Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2627301 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Spurs - Commiserations
« Reply #22320 on: August 12, 2020, 07:09:25 pm »
Am I the only one grossed out by these arm tatoos on their new signing (Hojbjerg)? Don't know why SSN keeps zooming in on the barbed wire and blood stains on his arms. I don't mind a nice tattoo... This one is revolting.

You should write a strongly worded letter to Whom It May Concern
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22321 on: August 12, 2020, 07:09:55 pm »
Surely the cheese room would have been cheaper

Still being rewired.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22322 on: August 14, 2020, 12:43:56 pm »
The Amazon documentary is out on August 31.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
Spurs - Commiserations
« Reply #22323 on: August 14, 2020, 01:17:10 pm »
That’s one to avoid.

The best documentaries are either those that are independently made like the Sunderland ones. This will be a glorified puff piece in which they constantly refer to Mourinho as “The Special One” and big up Sir Harry Kane

Or alternatively they are at least about a defining season. This is just Spurs being mediocre, hiring a new manager, going into lockdown and then being mediocre again.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22324 on: August 14, 2020, 01:21:53 pm »
Is there a more irrelevant pairing than Spurs and Mourinho? I’m struggling to think of another...
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22325 on: August 14, 2020, 01:27:50 pm »
That’s one to avoid.

The best documentaries are either those that are independently made like the Sunderland ones. This will be a glorified puff piece in which they constantly refer to Mourinho as “The Special One” and big up Sir Harry Kane

Or alternatively they are at least about a defining season. This is just Spurs being mediocre, hiring a new manager, going into lockdown and then being mediocre again.

Will have a great happy-ending conclusion though as they wildly celebrate drawing their way into the Europa League qualifiers.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22326 on: August 14, 2020, 01:43:58 pm »
Will have a great happy-ending conclusion though as they wildly celebrate drawing their way into the Europa League qualifiers.

I doubt it.

I've watched the All or Nothing series on the NFL teams, since they began. One year thaey showed the Rams in a car crash of a season. There were no punches pulled.

However I do wonder what sort of access we'll get. The first year - A season with the Arizona Cardinals, it felt really close and intimate with a bunch of the players and staff. Every year since it has felt further and further removed. The most recent one, featuring the Philadelphia Eagles, seemed to be mostly from the POV of a local radio sportstalk show. It was really underwhelming.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #22327 on: August 14, 2020, 01:48:01 pm »
I doubt it.

I've watched the All or Nothing series on the NFL teams, since they began. One year thaey showed the Rams in a car crash of a season. There were no punches pulled.

However I do wonder what sort of access we'll get. The first year - A season with the Arizona Cardinals, it felt really close and intimate with a bunch of the players and staff. Every year since it has felt further and further removed. The most recent one, featuring the Philadelphia Eagles, seemed to be mostly from the POV of a local radio sportstalk show. It was really underwhelming.
The NFL ones can be pretty revealing, between this and Hard Knocks there’s some brilliant content available.

I think the problem is that most fan’s only directly comparable exposure is to the Man City All or Nothing. That was a pathetic puff piece propaganda that made Pep out to be something far beyond that which he is and basically made Man City look like the victors against insurmountable odds.

As that’s the only football version of the show, I’m inclined to agree it’ll be more arse-kiss and less holding a mirror up to mismanagement.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #22328 on: August 14, 2020, 02:11:35 pm »
'You are a team of good guys. But good guys never win'

🤔🤔

"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22329 on: August 14, 2020, 02:32:29 pm »
Thought the Man City one was fascinating. Hard to not be a “puff piece” when that City side broke league records left and right. Will definitely watch the Spurs one, very interested to see the portion when Pochettino got the sack and Mourinho was brought in.

Behind the scenes stuff is much more common in American sports and there’s always been a wall with the premier league and access, so it’s cool to see stuff you never normally do.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22330 on: August 14, 2020, 03:42:26 pm »
The City one was definitely boring although I suppose that apart from the league game at Anfield and then the 2 CL games, they were just swatting away everyone. This one will definitely have some interesting moments: the CL hangover, the poor start, the thumping by Bayern, managerial change etc.

I've watched the first 3 NFL ones and they're varying degrees of good although I suppose like LSR says this kind of thing is far more common in American sport.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22331 on: August 14, 2020, 03:46:21 pm »
Can't wait for the documentary. So much good stuff to cover - conceding seven goals at home to Bayern, going out the League Cup to Colchester, out the FA Cup to Norwich, Poch's sacking, Mourinho's hiring, coronavirus. Despite all that they'll end it on a positive note with the sixth-placed finish!

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22332 on: August 14, 2020, 04:41:15 pm »
'All or Nothing!'

Don't need the first 2 words there do they?
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Ab125

• Main Stander
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Spurs charge the council 33k
« Reply #22333 on: August 15, 2020, 08:50:55 pm »
As part of an effort to “make them proud”, Levy allowed the club’s stadium’s air-conditioned basement car park to be used as a vast food hub – set up by Haringey council and run by volunteers, who delivered supplies to vulnerable people.

According to Private Eye, however, that generosity came at a price. A freedom of information request found that Haringey council had been charged by Spurs for using the stadium as a food hub.

“These costs were Ł1,680 per week for additional security and Ł880 per week for additional cleaning,” the council said.

At a rate of Ł2,560 per week, the club charged it a total of Ł33,280 – around the amount that Harry Kane earns in one day.

Absolute scum.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22334 on: August 15, 2020, 11:34:50 pm »
'Alli or Nothing!'

Don't need the first 2 words there do they?

Fixed.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22335 on: August 17, 2020, 11:29:34 am »
They've signed Joe Hart  ;D

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22336 on: August 17, 2020, 11:33:41 am »

Are they in danger of running afoul of the homegrown giraffe rule?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #22337 on: August 17, 2020, 11:33:54 am »

Wait what... really?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #22338 on: August 17, 2020, 11:42:57 am »

Are they in danger of running afoul of the homegrown giraffe rule?
They're havin a giraffe, surely? Really sticking their necks out!

Or maybe the rest of the PL should be worried, they're going for the throat. This could be like signing of Gullet!
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22339 on: August 17, 2020, 12:09:12 pm »

A bit of a step down for him from being Burnley's 3rd choice goalie.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #22340 on: August 17, 2020, 02:14:30 pm »

typical Spurs swanning about...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22341 on: August 26, 2020, 09:28:02 am »
Line-caught sea bass though...
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22342 on: August 31, 2020, 06:57:16 am »
Gary Doherty's welcome video has him deleting a tweet in 2013 when he wrote "I will love Arsenal forever and ever and ever "

Also, saw a couple of episodes of the Spurs amazon comedy, absolutely brilliant, not quite Sunderland till I die, but hilarious still.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22343 on: August 31, 2020, 07:56:24 am »
Gary Doherty's welcome video has him deleting a tweet in 2013 when he wrote "I will love Arsenal forever and ever and ever "

Also, saw a couple of episodes of the Spurs amazon comedy, absolutely brilliant, not quite Sunderland till I die, but hilarious still.

That Doherty clip was funny i thought,a good move too to partially pre-empt the shit he was going to get for that.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22344 on: August 31, 2020, 10:36:22 am »

Only 3 episodes released. Disappointing that. Looks like they're going to release another 3 on the 7th and the final 3 on the 14th.

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22345 on: August 31, 2020, 10:44:34 am »
I was astounded by the absolute joy expressed by Spurs fans at the signing of Matt Doherty. A 28-yr old RB signed from Wolves who I assume will be an upgrade on Aurier but that much happiness at his signing?

I wonder what Spurs fans aspirations are for the coming season. Should be hoping for a top 4 finish, although they are further away than most clubs to getting it. Dare I say, Wolves probably have a better chance.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #22346 on: August 31, 2020, 10:58:59 am »
I was astounded by the absolute joy expressed by Spurs fans at the signing of Matt Doherty. A 28-yr old RB signed from Wolves who I assume will be an upgrade on Aurier but that much happiness at his signing?

@tariqpanja
Matt Doherty transfer to Spurs is perhaps the most Jorge Mendes influenced signing I can think of. He’s an advisor to Wolves owners, who also have a stake in his business; he’s agent to Wolves coach Nuno; to Spurs coach Mourinho; he’s also Doherty’s agent. Clean sweep?
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22347 on: August 31, 2020, 12:34:37 pm »
if you wonder why spurs never win anything, watch Harry Kane's pre match motivational speeches. He couldve been in the Sparta 300.

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22349 on: August 31, 2020, 12:39:01 pm »
@tariqpanja
Matt Doherty transfer to Spurs is perhaps the most Jorge Mendes influenced signing I can think of. He’s an advisor to Wolves owners, who also have a stake in his business; he’s agent to Wolves coach Nuno; to Spurs coach Mourinho; he’s also Doherty’s agent. Clean sweep?
What happened to Levy's negotiating skills? The man seems to have lost the original blueprint with the hiring of Mourinho.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22350 on: August 31, 2020, 12:42:25 pm »
The whole Mended thing stinks to high heaven, Doherty is a good player, a big upgrade on Aurier.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22351 on: August 31, 2020, 01:48:25 pm »
https://twitter.com/elliothackney/status/1300212334737137664?s=21

Might have to give this a watch. Jose is a character, the city one was so boring

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22352 on: August 31, 2020, 01:58:01 pm »

I wonder what Spurs fans aspirations are for the coming season. Should be hoping for a top 4 finish, although they are further away than most clubs to getting it. Dare I say, Wolves probably have a better chance.

Constantly one of the best right sided players in the league for the last two years. He excelled as right wing back with the freedom to bomb forward, wonder how he will fare in a back four.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22354 on: August 31, 2020, 02:17:55 pm »
Only 3 episodes released. Disappointing that. Looks like they're going to release another 3 on the 7th and the final 3 on the 14th.

In the preview of the next episode , Jose is saying "the fa cup is very special"....cant wait to see how that turned out, hopefully no spoilers.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #22355 on: August 31, 2020, 02:27:36 pm »
In the preview of the next episode , Jose is saying "the fa cup is very special"....cant wait to see how that turned out, hopefully no spoilers.
;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #22356 on: August 31, 2020, 02:29:26 pm »
Is that real? It's amazing! ;D

It’s from the show but that seems a bit staged. Priceless nonetheless ;D

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22357 on: August 31, 2020, 02:49:51 pm »
I've got it on in the background at 2x speed - it is mildly entertaining.

Harry Kanes inspirational speech is amazing though.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #22358 on: August 31, 2020, 03:53:51 pm »
Doherty's huge in the fantasy football world, which most football fans judge players by these days.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Skrtelonparole

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22359 on: August 31, 2020, 03:56:07 pm »
Jesus that amazon thing is cringe.. Kinell what an absolute joke.. Lovely training complex and stadium, but mourinho is absolute poison.