Author Topic: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here  (Read 2521877 times)

Offline Jonny5

• .... . .-.. .-.. ---
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 97 ynwa 39
Re: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here
« Reply #7280 on: September 14, 2016, 11:43:53 am »
if the raised section is hospitality then they should of run it the full length and made it not so wide, simple really.
When you walk through a storm hold your head up high and dont be afraid of the dark

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7281 on: September 14, 2016, 11:44:54 am »
if the raised section is hospitality then they should of run it the full length and made it not so wide, simple really.

Or just raise the sections which aren't hospitality too. Shouldn't be too hard to do that I expect.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #7282 on: September 14, 2016, 01:13:40 pm »

I would think the reason they didn't do that is they would want hospitality views to be more central and not at the ends. You don't pay good money to be stuck down at the end overlooking the goal line.

Or just raise the sections which aren't hospitality too. Shouldn't be too hard to do that I expect.

Yep, they could have done that but maybe they didn't want to re-profile the ends because that would have meant that those seated at the ends who can't afford the hospitality seats would have benefitted from the extra leg room etc.
In hindsight the answer could have been to do this and charge just a little more for the extra legroom at the ends but without the hospitality.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 01:15:53 pm by redprodigal »

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7283 on: September 14, 2016, 01:15:30 pm »
Yep, they could have done that but maybe they didn't want to re-profile the ends because that would have meant that those seated at the ends who can't afford the hospitality seats would have benefitted from the extra leg room etc.

Would probably be able to raise it without adding additional leg room.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7284 on: September 14, 2016, 01:17:11 pm »
Would probably be able to raise it without adding additional leg room.

Possibly, not sure.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #7285 on: September 14, 2016, 01:21:14 pm »
I would think the reason they didn't do that is they would want hospitality views to be more central and not at the ends. You don't pay good money to be stuck down at the end overlooking the goal line.

Yeah, who wants to see goals! Never understood the fascination with seats on the halfway line, nothing happens there.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7286 on: September 14, 2016, 01:23:01 pm »
Yeah, who wants to see goals! Never understood the fascination with seats on the halfway line, nothing happens there.

Because you're equal distance from both goals, rather than being close to one goal and miles from the other!

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #7287 on: September 14, 2016, 01:39:04 pm »

If you want to see the whole game then around the centre line and halfway back is perfect. If you want to go mental when we score - behind the goal. I like both for different reasons. If I was paying top dollar and taking clients to the match then centre line halfway back would be my choice.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7288 on: September 14, 2016, 01:50:10 pm »
Well you're welcome to em lads.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Jonny5

• .... . .-.. .-.. ---
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 97 ynwa 39
« Reply #7289 on: September 14, 2016, 05:04:04 pm »
There are obstructed views at the ARE because of the roof support which will hopefully be sorted very soon but to actually build obstructed views into the stand is just crazy.

When you walk through a storm hold your head up high and dont be afraid of the dark

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #7290 on: September 14, 2016, 05:16:25 pm »
There are obstructed views at the ARE because of the roof support which will hopefully be sorted very soon but to actually build obstructed views into the stand is just crazy.

Matchday revenue would be the obvious driver; if you can have say 100 seats that are at the 9 quid price point that people are willing to occupy then the club would expect additional revenue from that occupant - be it beer, food or merchandise.  That 9 quid obstructed seat potentially becomes a 50 quid income to the club.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7291 on: September 14, 2016, 08:41:51 pm »
I've said this before, but this picture (Credit Portobello Red on SSC) has me convinced that the new Anfield Road stand will be set back a few metres deeper.  That way, the corner entrance between Main Stand and ARE is widened for improved access and the pitch can be lengthened - this will bring the half-way line into alignment with the tunnel.  Will improve sight lines as well in my opinion.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #7292 on: September 14, 2016, 08:43:16 pm »
I've said this before, but this picture (Credit Portobello Red on SSC) has me convinced that the new Anfield Road stand will be set back a few metres deeper.  That way, the corner entrance between Main Stand and ARE is widened for improved access and the pitch can be lengthened - this will bring the half-way line into alignment with the tunnel.  Will improve sight lines as well in my opinion.

Given that the bottom of the ARE will be the bottom of the new stand, I find that highly unlikely.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7293 on: September 14, 2016, 08:51:25 pm »
You don't think they'll rebuild the ARE from scratch and move it back at the same time then?
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7294 on: September 14, 2016, 09:17:33 pm »
That would be a hell of a lot of work wouldn't it? And a much higher cost. They'd have to demolish the whole stand just to rebuild?

Offline exiledintheUSA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7295 on: September 14, 2016, 09:25:47 pm »
You don't think they'll rebuild the ARE from scratch and move it back at the same time then?

I just can't see it; the cost overheads would be huge.  Add to that the time needed for a full demo and rebuild - we'd probably be looking at 2 years, that would be two years back down to a capacity of 45K.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7296 on: September 14, 2016, 09:38:31 pm »

No - haven't you read the planning application?

And rebuilding means you effectively lose a whole load of seats*. The lower tier of the new main stand holds almost as many as the whole of the Centenary because the seat spacing is tighter. Rebuild from scratch and you'd probably end up with only a couple of thousand additional seats.

The reason why we have a Skyscraper City thread is because most on there haven't got a clue what they're talking about.

There are a whole load of reasons why it's a bad idea.

*as has been pointed out, it's idiotic to increase the capacity to 54,000 then drop it back down to 45,000 for two seasons just to extend the pitch a few feet.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 09:42:17 pm by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7297 on: September 14, 2016, 09:43:44 pm »

Read it again. I was talking about corporate fans.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7298 on: September 14, 2016, 09:46:11 pm »
Matchday revenue would be the obvious driver; if you can have say 100 seats that are at the 9 quid price point that people are willing to occupy then the club would expect additional revenue from that occupant - be it beer, food or merchandise.  That 9 quid obstructed seat potentially becomes a 50 quid income to the club.

You think a local lad waiting for the few £9 tickets is going to spend £45 a match in the bars and club shop?

It's a mutual benefit. The club fill the stand and a few hundred locals get in for £9 quid.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline exiledintheUSA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7299 on: September 14, 2016, 09:53:16 pm »
You think a local lad waiting for the few £9 tickets is going to spend £45 a match in the bars and club shop?

It's a mutual benefit. The club fill the stand and a few hundred locals get in for £9 quid.

Probably not but I guess we're hoping that those 9 quid tickets stay in the hands of the 'L' postcode people.  if they do then you are right that any additional revenue will be a moot point, bar maybe a few quid for a beer and a pie.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #7300 on: September 14, 2016, 11:43:03 pm »

Hope you're right mate. Be good for the chance to get the pitch lengthened if the desire to do so is there (and meet the UEFA requirements too?)

Hopefully there'll be no - or very few - restricted views seats in a new Anfield Road End too :)

Some great pics up on SSC of the interiors of the new Main Stand - always worth a visit.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #7301 on: September 15, 2016, 12:00:34 am »
Probably not but I guess we're hoping that those 9 quid tickets stay in the hands of the 'L' postcode people.  if they do then you are right that any additional revenue will be a moot point, bar maybe a few quid for a beer and a pie.

Am surprised the club didn't make it a requirement that the locals who get the £9 seats get Memberships for their seats as a way of getting in more money (obviously glad they didn't).

It maybe that many of the local fans who get the £9 tickets may not be spending much in the ground - but there'll likely be a fair number visiting the local chippy, takeaway or  corner shop etc - so a bit more money is at least going to the local businesses :)

BTW - are all the £9 tickets available for locals seats with restricted views?
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline proudred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7302 on: September 15, 2016, 09:49:22 am »
BBC article stating we won't meet the the access requirements for disabled fans.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7303 on: September 15, 2016, 10:09:28 am »
BBC article stating up to a third of premier league clubs won't meet the the access requirements for disabled fans.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7304 on: September 15, 2016, 10:12:18 am »
Read it again. I was talking about corporate fans.

So? Do they have some special fascination with watching kick-off?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Jonny-B

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7305 on: September 15, 2016, 10:33:43 am »
BBC article stating we won't meet the the access requirements for disabled fans.

It was never going to be the case. The Anny Road when done will bring us into line with the correct amount of Disabled seats.

Offline MarkR

• Main Stander
« Reply #7306 on: September 15, 2016, 10:38:15 am »
Any pics of the current exterior work going on at both ends?

On a separate note why do we have access points (at pitch level) at 3 corners of the ground? - commit to just one for the various equipment that needs access to the pitch, 3 seems overkill. I know the practise goals and stewards use the main/ARE one but I don't believe the general crowd do (correct me if I'm wrong). Other large grounds don't if memory serves correctly

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7307 on: September 15, 2016, 10:39:41 am »
Any pics of the current exterior work going on at both ends?

On a separate note why do we have access points (at pitch level) at 3 corners of the ground? - commit to just one for the various equipment that needs access to the pitch, 3 seems overkill. I know the practise goals and stewards use the main/ARE one but I don't believe the general crowd do (correct me if I'm wrong). Other large grounds don't if memory serves correctly

Is it not to do with exits in an emergency, as well as access for emergency services if required?

Offline MarkR

• Main Stander
« Reply #7308 on: September 15, 2016, 12:20:34 pm »
Is it not to do with exits in an emergency, as well as access for emergency services if required?

It may well be but other large grounds don't require three corner access/exit points ... Eg old Trafford. It just strikes me as an inefficient waste of seating space

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7309 on: September 15, 2016, 12:24:15 pm »
It may well be but other large grounds don't require three corner access/exit points ... Eg old Trafford. It just strikes me as an inefficient waste of seating space

You really wouldn't get much extra seating, and corners are notoriously bad for seats anyway. Plus could well mean more exits are required elsewhere on the stand, where views are decent, so you'd lose capacity there.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7310 on: September 15, 2016, 12:35:34 pm »
So? Do they have some special fascination with watching kick-off?

I take it you're not as thick as you sound so I'll smile at that one.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7311 on: September 15, 2016, 01:18:28 pm »

I read somewhere that the halfway line wasn't in line with the tunnel because that lets them put it in line with the home bench instead, so our coaching staff get a slightly better view than the opposing management.

Are they doing more work to the internals between matches then?

I've been invited to another test even on Tuesday to help them test out improvements to the matchday experience, so I guess so.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7312 on: September 15, 2016, 01:22:22 pm »
I read somewhere that the halfway line wasn't in line with the tunnel because that lets them put it in line with the home bench instead, so our coaching staff get a slightly better view than the opposing management.

I've been invited to another test even on Tuesday to help them test out improvements to the matchday experience, so I guess so.
Where was my invite the cheeky sods

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7313 on: September 15, 2016, 01:26:21 pm »
Where was my invite the cheeky sods
I told 'em you only wanted to come coz you'd heard there's a Level 308 Charizard in the Player's Lounge, so they ripped up your invite.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #7314 on: September 15, 2016, 04:04:53 pm »
It was never going to be the case. The Anny Road when done will bring us into line with the correct amount of Disabled seats.

No mate, unfortunately it won't.

The new Anfield Road End will see Anfield meet 100% of the minimum number requirement for wheelchair users.

The new Anfield Road End will only see Anfield meet 72% of the minimum number requirement for disabled fans.

http://northgate.liverpool.gov.uk/DocumentExplorer/Application/folderview.aspx?type=MVMPRD_DC_PLANAPP&key=898733

^ 'The D1 1 Design and Access Statement' pdf - Section 7 (pages 32 to 35 of the document) on the link above has the info.

When the new Main Stand is ready:-

"This would take the overall number in the stadium up from 115 in the summer 2014 to 193 at the end
of Phase 1 giving an improved 81% compliance with the Accessible Stadia recommended minimum
number of 238." (for wheelchair users)

When the proposed (and likely) new Anfield Road End is ready:-

"This would take the overall number in the stadium up from 193 at the end of Phase 1 to 248 at the end of Phase 2 giving a 100% compliance with the Accessible Stadia recommended minimum number." (for wheelchair users)

Amenity Seating (When the proposed - and likely - new Anfield Road End is ready):-

"A total of 60 amenity standard seats with minimised stepped access, wider seat spacing and deeper
row depths for taller, bigger or visually impaired spectators would be provided at the back of the existing
lower tier. This would take the overall number in the stadium up from 120 at the end of Phase 1 to 180
at the end of Phase 2 giving a 72% compliance with the Accessible Stadia recommended minimum
number.

An agreed number of these seats would be allocated to visibility impaired spectators (with spaces for
assistance dogs), and also to those hard of hearing (with audio-frequency induction loop facilities)."

« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 04:29:27 pm by oojason »

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #7315 on: September 15, 2016, 05:39:35 pm »
One thing I don't understand is why don't they put the away disabled fans in front of the away end? Could easily make up the 100% with the whole of the ARE front being given to disabled fans

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7316 on: September 15, 2016, 05:43:29 pm »
One thing I don't understand is why don't they put the away disabled fans in front of the away end? Could easily make up the 100% with the whole of the ARE front being given to disabled fans

At a total guess, I imagine the amount of disabled fans away clubs bring varies to a massive degree. So rather than have disabled spaces there which would go unused for many games (and not wanting to put our own fans in with the away fans) it's easier to not have any disabled spots and then allocated away disabled fans a space somewhere else.

Offline YNWAArkAngel

• Main Stander
  • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
« Reply #7317 on: September 16, 2016, 07:47:57 pm »

to put disabled away fans behind away fans too much hassle as it mean losing abt 1 rows of seats and in need to pour concrete to raise the platform level as there is a step down. with new phase 2 of anfield rd coming soon i have no doubt the front row will raise and lose 1 row during phase 2 plan. 

this pic will give u an idea (click pic to expand)

Mav

JFT 96
YNWA

Offline Nottsred

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7318 on: September 18, 2016, 07:59:00 am »
Mods not sure if this is the place but it is worth highlighting that at 8pm tonight on LFC TV there is a one hour programming highlighting the history of Anfield.

The programme will cover various points in history including great nights and also the new stand being built showing unique time lapse footage from InsideOut filming.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7319 on: September 18, 2016, 11:05:45 am »

This is from the last redevelopment.

Jurgen YNWA