Author Topic: Atmosphere at Anfield  (Read 1786402 times)

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
Re: Lets Improve the Atmosphere at Anfield (split from Fortress Anfield)
« Reply #680 on: February 21, 2015, 09:56:06 pm »
It's gone for ever apart from a few top games. The more expensive the tickets get the more diluted the support will get. There's no going back now. Soon there'll be free wi fi in every corner of every toilet and the modern day trippers will be spending more time than ever on facebook, twitter and instagram etc.
And the worse thing about it is that the owners want it that way.

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird upon my chest
« Reply #681 on: February 21, 2015, 10:06:56 pm »
It's gone for ever apart from a few top games. The more expensive the tickets get the more diluted the support will get. There's no going back now. Soon there'll be free wi fi in every corner of every toilet and the modern day trippers will be spending more time than ever on facebook, twitter and instagram etc.
And the worse thing about it is that the owners want it that way.

Problem is that the very thing they are selling, they are potentially destroying. The success, the atmosphere, the legend, the club.

Will there ever be a day where the comodity becomes less attractive so that the customers will stop coming? Is that when the kop gets reclaimed?
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but sometimes I abuse the privilege

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #682 on: February 21, 2015, 10:20:11 pm »
Will there ever be a day where the comodity becomes less attractive so that the customers will stop coming? Is that when the kop gets reclaimed?

The only way it will become so unattractive that they stop coming is if we drop out of the top four for several years with no hope of getting back in. That shouldn't happen to us with the money coming in from the huge tv and commercial deals and with the expanded stadium.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #683 on: February 21, 2015, 11:52:19 pm »
Didn't they piss down a rolled up newspaper? The bottom of the kop was like a sea of piss my grandad said.

Agree though ;)

Yeah, that's what my grandad told me too.  He said you'd feel your feet get a bit warm, but you couldn't move, so you just dealt with it. 
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline ohweloveyerbaldyhead

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #684 on: February 22, 2015, 05:53:46 am »
The only way it'll ever come close to what it once was I think is safe standing on the kop and go back to paying on the gate. Get in early if you want to be on the kop and you can stand with your mates. This plus lowering prices on the kop would lead to a big improvement in atmosphere though still not back to where it once was. Back in the day you'd learn your way in the boys pen, there's none of that now, the younger support can't afford to get to the game so how can they learn our traditions and songs? What chance have they got? We've got to get the youth back on the kop learning what it means to support the reds. None of this who are ya shite.
Twitter: @loveyerbaldyhead

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #685 on: February 22, 2015, 07:11:18 am »
Sad to see that post from 2002, we really are fucked.

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #686 on: February 22, 2015, 07:14:08 am »
Sad to see that post from 2002, we really are fucked.

Which one?
"Genuine Struggle Leads To Genuine Success" - Yevado Annadle

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #687 on: February 22, 2015, 08:49:53 am »

The worrying thing is that the day comes when it's so unattractive and unobtainable that the fans stop coming and it's all 'customers' anyway. There's a complete lost generation of young fans.

Offline livesound

• Kopite
« Reply #688 on: February 22, 2015, 11:58:38 am »
The only way it'll ever come close to what it once was I think is safe standing on the kop and go back to paying on the gate. Get in early if you want to be on the kop and you can stand with your mates. This plus lowering prices on the kop would lead to a big improvement in atmosphere though still not back to where it once was. Back in the day you'd learn your way in the boys pen, there's none of that now, the younger support can't afford to get to the game so how can they learn our traditions and songs? What chance have they got? We've got to get the youth back on the kop learning what it means to support the reds. None of this who are ya shite.

Spot on

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #689 on: February 23, 2015, 12:11:14 am »
Which one?

This entire thread really

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=404.0

13 years later and its no better, infact its worse.

Should have to pass an exam to get a membership, to buy tickets.

Only thing I blame the club for is selling 95,000 memberships for 5,000 tickets.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #690 on: February 23, 2015, 12:50:44 am »
Introducing wifi in the ground was a joke. People can't go 90 mins without accessing the internet. It's ridiculous. Your there to watch Liverpool Football Club.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #691 on: February 23, 2015, 12:56:53 am »
Introducing wifi in the ground was a joke. People can't go 90 mins without accessing the internet. It's ridiculous. Your there to watch Liverpool Football Club.

It's alright for half time where I can check on the other games and see whats going on
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #692 on: February 23, 2015, 12:59:42 am »
It's alright for half time where I can check on the other games and see whats going on

George tells you those over the PA ;) Plus we barely ever play at 3pm anyway when there's other games going on

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #693 on: February 23, 2015, 01:00:44 am »

George announces the scores.  There's tv screens playing live matches pre kick off with score updates.  We dont have many saturday 3pm kick offs so most results are known.  It will be worse next season with friday night footy.   

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #694 on: February 23, 2015, 01:05:18 am »
George is grim at announcing scores though.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #695 on: February 23, 2015, 01:26:23 am »
George announces the scores.  There's tv screens playing live matches pre kick off with score updates.  We dont have many saturday 3pm kick offs so most results are known.  It will be worse next season with friday night footy.   

I can hardly ever hear what he's saying these days, especially if your seat isn't near the speakers.

I don't really see the issue with sending a couple texts and checking twitter on your phone with the Wifi at half time really. Turn it off during the match by all means, but it's a handy addition at half time
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Alf Garnett

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Upper Centenary
« Reply #696 on: February 23, 2015, 06:48:00 am »

The wifi worked great at the Beşiktaş game, I was able to watch Eastenders on my iPad whilst the game was on.

:wave

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #697 on: February 23, 2015, 01:27:17 pm »
Can anyone actually get online in Anfield then? I can't even get a signal to make a phone call till I'm half a mile down the road.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #698 on: February 23, 2015, 03:37:59 pm »
Fuck the WiFi off. There should be a signal sent out that automatically turns all phones off. Should sing before the game and sing at half time.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #699 on: February 23, 2015, 05:01:14 pm »
Fuck the WiFi off. There should be a signal sent out that automatically turns all phones off. Should sing before the game and sing at half time.

Maybe they could send out one of those automatic text alerts for everyone in the ground: SING YOU MISERABLE FUCKERS OR FUCK OFF! Yours, LFC. x
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline CoventryYNWA

• Kopite
« Reply #700 on: February 23, 2015, 05:07:17 pm »
If I had any say at all in the pre-match build up at the ground, the one thing I would do is turn the music off pre-game - right up until we sing YNWA there is music in the background that is quite loud. At least it would encourage people to make some noise in the build up.

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #701 on: February 23, 2015, 05:15:05 pm »
look year on year the average age of the kop get older
only until this is addressed the atmosphere wont improve,
with the new stand being built we have the perfect opportunity to do something about it.

in a nutshell get the old c*nts out the kop     :wave

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #702 on: February 23, 2015, 05:15:19 pm »
If I had any say at all in the pre-match build up at the ground, the one thing I would do is turn the music off pre-game - right up until we sing YNWA there is music in the background that is quite loud. At least it would encourage people to make some noise in the build up.

Until the rules (and prices) on serving alcohol in the ground change people won't get in early enough to make noise pregame

Rather have a few cans at the sandon wall than stand there sober inside the ground for half an hour

Offline CoventryYNWA

• Kopite
« Reply #703 on: February 23, 2015, 05:53:28 pm »
Until the rules (and prices) on serving alcohol in the ground change people won't get in early enough to make noise pregame

Rather have a few cans at the sandon wall than stand there sober inside the ground for half an hour

Yeah completely agree, as would I! Nothing beats a few pints before the game to get the juices flowing, I agree. I mean 5-10 mins before kick off when we are close to kick off and the lads are getting ready to come out.

Although most of the Southampton lot near us looked like Stoke fans, they did make a fair bit of noise yesterday. I can't help but think having people next to opposing fans in a big block helps the noise levels, as you are singing against each other then and you have some pretty good banter, especially yesterday!

Not quite sure how we could acheive that at Anfield though without making a section of the Main/Centenary Stand near to the KOP the away end, we're not a modern day "bowl" stadium after all.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 05:55:18 pm by CoventryYNWA »

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #704 on: February 23, 2015, 07:44:17 pm »
We always had music before kick-off, that's how a lot of songs started. Maybe we should go back to playing songs people can sing along with.

Think one part of the problem are the 'too cool to sing' people. Singing isn't cool, chatting to your mates like nothing affects you is. They usually know all the songs, they're just too cool and only give that up if its a big match or we're twatting someone.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
« Reply #705 on: February 27, 2015, 03:05:35 pm »
funny how this has dropped away since yesterday.
Was not even their home ground , what an atmosphere , what intimidation , if the kop creates a "12th man" then these had a 12th,13th,14th and a 15th.

Hostile, intimidating and unbearably loud. 

At least we all got iphones and ipads though.

Wasnt just the noise, it was the relentlessness of it, non stop, bar one brief restbite, I struggled to deal with it on the TV, god only knows what the players must have felt like.

Shame we will never see a real "fortress anfield" again.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 03:24:32 pm by beardsleyismessimk1 »
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline mattyyt

• Anny Roader
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #706 on: February 27, 2015, 04:19:21 pm »
That's what happens when the ground is full of proper supporters, instead of tourists going to see a famous team play

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #707 on: February 27, 2015, 04:29:10 pm »
That's what happens when the ground is full of proper supporters, instead of tourists going to see a famous team play

Well the stadium is not full of tourists though is it. Its a local and countrywide problem . Dont blame outsiders , they come to witness the "atmosphere" too
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #708 on: February 27, 2015, 07:16:14 pm »
Well the stadium is not full of tourists though is it. Its a local and countrywide problem . Dont blame outsiders , they come to witness the "atmosphere" too

It actually is full of them though. Too many people in denial. Each season the number increases,that's what the club wants. An international club. Well for me you can fuck the international club and fuck the international fans while we're at it. I've had enough I really have.

Offline MerseyParadise

• Kopite
  • Wool son of Scotty road 'arl fella
« Reply #709 on: February 27, 2015, 08:05:31 pm »
we could swap it for the 80s and instead of watching the game in a safe way , we could have lots of singing but piss up your legs , fences , crushes at the turnstiles, police brutality and the threat of violence from organised groups of away supporters.

have to take the rough with the smooth but if had the choice id have it like it is now , I remember getting carried by the KOP after a goal and ending up 50 foot from my dad without my feet touching the floor, the panic was unreal
Insert obscure quote here

Offline KiNki

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
« Reply #710 on: February 27, 2015, 08:50:20 pm »
Ugh another one.

The ataturk stadium, all seated, 130decibels of support.

Offline MerseysideBrum

• Legacy Fan
  • Show them the way to go ome
« Reply #711 on: February 27, 2015, 08:50:43 pm »
I just hope one day I get to experience something resembling this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9B26fXTj4c
The reds are coming up the hill boys.

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #712 on: February 27, 2015, 08:55:27 pm »
Well never have that kind of atmosphere at Anfield or any ground in England for that matter. That kind of passion doesnt exist here.
Seen us win everything

Offline KiNki

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
« Reply #713 on: February 27, 2015, 09:34:16 pm »
Don't know what the recorded volumes were like for st etienne, and other big matches back in the day, I do know With plastic seats we achieved 130 decibels pre match against Chelsea 2005.  In the league we sometimes reach the dizzy heights of 70decibels.   I think most of that is achieved with the sound of people unwrapping pies, the clicking of cameras and the sound of the seats flipping up as someone else goes for a pie or a piss. 

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #714 on: February 28, 2015, 03:08:03 pm »
It actually is full of them though. Too many people in denial. Each season the number increases,that's what the club wants. An international club. Well for me you can fuck the international club and fuck the international fans while we're at it. I've had enough I really have.

Yes, because the locals who are diminishing by the day are still bearing the torch and showing everyone the way.

we could swap it for the 80s and instead of watching the game in a safe way , we could have lots of singing but piss up your legs , fences , crushes at the turnstiles, police brutality and the threat of violence from organised groups of away supporters.

have to take the rough with the smooth but if had the choice id have it like it is now , I remember getting carried by the KOP after a goal and ending up 50 foot from my dad without my feet touching the floor, the panic was unreal

one too many bevvies tonight ? What the hell are you talking about? This is about creating an atmosphere

Not in the uk you wont.

Well never have that kind of atmosphere at Anfield or any ground in England for that matter. That kind of passion doesnt exist here.

Unfortunately football is just an extension of the arm these days, was a time when it was the whole arm, and a wee bit more to. We have self importance now to keep us busy , YAY LOOK AT ME  :)

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #715 on: February 28, 2015, 03:36:01 pm »

Don't think our quick passing game would work too well on that pitch

Offline AULD-OLDIE

• Anny Roader
  • Quiza-un-dia
« Reply #716 on: February 28, 2015, 03:57:05 pm »
Yeah, that's what my grandad told me too.  He said you'd feel your feet get a bit warm, but you couldn't move, so you just dealt with it.

Also down the side of the stantion support too !!!
Never did anybody any harm. ::) ::)
Truth - 12.09.2012.
Now for JUSTICE !

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #717 on: February 28, 2015, 04:05:20 pm »

Couldn't get down to my usual speck in the middle with the lads, the Kop was so crowded that night, so watched that match from the roof stantions. Scary as fuck but wonderful night.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline AULD-OLDIE

• Anny Roader
  • Quiza-un-dia
« Reply #718 on: February 28, 2015, 04:07:32 pm »
look year on year the average age of the kop get older
only until this is addressed the atmosphere wont improve,
with the new stand being built we have the perfect opportunity to do something about it.

in a nutshell get the old c*nts out the kop     :wave

Even when I first started going in the Kop ("2nd Division days" graduating from the boy's pen !!); there was as you say "old c*nts" standing in the Kop then. The only way to hopefully improve the current "atmosphere is, unfortunately, to have majority standing (in the Kop) but using the current method of standing/seating as used at certain Bundesliga grounds most successfully; but one still has to remember the main reason why grounds became all-seated stadia.
Truth - 12.09.2012.
Now for JUSTICE !

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #719 on: March 1, 2015, 09:57:05 am »
My Uncle (mistakenly) thinks I have a ST

So he text me on Friday asking "How did you get your ST Jake, my mate wants to get one for him and his kid"

So I reply saying how the membership rip off scheme "works".

He replies saying something like "Thanks, he wants to see top level football, he's not decided between Liverpool or Man City yet".

Eurgh. He can fuck off and be a plastic city fan then. If he's a grown man with a child and hasn't decided who he supports yet.