Author Topic: NBA Season 2014/15  (Read 57455 times)

Offline jerseyhoya

• Would love to get some of that Cock money
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NBA Season 2014/15
« Reply #400 on: December 24, 2014, 03:36:39 am »
The 1-2-3-4-5-SIXERS won tonight to move out of last place (by games back, not by winning %) ahead of the New York Knickerbockers

Offline Saint Kopite

• but Greavesie's in the Main Stand
  • Legacy Fan
  • “By what right does the wolf judge the lion?”
« Reply #401 on: December 24, 2014, 02:51:25 pm »
Did you guys see Swaggy P's quote about today's win? ;D

“Some guys played like ‘Django Unchained.’ They were free tonight”

:lmao :lmao :lmao
A Liverbird upon my chest, we are the men of Shankly's best. A team that plays the Liverpool way, and wins the championship in May.

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #402 on: December 24, 2014, 03:07:20 pm »
14. Los Angeles Lakers

"The league’s vaudeville freak show rolls on, with Kobe Bryant upchucking one of the very worst games you’ll ever see from a high-volume scorer Sunday against the Kings — an 8-of-30 festival of contested 22-footers, with nine Kobe turnovers tossed in as a free sideshow.

Opponents have outscored the Lakers by 13.3 points per 100 possessions with Bryant on the floor, per NBA.com. The Lakers have flipped that figure almost on its head when Kobe sits, destroying teams by about 11 points per 100 possessions. The sample size is small, and Bryant is going up against top opposing units as a starter for a terrible team; Jordan Hill and Wesley Johnson, the Lakers’ other full-time starters, also have ugly splits by this metric.

But they’re not as ugly as Kobe’s, and the Lakers’ positive scoring margin without him is massive — about equivalent to Golden State’s league-best mark. Bryant leads the league in shot attempts and usage rate. He is shooting 37 percent. No one in NBA history has faced so little accountability. It is absurd on its face. Bryant has hijacked the entire organization."

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-nbas-western-conference-power-rankings/
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline Saint Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: December 24, 2014, 06:24:14 pm »
Looks like Josh Smith is edging towards Houston.

A starting five of Dwight - Josh - Ariza - Harden - Beverley is quite scary provided its not the Josh we saw at Detroit and more closer to the Josh we saw at Hawks.
A Liverbird upon my chest, we are the men of Shankly's best. A team that plays the Liverpool way, and wins the championship in May.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #404 on: December 25, 2014, 01:55:48 am »
14. Los Angeles Lakers

"The league’s vaudeville freak show rolls on, with Kobe Bryant upchucking one of the very worst games you’ll ever see from a high-volume scorer Sunday against the Kings — an 8-of-30 festival of contested 22-footers, with nine Kobe turnovers tossed in as a free sideshow.

Opponents have outscored the Lakers by 13.3 points per 100 possessions with Bryant on the floor, per NBA.com. The Lakers have flipped that figure almost on its head when Kobe sits, destroying teams by about 11 points per 100 possessions. The sample size is small, and Bryant is going up against top opposing units as a starter for a terrible team; Jordan Hill and Wesley Johnson, the Lakers’ other full-time starters, also have ugly splits by this metric.

But they’re not as ugly as Kobe’s, and the Lakers’ positive scoring margin without him is massive — about equivalent to Golden State’s league-best mark. Bryant leads the league in shot attempts and usage rate. He is shooting 37 percent. No one in NBA history has faced so little accountability. It is absurd on its face. Bryant has hijacked the entire organization."

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-nbas-western-conference-power-rankings/

Zach is something else. Arguably the smartest analyst/sportswriter around.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: December 25, 2014, 11:19:54 am »
Woj reporting that Josh Smith will sign for Houston on a 1 year-2M deal.

Also, very bad news for Cleveland, as Varejao os out for the season with a torn Achilles tendon.

Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #406 on: December 25, 2014, 02:09:14 pm »
Part of the clause probably includes $5000 3-pointer fines for every misses.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #407 on: January 3, 2015, 01:07:38 am »
Rondo returns to Boston to shoot 5/5 in the first quarter including a three at the buzzer.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: January 3, 2015, 03:58:08 am »
the knicks are 5-30?! did i just read that right? :lmao

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: January 3, 2015, 01:07:02 pm »
16 pts, 11 boards and 13 assists for Draymond Green last night in the Dubs' win over Toronto.

Love the guy, he's arguably the best unheralded/"obscure" player in the league. Many casual NBA followers don't even seem to know he exists, but he's definitely one of the most complete players in the whole league. Defends two positions at a very high level, unbelievable effort, crashes the boards, excellent shooter, good eye for a pass. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if he goes on to become this generation's Bob Horry.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: January 3, 2015, 01:14:50 pm »
the knicks are 5-30?! did i just read that right? :lmao
#1 Draft pick.

Yeah baby. :thumbup
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: January 3, 2015, 01:20:33 pm »
16 pts, 11 boards and 13 assists for Draymond Green last night in the Dubs' win over Toronto.

Love the guy, he's arguably the best unheralded/"obscure" player in the league. Many casual NBA followers don't even seem to know he exists, but he's definitely one of the most complete players in the whole league. Defends two positions at a very high level, unbelievable effort, crashes the boards, excellent shooter, good eye for a pass. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if he goes on to become this generation's Bob Horry.
Yeah he's very handy. One of those ones who originally got on the floor because he played D but as he's found his 3 point range he's turned very valuable and has allowed him to show off his brain too. I think I recall one coach having a funny shot at him saying GSW must have scouted him from the Mich State football team from the way he goes about his basketball. Tough, smart, unselfish, definitely someone who could play on a championship team.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #412 on: January 3, 2015, 03:43:01 pm »

Man we got crushed yesterday. Hard to watch considering how good we've been. News yesterday that Derozan is practising again made it an easier pill to swallow.
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Offline Saint Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: January 4, 2015, 05:42:33 am »

I love him. He was always a good player but he has elevated his game under Kerr. Not sure about the Big Shot Bob comparisons but Draymond reminds of Shane Battier.

Offline Saint Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: January 6, 2015, 02:47:34 am »
Ok. Mental Three-Way Trade.

Cleveland Cavaliers:- Iman Shumpert, JR Smith, OKC's First Round Pick.

New York Knicks:- Alex Kirk, Lance Thomas, Lou Amundson.

OKC:- Dion Waiters.

Offline IndianRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Derp Derp
« Reply #415 on: January 6, 2015, 08:52:37 am »
Cleveland get the elite perimeter defender they've been craving for, as well as a decent outside threat. They only need a rim protector now to stand any chance in the playoffs.

Knicks are in full on rebuild mode and should waive those three players.

The deal makes no sense to me from OKC's perspective however. Waiters is a ball-stopping offensive player and that has been OKC's major issue all the while under Brooks having Westbrook and Durant together on the floor. If they think they're getting a Harden-lite player, they're badly mistaken.

Offline bakstabba

• Lord, what fools these mortals be!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: January 6, 2015, 12:16:49 pm »
Cleveland get the elite perimeter defender they've been craving for, as well as a decent outside threat. They only need a rim protector now to stand any chance in the playoffs.

Knicks are in full on rebuild mode and should waive those three players.

The deal makes no sense to me from OKC's perspective however. Waiters is a ball-stopping offensive player and that has been OKC's major issue all the while under Brooks having Westbrook and Durant together on the floor. If they think they're getting a Harden-lite player, they're badly mistaken.

I think it makes a lot of sense from OKC to be honest.

They get a player who still has a lot of upside in a position they don't get very much offence from. Yes Waiters has had issues with chucking up a lot of shots but these are habits that are built up in losing teams with no leadership in the past. It's still a punt, yes, but OKC have lost absolutely nothing really in the trade. Lance Thomas and maybe a 2nd rounder or something? Please.

There's upside in this for OKC. And they get Reggie Jackson insurance when Reggie tests the market next year to see if someone will overpay him.

At worst, Roberson continues to start for them and Morrow comes on for shooting if Waiters completely flops.

The move does make the most sense for Cleveland though. They get a decent 6th man scorer, an upside defender, and still some wriggle room to pick up a rim protecter like even Dalembert that got waived or Koufos etc.
Socrates did have a habit of polarising opinion, as does Lucas. Lucas is also good at hemming opponents in and locking them into difficult situations.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: January 6, 2015, 01:28:26 pm »
I really don't like the deal for OKC. Waiters is a poisonous influence in the dressing room, and he's just a chucker. He has no team-playing ability and poor effort. I don't think he'll be starting either, with Jackson and Roberson already competing for minutes at the 2-spot. I guess this means that OKC's cheapskate owners will refuse to pay Jackson and let him walk in the summer. Those cheap bastards got their franchise and relocation by the league on a silver platter and yet they refuse to spend. I'll be laughing if the whole thing blows up iun their face and Durant walks at the end of next season.

Offline Saint Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: January 7, 2015, 02:18:03 am »
Its a great trade for the Cavs. They are basically getting three players from Dion's trade, out of which two would definitely improve them in Shumpert and the big which they would get before the trade deadline. Dion is a very talented player and can be a good defender when he puts in the shift but that has been the problem. He has these mood swings which makes him a very unpredictable and frustrating player. When he is on his game, he will put up goo numbers in the offense and do a good job on defense like he did against Wade in the Christmas game. But then there are games like his last two games before he left where he jacks up shots from ridiculous angles and switches off many times on the defense.

I won't call Shumpert an elite premieter defender. He used to be a very good defender before he tore his ACL in 2012. Since then, he hasn't shown that kind of athleticism or the defense but in spite of all that, he is still a good defender and is a massive upgrade on anyone Cavs have currently except LeBron in terms of the defensive contribution.

As for JR Smith, well, bad case scenario, he will have the same output as Dion has been having till now by shooting around .40 from the field and scoring 10-12 points off the bench but if the Cavs can somehow sort him out and make him the player he was a couple of years ago, when he won the NBA Sixth Man Of The Year, they will getting a really good player coming off the bench to give them some bite. Also, I read this stat, that JR Smith was amongst the top five catch and shoot players in the league from beyond the arc. With LeBron there, he will get plenty of space to catch and shoot.

The first round pick from OKC which would be very important for them as well as they can used it to get a big rim-protector which they desperately need. They are rumoured to be pushing hard for Mozgov. I haven't wtached him play a lot but from the little I have seen, he seems much better than having TT there or even Andy this season who was quite underwhelming before his injury.

Offline Saint Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: January 7, 2015, 02:20:01 am »
I really don't like the deal for OKC. Waiters is a poisonous influence in the dressing room, and he's just a chucker. He has no team-playing ability and poor effort. I don't think he'll be starting either, with Jackson and Roberson already competing for minutes at the 2-spot. I guess this means that OKC's cheapskate owners will refuse to pay Jackson and let him walk in the summer. Those cheap bastards got their franchise and relocation by the league on a silver platter and yet they refuse to spend. I'll be laughing if the whole thing blows up iun their face and Durant walks at the end of next season.

I am not sure about the trade from OKC perspective as well. They are apparently expecting him to do the role James Harden did for them in the 2011-12 season but they are bound to be disappointed big time. Dion likes to be the main man and while he can do well coming off the bench with their second unit, I am not sure what he would add with their iso-offense with KD and Russ already being there.

Offline IndianRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Derp Derp
« Reply #420 on: January 8, 2015, 06:48:40 am »
Cavs sign Mozgov and trade away two future first round picks to Memphis. Mozgov is a pretty decent squad player and has prior experience working with Blatt. This should help bring some much needed inside protection for the Cavs and free up Love in the paint. Irving-Shumpert-James-Love-Mozgov is a pretty good starting line-up with Smith, Marion, Thompson, Miller and Dellavedova coming off the bench. Still not a patch on some of the squads in the West though. Ideally, the Cavs would probably be a big enough threat only next season when everyone has had a chance to settle and learn Blatt's system better. And an early post-season exit is probably what LeBron's body needs right now too after four consecutive Finals trips.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: January 11, 2015, 12:30:17 am »
Trevor Booker over the head shot: Utah Jazz at Oklahoma City Thunder

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/051qhS38_nQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/051qhS38_nQ</a>
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Saint Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: January 11, 2015, 05:05:58 am »
Cavs sign Mozgov and trade away two future first round picks to Memphis. Mozgov is a pretty decent squad player and has prior experience working with Blatt. This should help bring some much needed inside protection for the Cavs and free up Love in the paint. Irving-Shumpert-James-Love-Mozgov is a pretty good starting line-up with Smith, Marion, Thompson, Miller and Dellavedova coming off the bench. Still not a patch on some of the squads in the West though. Ideally, the Cavs would probably be a big enough threat only next season when everyone has had a chance to settle and learn Blatt's system better. And an early post-season exit is probably what LeBron's body needs right now too after four consecutive Finals trips.

I'm not at all sure about Blatt. There has hardly been any evidence of his system. More than anything, rotations have been ridiculous. Also, LeBron is apparently not a big fan of him. I don't think they can defeat Chicago but they are definitely much better now than they were a week ago. All three of Shumpert, JR Smith and Mozgov are upgrades for them and now they can battle it out with more balanced teams like Toronto, Washington and Atlanta. I am expecting them to go till the conference finals and then lose to the Bulls. Then, I am sure they would replace Blatt with a proven coach in the NBA.

Offline Saint Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: January 12, 2015, 07:35:00 am »
Cavs lose again. They are 1 and 9 without LeBron. Can't see Blatt lasting if they lose to Suns.

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: January 12, 2015, 08:05:54 pm »
so remember when i was arguing that kevin love wasn't a top elite player yet ;)

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
  • Can climb two flights of stairs
« Reply #425 on: January 13, 2015, 02:30:08 am »
Is that you Blatt? I agree with you though.

KG just Zidaned Dwight.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #426 on: January 15, 2015, 04:00:55 pm »

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: January 15, 2015, 09:21:28 pm »

He was truly awful against the Suns. So weak defensively.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Scribble8

• Bad WUM. Nu hållar sin käft, jävla wumjävel......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: January 15, 2015, 11:51:16 pm »

Kevin Love is a fantastic player! It's just a terrible fit.

Right now it's a dysfunctional team were players are doing their best to get Blatt fired... I wonder who their next coach will be. Mark Jackson? I would like to see that.

Offline jerseyhoya

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: January 17, 2015, 06:46:50 am »
In their past 27 games the Hawks have gained 24 games on the Knicks in the standings

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #431 on: January 17, 2015, 06:31:36 pm »
Man, the Hawks fucking slaughtered us last night. We have lost all our mojo and Dero has come back. We need to make a move for some rim protection. But I cant think of any good 4, bar David West, that we can make a play for.

Offline Saint Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: January 19, 2015, 04:10:14 am »
Yes. Your frontcourt is slightly underwhelming which is why I don't consider Raptors amongst the top four teams in the East. The loss to Pelicans who were without Davis was a big blow as well.

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: January 19, 2015, 05:27:46 am »
Man, the Hawks fucking slaughtered us last night. We have lost all our mojo and Dero has come back. We need to make a move for some rim protection. But I cant think of any good 4, bar David West, that we can make a play for.

The offence is broken. No movement, constant ISO's. Defensively we've been poor for a while and Lowry isn't playing like he was a couple weeks ago. Tough loss this afternoon, too.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #434 on: January 19, 2015, 03:08:12 pm »
From a Popovich press conference exchange with reporter:

He's the greatest
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: January 19, 2015, 08:39:01 pm »
Except that he doesn't know a triangle has 3 sides. "The" two sides??

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: January 20, 2015, 04:00:47 am »
NBA League Pass free trial until January 25th!

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #437 on: January 20, 2015, 04:25:54 am »
People said that James Harden was the weakness in my last NBA draft team....

Seems I was right.

Offline jerseyhoya

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: January 24, 2015, 06:00:19 am »
Klay Thompson 13-13; 9-9 from 3; 37 points

IN THE THIRD QUARTER

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
  • Can climb two flights of stairs
« Reply #439 on: January 24, 2015, 06:30:15 am »
Klay Thompson 13-13; 9-9 from 3; 37 points

IN THE THIRD QUARTER
Filth.

Let's look back at some of the talent drafted before him: Jimmer, Bismack Biyombo and Jan Vesely.