Author Topic: Atmosphere at Anfield  (Read 1778455 times)

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Lets Improve the Atmosphere at Anfield (split from Fortress Anfield)
« Reply #560 on: February 1, 2015, 05:54:57 pm »
Those giving him funny looks should have been joining in, poor lad was probably gutted noon e else wanted to sing.

Used to be me that, and all I would get is "shut up I'm trying to watch the game...la'"

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #561 on: February 1, 2015, 06:20:08 pm »
Those giving him funny looks should have been joining in, poor lad was probably gutted noon e else wanted to sing.

Used to be me that, and all I would get is "shut up I'm trying to watch the game...la'"

Sorry don't think I explained myself. Everyone was singing and joining in but sometimes he was trying to start new songs when others were already being sang, he just had one of these voices that stood out a mile away. Was funny more than anything but yeah, he was a mad bastard. Suppose you had to be there  ;)
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline kirkbywool

• Kopite
  • The futures bright, the futures red
« Reply #562 on: February 1, 2015, 07:16:18 pm »
Had some dopes stood behind me in the main stand just standing on the stairwell filming YNWA and blocking the way for everyone. Even when stewards told them to move as they where blocking the stairwell the just moved forward still filming. took them 5 minutes after kick off to get to their seat  :butt and not the first time that's happened by me either.

Fair play to the lad who when he saw someone with a selfie stick ran up behind him and stuck 2 fingers up to the camera as he took the picture  ;D

Offline Redalloverthebar

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #563 on: February 2, 2015, 09:29:06 am »
Some mad bastard in 305 yesterday wanting to start every song himself. Fair play to anyone who wants to sing but fuck me this guy was literally screeching the words out. 'ALL TOGETHER NOW, WE 'ATE NOTTINGHAM FOREST', 'AND COULD E PLAY'....

Sure im not the only one to hear him. Was getting some funny looks around us. Mad bastard.  ;D

What row was he in? Might have been me.  :)  :)

Offline MerseyParadise

• Kopite
  • Wool son of Scotty road 'arl fella
« Reply #564 on: February 2, 2015, 12:22:49 pm »
Surely any club thats sings "sign on" must be doing it ironically.

I mean how could someone on the dole afford £50 to get in a football match
Insert obscure quote here

Offline MerseyParadise

• Kopite
  • Wool son of Scotty road 'arl fella
« Reply #565 on: February 2, 2015, 12:25:38 pm »
It seems to me that all away fans coming to Anfield have an itinerary of songs. The Sign On one, Atmosphere one Library one and the Steve Gerrard one being top of the list. There is very little originality coming from fans these days but West Ham used to come up with a gem now and then. Sadly not yesterday. I put it down to them having a good run in the league and their bandwagon swelling with some beauts attending their first game for ten years. But as for the others it's like the team they're supposed to be supporting is secondary. Winding the Scousers up is priority.  ::)

West ham in all fairness did come up with "Harry Potter , hes coming for you" when Jonjo Shelvey was warming up a few years ago , that was a good one
Insert obscure quote here

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #566 on: February 2, 2015, 03:31:43 pm »
West ham in all fairness did come up with "Harry Potter , hes coming for you" when Jonjo Shelvey was warming up a few years ago , that was a good one
That's it, you expect more from them than the small time clubs hymn sheet but after the performances of our fans recently, who are we to talk, half the Main stand singing who are you at Chelsea. Sad footballs changed.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline Cato

• nine tails
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • We got the Truth, then Justice. Now Accountability
« Reply #567 on: February 3, 2015, 09:16:59 am »
Baldy fucker who always stand in the stairwell in 304, we sit right by there, he singlehandedly gets half of 305 and most of 304 to sit down when he is there, some games he hasn't been there and we all stand, the other stewards aren't bothered when he is not there.

Ruining the atmosphere on his own that fucker.

He looks exactly like this  >>>>>>     >:(

One of the ticket office staff told me he's a Chelsea fan as well 😡

We kept believing and Justice is served.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #568 on: February 4, 2015, 03:21:54 pm »
That's it, you expect more from them than the small time clubs hymn sheet but after the performances of our fans recently, who are we to talk, half the Main stand singing who are you at Chelsea. Sad footballs changed.

"Bobby Moore. OBE. Other Bugger's Energy." Kop song to tune of 'Knick Knack Paddy Whack' mid-1970s. 
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #569 on: February 16, 2015, 08:53:35 am »
Was in Germany over the week-end and watching Dortmund and Munich.

Its relatively straightforward to get an improved atmosphere as watched in Dortmund friday evening..

* Build a stadium of 80.000 people; allowing cheaper tickets for parts of the stadium
*Get a huge standing area behind one goal; which should be packed at least 30 minutes before kick-off
*Sell beer;loads of beer at decent prices and plenty of bratwursts, pretsels - inside and outside the stadium - quality products at affordable prices..
* customer/supporter/tourist is king and treat him thereafter, we couldn't the rucksack into the stadium; no problem - just go over there; leave your bag over there for 1 euro- and collect it after the game..

The british game is gone I'm afraid..
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline Kelwell

• Main Stander
  • We are the famous, the famous Kopites
« Reply #570 on: February 16, 2015, 02:52:08 pm »
^ And what about the trouble at Mönchengladbach v Köln ?

Don't see that in England...

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #571 on: February 20, 2015, 12:00:17 am »
Shocking tonight.

"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline stevo7

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Direct Action Now
« Reply #572 on: February 20, 2015, 12:03:19 am »
Pfff......

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #573 on: February 20, 2015, 12:03:59 am »
"You're not singing anymore!" - Embarrassing. Silent for 86 mins then that? Fucking hell

The irony being that even after that shite song was belted out, we were then silent again!  :butt
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #574 on: February 20, 2015, 12:05:07 am »
Absolutely dire tonight,  was in the Upper Anny with loads around me sat in silence.   From a deafening 90 minute non stop rendition at Palace to absolute shite in less than a week.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #575 on: February 20, 2015, 12:05:19 am »
It's bad admittedly I've only been to one game this season so I feel I can't complain too much.

But my uncle is a season ticket holder and say's the same thing.

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #576 on: February 20, 2015, 12:07:13 am »
I think the atmosphere was brilliant but why were we singing in Turkish?
"Genuine Struggle Leads To Genuine Success" - Yevado Annadle

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #577 on: February 20, 2015, 12:08:37 am »
Unlikely as it is may be, is there anyone on here in the "non-singing on a Euro night club"prepared to explain the apathy of the majority, can't work it out.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 12:10:40 am by andy07 »
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #578 on: February 20, 2015, 12:09:12 am »
Really grim tonight.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #579 on: February 20, 2015, 12:10:14 am »
Wasn't too bad in 305, not European night level, but ok for a midweek fixture when everybody is knackered.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #580 on: February 20, 2015, 12:11:04 am »
Yet again bossed by a couple thousand opposition fans.

The travelling Kop make much more noise.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #581 on: February 20, 2015, 12:16:07 am »
Was cringing at 'You're not singing anymore'.

A few thousand who have travelled across Europe to support their team, loudly and vocally for 85 minutes, who are momentarily stunned by conceding.

'We're not singing anyway' would have been more appropriate. Whoever called it the Cemetary Stand the other day on here wasn't far off. There was one round of FOAR that made it to all 4 stands, but there wasn't much to go on other than the back of the Kop for the rest of the game.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline tomtom

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #582 on: February 20, 2015, 12:19:27 am »
Wasn't too bad in 305, not European night level, but ok for a midweek fixture when everybody is knackered.

Zzzzz

From where I was just off in the MS, it seemed like Whole KOP stood in silence for the majority. Few lads round me had a go. This was a European night and I don't buy the everyone being knackered point? Beşiktaş were wide awake alright.

Offline SimplyRed91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #583 on: February 20, 2015, 12:19:40 am »
Was quite a few around me in 304 trying to get songs going but it doesn't travel far. Wish I could get to away matches to be honest

Offline evanz89

• Anny Roader
  • JFT96
« Reply #584 on: February 20, 2015, 12:20:47 am »
Was in 205 hardly anyone around me singing, then I get funny looks when I'm singing on my own - ridiculous. Plenty of young lads around me not joining in either so that's not the problem.

The your not singing any more was embarrassing I can deal with
a few Muppets in anny road trying it but half the stadium piped up after that, then don't bother singing YNWA at then end  :butt

Offline SimplyRed91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #585 on: February 20, 2015, 12:34:43 am »

Was in 205 hardly anyone around me singing, then I get funny looks when I'm singing on my own - ridiculous. Plenty of young lads around me not joining in either so that's not the problem.

The your not singing any more was embarrassing I can deal with
a few Muppets in anny road trying it but half the stadium piped up after that, then don't bother singing YNWA at then end  :butt
A lad in the block next to me attempted to get the 'sakho sakho sakho' chant going and some lad behind me starting taking the piss out of him. What's the point when your own fans are like that? It's not the best of songs but at least he's trying ffs.

Agree the 'you're not singing any more' was embarrassing.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #586 on: February 20, 2015, 12:35:04 am »
Bottom line is there were 35000 fans at Anfield tonight who should hang their heads in shame,  as I said in an earlier post,  wtf do these muppets turn up?
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #587 on: February 20, 2015, 12:35:08 am »
Zzzzz

From where I was just off in the MS, it seemed like Whole KOP stood in silence for the majority. Few lads round me had a go. This was a European night and I don't buy the everyone being knackered point? Beşiktaş were wide awake alright.
Well from where I was in the Kop we were singing most of the match. :wave

Didn't hear any of the you're not singing anymore, thank fuck!

To be honest I couldn't give a shit how it looks on the telly or from the other stands. I'm singing to support the team and to have fun, not to entertain people who're watching the Kop instead of the match. This moaning does my head in. Fair enough if you're frustrated that you can't sing cos nobody around you is, but what's it to do with how other blocks look like?

And the Beşiktaş fans likely didn't come straight off work....

"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #588 on: February 20, 2015, 12:40:24 am »

To be honest I couldn't give a shit how it looks on the telly or from the other stands. I'm singing to support the team and to have fun, not to entertain people who're watching the Kop instead of the match. This moaning does my head in. Fair enough if you're frustrated that you can't sing cos nobody around you is, but what's it to do with how other blocks look like?

Good on you and those around you for having a go,  but this doesn't detract from the collective atmosphere being totally shite, and coming straight from work makes no difference,  you are either up for it or you are not.

We are Loyal Supporters

Offline S.Red please

• SerbianRed ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Penny Lane there is a barber showing photographs
    • HFSG
« Reply #589 on: February 20, 2015, 12:52:12 am »
Was in MX tonight and a few of us trying to get songs going to no avail. Not even arsed about the "Youre not singing" and "Who are ya" chants at the end, the atmosphere was so dead it was nice to hear something loud from us no matter what the song was. Kop surprisingly quiet compared to other European nights ive been to.
Justice for the 97

Offline Sir Afghan

• "I, Stan!" Has the softest beard.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #590 on: February 20, 2015, 12:52:42 am »
Bottom line is there were 35000 fans at Anfield tonight who should hang their heads in shame,  as I said in an earlier post,  wtf do these muppets turn up?

Give it a rest, lots of people turn up every week at Anfield and don't want to sing, nothing at all wrong with that. You need to focus your vitriol on those that do and can't organise themselves well enough to get a couple of songs going. People that turn up week in week out to watch football matches aren't the problem.

Offline Sir Afghan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #591 on: February 20, 2015, 12:55:05 am »

Agreed, I had a good night and sung some songs up in 305. Wasn't the best ever but managed to enjoy myself.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #592 on: February 20, 2015, 01:04:26 am »
Give it a rest, lots of people turn up every week at Anfield and don't want to sing, nothing at all wrong with that. You need to focus your vitriol on those that do and can't organise themselves well enough to get a couple of songs going. People that turn up week in week out to watch football matches aren't the problem. 

You miss the point, this is a European night not a routine PL fixture against lower league opposition.  Are we not famous for our atmosphere on Euro nights?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 01:06:41 am by andy07 »
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Sir Afghan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #593 on: February 20, 2015, 01:09:53 am »
You miss the point, this is a European night not a routine PL fixture against lower league opposition.  Are we not famous for our atmosphere on Euro nights or maybe the "Is this a library" chants from visitors do have some truth?

The fact is there clearly isn't the appetite or organisation to create this Anfield you want, it will happen again when enough people are up for it and the circumstances lend themselves to it, same as ever.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #594 on: February 20, 2015, 08:34:02 am »
The fact is there clearly isn't the appetite or organisation to create this Anfield you want, it will happen again when enough people are up for it and the circumstances lend themselves to it, same as ever.

So you're saying we're all a bunch of big game charlies? Great.

Offline Sir Afghan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #595 on: February 20, 2015, 08:42:44 am »
So you're saying we're all a bunch of big game charlies? Great.

Well you don't have to go to Anfield too often to notice that. I don't see the problem with it, i very much doubt it's ever been any different, some games grab you and some don't. Bitching and moaning about people who do regularly go the game on here isn't going to help.

Offline Yozza1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #596 on: February 20, 2015, 09:30:55 am »
Get shut of the 'your not singing anymore' leave that shit to the likes of Burnley and Blackburn. It's unoriginal

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #597 on: February 20, 2015, 09:50:19 am »

And "you're not singing any more" after our penalty last night. I'm loathe to knock any kind of atmosphere at this point, because it's often so bad, but those kind of 'chants' are just cringeworthy.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #598 on: February 20, 2015, 09:53:51 am »
Wish I could get to away matches to be honest

Absolutely this.

For me, I go to the games for the atmosphere as much as the football itself, and Anfield is as piss poor as every other ground in the country for the most part. Granted, we *can* turn it on when we feel like it, but it's once in a blue moon, at best. At least on the road you tend to see a concentration of supporters enthusiastic and willing to vocally back the team. Far, far superior as a match day, for me.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 09:56:31 am by Grobbelrevell »
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Scud02

• Legacy Fan
  • They call me Mr Fake
« Reply #599 on: February 20, 2015, 10:12:52 am »
The 'You're not signing anymore' done my head in.  Who the fuck let's these muppets into Anfield?
Spirit of Shankly Membership Number 4294, Reclaim the Kop!  The King's Men