Author Topic: NBA Season 2014/15  (Read 57470 times)

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NBA Season 2014/15
« Reply #560 on: April 23, 2015, 01:14:29 am »
Scott Brooks fired. Interesting to see what Durant does in the future.
Have more success than ever. Brooks was so shit. Would like to see them bring in D'Antoni.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #561 on: April 23, 2015, 04:04:05 am »
It's not dangerous but it's not a basketball play. You have to actually look like you're doing anything other than grabbing a person.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #562 on: April 23, 2015, 04:10:39 am »
Good first quarter by Spurs. More Patty Cakes and switching. Splitter is a big difference too. DeAndre is impressive. He'll get a max contract surely?

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #563 on: April 23, 2015, 04:17:53 am »
Blake is a abusing Diaw with his quickness.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #564 on: April 23, 2015, 05:23:26 am »
Tim Duncan is rolling back the years here. Could do with Parker making a few shots. Big performances from Blake and Kawhi too.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #565 on: April 23, 2015, 05:32:53 am »
Patty Cakes!

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #566 on: April 23, 2015, 05:33:54 am »
Spurs have been better than the Clips just missed open shots. Really make or break quarter here, winner of this takes the series I think.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #567 on: April 23, 2015, 05:50:50 am »
Spurs have been better than the Clips just missed open shots. Really make or break quarter here, winner of this takes the series I think.

I agree, a win here for the Spurs is massive. Hope they can hang on, Patty was really clutch there for a 2-3 minute period and that last bucket from Leonard was unreal.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #568 on: April 23, 2015, 06:06:18 am »
Spurs in unfamiliar territory here. Usually play Patty off Manu. Patty will have to create. Or someone will.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #569 on: April 23, 2015, 06:13:17 am »
Spurs offense turns to treacle. Someone has to drive.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #570 on: April 23, 2015, 06:21:24 am »
Would be very surprised if the Clippers don't win in OT. Patty and Diaw with 2 fouls left. Duncan 1. Spurs messed up with their hacking and fouling. Parker couldn't score but he was penetrating off screens at least. Patty needs to bite the bullet, get ready for some punishment and at least look to drive.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #571 on: April 23, 2015, 06:21:28 am »
Shocking last few minutes for the Spurs, think they actually shot themselves in foot fouling Jordan, lost any momentum they had going for them. So exciting though, delighted there's another 5 mins of it.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #572 on: April 23, 2015, 06:39:37 am »
Duncan, scary. Patty Cakes clutch late. Spurs stole that in the end considering their 4th quarter. Their bench is already stronger and should be better at home. Massive.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #573 on: April 23, 2015, 11:48:44 am »
Duncan, scary. Patty Cakes clutch late. Spurs stole that in the end considering their 4th quarter. Their bench is already stronger and should be better at home. Massive.

Huge win.  Timezones are killing me here in Canada, really want to follow this series but I'm toast by 12AM.  :-\
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #574 on: April 23, 2015, 02:08:30 pm »
I still maintain we should have tanked last season.

We tried, but Lowry was in a contract year.
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #575 on: April 23, 2015, 04:38:09 pm »
We tried, but Lowry was in a contract year.

We should have shipped him to the Knicks for Shump and a pick; Masai played hardball and wanted Hardaway too, if I recall correctly? I'm on my out but I'll check later.  :) I like Kyle but he's a journeyman PG, at the end of the day; he balled out earlier in the season but him and DeMar have been missing when it's mattered most. Shame, really. There were teams that were interested in our pieces - Knicks & Kyle, Doc wanted DeMar (and I'm sure DeMar would go back to LA in a heartbeat) - yet Masai didn't follow through with the game plan. Making the playoffs in the East is no big feat - you just need to look at some of the utter dross competing for a spot this season and last. Just a hunch, obviously, but if we tanked and got a top 3-4 lottery pick, there's no way Wiggins wouldn't end up in TO. And that move would have been bigger than basketball - you and I both know the sports culture here, it would have been wild; his games would be events, no matter how shitty the team is (similar to how McDavid will get covered on CBC next season for the Oilers :D). It's just a shame that we have to watch this mediocre dross served up by Casey and I know, deep down, we could have had something better.

Masai needs to pull a few triggers this summer, get this shit rolling, or his job will be in question.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #576 on: April 23, 2015, 05:46:02 pm »
Masai's job is definitely NOT in question. He has done very well and has left us with great cap space and didn't pull a stupid trigger at the deadline that cost us the flexibility we have going into the offseason.

I do agree, however, that this is the biggest offseason in Raptors history. The thing is, we would have a very difficult time getting any free agents if we had been terrible for the last 2 years.
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #577 on: April 23, 2015, 08:25:16 pm »
Masai's job is definitely NOT in question. He has done very well and has left us with great cap space and didn't pull a stupid trigger at the deadline that cost us the flexibility we have going into the offseason.

I do agree, however, that this is the biggest offseason in Raptors history. The thing is, we would have a very difficult time getting any free agents if we had been terrible for the last 2 years.

We're going to struggle getting solid FAs because of location, though. We need to build through the draft, in my opinion. I'd be fine paying minimum salary and replicating Hinkie's Sixers.  ;D

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
  • Can climb two flights of stairs
« Reply #578 on: April 24, 2015, 04:31:14 am »
We're going to struggle getting solid FAs because of location, though. We need to build through the draft, in my opinion. I'd be fine paying minimum salary and replicating Hinkie's Sixers.  ;D
I remember Jalen Rose saying that American NBA players tend to avoid Toronto because you have to pay taxes for the US and Canada. I feel your pain in Philadelphia. Nice large city, but not quite the flash and flair of a LA, NYC, or Miami. It's very difficult to convince top tier talent to sign on. Getting Elton Brand as a free agent was a big deal here and he was hardly "elite".

At the moment, Anthony Davis and the Pels are dominating the Warriors.

Offline Saint Kopite

• but Greavesie's in the Main Stand
  • Legacy Fan
  • “By what right does the wolf judge the lion?”
« Reply #579 on: April 24, 2015, 05:31:12 am »
No one watching this?

Steph! _/\_
A Liverbird upon my chest, we are the men of Shankly's best. A team that plays the Liverpool way, and wins the championship in May.

Offline Saint Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #580 on: April 24, 2015, 05:37:59 am »
We should have shipped him to the Knicks for Shump and a pick; Masai played hardball and wanted Hardaway too, if I recall correctly? I'm on my out but I'll check later.  :) I like Kyle but he's a journeyman PG, at the end of the day; he balled out earlier in the season but him and DeMar have been missing when it's mattered most. Shame, really. There were teams that were interested in our pieces - Knicks & Kyle, Doc wanted DeMar (and I'm sure DeMar would go back to LA in a heartbeat) - yet Masai didn't follow through with the game plan. Making the playoffs in the East is no big feat - you just need to look at some of the utter dross competing for a spot this season and last. Just a hunch, obviously, but if we tanked and got a top 3-4 lottery pick, there's no way Wiggins wouldn't end up in TO. And that move would have been bigger than basketball - you and I both know the sports culture here, it would have been wild; his games would be events, no matter how shitty the team is (similar to how McDavid will get covered on CBC next season for the Oilers :D). It's just a shame that we have to watch this mediocre dross served up by Casey and I know, deep down, we could have had something better.

Masai needs to pull a few triggers this summer, get this shit rolling, or his job will be in question.

Lowry is very good. I just think the constant injuries late during the season still affecting him. Your biggest issue is the coaching. I mean I knew Casey wasn't good but to get outcoached by Randy Wittman out of all coaches? That is bad!
A Liverbird upon my chest, we are the men of Shankly's best. A team that plays the Liverpool way, and wins the championship in May.

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
  • Can climb two flights of stairs
« Reply #581 on: April 24, 2015, 07:08:06 am »
No one watching this?

Steph! _/\_
Insane finish. Complete collapse from the Pels. Refs were crap down the stretch too.

Offline Legendary_Nines

• Legacy Fan
  • Don't worry, be happy!
« Reply #582 on: April 24, 2015, 07:42:13 am »
Have more success than ever. Brooks was so shit. Would like to see them bring in D'Antoni.

A) Coming from an OKC fan, Brooks was not "so shit". He was a fucking excellent coach who got extremely unlucky with key injuries at bad times (I can go through this in more depth if  you want). He may not have been great at setting offensive plays at the end game phase but no one coach is amazing at every aspect of coaching. Classic response from someone who's only watched an occasional OKC game though.

I personally wish him all the best and hope he gets another gig in the NBA. Also no thanks to D'Antoni

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #583 on: April 24, 2015, 09:47:45 am »
A) Coming from an OKC fan, Brooks was not "so shit". He was a fucking excellent coach who got extremely unlucky with key injuries at bad times (I can go through this in more depth if  you want). He may not have been great at setting offensive plays at the end game phase but no one coach is amazing at every aspect of coaching. Classic response from someone who's only watched an occasional OKC game though.

I personally wish him all the best and hope he gets another gig in the NBA. Also no thanks to D'Antoni
You're right, 'so shit' is wrong, that was a dumb flippant comment and he's not. He's also not excellent. He was pretty good, not good enough for the talent level he had, which is a high bar because he had insane talent at his disposal, though he did a good job of developing them to that level. You might not like D'Antoni but he's definitely a better offensive coach than Brooks. As smarter people have said and written, if you like San Antonio and GSW's offense then you like D'Antoni's offense considering how heavily they borrow from him. Lowe spoke about Gentry being looked at and that too would be good to see.

I'm excited for a new coach in OKC.

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #584 on: April 24, 2015, 10:49:05 am »
Raptors really need to wake up tonight, still keeping the faith. A win tonight and take the series in 7.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #585 on: April 24, 2015, 01:19:02 pm »
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #586 on: April 24, 2015, 03:44:14 pm »

Thats an older myth. Toronto is a party city, seen by all the players on the Leafs and Raps that are raging alcoholics and coke abusers.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #587 on: April 25, 2015, 02:41:17 am »
Lol Harden complaining about a ref's call.

Offline Saint Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #588 on: April 25, 2015, 04:40:38 am »
Spurs have just annihilated Clippers here. Start of the fourth quarter and the Clippers haven't even scored 50 points. Unreal defense by Spurs!

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #589 on: April 26, 2015, 10:51:31 pm »
Diaw need to stop passing up open shots.

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #590 on: April 26, 2015, 11:14:59 pm »
Big win, that.

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #591 on: April 27, 2015, 12:52:56 am »
Down 16 at HT.

Fuck off, Casey, you dickhead.

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #592 on: April 27, 2015, 02:11:56 am »
Pathetic, utterly pathetic.

Fuck off.

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #593 on: April 27, 2015, 02:13:32 am »
Remember when Whittman was the worst coach in the NBA 2 weeks ago? Wonder what that says about Casey?  :lmao :jong

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #594 on: April 27, 2015, 03:19:50 pm »
Didnt even watch after the half. Pathetic showing.

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #595 on: April 27, 2015, 03:25:43 pm »
Didnt even watch after the half. Pathetic showing.

#WeTheQuit

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #596 on: April 27, 2015, 04:07:41 pm »
Being outclassed by a team coached by a dude who cant use a clipboard must be pretty bleak. This current Raps nucleus seems destined to peak as a 5-seed, first round exit kind of team, Ujiri might as well decide to blow the team up and restart from scratch, since Toronto isnt a top FA destination and the Raptors are unlikely to attract a difference maker in free agency.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #597 on: April 27, 2015, 05:56:37 pm »

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #598 on: April 28, 2015, 12:36:40 am »
League is taking the piss with those suspensions. Olynyk shouldn't have got a thing and JR should have got at least 5. The two aren't even comparable yet it's 1 and 2 games respectively.

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #599 on: April 28, 2015, 01:04:05 am »
League is taking the piss with those suspensions. Olynyk shouldn't have got a thing and JR should have got at least 5. The two aren't even comparable yet it's 1 and 2 games respectively.

Agreed. The NBA should have thrown the book at him, particularly considering his past of trying to turn Dragic into a paraplegic and attempting an MMA elbow on Sefolosha