Author Topic: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here  (Read 2521884 times)

Offline 18X5

• Main Stander
Re: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here
« Reply #7200 on: September 11, 2016, 10:55:54 am »
Where is the beat lounge situated????
How do you get in it???
Only seen it advertised with hotel packages

Offline unclebob

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • NEVER buy the s*n
« Reply #7201 on: September 11, 2016, 11:13:35 am »
Looks like that was taken by somebody not in their seat, surely?

Yep just looked on the 360 view and that's taken from the other side of that wall, what's the point in posting that?
No that is take from the stand. It's next to the hospitality section which is raised, if you don't stand up that is the view if the play is anywhere near the main stand.
If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #7202 on: September 11, 2016, 11:31:22 am »
Well it is when the bellends are contributing nothing to the atmosphere.

They don't, but they contribute to the wage bill. If the 45,000 in normal seats can't make a decent noise, it's not entirely the fault of the 7000 corporates, is it?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline MJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • Said It's High Green mate, Via Hillsborough please
« Reply #7203 on: September 11, 2016, 11:32:38 am »
what? is this another trick with camera phone to get attention

Looks like the person taking this picture is actually coming out of the stairway. As if you look at the concrete wall you'd expect to see another one or the top of it behind it, there isn't.
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MattyJohnson8

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #7204 on: September 11, 2016, 11:44:53 am »
6 stewards walked out before kick off cos they can't see the game now.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #7205 on: September 11, 2016, 11:55:20 am »
Looks like the person taking this picture is actually coming out of the stairway. As if you look at the concrete wall you'd expect to see another one or the top of it behind it, there isn't.

don't think that is the case mate - look at this pic, and you can see the grey wall is from the pic uncle bob posted - and also how elevated the Premium/Corporate seats are in comparison to the 'normal' seats which are next to it - and how difficult/restricted the view may be sat there:-

a shame the elevated position wasn't continued all the way across to the end of the stand to try and minimise the restricted views for those sat next to it.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 11:58:16 am by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline unclebob

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • NEVER buy the s*n
« Reply #7206 on: September 11, 2016, 12:05:49 pm »
don't think that is the case mate - look at this pic, and you can see the grey wall is from the pic uncle bob posted - and also how elevated the Premium/Corporate seats are in comparison to the 'normal' seats which are next to it - and how difficult/restricted the view may be sat there:-

a shame the elevated position wasn't continued all the way across to the end of the stand to try and minimise the restricted views for those sat next to it.
Indeed, and you can see 'Unclebob' in that photo, sadly you can't see that the section to my right is slightly raised which is the problem, if I don't grow another foot taller to be nearer 7 foot I won't see much football this season.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7207 on: September 11, 2016, 12:25:27 pm »
We will fill that every single match IMO. Can't see phase 2 not going ahead, surely it will?
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Zach2k

• Main Stander
« Reply #7208 on: September 11, 2016, 12:31:43 pm »
Is our new main stand steeper than other stands in the PL?

Offline JohnOK

• Main Stander
« Reply #7209 on: September 11, 2016, 12:32:14 pm »
My season ticket is in U5, row 84 and the view was brilliant. I've sat everywhere in the ground and this was pretty much my favourite view so far.

Atmosphere was great, whether the main standers will be this up for it every game remains to be seen but a great start.

It was relatively quick getting out after the game too.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7210 on: September 11, 2016, 12:32:56 pm »

Should hopefully be an easy fix by elevating those seats too.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #7211 on: September 11, 2016, 12:39:07 pm »
Indeed, and you can see 'Unclebob' in that photo, sadly you can't see that the section to my right is slightly raised which is the problem, if I don't grow another foot taller to be nearer 7 foot I won't see much football this season.

How much was your ticket mate - was it marked as restricted view when you bought it? Either way - that's a shite view.

You'll be really done for if the Corporates sat next to you join in the atmosphere and stand during a game.

Did you not use the 'lift' button on your seat? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8J1Wpn9uJs ;)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7212 on: September 11, 2016, 02:02:53 pm »
Was in U1 row 74 and the only bit I couldn't see was the Anfield Road/Centenary corner flag. Probably one of the better Ł9 tickets. Great atmosphere as well.

Went the toilets before kick off and the taps weren't working though.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #7213 on: September 11, 2016, 02:59:28 pm »

That's fucking scandalous. What idiot designed a new stand with views like that's? People in that area won't be able to see half the pitch. Unbelievable.

Offline Garry_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7214 on: September 11, 2016, 03:06:40 pm »
Was at the game yesterday but just catching it on MOTD. Can definitely see a difference in the tv camera angle although it's not as high as some feared.

My ST had been moved to U4, gonna be cold up there come winter!

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7215 on: September 11, 2016, 03:18:47 pm »
I was in the Lower Centenary and the atmosphere was decent, loads stood up and sang at the 30 minute "we are Liverpool".

wow

Offline lego

• my ego
  • No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #7216 on: September 11, 2016, 03:27:39 pm »
the wifi still doesnt work

couldnt get to the login page

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7217 on: September 11, 2016, 03:54:59 pm »
how dare you.

the new shiny stand is amazing and must not be criticised.

my view from U7 was alright actually, and the leg room is a welcome surprise. Bands were shit though
cyas

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7218 on: September 11, 2016, 03:58:16 pm »
It must really bug you that so many love the stand and that all reports are that the views are really good. I'm up there for Hull and will let you know myself.
what a strange thing to say. There are lots of good thing with the main stand, but there are lots of short comings too.

That is all.
cyas

Offline Jonny-B

• Kopite
« Reply #7219 on: September 11, 2016, 06:02:04 pm »
Thread has been sorely lacking Sam Quek pics.

Fortunately she was their yesterday.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #7220 on: September 11, 2016, 06:03:26 pm »
A phenomenal errection ..... That main stand is
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7221 on: September 11, 2016, 06:46:04 pm »
Do we have any more info on the Annie Road development? Plans, possible date for start of construction, or is it still too early? It irks me to say it (because I think all football clubs should be owned - at least partially - by the fans) they have done a pretty damned good job. And that they managed to do it without closing the old stand just makes the whole thing that much better. Klopp, Main Stand they are not doing too badly, maybe the transfer kitty needs some work (though accounts suggest that is down to the manager and not funds, I remain sceptical).
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Jonny-B

• Kopite
« Reply #7222 on: September 11, 2016, 07:27:16 pm »
No real news but there's tweets sum up current situation

Dave Phillip's (@lovefutebol)

Note: the expiration date of the outline planning permission for the Anfield Road ends redevelopment is 26 September 2017. #lfc

#lfc has a little over a year to submit a further app for the "reserved matters" (design, appearance, etc), or the outline approval ends.

#lfc then has to commence building within 2 years of approval of the "last reserved matter". Phase 1 app to approval was Jun-Sep 2014.

So assuming an application was submitted in September 2017, #lfc would (all things being well) likely have approval in December 2017.

That in turn means redevelopment of the Anfield Road end would be required to commence no later than December 2019. #lfc

This means an expanded Anfield Rd stand, if it proceeds along Main Stand timescales, would be ready for #lfc fans for the 2021-22 season.

So, based on the current planning app, if #lfc applies to expand the Anfield Road end, the very latest it could open is 5 years from now.

That would be a total timeframe from the initial application in June 2014 of over 7 years to add approx 13,500-14k seats to Anfield. #lfc

Regarding Paul Joyce's article from yesterday: phase 2 expansion (the Anfield Road end) would not take Anfield's capacity above 60k. #lfc

The planning application was for an additional c8,300 seats in the Main Stand, and an additional c4,800 seats in the Anfield Road end. #lfc

Based on today's official confirmed capacity of 54,074, the additional 4,800 Anfield Road seats would leave a total capacity of 58,874. #lfc

& to reiterate, outline agreement isn't an "agreement to construct". #lfc can't expand Anfield Rd without approval of another planning app.

Whether #lfc has any intention to submit that "reserved matters" planning application before the expiry date hasn't been publicly confirmed.

Only thing that's guaranteed is #lfc fans will know by roughly this time next year if that app to expand Anfield Rd has been made or not.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7223 on: September 11, 2016, 07:32:48 pm »
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7224 on: September 11, 2016, 07:34:25 pm »
<snip>
Cheers, so nothing concrete as of yet. Would be great if they hurried it along. I would not expect any hospitality bollox in that stand, so hopefully all of the seats would go to fans. With Stanley Park at the back and the smaller size of the redevelopment you would think it could be done a lot more quickly if they wanted it to. 
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Jonny-B

• Kopite
« Reply #7225 on: September 11, 2016, 08:12:58 pm »
Cheers, so nothing concrete as of yet. Would be great if they hurried it along. I would not expect any hospitality bollox in that stand, so hopefully all of the seats would go to fans. With Stanley Park at the back and the smaller size of the redevelopment you would think it could be done a lot more quickly if they wanted it to. 

Who knows. If they have to put in some corporate to help pay for it I'm fine with that. Tougher sell behind a goal you'd have thought though.

Offline kopitenkw

• lemurphobic
  • Kopite
« Reply #7226 on: September 11, 2016, 08:15:56 pm »

I couldn't hear over the tannoy yesterday who the three female Olympians were on the pitch at half time. Now I recognise Katherine Johnson-Thompson on the left, who are the other two women?

Offline Jonny-B

• Kopite
« Reply #7227 on: September 11, 2016, 08:22:41 pm »
Sam Quek (Hockey) is the goddess in the middle. Rosie White is a kiwi who plays for LFC Ladies.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7228 on: September 11, 2016, 08:45:21 pm »
Sam Quek (Hockey) is the goddess in the middle. Rosie White is a kiwi who plays for LFC Ladies.

I've warned you before.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #7229 on: September 11, 2016, 08:56:19 pm »

That needs to be addressed somehow. Every seat should have been checked.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline unclebob

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • NEVER buy the s*n
« Reply #7230 on: September 11, 2016, 09:14:58 pm »
Indeed, now when I went on the 'seat view' it looks ok but when folk are in the hospitality seats it totally changes....... hopefully there are loads of rich kids or 3 footers in for the rest on the season! I also find the tannoy a bit hard to hear, It could be my ears are knackered but I find myself straining to hear some of the things over it.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #7231 on: September 11, 2016, 09:21:40 pm »
Indeed, now when I went on the 'seat view' it looks ok but when folk are in the hospitality seats it totally changes....... hopefully there are loads of rich kids or 3 footers in for the rest on the season! I also find the tannoy a bit hard to hear, It could be my ears are knackered but I find myself straining to hear some of the things over it.
You can't hear the tannoy??

Well that's a bonus
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7232 on: September 11, 2016, 09:23:30 pm »
That needs to be addressed somehow. Every seat should have been checked.

Am I right in thinking the whole of that corporate section is raised higher than the rest of the seats which surround it?

Just looked at the 360 degree view and you're right, it looks much better on that. Beyond belief.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 09:36:08 pm by redprodigal »

Offline Moos

• Main Stander
« Reply #7233 on: September 11, 2016, 09:40:53 pm »
Am I right in thinking the whole of that corporate section is raised higher than the rest of the seats which surround it?

Just looked at the 360 degree view and you're right, it looks much better on that. Beyond belief.
Corporate section also has more legroom, so different thread depth. I like the main stand a lot, but these are just stupid design choices that should have been avoided. But hey, more seats so let some guys suffer, they'll pay anyway.

Offline unclebob

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • NEVER buy the s*n
« Reply #7234 on: September 11, 2016, 09:41:41 pm »
You can't hear the tannoy??

Well that's a bonus
  Aye!

Offline unclebob

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • NEVER buy the s*n
« Reply #7235 on: September 11, 2016, 09:43:16 pm »

Yes it's raised a bit higher, you don't notice until people are in it though.

Offline thefatcontroller1979

• Kemlynite
« Reply #7236 on: September 11, 2016, 10:18:59 pm »
Yes it's raised a bit higher, you don't notice until people are in it though.

This is why Celtic put their standing section in the corner so no one seated would have to look through them to see the match.
Any raised section in a central position will cause issues for those at the sides of it who wish to look to the far end of the pitch.
Thought there might be a problem when i noticed it on the 3d seat view app, but reckoned they couldn't be that dumb to screw up that bad. How wrong i was.  :-\

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7237 on: September 11, 2016, 10:19:27 pm »

Bet the girl on the right is really regretting not tucking her pass into her top there.

Unclebob that view of your is a disgrace, must be 20-25 people with same as you take into consideration the seats around you and those in the same position on the other side of the stand. Surely they have to fix this somehow?

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7238 on: September 11, 2016, 11:47:32 pm »

Unclebob that view of your is a disgrace, must be 20-25 people with same as you take into consideration the seats around you and those in the same position on the other side of the stand. Surely they have to fix this somehow?

Don't see how they can fix it now, it's too late. The designers of that section need fucking.

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7239 on: September 12, 2016, 12:02:24 am »
New ST is in L4, not too far from where my old one was but a little bit lower and closer to the dug out than before.

I was actually impressed with the whole lot to be honest, as mentioned the water stopped somewhere in the middle of the first half but given this was its first use to full capacity I suppose little things like that will be ironed out sharpish.

Oh and CraigDS and Shady Craig? Got about 4 inches more leg room!  :wave