Author Topic: Atmosphere at Anfield  (Read 1786704 times)

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Let's Improve the Atmosphere at Anfield (split from Fortress Anfield)
« Reply #9000 on: January 14, 2018, 10:49:29 pm »
203 was fantastic :D found myself on the redmentv video celebrating wildly too :D wish it was like that every game.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9001 on: January 14, 2018, 10:53:09 pm »
boss again
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline MerseysideBrum

• Legacy Fan
  • Show them the way to go ome
« Reply #9002 on: January 14, 2018, 10:53:37 pm »
dad said it was the best he has been at (hes been to most leagues in the past few years and villareal semi in europa)
The reds are coming up the hill boys.

Offline Poet

• He IS a poet! And he truly knows it! He's a new member; fresh fire from old ember. No idiot or fool, for he follows Liverpool. A CT gift from heaven! Well, actually, from 24/7...who's taller than 5' 11"!
  • Kopite
    • Sui-Juris
« Reply #9003 on: January 14, 2018, 11:01:13 pm »
Fkn boss wasn’t it mate

Your not the fella i accidentally punched in the head celebrating a goal by any chance was you ?  ;D

Absolutely boss mate.

If it was a fella with a beard then yes hahha. There were so many bodies and arms flying about that I cannot remember  ;D
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9004 on: January 14, 2018, 11:03:22 pm »
Hats off to all the lads and lasses in the ground today. There was a moment in the second half where every one of their touches was boo'd and hissed, which must have a negative impact on them. 12th man helped us win the game today!

Offline Poet

• He IS a poet! And he truly knows it! He's a new member; fresh fire from old ember. No idiot or fool, for he follows Liverpool. A CT gift from heaven! Well, actually, from 24/7...who's taller than 5' 11"!
  • Kopite
    • Sui-Juris
« Reply #9005 on: January 14, 2018, 11:05:51 pm »
Hats off to all the lads and lasses in the ground today. There was a moment in the second half where every one of their touches was boo'd and hissed, which must have a negative impact on them. 12th man helped us win the game today!

It was somewhat deafening at times. Felt like an El Classico
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #9006 on: January 14, 2018, 11:16:04 pm »
It was somewhat deafening at times. Felt like an El Classico
Yep, reminded me of when we did it to them in the 13/14 game, proper shit some of them up. Sterling especially can't cope with it.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9007 on: January 14, 2018, 11:18:58 pm »
Yep, reminded me of when we did it to them in the 13/14 game, proper shit some of them up. Sterling especially can't cope with it.

Prime examples of how singing fans > quiet fans.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #9008 on: January 14, 2018, 11:19:40 pm »
Gutted I couldn't make it to the match. But Anfield nearly blew the speakers off my laptop this afternoon. Christ, what a noise.

Still spotted some absolute meffs who looked like they were clapping after watching a shite panto after the goals rather than their team smashing 4 goals past the best team in the world  ;D
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Box-clever, non-pink, manly man's man. Contact for more details. No bibs! Grrrr :)
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #9009 on: January 14, 2018, 11:36:06 pm »
Absolutely boss mate.

If it was a fella with a beard then yes hahha. There were so many bodies and arms flying about that I cannot remember  ;D

Wasn’t you the geezer I punched in the back of the head was beardless  ;D

One fella behind me fell on his back was fkn mental haha

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9010 on: January 14, 2018, 11:41:16 pm »
My seat in L3 of the Main Stand is usually a peaceful place, but it was rocking today. The flasks and sarnies brigade remembered why they were there!

Offline OzBomber

• Favourite manager Tommy Tootchel favourite Player Naby 'lid' Kyta
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9011 on: January 15, 2018, 12:16:06 am »
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-lost-control-against-14155230
""After that we lost a little bit of our control and were involved a little in the environment from Anfield for many reasons.

"In those moments you have to be try to be stable - it's a good lesson for the knock-out games in the Champions League."

The last time we heard that sort of comment was after the Dortmund and Villareal games. Just makes you think, Champions League knockout stages, we could do absolutely fucking anything with that sort of support.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 12:17:43 am by OzBomber »

Offline Mini Soda Scousephile

• Give us a snog, now.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • At the end of the storm there's a golden sky
« Reply #9012 on: January 15, 2018, 12:16:55 am »
Nights like tonight make me miss living in Liverpool. That was incredible

Nights like tonight make me wish I lived in Liverpool. Or at least somewhere in the country. Darn ocean in the way  :wanker
 :butt
 ;)

Offline OzBomber

• Favourite manager Tommy Tootchel favourite Player Naby 'lid' Kyta
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9013 on: January 15, 2018, 12:21:13 am »
Nights like tonight make me wish I lived in Liverpool. Or at least somewhere in the country. Darn ocean in the way  :wanker
 :butt
 ;)
Hahaha as an Aussie that moved there to support the club for a year all I can say is save up your pennies, learn your songs and get over there for a game. Nights like tonight, the Derby, Dortmund etc are why us foreigners are fans from thousands of miles away.

Online elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #9014 on: January 15, 2018, 12:55:12 am »
Hahaha as an Aussie that moved there to support the club for a year all I can say is save up your pennies, learn your songs and get over there for a game. Nights like tonight, the Derby, Dortmund etc are why us foreigners are fans from thousands of miles away.

I'm from Liverpool but live in Australia now. It sounded superb on the TV, bit jealous of anyone there.
We are Liverpool!

Offline Mini Soda Scousephile

• Give us a snog, now.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • At the end of the storm there's a golden sky
« Reply #9015 on: January 15, 2018, 01:02:56 am »

Hopefully one of these days...

Offline SingFongFC

• Kopite
  • L-I-V, E-R-P, Double O L, Liverpool FC
« Reply #9016 on: January 15, 2018, 01:16:31 am »

Love it when that happens, makes it properly hostile for the opposition! First time I can remember that happening for prolonged spells since the United Europa game...

My voice was cracking towards back end of the first half, but the second half mayhem saw it off fully! That spell in the second half... WOW

We really have been spoilt with the atmospheres at the last two homes now... hopefully some more top-quality nights to come as the season unfolds. Exciting times, it really does feel that the club is on the verge of something really special on days like today!

Offline BarryH28

• Kemlynite
« Reply #9017 on: January 15, 2018, 04:12:05 am »
Nights like that are why you go, nothing like it. Lost my glasses Jurgen Klopp style after mane’s goal, it was madness  :)

Offline PoetryInMotion96

• Anny Roader
  • His First Name Is Lucas
« Reply #9018 on: January 15, 2018, 06:26:10 am »
Best I've been in since Dortmund. Fucking phenomenal. Start to finish. The hissing reminded me of a euorpean night and the goals celebrated properly like a knockout game. That's why we go absolutely brilliant [emoji4][emoji4]

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #9019 on: January 15, 2018, 06:37:35 am »
In the lower centenary absolute bedlam when the 3rd and 4th went in, best atmosphere for a long time, never seen the stewards asking us all to sit down before.
To be fair most of them were just laughing!
People were falling over ending up in the wrong row, scarves falling off, glasses falling off - just brilliant stuff.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 06:40:10 am by Frank Becton »
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9020 on: January 15, 2018, 08:49:07 am »
https://streamable.com/kp39d

Great post-game YNWA.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #9021 on: January 15, 2018, 09:06:06 am »
Was right up there with the very best, chaos in 306 for the 1st and then was even crazier for each goal after that...

When you're surrounded by like minded people, it makes such a difference  8)
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Online only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9022 on: January 15, 2018, 10:32:22 am »
Nothing better than looking out from the Kop and seeing the Kemlyn and Moan stand bouncing.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #9023 on: January 15, 2018, 10:44:17 am »

Yeah, that was great. I'm struggling to remember the last time i've seen that at Anfield with such venom.

Just a whole heap of "fuck off" in everything we did, both on and off the field. We don't half raise our collective games when we're viewed as the underdog though. All of the media hype around City, and their season to-date, just made absolutely sure there was defiance in everything that we did. And it was fucking great.

Well in to everyone associated with Liverpool Football Club in the ground yesterday.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9024 on: January 15, 2018, 10:57:37 am »
Spurs home next in the league, need more of the same in a game that is just as important in it’s own way.  WBA should be good under the lights.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline mainone

• Anny Roader
  • this is the end.....
« Reply #9025 on: January 15, 2018, 11:00:55 am »
why did they put ynwa on at the end, crowd would have sung it anyway.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9026 on: January 15, 2018, 11:09:04 am »
Very jealous of those there last night. Sounded immense, as it should be.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #9027 on: January 15, 2018, 11:13:50 am »

Yeah, perhaps being picky but I didn't really like that. Just suddenly felt a bit forced. Let the crowd do their thing, they don't need prompting on a night like last night.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9028 on: January 15, 2018, 11:22:52 am »
If only it was like that every game.

But I guess a combination of an early goal, an unbeaten team, a greedy bastard and some amazing goals really got everyone pumped.
YNWA.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9029 on: January 15, 2018, 11:27:48 am »
Yeah, that was great. I'm struggling to remember the last time i've seen that at Anfield with such venom.

Europa League semi-final....which was done for more of the game.  I wished we had carried that on for the rest of the match but really died out.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #9030 on: January 15, 2018, 11:36:19 am »
Was great last night. Perfect combination of the the team playing well, crowd getting behind them and the cycle of each encouraging the other.

Was above the City fans and that 10 minute spell was a joy to watch both on the pitch and the static silence of them all.

Some pathetic chants from City fans, singing about Gerrard, about nearly winning the league etc, at least the 'victims' one didnt last very long.
Why do they boo Milner? Its not as if he left them for money at the peak of his form like our ex greedy bastard?

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9031 on: January 15, 2018, 11:44:10 am »
Getting on opposing players backs is fucking ace, and it works.

Sterling had a shocker yesterday thanks to Andy Robertson, the LFC team in general AND our fans.  He was visibly disturbed by it all :)

The only time better and more ruthless I can recall is when we absolutely terrorised Gary Neville for 90 mins in the FA Cup.  It was his first game at Anfield after he had done his badge kissing in front of the Liverpool fans at Old Trafford in 2006 following Ferdinand's winner

I cant ever remember one single player getting so much abuse in a game, he had an absolute shocker and we won the game 1-0.  Neville still has lots to say on his badge kissing incident but never seems to mention the day he totally fell apart at Anfield one month later the little rat faced shit house.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9032 on: January 15, 2018, 11:49:52 am »
Fucking great in 202 yesterday. Bedlam when the goals went in.

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9033 on: January 15, 2018, 12:23:43 pm »
Due to Money issues, I don't really get the chance to go much these days, but my brother had to work last minute and I thought "fuck it, worth dipping into the overdraft for", so took his ticket.

Stood in the 207 on my own, but fucking hell, never felt alone the entire game. Everyone was up for it, everyone sung their hearts out. Kids stood on seats (I almost apologised to all the parents for my language at one point, til the kids piped up with worse ;D), arl fellas rolling back the years and loads of young lads absolutely belting it songs out time after time. Felt light headed after the celebrations for the first and it only got better. Watching the chip for Bobbys goal, you could feel everyone mentally trying to will the ball to curl enough to bounce in. As said by everyone else, bedlam after Manes rocket and again after Mo.

Those last ten minutes though. Fuck me. Almost had a heart attack when the header flashed wide at the end. Never felt a collective "phew" as it hit the side netting. Walked home after sitting down for ten minutes at the end and could hardly walk straight. Absolutely buzzing.

Only downside to the whole day was walking up breck road about 15 mins to the start of the game and seeing some poor sod with a huge bandage on his head and a pool of blood on the floor. God knows what happened to him hope he got stitched up in time to get in the game.

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9034 on: January 15, 2018, 12:28:06 pm »

Because some of the bellends at the club don't have a fucking clue . Nothing new !
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #9035 on: January 15, 2018, 12:33:45 pm »
Getting on opposing players backs is fucking ace, and it works.

Sterling had a shocker yesterday thanks to Andy Robertson, the LFC team in general AND our fans.  He was visibly disturbed by it all :)

The only time better and more ruthless I can recall is when we absolutely terrorised Gary Neville for 90 mins in the FA Cup.  It was his first game at Anfield after he had done his badge kissing in front of the Liverpool fans at Old Trafford in 2006 following Ferdinand's winner

I cant ever remember one single player getting so much abuse in a game, he had an absolute shocker and we won the game 1-0.  Neville still has lots to say on his badge kissing incident but never seems to mention the day he totally fell apart at Anfield one month later the little rat faced shit house.

was that the one where he tried playing volleyball?

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9036 on: January 15, 2018, 01:05:12 pm »
Don't know about you lads but I never want to hear 'Show them the way to go home' ever again unless we have at least a 2 goal lead and we are into added time.

I first heard it yesterday when our 4th went in but it soon faded out as we sort of realised who we were playing.  It started up again around 80 mins but was soon silenced by Silva a few minutes later.

Don't get me wrong i love it when the chant is in full force and the game is categorically won but its one of those songs we can't sing with confidence these days but I'm sure it will change as time goes on. :)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #9037 on: January 15, 2018, 01:05:59 pm »

Why do they boo Milner? Its not as if he left them for money at the peak of his form like our ex greedy bastard?

God knows, they do it at the Etihad too. Some "fans" seem to think that every player who leaves their club is a snake who needs abusing.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9038 on: January 15, 2018, 01:08:17 pm »
was that the one where he tried playing volleyball?

Do you mean as in giving away a Penno?

The winner was a Crouchie header in the game I refer to.

Offline SingFongFC

• Kopite
  • L-I-V, E-R-P, Double O L, Liverpool FC
« Reply #9039 on: January 15, 2018, 01:40:31 pm »

I had a long discussion with some of their fans about this on twitter a while ago, it’s always bugged me why they do too.

The best ‘reason’ I could get out of them is that apparently when he joined us, he did one of those standard interviews where he said something like ‘this is the best squad I’ve ever been involved with’. All the City fans who boo him have taken this as him disrespecting their club.

Special bunch!