Author Topic: It's just a battle for the order of the first 4 spots now between 5 teams...  (Read 559989 times)

Offline mulfella

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hedgehogs are boss
Re: Realistically, is it just a battle for 4th spot with 2 other teams now?
« Reply #640 on: February 4, 2014, 09:08:15 am »
We ain't.

Thinking we can practically win every match left and amass 80+ points is as unrealistic as thinking Man Utd could get 70+ points.

The idea that we could overhaul Arsenal AND Chelsea AND City is just unrealistic. We could, given a great run, overhaul maybe one of them, but all 3 are not going to collapse sufficiently.
A place full of grammer Nazi's?
'Grammar' and no apostrophe in 'nazis'.

Offline Mingle

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • I believe...
« Reply #641 on: February 4, 2014, 09:11:21 am »
We ain't.

Thinking we can practically win every match left and amass 80+ points is as unrealistic as thinking Man Utd could get 70+ points.

Of course we are in with a shout of the title... its long odds obviously, but we have to play everyone around us, so it possible…

Would I put money on it?? No…

But, While there are still only a handful of points in it, we should go for it… NO ONE should say it can’t be done, because it can be!
At the end of a storm, Theres a golden sky...Believe in Brendan

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #642 on: February 4, 2014, 09:19:05 am »
4th is the aim though. Forget the title and forget 3rd.

Our realistic aim should be 4th. Our initial aims were to try and get into 4th, but any improvement on last season would've been okay(such as 5th place).

Now, we look an almost sure bet for 4th, so we should just stick by it. 3rd, the title, 2nd etc... were never really targets, because they are unrealistic. Forget them. If we end up winning the title- great. If we end getting 2nd- fine. If we end up getting 3rd- fine, but our aim is 4th.

Our initial aim was 76 points. Given various factors at the start of the season, that would likely give us top four, but it wasn't guaranteed.

We're still just about on course for that aim. But if, for example, we hit 76 points with 2 or 3 games to spare, no one at the club is going to stop playing.

The way results at the top have gone is precisely why the aim was points rather than position. 76 points might get 3rd or 5th. Overachieving by just a few points might mean nothing or everything. The team's focus will be game by game, as many points as possible. What position that equates to in the end isn't entirely within our control.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline RoshanA

• Shows some fawcets of Paul Merson's character. Rashid clone. Lucas Leiva, midfield saviour
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #643 on: February 4, 2014, 09:26:10 am »
We're so far behing City and Chelsea ... and they will continue to strengthen. That's the key ... they will only get stronger, pretty much young teams too.

We've pretty much stood still this season ... apart from Sakho's nine first team starts, we've bought in no one for the first team.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #644 on: February 4, 2014, 09:32:51 am »
We're so far behing City and Chelsea ... and they will continue to strengthen. That's the key ... they will only get stronger, pretty much young teams too.

We've pretty much stood still this season ... apart from Sakho's nine first team starts, we've bought in no one for the first team.

Mignolet?

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #645 on: February 4, 2014, 09:46:13 am »
aim for the 1st and you'll finish 4th... aim for 4th and you'll probably finish 7th
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #646 on: February 4, 2014, 09:49:56 am »
aim for the 1st and you'll finish 4th... aim for 4th and you'll probably finish 7th

I'm pretty sure every single teams just tries to win every single match they play.  :)
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #647 on: February 4, 2014, 09:57:55 am »
Why are people saying our aim should be 4th? We aren't fucking Arsenal, WE ARE LIVERPOOL. If we beat Arsenal on Saturday, we will be maximum 6 points off the top. We still have both Chelsea and City at Anfield. Is it unreasonable to believe we are capable of winning those games? Is it unreasonable to believe we are incapable of overturning a 3 point gap if we did win them?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #648 on: February 4, 2014, 10:43:18 am »
I'm pretty sure every single teams just tries to win every single match they play.  :)
Not West ham at Chelsea..... ;)
+6 ticket exchange

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #649 on: February 4, 2014, 10:45:28 am »
I'd say we would be in for a title chance, but our results against teams like West Brom and Aston villa are just stopping us

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #650 on: February 4, 2014, 10:50:05 am »
We're not winning the title with our away form and our tendency to concede.

It'll be a fight for fourth.

Offline Tonyh

• Tony get the shots in (after 7pm)
  • Legacy Fan
  • .............is the final piece of the jigsaw!
« Reply #651 on: February 4, 2014, 10:50:25 am »
Or Palace v Arsenal.

There are way too many games to be played between the top 7 teams for any teams to be ruled in or out. If we win our home games one thing is certain and that is that we will be closer to 1st than 7th. Arsenal's March is particularly brutal.

Let's also never forget the 39!

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #652 on: February 4, 2014, 10:52:40 am »
Why are people saying our aim should be 4th? We aren't fucking Arsenal, WE ARE LIVERPOOL. If we beat Arsenal on Saturday, we will be maximum 6 points off the top. We still have both Chelsea and City at Anfield. Is it unreasonable to believe we are capable of winning those games? Is it unreasonable to believe we are incapable of overturning a 3 point gap if we did win them?
Absolutely correct.

Lets give it a bash, and if we fail, we'll still be in the Champions League. We've shown we were complacent against Villa and West Brom. Lets see if a possible top spot can focus the mind.

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #653 on: February 4, 2014, 10:53:51 am »

''aim for the sky and you'll hit the roof''

''aim for the roof and you'll never leave the room''

I don't wanna just aim to hit the roof, I wanna set my sights further - at least have a shot at getting out that room, if hitting the roof was the be all and end all then maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to just focus on hitting it ...... hell we wouldn't have to worry about our ambition - or lack of it in some peoples cases, and all that other crap ''like winning stuff''

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #654 on: February 4, 2014, 10:56:41 am »
Obviously our players go out there and try to win every game, and subsequently, it means we're aiming for the title. That's not exclusive to us, it should be the mentality of most of the teams in the top half of the table.

This thread has asked us to be realistic though. Given our away form, our injuries, lack of reinforcements for an already small squad, our tendency to put in an "after the Lords mayor show" performance, and our shaky and rotating backline, it means we're realistically looking at a battle for fourth rather than a tilt for the title.

Offline Gojedo

• Can your garage boast an ex-Red as a mechanic? Yes? Ah but is it 13000 miles away .....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ethyn Daniel Morgan
« Reply #655 on: February 4, 2014, 11:01:17 am »

I think we should start aiming for the season after the previous season begins.

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #656 on: February 4, 2014, 11:02:38 am »
Obviously our players go out there and try to win every game, and subsequently, it means we're aiming for the title. That's not exclusive to us, it should be the mentality of most of the teams in the top half of the table.

This thread has asked us to be realistic though. Given our away form, our injuries, lack of reinforcements for an already small squad, our tendency to put in an "after the Lords mayor show" performance, and our shaky and rotating backline, it means we're realistically looking at a battle for fourth rather than a tilt for the title.

This. Although we're not out of it (title) yet, I'm looking for ManU, Everton and Spurs' results before those of Arsenal, City and Chelsea. Let's just keep winning and see how it turns out.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #657 on: February 4, 2014, 11:02:39 am »
4th is the aim though. Forget the title and forget 3rd.

Our realistic aim should be 4th. Our initial aims were to try and get into 4th, but any improvement on last season would've been okay(such as 5th place).

Now, we look an almost sure bet for 4th, so we should just stick by it. 3rd, the title, 2nd etc... were never really targets, because they are unrealistic. Forget them. If we end up winning the title- great. If we end getting 2nd- fine. If we end up getting 3rd- fine, but our aim is 4th.

I'm sure Sunderland would have been content with a last 8 tie in the cup. Then they got Man U, many were probably thinking We've already out done ourselves, no way we're beating United and then City. And yet, here they are, in with a chance of silverware. They could have easily folded against Man U and said that they were concentrating on avoiding relegation.

Just because you set yourself a goal, doesn't mean you can't readjust as you go along. What on earth could go wrong, if we aim for first? We'll still end up in CL. If we're content with fourth, players wil say 'Oh look, Spurs and United dropped points, pressure off'..
« Last Edit: February 4, 2014, 11:05:50 am by Anywhichwayucan »

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #658 on: February 4, 2014, 11:02:59 am »
Try and win every game and get as high up the table as possible. Getting 3rd would mean we would avoid a tricky qualifier. Who would fancy that in August with an inexperienced manager at European level?

Finishing third would also mean we can recruit players with the knowlege that we have CL football to offer them and the money that comes with it. A 4th place finish might only add to our abject handling of transfer windows.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #659 on: February 4, 2014, 11:04:57 am »

Are you telling me that that team against West Brom played like a team aiming for the title? It played precisely like a team that saw two of our rivals dropping points 24 hours earlier.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #660 on: February 4, 2014, 11:07:01 am »
Are you telling me that that team against West Brom played like a team aiming for the title? It played precisely like a team that saw two of our rivals dropping points 24 hours earlier.

You don't think our players go out there and try and win every game? Shite happens, too many players had an off day and we were punished by a horrendous mistake.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #661 on: February 4, 2014, 11:11:00 am »
You don't think our players go out there and try and win every game? Shite happens, too many players had an off day and we were punished by a horrendous mistake.
An off day I can forgive, a lack of effort I won't.

Didn't work hard enough, in my opinion. Performance reeked of 'Pressure is off'.

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #662 on: February 4, 2014, 11:11:18 am »

So what? They didn't try as hard?

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #663 on: February 4, 2014, 11:13:43 am »
An off day I can forgive, a lack of effort I won't.

Didn't work hard enough, in my opinion. Performance reeked of 'Pressure is off'.

They looked lethargic to me. 3 games in 8 days might do that to a small squad.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #664 on: February 4, 2014, 11:23:31 am »

Being realistic, I don't think we will be any closer than we are now to City or Chelsea in May. But also being realistic, we really should have beat City at the Etihad, should have done better at Chelsea but went to sleep after going in front. Realistically, we're in a great position considering our horrendous injury list this season. Our first choice back four has been absent for what feels like months. Get them back, realistically we will improve. There's a long way to go yet.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline RoshanA

• Shows some fawcets of Paul Merson's character. Rashid clone. Lucas Leiva, midfield saviour
  • Kopite
« Reply #665 on: February 4, 2014, 11:24:07 am »
We aren't in a massive vein of form ourselves, to try and expect Arsenal, City and Chelsea to keep losing games.

It's always up in the air whether we'll go to the likes of Southampton, Old Trafford, Cardiff, hell even Palace and pick up three points. With Chelsea and City you tend to feel the majority of those tight games they find a way to win.

The whole Arsenal collapse hasn't transpired. And if they remain injury free, we'll be waiting for a collapse that never comes. It's slightly arrogant to believe they will just collapse, when they are playing some fantastic football, with one of the best central defensive partnerships around.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #666 on: February 4, 2014, 11:30:12 am »
They looked lethargic to me. 3 games in 8 days might do that to a small squad.
So why not play Moses or Alberto or Allen? I mean, if we can't expect them to contribute to a win at West Brom, why are they here?

We've had two competitions this season, and one of them has just got underway.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #667 on: February 4, 2014, 11:33:32 am »
So why not play Moses or Alberto or Allen? I mean, if we can't expect them to contribute to a win at West Brom, why are they here?

We've had two competitions this season, and one of them has just got underway.

Because they're clearly not good enough (yet) and the manager doesn't rate them enough to play them based on what he's seen of them in training? It's exactly why he went after another attacker only for us to publicly miss out on another one of our targets.

Offline cox3100

• Would love to congratulate Siralex.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • justice for the 96
« Reply #668 on: February 4, 2014, 11:54:53 am »
Aim for the highest we can.

Looking at our remaining fixtures,why shouldn't we aim for the title,we most probably won't win it,but why not aim for it?

If we can get our injured defenders back fit,stop conceding sloppy goals and with our strike force,why not?

Sick of reading all the defeatist posts,some people really need to stop wearing their wives/girlfriends knickers and grow up.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #669 on: February 4, 2014, 11:55:08 am »
No-one is saying we are incapable of beating Arsenal, Chelsea and City- all in one swoop. We can certainly do that. The team have their own aims and only Rodgers knows what the goal should be- it's not going to be influenced by us.

What we're saying is this: The backlash if we lose against the likes of Fulham and/or Swansea would be unimaginable. You just have to look at what was a good enough result(performance aside) against the Baggies and appreciate the sh*tstorm surrounding some results.

It's pure mindlessness to expect this team to win the league. Utter mindlessness. Note- you can "hope" we win the league, but once the unrealistic expectation that we're somehow better than 4th rears it's ugly head- then is when you come on here(or tune into the radio, or take a walk) after a draw to the Baggies(away, mind you- after having lost thrice in 6) and you're life is soured by the idiots who throw out every type of profanity, ill-feeling or bile that you can find under the sun at Cisokko, Johnson, Gerrard, Brendan, the owners, the team, each other and it's a dark and gloomy cloud that fill our collective.

Some might like coming on here and read post after post of "Sterling is sh*te! Sell him", "Brendan better do this or get f*cked!", "Useless c*nts!" and the like, BUT I don't.

This team is not good enough yet to win every game and it's not yet good enough to even win all games that we should be winning. Trying to expect them to do that is an attempt to squeeze blood from a stone and that won't go well for us as supporters. We're supposed to enjoy the ride to 4th and make it part of our good memories- not agonising over every draw and fight each other to the death.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #670 on: February 4, 2014, 11:58:31 am »
Nobody is 'expecting' the team to win the league though mate.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #671 on: February 4, 2014, 11:58:52 am »
Chelsea have won 5 of their last 6 (drawing 1) and let in only 2 goals - in a stretch when they've played us, Man United, and West Ham at home, and Hull, City, and Southampton away.

Man City had been unbeaten in 20, and Arsenal have been very consistent as well.

The difference between us and three teams ahead of us in the mini-league between us, where we've lost all 3 games. In contrast, Chelsea have taken 10 points from a possible 12 in those games (interesting fact: Mourinho's all-time record against Top 4: Played 23, won 13, drawn 8, lost 2. Incredible); Man City have 6, and Arsenal have 4. If we can't beat those teams we can't afford losing points against the West Brom's and Villa's of the league.

With those three still to come to Anfield we've still got a (very slim) chance of the title, though if we get anything less than a win against Arsenal i'd say we were out of the running.

We'll be in the race for 4th all season though I have no doubt.

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #672 on: February 4, 2014, 12:08:38 pm »
Nobody is 'expecting' the team to win the league though mate.

My issue is that some people are 'expecting' 4th and hoping for the title. Some talk as if fourth is already ours and anything more is a bonus. I'm not sure 'expecting' fourth is realistic given how tight the table is, who we have coming to Anfield(hardly any home bankers left) and our away form. It's not in the bag by any means. Surely if we're being realistically as supporters all we can expect is to be in the fight for fourth until the very end.

Of course it goes without saying the club will try to win 14 out of 14 and win the title.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #673 on: February 4, 2014, 12:15:27 pm »
Because they're clearly not good enough (yet) and the manager doesn't rate them enough to play them based on what he's seen of them in training? It's exactly why he went after another attacker only for us to publicly miss out on another one of our targets.

While not making a major issue out of it, I've said a couple of times that we need to give them some opportunities to play themselves into a bit of form for when we might need them. There was a perfect opportunity to give Aspas 20-30 minutes against a demoralised Everton, but we didn't take it.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #674 on: February 4, 2014, 12:19:24 pm »
No-one is saying we are incapable of beating Arsenal, Chelsea and City- all in one swoop. We can certainly do that. The team have their own aims and only Rodgers knows what the goal should be- it's not going to be influenced by us.

What we're saying is this: The backlash if we lose against the likes of Fulham and/or Swansea would be unimaginable. You just have to look at what was a good enough result(performance aside) against the Baggies and appreciate the sh*tstorm surrounding some results.

It's pure mindlessness to expect this team to win the league. Utter mindlessness. Note- you can "hope" we win the league, but once the unrealistic expectation that we're somehow better than 4th rears it's ugly head- then is when you come on here(or tune into the radio, or take a walk) after a draw to the Baggies(away, mind you- after having lost thrice in 6) and you're life is soured by the idiots who throw out every type of profanity, ill-feeling or bile that you can find under the sun at Cisokko, Johnson, Gerrard, Brendan, the owners, the team, each other and it's a dark and gloomy cloud that fill our collective.

Some might like coming on here and read post after post of "Sterling is sh*te! Sell him", "Brendan better do this or get f*cked!", "Useless c*nts!" and the like, BUT I don't.

This team is not good enough yet to win every game and it's not yet good enough to even win all games that we should be winning. Trying to expect them to do that is an attempt to squeeze blood from a stone and that won't go well for us as supporters. We're supposed to enjoy the ride to 4th and make it part of our good memories- not agonising over every draw and fight each other to the death.

Are the people who post "Sterling is shite!" any less likely to do so if some of us idly speculate on the (remote) possibility that we're not entirely out of the title race?

The team, absolutely, should just be taking each game as it comes. Some of us believe that doing that, and doing it well, might see us less than 8 points from the top of the table come May. That's all.

Offline AM76

• Joylessly cynical skimreader aka IQ76
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #675 on: February 4, 2014, 12:22:53 pm »

Yes we are Liverpool. A Liverpool team that hasn won the league since 1990. Yes we've had a few cup wins along the way, most notable being 2005, but we aren't the Liverpool team of the 80's. Long gone are the days of thinking we will win the league this season. Think a few fans need to realise that. We aren't as big trophy wise as we used to be.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #676 on: February 4, 2014, 12:23:39 pm »
all this title talk is wishful thinking...NAiled on for forth i read somewhere too? Thats complacency right there! We are in no way nailed on for fourth place.At all.We have a battle on our hands to secure fourth.if we do that its beena  great season.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #677 on: February 4, 2014, 12:29:59 pm »
We have all the difficult teams at home now and easier teams away.

Does anyone other than me actually think this is worse for us.

granted we may get more points against the top teams at home but it's going to be harder getting all 3 points away against the smaller teams too, as last weekend showed.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #678 on: February 4, 2014, 12:42:27 pm »
One way to also look at it is how many of the teams will be literally fighting for nothing.....i.e safe from relegation and no chance of Europe.

THOSE are the easy 3 pointers when the season is ending.

Lets see....

We have Arsenal, Fulham, Swansea, Southampton, Sunderland, United, Cardiff, Spurs, West Ham, City, Norwich, Chelsea, Palace, Newcastle.

Its hard to tell right now with the bottom half being so close.....but maybe in 5 games or so itll be clearer.

Southampton, Sunderland, Cardiff, West Ham, Norwich, Palace, Newcastle may be in a comfortable position where itd be hard to motivate themselves. Whereas we should be foaming at the mouth tryina get this 4th place sealed. You'd think anyway....

Interesting times ahead.
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #679 on: February 4, 2014, 12:59:47 pm »
I'm sure Sunderland would have been content with a last 8 tie in the cup. Then they got Man U, many were probably thinking We've already out done ourselves, no way we're beating United and then City. And yet, here they are, in with a chance of silverware. They could have easily folded against Man U and said that they were concentrating on avoiding relegation.

Just because you set yourself a goal, doesn't mean you can't readjust as you go along. What on earth could go wrong, if we aim for first? We'll still end up in CL. If we're content with fourth, players wil say 'Oh look, Spurs and United dropped points, pressure off'..

We don't set the goal mate- we make the noise. And from what both you and I know- we are a noisy, negative bunch once we set our bar too high. Our goal does not override the team's goal.

The effect of our clamour for something we cannot exercise self-control over, is utter madness at the slightest hiccup and we've seen plenty of those.

We really don't. It's going to be a dog fight right until the end with very little separating 4th and 7th. It'll probably be decided by just the odd point. We're slight favorites but no way a sure bet. There's still plenty to do. We need to win our big home games and find someway of improving away. Neither of those things will be easy.
I'm not saying we will deffo get 4th, peachy- that's why I'm using the words "look" and "almost". I want us to solidify 4th and we look the likeliest to get it. Since we look the likeliest to get 4th, that's what we should be aiming for- however I'd take any improvement in position over last season. I mean what am I going to do about it if we get 5th, anyway?
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist