond formation. It's a shame Allen and Can weren't able to play. I think it's quite telling Lucas didn't even get any minutes on the pitch either.

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #988 on: September 14, 2014, 10:12:12 am »
Yes, it will take time for players to settle. But we need some of them to perform right away. We've signed players for more than 100M and they can't all be passengers for a few months. They've been signed to perform. It's not too much to ask that one of the attacking players can fill in for Sterling. I know this may sound harsh, but I'm not saying they all have to perform at once, just that some need to.
The squad we have may not be as good as the ones Chelsea and City have. But it's good enough to give them a fight.

On the title talk. What last season taught us, was that we can be in the race for the title. It's possible. It's very difficult to win it, but it's possible. And if it was possible then, it's possible now. We've lost Suarez, but the squad is better. We should build on last season, not shy away from it. A title challenge requires 25+ wins. Wins that are easiest to get against the bottom half sides. If we look back, it wasn't the loss to Chelsea that cost us the title last season. Those games can go either way. It was the draw with Crystal Palace, the draw with Villa and the loss to Hull that cost us. We should have beaten them. Just like we should have beaten Villa today.

Sure, some need to. Start 6 new players together and you'll have disjointed passes and find a ten man bus quite hard to break down without that understanding.

Massive difference between last season and this. Game tuesday, game saturday, lets see how we cope.

What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline Gonebay

• Horny for Dudek
  • Kopite
« Reply #989 on: September 14, 2014, 10:13:58 am »
Not a huge problem :) a few players looked nervous on their home debuts, new players haven't quite clicked yet, it'll come and it won't be too late when it does imho

Agree. Having slept on it, I am going to dismiss it as one off like Saints last year.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #990 on: September 14, 2014, 10:14:59 am »
Having slept on it I'm still pissed off we lost. I can take losing away to a decent side like City but, it's hard to take when you lose at home to a shite side like Villa.  >:(

And for those who said Villa played well. I don't think they did really. They were well organized at the back that's it. And that's all they had to be due to the toothless display of our attack.

Thats how I feel too. I think Villa were very poor, the early goal allowed them to execute their strategy. Mason allowed them to do a bit of kicking and we were pretty toothless. The three up to just didn't work, we were too slow moving the ball, but its really difficult when theres 11 behind the ball. You need something special to get through. I don't know the answer, but its something Brendan needs to work on because a lot of team will come to Anfield and sit deep.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #991 on: September 14, 2014, 10:15:52 am »
Thing people are looking into things too much to be honest,  we had too many new players starting, and not enough pace up front compared to what we are normally used to. I think that was the overall reason. Why we was so bad. It's also a bit clear lallana isn't a central midfielder like people think he is, so we was essentially playing a two man midfield in Gerrard and henderson, and we all know Gerrard doesn't have the legs
 For that any more, at times it was like we was playing with just henderson because Gerrard has been instructed to play as basically a 3rd center back, and lallana is an attacking player
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #992 on: September 14, 2014, 10:19:24 am »
Thats how I feel too. I think Villa were very poor, the early goal allowed them to execute their strategy. Mason allowed them to do a bit of kicking and we were pretty toothless. The three up to just didn't work, we were too slow moving the ball, but its really difficult when theres 11 behind the ball. You need something special to get through. I don't know the answer, but its something Brendan needs to work on because a lot of team will come to Anfield and sit deep.

I think a more dynamic midfielder is needed in the future along with a similar striker to Daniel Sturridge. Remy would've been perfect, but hey-ho it never happened.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #993 on: September 14, 2014, 10:22:34 am »
Yeah, he was sorely missed going forward. He seems to thrive playing in that diamond formation. It's a shame Allen can weren't able to play. I think it's quite telling Lucas didn't even get any minutes on the pitch either.

We both know that the Lucas/Gerrard axis doesn't work, and I can see why Henderson was used, he has the legs to cover Gerrard when Villa counter with pace, It just means we were short in the middle third.

Delph and Cleverley were brilliant last night, intelligent pressing and quick to release Gabby, they also covered the ground superbly to support him as well.

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #994 on: September 14, 2014, 10:24:33 am »
We should really change our tactics against team which sit back. I reckon almost all team are gonna sit back when they come to anfield.

Its almost as if ... we don't score the 1st goal, the team does not know how to carve open teams which sit back. It doesn't help when gerrard sits so far back (almost playing like a 3rd central defender).

Is it really necessary to play with a deep laying playmaker (Regista) ? Maybe if we play with a conventional defensive midfielder (Lucas)... the team will be able to press higher up without worrying about counter-attack ?

Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline The Batman.

• Kopite
  • I'm Batman...
« Reply #995 on: September 14, 2014, 10:24:39 am »
Still fuming at this. Chance to go 2nd, and put some space between us and Arsenal, City and Spurs. 4 games in and Chelsea are on the brink ofrunning away with it. Win next weekend away at City and that will be 8 points between them.

We have 6 'winnable games' coming up now before we play Chelsea at Anfield, and we need to win every single one of them if we want to stay in touch with them before that game. Do that and we're probably the leagues best hope at stopping them running away with it. After yesterday though, I'll be stunned if we do that.

Last season we had that core group, there was never many changes in the team, then yesterday, more than half the team was new players. We did a Spurs yesterday. Throwing 6 new players in.

“It’s everything. For the people of Liverpool, football is a way of life. For many other cites or countries it’s a sport and it’s a pastime but football here is a way of life”

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #996 on: September 14, 2014, 10:26:11 am »

Disagree.

Villa were brilliant.

If we do that in the Bernabeu it will be hailed as a tactical masterclass, typical European away performance.

It was us that were poor.

We know how they set up, the early goal gave them something to hold on to, and they were good enough to achieve their aim.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #997 on: September 14, 2014, 10:27:18 am »
Still fuming at this. Chance to go 2nd, and put some space between us and Arsenal, City and Spurs. 4 games in and Chelsea are on the brink ofrunning away with it. Win next weekend away at City and that will be 8 points between them.

We have 6 'winnable games' coming up now before we play Chelsea at Anfield, and we need to win every single one of them if we want to stay in touch with them before that game. Do that and we're probably the leagues best hope at stopping them running away with it. After yesterday though, I'll be stunned if we do that.

Last season we had that core group, there was never many changes in the team, then yesterday, more than half the team was new players. We did a Spurs yesterday. Throwing 6 new players in.

To be fair, Skrtel, Johnson, Flanagan, Allen, Sturridge and Suarez were not available. Only Sterling available that wasnt played. Rodgers had to throw them all in. Shudder to think what the team would have been last season if they were all out.

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #998 on: September 14, 2014, 10:28:32 am »
Woke up about 15 minutes ago. First thought of the day is still devastation of the result yesterday. I don't even expect to challenge for the league now but top four looks very difficult, can't afford to not take some opposition seriously.

Fuckin hell.

I didn't think that your post could get anymore depressing after reading this, how wrong I was.

Oh, and Kidder's post on the other page was great.     ;D
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #999 on: September 14, 2014, 10:33:05 am »
to be fair to Rodgers,he sees his players in training day in day out,so he must have thought they could play together(which in fairness they should have),shouldnt matter that it was 6 new players or not,they have trained together for a Month or 2 so should have an idea how each other plays,it was a bad day at the office that is all,its not the end of the world we still have 34 games to make amends,we will still finish in the top 4.

Markovic and Lallana have barely had a pre-season or kicked a ball for the club. Balotelli had had one game. Coutinho had been travelling around America with Brazil for two weeks as well, so the front four was always going to be disjointed and Henderson/Gerrard as a midfield two led to the horrorshow of a first half the last time we played Villa. We had injuries but it wasn't the game to rest Sterling given the above.

Learn from your mistakes, don't keep making them.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season