Author Topic: It's just a battle for the order of the first 4 spots now between 5 teams...  (Read 560440 times)

Offline PROPER crazyemlyn72

• is Android
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Realistically, is it just a battle for 4th spot with 2 other teams now?
« Reply #1000 on: February 9, 2014, 01:10:31 am »
There is always 1 true word in every post. Even in that one.

great. would you bet your house on them not winning it? this is football. because they are so shit..and so on.......what worries me is they are so shit and still in it! how the fuck did that happen? i had to google to see if they were still in it. but you guys are sooper confident they will be destroyed. i hope yous are right.

Offline houkura

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1001 on: February 9, 2014, 01:14:07 am »
I thought I read somewhere that the Champions League winner will no longer take away a spot from a team in their league if they are winners. Maybe I heard starting next year that's the case? Did I dream this? Anyone know more on that?

"Good to be here, good to be anywhere."  --Keith Richards

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #1002 on: February 9, 2014, 01:15:20 am »

I thought I read somewhere that the Champions League winner will no longer take away a spot from a team in their league if they are winners. Maybe I heard starting next year that's the case? Did I dream this? Anyone know more on that?

Maybe you're thinking of the winners of the Europa league get a champions league spot as of next year?
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline googhead

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1003 on: February 9, 2014, 03:07:36 am »
no this is not true, still a maximum of 4 teams from the same, 2015 europa league winners will gain qualifying entry into cl and winners cl automatic entry.I think the maximum then still remains of four teams, so its concievable that both 3rd and 4th in epl, la liga or bundesliga could miss out on cl one year in the future
louie

Offline Red_Potato

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Potato beats scissors
« Reply #1004 on: February 9, 2014, 05:59:20 am »
I think we're nailed on to finish in the top 4.
What's more, I think that if we ever manage to get top of the league again this season, we'll stay there.
SOS member 7832

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1005 on: February 9, 2014, 06:12:27 am »
Why be satisfied to finish 4th, and face a qualifier, than not just finish top 3 and be guaranteed CL?

Yes, we're 4-5 points behind, but look at Arsenal's form and fixtures in February. They've conceded 7 goals in 2 games, and are looking worn out. And they have the hardest fixtures they've had to come up in recent years approaching them.

Arsenal's spot in the top 3 should be there for the taken, assuming we can continue winning games at Anfield and start "turning up" on the road.
« Last Edit: February 9, 2014, 06:23:24 am by Discipline »
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1006 on: February 9, 2014, 12:34:40 pm »
Why are people saying our aim should be 4th? We aren't fucking Arsenal, WE ARE LIVERPOOL. If we beat Arsenal on Saturday, we will be maximum 6 points off the top. We still have both Chelsea and City at Anfield. Is it unreasonable to believe we are capable of winning those games? Is it unreasonable to believe we are incapable of overturning a 3 point gap if we did win them?

Being realistic, I don't think we will be any closer than we are now to City or Chelsea in May. But also being realistic, we really should have beat City at the Etihad, should have done better at Chelsea but went to sleep after going in front. Realistically, we're in a great position considering our horrendous injury list this season. Our first choice back four has been absent for what feels like months. Get them back, realistically we will improve. There's a long way to go yet.

I've never wanted to say I told you so as much in my life. We aren't out of this yet. I hate looking ahead, but look at our fixtures until we play city at home. They're all winnable.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #1007 on: February 9, 2014, 04:58:18 pm »
Still not ruling anyone out but Wednesday could be pivotal in how things pan out. Both Spurs and the mancs have harder games than us on paper and if we can beat Fulham and they drop points it'll be a massive boost for us. All ifs and buts I know, Newcastle are reverting to type and who knows, if Fulham can hang on to the lead they have at OT right now then a win for Utd at the Emirates would be fine.
 Just need to do our own business first and foremost.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1008 on: February 9, 2014, 05:02:13 pm »
Still not ruling anyone out but Wednesday could be pivotal in how things pan out. Both Spurs and the mancs have harder games than us on paper and if we can beat Fulham and they drop points it'll be a massive boost for us. All ifs and buts I know, Newcastle are reverting to type and who knows, if Fulham can hang on to the lead they have at OT right now then a win for Utd at the Emirates would be fine.
 Just need to do our own business first and foremost.

We win our next 2 league games and I think both Man Utd and Everton will be out of the race. Everton are at Stamford Bridge the match after next.

Offline mart356

• Lucas Leiva, midfield saviour. Dejan Lover
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1009 on: February 9, 2014, 05:02:15 pm »
Just 4 wins away from home for us this season (i think?). Wednesday will be difficult no doubt, Fulham have some good players, but it will be massive if we win with Swansea at home our next game.

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1010 on: February 9, 2014, 05:07:46 pm »
Just 4 wins away from home for us this season (i think?). Wednesday will be difficult no doubt, Fulham have some good players, but it will be massive if we win with Swansea at home our next game.

Yep and that's why nothing is 'nailed on' at this stage. If we could just turn a tap and be as good away from home as we are at home then we'd have a fair crack at the title. However there really hasn't been any sign that happening. Our issue away from home are not looking like they'll be solved overnight.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #1011 on: February 9, 2014, 05:08:04 pm »

I've never wanted to say I told you so as much in my life. We aren't out of this yet. I hate looking ahead, but look at our fixtures until we play city at home. They're all winnable.

Hold it until 5.00pm on the 11th May. If ever there was a time to repeat the old 'one game at a time' cliche then this is it.
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #1012 on: February 9, 2014, 05:18:01 pm »

No. UEFA is very much against the idea of any country having more than 4 representatives in the Champions League.

Thread on the various permutations here by the way
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=311932.msg12458756#msg12458756

Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #1013 on: February 9, 2014, 05:21:56 pm »
no this is not true, still a maximum of 4 teams from the same, 2015 europa league winners will gain qualifying entry into cl and winners cl automatic entry.I think the maximum then still remains of four teams, so its concievable that both 3rd and 4th in epl, la liga or bundesliga could miss out on cl one year in the future

I think if the Europe League winners finish outside the top 5 then they and 4 others play CL the following season.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1014 on: February 9, 2014, 05:26:27 pm »
I think if the Europe League winners finish outside the top 5 then they and 4 others play CL the following season.

Still looking for more definite confirmation on this, but it looks like you're right.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/may/23/uefa-champions-league-europa-league

In the unlikely scenario that teams from the same country win the Champions League and the Europa League, also expected to confer Champions League qualification from 2015, yet finish outside the top four then a total of five clubs will be permitted – the top three plus both European champions.

Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline anything else

• You ain't seen me..... roight?
  • Kopite
« Reply #1015 on: February 9, 2014, 05:41:59 pm »
So United are still in it!
Looked like Fulham could have done it but watching the game you can see they are just so, so fucking poor.
Nothing against them, but have rarely seen a team more worthy of relegation.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1016 on: February 9, 2014, 05:46:18 pm »
So United are still in it!
Looked like Fulham could have done it but watching the game you can see they are just so, so fucking poor.
Nothing against them, but have rarely seen a team more worthy of relegation.

Well, they are slightly further off 4th than we are from 1st, so if they really are "still in it" then we are in the title race.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline N0rnIr0nRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1017 on: February 9, 2014, 05:47:32 pm »
Pity Fulham couldn't hold out for a draw.

United have battered them to be honest

Hopefully Fulham will still have tired legs on Wednesday, no doubt Stecklenburg will have a worldie against us though!
"I usually have a second pair of glasses but I can't find them because it's hard to find glasses without glasses!" Jürgen Klopp

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #1018 on: February 9, 2014, 05:52:30 pm »
Pity Fulham couldn't hold out for a draw.

United have battered them to be honest

Hopefully Fulham will still have tired legs on Wednesday, no doubt Stecklenburg will have a worldie against us though!

Yes, real pity
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline anything else

• You ain't seen me..... roight?
  • Kopite
« Reply #1019 on: February 9, 2014, 05:54:35 pm »
Wait...

HAHAHAHAHA

Darren Bent 90 + 4

2-2  ;D :lmao
Draw at home to the worst team in the league

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1020 on: February 9, 2014, 05:55:09 pm »
Count utd out now,9 points clear,10 clear with our superior goal difference
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Spraynard Kruger

• Wholeheartedly supports the cause but would stay seated in a walk-out protest cos, you know, it's so expensive to get to the game, so doesn't wholeheartedly support after all and misses the point completely. All in one sentence. Wow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1021 on: February 9, 2014, 05:55:45 pm »
So, somehow after this weekend, we have actually gained two points on United.

Top week.
"Sometimes you have to just chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is." - Daniel Sturridge

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1022 on: February 9, 2014, 05:55:50 pm »
heh heh
the moyes effect continues
Mick hucknall can fuck off as well the ginger wanker.
« Last Edit: February 9, 2014, 06:12:03 pm by lobsterboy »

Offline HBAHFH

• Main Stander
« Reply #1023 on: February 9, 2014, 05:59:01 pm »
Darren Bent, you beauty.

Offline Halcyon Lissome

• Scallion Homeys, Miscellany Shoo or Nicholas Mosely?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • “We murdered them 0-0.”
« Reply #1024 on: February 9, 2014, 06:12:38 pm »
You can wrap it up now, United aren't getting top 4. If they improve on their current rank they'll have done well.

Oddly, will be hoping they win for a change, against Arsenal.
★              ★              ★              ★              ★
The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.

Offline Abrak

• Pulling his Peter Principle
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1025 on: February 9, 2014, 06:13:12 pm »
My feeling is that we have reached the stage that coming 5th or lower will be seen as a major disappointment.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #1026 on: February 9, 2014, 06:16:29 pm »
Stick a fork in Manchester United. They're done.

Offline Gerrard[LFC]

• Legacy Fan
  • We are all part of Liverpool-FC
« Reply #1027 on: February 9, 2014, 06:17:30 pm »
funny things happen in football, as it is with Utd dropping more points... they could do the unthinkable...
there are only 16teams left... and especially if they forget about league games and concentrate on CL... they
could do something which would knock someone out at 4th spot.
I hate that to be us, that would just be so upsetting.
So lets go for 3rd, with Arsenal dropping points and we could also avoid CL qualifiers too
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.
MICHELANGELO

Offline flinner

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #1028 on: February 9, 2014, 06:22:43 pm »
World Facts
The chances of dying by laughter are 15 billion to 1.

Think them odds are well and truly shortened with the Utd match lol.
"We've created an environment where a complete moron can not only survive, but thrive."

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1029 on: February 9, 2014, 06:23:58 pm »
Stick a fork in Manchester United. They're done.

I agree. I know people say never write United off etc, but they are a pale shadow of last years team. This lot won't be able to win 6 or 7 in a row, and to catch effectively 10 points on us in 13 games is surely too much.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1030 on: February 9, 2014, 06:24:27 pm »
World Facts
The chances of dying by laughter are 15 billion to 1.

Think them odds are well and truly shortened with the Utd match lol.

Well someone's going to die, because I'm pretty sure the whole world is laughing.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline LuisLuis

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1031 on: February 9, 2014, 06:27:35 pm »
For all the people worried about utd winning the CL. From this article http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11945/8730422/uefa-open-to-champions-league-including-five-english-teams

"From 2015, the Europa League winners and the European champions will automatically qualify for the Champions League - but an English winner of either would not preclude the team placed fourth in the Premier League from qualifying for the top competition.

That will eradicate the possibility of a repeat of last season, when Tottenham Hotspur clinched fourth only to find themselves entering the Europa League by virtue of Chelsea's Champions League success."

Offline ElstonGunn

• is Billy Beane
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1032 on: February 9, 2014, 06:28:41 pm »
I agree. I know people say never write United off etc, but they are a pale shadow of last years team. This lot won't be able to win 6 or 7 in a row, and to catch effectively 10 points on us in 13 games is surely too much.
They've been done for weeks.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1033 on: February 9, 2014, 06:29:16 pm »
For all the people worried about utd winning the CL. From this article http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11945/8730422/uefa-open-to-champions-league-including-five-english-teams

"From 2015, the Europa League winners and the European champions will automatically qualify for the Champions League - but an English winner of either would not preclude the team placed fourth in the Premier League from qualifying for the top competition.

That will eradicate the possibility of a repeat of last season, when Tottenham Hotspur clinched fourth only to find themselves entering the Europa League by virtue of Chelsea's Champions League success."

That, if it is true, and it hasn't yet been ratified so far as I know, would only apply to the winners of next season's Champions League. But Manchester United are NOT going to win it. They couldn't win it when they were good ffs.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline ElstonGunn

• is Billy Beane
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1034 on: February 9, 2014, 06:29:24 pm »

Er, "from 2015" is the key phrase there.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1035 on: February 9, 2014, 06:33:19 pm »
About that story, it says "UEFA will annouce"... anyone know if they actually ever did make such an announcement?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline sikingthegreat1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1036 on: February 9, 2014, 06:34:48 pm »
finally, i think it is pretty safe to say that manure is out of the race for 4th...... :wave :wave

Offline LuisLuis

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1037 on: February 9, 2014, 06:35:39 pm »
Er, "from 2015" is the key phrase there.

Damn missed that. Oh well, if utd can't beat Fulham at home they won't beat Bayern/Real/Barca anyway.

Offline Gerrard[LFC]

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1038 on: February 9, 2014, 06:38:04 pm »

if this is true then there is no worry...
but that means the champions can not make CL? that is bit absurd isn't it?
if it was utd then it is a good rule but if that was us? no fucken way ;D
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.
MICHELANGELO

Offline Gerrard[LFC]

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1039 on: February 9, 2014, 06:40:01 pm »
Damn missed that. Oh well, if utd can't beat Fulham at home they won't beat Bayern/Real/Barca anyway.
oh.. 2015!!! that is good news..and bad... I imagine that we will win CL next year and finish 5th ;D
oh damn... anyway... we were doing similar at 2004-2005... so don't count your chickens...
its not impossible... stranger shit has happened... so back to worrying now..fuck...
MICHELANGELO