Author Topic: Islamism  (Read 199868 times)

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Islamism
« Reply #1560 on: August 19, 2014, 10:55:35 pm »
Also, there has been a number of studies done in Africa, which have shown that circumcised men, were less likely to catch STD's including AIDs. Apart from stopping women from enjoying sex, I see no other motivation behind FGM. The sad truth is that in a lot of the countries that practice this abhorrent act, older women are the conduits.

Certainly, and less chance of infection and accumulation of 'gunk' in general. I thoroughly recommend it.   :D

(in a sterile environment, under the care of a qualified surgeon, and with the patient's informed consent obviously)

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #1561 on: August 19, 2014, 11:42:30 pm »
And I think that's what we should be talking about in these pages, not some junior undergrad philosophical bullshit.

May he Rest in Peace.

Another journalist Steven Sotloff, whom they captured last year, is also believed to be threatened to be executed. By fascists apparently speaking with English accents, if reports are to be believed.

Am in no way condoning these types of acts but I really wish journalists and the like would think about their families before they go anywhere near these types of conflicts. We can only imagine what their families must be going through right now. 

As for the fact there may be British, that doesn't surprise me. I went to school with enough lunatic Muslims 15 odd years ago to know that they and their like would start turning violent sooner or later.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1562 on: August 19, 2014, 11:52:05 pm »
I went to school with enough lunatic Muslims 15 odd years ago to know that they and their like would start turning violent sooner or later.
Would you care to expand on this comment?

(Without causing offence or slandering minorities (I know))

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1563 on: August 19, 2014, 11:56:25 pm »

Am in no way condoning these types of acts but I really wish journalists and the like would think about their families before they go anywhere near these types of conflicts. We can only imagine what their families must be going through right now. 
Then we would not hear about atrocities. I have the upmost respect for war journalists/photographers. Fearless, celebrate their profession, they perform a vital function.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1564 on: August 20, 2014, 12:00:24 am »
Just seen the video of James Foley's beheading, and I really wish I hadn't. Sick, sick bastards.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #1565 on: August 20, 2014, 12:01:07 am »
Then we would not hear about atrocities. I have the upmost respect for war journalists/photographers. Fearless, celebrate their profession, they perform a vital function.

Unfortunately, with the advent of modern communications, a photojournalist in such a place was somewhat redundant. These pitiful creatures hide nothing, and they post it themselves.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #1566 on: August 20, 2014, 12:02:41 am »
ISIS beheaded American photojournalist James Wright Foley today

Horrible. Why do these Islamist fanatics always seem to want to behead people?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline jerseyhoya

• Would love to get some of that Cock money
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1567 on: August 20, 2014, 12:07:48 am »
Unfortunately, with the advent of modern communications, a photojournalist in such a place was somewhat redundant. These pitiful creatures hide nothing, and they post it themselves.
He originally went into Syria to cover the conflict between Assad and the various segments opposing Assad. I think the timeline is he was captured by the regime back in 2012, and somehow found his way in the custody of the lovely folks from ISIS.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1568 on: August 20, 2014, 12:07:49 am »
A medieval religion, medieval practice.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1569 on: August 20, 2014, 01:29:09 am »
Just seen the video of James Foley's beheading, and I really wish I hadn't. Sick, sick bastards.
I don't mean to sound funny or anything, but seriously, this is the same reaction out of most people that decide to take it upon themselves to watch such things. I honestly don't get it. What were you expecting to happen? It's hardly a video of them cutting the head off a cuddly toy, now is it? There's a reason why they do it: to put the shits up people, and it clearly works.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1570 on: August 20, 2014, 01:35:52 am »
A medieval religion, medieval practice.
As far as I'm aware, nowhere in the Koran does it instruct Muslims to go and behead people for the craic, which is what these mentalists are doing. It's a terror tactic. It's the same thing the cartels do in Mexico, and the last time I checked, they're mostly Catholic over there.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1571 on: August 20, 2014, 01:43:24 am »
Shock and Awe

Offline Pidalow

• Legacy Fan
  • Success is not forever and failure isn’t fatal.
« Reply #1572 on: August 20, 2014, 02:15:20 am »
There were no extreme groups in Iraq such as Al Qaida /ISIS when the West invaded the Iraq, and now its the capital for such groups after a few years of leaving the country. The beheading is not a warning more like instigating the US to invade Iraq again. Then they can get the look 'the US is invading a Muslim country again and killing Muslims again, fellow Muslims should join us to fight the crusaders'. The West really messed up in the middle east in their war against 'terror'. It wont take long before the Taliban take over Afghanistan when the West leaves, and im almost certain there will be alot of bloodshed to go with it aswell.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #1573 on: August 20, 2014, 07:16:12 am »
Would you care to expand on this comment?

(Without causing offence or slandering minorities (I know))

I'll try to...

I live in a very mixed area, lots of Sikhs, Hindus, and Muslims and when we were young everyone got along with no real issues, we all know what religion the other kids in class were but it was never an issue. When we got the age of say 13 or so that's when things started to change, not just at school but outside. Some of the Muslim kids (and I must emphasise the some as it was only a few) stopped talking to non-Muslims and weren't shy in saying why, stickers supporting Islamists groups started appearing outside school, I even remember one kid walking around the common room shouting 'jihad jihad' and without being able to explain it as well as I would like their mood became very dark let's say
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1574 on: August 20, 2014, 08:07:11 am »
As far as I'm aware, nowhere in the Koran does it instruct Muslims to go and behead people for the craic, which is what these mentalists are doing. It's a terror tactic. It's the same thing the cartels do in Mexico, and the last time I checked, they're mostly Catholic over there.

I agree that it's just as shameful in Mexico as it is in Iraq. I agree that it's about intimidation too. But it ought to be obvious to anyone that the religion of the Mexican beheaders is incidental to the crime whereas for Islamic state it is absolutely central.

Nor is it a question of ISIS beheading people "for the craic". They have a more precise and more ambitious project than that. They want to establish a Caliphate.

Sorry to have to spell it out. It sounds condescending I think. But it's surprising how some people still refuse to take Islamic State at face value.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline jerseyhoya

• Would love to get some of that Cock money
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1575 on: August 20, 2014, 08:14:22 am »
VICE had a reporter embedded with the ISIS people. Pretty fucked up stuff, unsurprisingly. Worth having a look though.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/bsCZzpmbEcs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/bsCZzpmbEcs</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/jzCAPJDAnQA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/jzCAPJDAnQA</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/jOaBNbdUbcA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/jOaBNbdUbcA</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/cGQwTOsh__0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/cGQwTOsh__0</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/TxX_THjtXOw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/TxX_THjtXOw</a>

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1576 on: August 20, 2014, 09:11:47 am »

Who the fxck in their right mind would want to watch it?  Some of the stuff posted on the net lately by these twisted nutjobs make you sick.  Unfortunately still images at least are easy to stumble across as some clown for whatever reason feels the need to re-post on social media.

Offline EmotionalCitrus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1577 on: August 20, 2014, 11:19:06 am »

Absolutely sickening, it's 2014 and acts like this are still occurring due to religious bullshit. The human race is absolutely fucking putrid.

Offline Libero

• Legacy Fan
  • Viva Liverpool
« Reply #1578 on: August 20, 2014, 11:35:19 am »

Absolutely horrible and deplorable.

This man was doing the wider world a true service, highlighting the plight of the Syrian people that are getting barrel bombs dropped on them by a tyrant.

ISIS are beyond a disease, they can't be classed as ignorant - they are evil.  I mean did it even enter their minds that James Foley was in Syria to report on the massacres of a largely Sunni population for example?  It beggars belief.

A horrible loss this. HORRIBLE.  :no

Totally disgusted by ISIS;  they can fucking share the crown for being an insult to humanity with the Zionist Terrorists, the Hessian Mercenaries of the US Revolutionary War, Leopold II's armies, the Nazis, Pol Pot's gang, as well as a host of others...

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #1579 on: August 20, 2014, 12:18:29 pm »
Mans inhumanity to one another is one of the reasons i do not believe in any religions.

Isis are evil simple as that, they use the Quran as an excuse for their evil crimes against Humanity, they need to be stopped by whatever legal means possible, the leaders need to be caught and tried, killing them makes martyrs off them.
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #1580 on: August 20, 2014, 12:26:42 pm »
Another journalist gone. And as far as ISIS are concerned, anyone crossing their path (even if they just happen to be peacefully living on their own lands!) simply gets erased. I never know how journalists in general are capable of fulfilling their profession in regions filled with turmoil, especially when they're targeted as if they're the "enemy" instead of just journalists attempting to shed light on the situation for those of us way out here living in our comfort zone.

He risked his life trying to make some sort of difference (even if only via photography), and he died attempting that. I mourn for people like him, that leave the safety of their homes to in order to try and bring us a closer protrayel of the events and atrocities unfolding in these sorts of regions, and subsequently die attempting it. I also mourn for the people that died in this conflict for no other reason than simply existing, for simply living in a location where psychopaths are running free killing everyone in their paths.

We shouldn't need these sorts of instances to be reminded that whilst we're all debating our standpoints (from the safety of our homes!) that people are dying in these regions.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline audioedge

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What would Buddha do?
« Reply #1581 on: August 20, 2014, 12:54:38 pm »
ISIS are a fucking disgrace and need wiping out. Using the quran as an excuse for ethnic cleansing. Brainwashing children and gullible idiots on the internet, they are a real threat to our liberties.

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #1582 on: August 20, 2014, 01:53:56 pm »
Mans inhumanity to one another is one of the reasons i do not believe in any religions.

Isis are evil simple as that, they use the Quran as an excuse for their evil crimes against Humanity, they need to be stopped by whatever legal means possible, the leaders need to be caught and tried, killing them makes martyrs off them.

No, their crimes against humanity are a result of their belief in the Quran. Do you really think these people don't actually believe what they're saying?

These people are fucking terrifying. Truly.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1583 on: August 20, 2014, 02:40:17 pm »

Nor is it a question of ISIS beheading people "for the craic". They have a more precise and more ambitious project than that. They want to establish a Caliphate.

I know. It's just a figure of speech. Although with the frequency with which they do it, and for their excuses that they do it for, you'd be forgiven for thinking it was just a bit of craic to them, such is their lack of empathy in their acts.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #1584 on: August 20, 2014, 03:12:07 pm »
Philosophy and chemistry banned in schools by ISIS

The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) has established an “Islamic curriculum” for students living in the Syrian northern city of Raqqa and banned the study of philosophy and chemistry, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR) reported Friday.

The militants called on teachers and school directors to “prepare an Islamic education system in the schools of Raqqa,” which would be reviewed by a board of education appointed by ISIS.

They vowed adequate wages to teachers and principals in Raqqa.

The decision to remove chemistry and philosophy from the curriculums comes as ISIS militants said “they do not fit in with the laws of god,” the London-based monitor group said.

The Sunni fighters have already closed several schools in the province, which had an educational program consistent with the Syrian regime of Bashar al-Assad.

ISIS, which first emerged in Syria’s war in spring 2013, has since imposed near-total control in Raqqa province and Deir Ezzor on the Iraq border.

source

Philosophy and chemistry, eh? I don't see biology surviving either, as these loons almost certainly don't accept evolution.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1585 on: August 20, 2014, 03:34:27 pm »
I also mourn for the people that died in this conflict for no other reason than simply existing, for simply living in a location where psychopaths are running free killing everyone in their paths.

Sorry Doc, but I have to pull you up on that. They aren't killing everyone. They are killing specific groups of people.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #1586 on: August 20, 2014, 03:37:39 pm »
Sorry Doc, but I have to pull you up on that. They aren't killing everyone. They are killing specific groups of people.

He said everyone in their path, which to me implied they're killing everyone in opposition to them. Which is true. Anyway, don't want to get bogged down in semantics.

Obviously ISIS must be stopped but what is the long-term plan for the West? Is it a possibility that the US could actually start working with the Assad regime in Syria?
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Online Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1587 on: August 20, 2014, 03:48:52 pm »
I know. It's just a figure of speech.

Oh, right. I honestly thought you meant to say they weren't motivated by religion.

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1588 on: August 20, 2014, 04:07:18 pm »
He said everyone in their path, which to me implied they're killing everyone in opposition to them. Which is true. Anyway, don't want to get bogged down in semantics.

Obviously ISIS must be stopped but what is the long-term plan for the West? Is it a possibility that the US could actually start working with the Assad regime in Syria?
I don't think oppose is the right word. The Yazidis were butchered not because they were in opposition to IS. But because they were infidels. 

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1589 on: August 20, 2014, 04:09:16 pm »
My heart tinks there should be no other action than to wipe every barbaric ISIS member off the face of the earth, my head says that would make us as bad as them.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #1590 on: August 20, 2014, 04:41:57 pm »
Absolutely sickening, it's 2014 and acts like this are still occurring due to religious bullshit. The human race is absolutely fucking putrid.

Yup, without religion the world would be a better place, 100% - going around stoning people, beheading people, mutilation, etc all in the name of some higher being, sickening.

My heart thinks there should be no other action than to wipe every barbaric ISIS member off the face of the earth, my head says that would make us as bad as them.

I agree, it would make us as bad as them but in some ways, if I had the power, I think I could live with that burder as I'd imagine I'd be doing the world a favour... then again they probably believe that what they do falls along the same lines by "cleansing" the world of non believers and all that crap.

If religion didn't exist these people would be seen for what they really are, mass murdering psycopaths and would be tackled as such.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 04:48:09 pm by PhilV »

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #1591 on: August 20, 2014, 04:45:48 pm »
I don't think oppose is the right word. The Yazidis were butchered not because they were in opposition to IS. But because they were infidels.

Indeed. If you're not with them you're against them. Just how people can bring themselves to do these things is beyond me.

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1592 on: August 20, 2014, 05:01:51 pm »
My heart tinks there should be no other action than to wipe every barbaric ISIS member off the face of the earth, my head says that would make us as bad as them.
I don't think standing up to tyranny, or in this case religiously motivated nutters who won't surrender, makes 'us' as bad as them on any level.
There isn't some cosy solution to this. They have to be defeated on the battlefield as they are awash with funds they've pillaged from the towns and cities they've taken and will keep going. They aren't going compromise their beliefs and stop carrying out what they consider their religion's calling ('theirs' as opposed to the religion as followed by more peaceful Muslims). In the unlikely event that their leadership could be taken alive, they should be tried for their crimes. Whatever foot soldiers remain should also be tried, imprisoned if found guilty and then rehabilitated if possible. Again, I think effective rehabilitation is unlikely as they are religiously motivated nutters.

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1593 on: August 20, 2014, 08:12:43 pm »
Wonder what they'll do with the British nationals that come back yet can't be charged with committing a criminal offence but are regarded as dangerous?
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Online Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1594 on: August 20, 2014, 08:16:29 pm »
Wonder what they'll do with the British nationals that come back yet can't be charged with committing a criminal offence but are regarded as dangerous?

I think they can be.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1595 on: August 20, 2014, 09:23:36 pm »

If religion didn't exist these people would be seen for what they really are, mass murdering psycopaths and would be tackled as such.

Like the Talaban they use religion as a shield/excuse to push a radical political agenda.

Who am I kidding?  These nutjobs make the Talaban seem warm and cuddly.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1596 on: August 20, 2014, 09:30:01 pm »
I think they can be.

Cheers.

I know Cameron has said there'll be no British boots on the ground over there but id be very surprised if our special forces aren't already gathering intelligence on them
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1597 on: August 20, 2014, 09:31:09 pm »
Cheers.

I know Cameron has said there'll be no British boots on the ground over there but id be very surprised if our special forces aren't already gathering intelligence on them
They have been doing that for sometime.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1598 on: August 20, 2014, 10:42:51 pm »
its disgusting whats going on over there.

i think it was the opening ceremony of the commonwealth games i was watching whilst the yazidis were dying on mount sinjar.
i rememeber thinking of the stark differences in the world we live in despite being only miles from each other,
its a sad world,also a good world but right now i dont think im the only one thinking theres an awful lot of bad shit going on and it can be depressing.

subhumans 1983

Do you believe in the afterlife
Termination with a rusty knife
Religious wars no reason why
What a glorious way to die

In the name of God they left you to die
Religious wars there's no reason why
They left you to die

The ultimate excuse is here
Die for a cause, religion is fear
Fear of the threat of something unreal
Abdicate the way you really feel

In the darkness of death
There's no light in your eyes
A cross in your grave
Your time has arrived
bollocks

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #1599 on: August 21, 2014, 03:11:38 pm »

get them caught and tried in a court of law,  otherwise we make them martyrs and create a recruitment opportunity for more of them.
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode