Author Topic: Jordon Ibe  (Read 129126 times)

Offline DefJack

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jorden Ibe
« Reply #80 on: July 20, 2013, 05:06:02 pm »
His strength/speed endurance at high speed is his real strength, he's a bit like Rooney in that he's got a man's body at 17, but he needs to do a lot of work of the technical/mental side of his game in my opinion, I think a year with the U21's will do good for him, hopefully followed by a Championship loan.

A lot of potential with those natural physical attributes, I don't think he'll be ready to be a PL starter for a few years yet

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2013, 05:17:16 pm »
Think Ibe's surge towards the first team is why we cooled our interest in Atsu - doubt you'd be able to fit in Sterling/Ibe + another 18-21 type wide attacker imo.

Him and Sterling are a perfect pair for either side - Sterling is far more tricky and with great close control, Ibe is strong powerful and has that natural burst.. They both possess speed and tactical discipline - huge futures ahead if managed right and they stay free from injury.

Offline Danny_

• Amnesiac_
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2013, 05:19:35 pm »
His strength/speed endurance at high speed is his real strength, he's a bit like Rooney in that he's got a man's body at 17, but he needs to do a lot of work of the technical/mental side of his game in my opinion, I think a year with the U21's will do good for him, hopefully followed by a Championship loan.

A lot of potential with those natural physical attributes, I don't think he'll be ready to be a PL starter for a few years yet
  I think he'll get chances this season in the first team.  If he impresses, he'll be another Sterling.  I'm also really excited by him - he looks like a real talent. 

Offline DefJack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2013, 06:01:40 pm »
  I think he'll get chances this season in the first team.  If he impresses, he'll be another Sterling.  I'm also really excited by him - he looks like a real talent.

Thats exactly the comparison we need to avoid, far too much pressure, can't expect him to start PL games or get an international cap at 17, he's very strong physically, thats what helps him stand out at this age, but he has a lot of work to do on the rest of his game.

Offline CharlieAdamsLeftFoot

• has gone to Stoke with his right foot.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What you achieve in life, echoes an eternity.
« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2013, 06:09:13 pm »
Player!
Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless,
who strove and worried so that others could share the glory,
and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say

'We're Liverpool'

Offline ElstonGunn

• is Billy Beane
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2013, 08:35:50 pm »
Jordon.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2013, 08:38:11 pm »
could very well be the next sterling, can't wait for the young ojo to break through so he can be the next ibe

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2013, 08:41:03 pm »
Jordon Eye-b has the potential to go as far as he wants. His pace, power and skill at 17 is incredible.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2013, 10:19:49 pm »
I can't imagine how he felt experiencing those fans in Indonesia today, must be overwhelming to a 17 year old kid.

I hope it shows him just how huge Liverpool is, and I hope the god like status given to Gerrard over there shows him just what he can achieve if keeps his feet on the ground.

This pre-season will be so beneficial to him, he certainly has the raw talent to break into the first team squad on a regular basis this year.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2013, 10:50:39 pm »
could very well be the next sterling, can't wait for the young ojo to break through so he can be the next ibe

:D
"Salahs in here......"

Offline The Mule

• Kalgan's finest
  • Kopite
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2013, 11:49:12 pm »
One thing I'm quite chuffed about is I get a sense of some quite fierce but friendly competition between him and Raheem.

Probably more from Raheem's end (he's hardly had the chance to get his feet under the table as being our next big hope - speedy, skilful and seemingly destined for great things before another fella starts creeping up behind him trying to steal his thunder).

I think said competition could be really really good for both of them.

Kind of takes the pressure off a little in terms of the 'weight of the shirt' while they focus on trying to out-do each other (while still being team players of course).

Haven't got anything substantial to back this up, just theory mixed with a few little things I've seen and read from both of them.
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in the first half hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker."

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #91 on: July 21, 2013, 02:16:11 am »
Good God the kid is fast. Every time I see him play, I'm shocked by just how quick he is. At the same time, he isn't dependent on it, so I'm not overly worried he'll become a pace merchant like Walcott or Lennon - not that I'd turn my nose up at either, mind.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline rednationals

• Anny Roader
« Reply #92 on: July 21, 2013, 02:47:32 am »
you must remember your name.  Ibe, Ibe, it rhymes with scribe.

Offline GregCharrua

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: July 21, 2013, 02:53:34 am »
you must remember your name.  Ibe, Ibe, it rhymes with scribe.

REEK. Reading that very book at the moment!

As for Ibe, he's one to keep an eye on while he develops and I certainly hope he lives up to what a lot of us expect from him...

Offline seal75

• Kopite
« Reply #94 on: July 21, 2013, 05:56:08 am »
One thing I'm quite chuffed about is I get a sense of some quite fierce but friendly competition between him and Raheem.

Probably more from Raheem's end (he's hardly had the chance to get his feet under the table as being our next big hope - speedy, skilful and seemingly destined for great things before another fella starts creeping up behind him trying to steal his thunder).

I think said competition could be really really good for both of them.

Kind of takes the pressure off a little in terms of the 'weight of the shirt' while they focus on trying to out-do each other (while still being team players of course).

Haven't got anything substantial to back this up, just theory mixed with a few little things I've seen and read from both of them.
Yeah I've got that impression too. You can sense that there's some rivalry (a good one) between the two as they play in the same position.
They both want to do their best and make their best impression infront of Rodgers.
They will improve their game very quickly if this goes on.
"Ni pour, ni contre. Bien au contraire!", Coluche.

Offline ryan125

• Kopite
« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2013, 08:42:19 am »
Yeah I've got that impression too. You can sense that there's some rivalry (a good one) between the two as they play in the same position.
They both want to do their best and make their best impression infront of Rodgers.
They will improve their game very quickly if this goes on.

Both impress me but I personally think they play the game very differently from each other. Ibe reminds me more of Oxlade Chamberlain, while Sterling is better technically with the ball and has better game intelligence, although he's obviously further on in his development, I've been blown away how good both of them look so far though, Sterling is going to destroy teams in the last half hour next season!

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2013, 12:37:56 pm »
So the thread name's changed and it's still got his name wrong?

It's Jordon. With an O.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordon_Ibe
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Red Reign

• Anny Roader
  • Get Busy Livin' or Get Busy Dyin'.
Jorden Ibe
« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2013, 12:58:34 pm »
So the thread name's changed and it's still got his name wrong?

It's Jordon. With an O.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordon_Ibe

I'm sure it was tongue-in-cheek.
“Just go out and drop a few hand grenades all over the place son.” - Bill Shankly

Offline chanti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2013, 01:48:18 pm »
Really like the look of him

Pele and White Pele and Giigs started their career quite early.

Hope Rodgers trust him enough to give him a good run in the team.

Slightly better than Assadi and Sterling for me.

Tim to sell Downing IMHO.

Offline PROPER crazyemlyn72

• is Android
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2013, 02:12:39 pm »
What time does the title change to jordun?

Offline fatlip13

• Anny Roader
« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2013, 04:27:04 pm »
looks quite special does Ibe. i hope we learn from Sterling not to over play him. 2 games a month for the 1st team would be enough. basically him and raheem take 1 place on the team. a bit much to ask 2 young teenagers to lead the attack of a top 4 challenging team, hopefully

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2013, 04:40:24 pm »
looks quite special does Ibe. i hope we learn from Sterling not to over play him. 2 games a month for the 1st team would be enough. basically him and raheem take 1 place on the team. a bit much to ask 2 young teenagers to lead the attack of a top 4 challenging team, hopefully

At 19, Giggs made 38 league appearances in a 42 game season, and at 20 he made 41 appearances in a 42 game season. I think they'll be fine, if their rest is managed appropriately. Sterling wasn't overplayed last season - he lost form and got pushed around a bit. This season, in two games so far, he seems to have gotten stronger in his upper body, as well as learned that his speed is his biggest asset and is using that a lot more directly. I think we'll see Sterling with a lot more games, and Ibe with about 20 appearances in total. It wouldn't surprise me to see Sterling become a starting wide mid by Christmas, with Downing being the back-up, and Ibe being the preferred sub for Coutinho/Alberto on the left by the Easter programme of games.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
Re: Jordun Ibe
« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2013, 05:01:41 pm »
He's stepping up very nicely, I look forward to seeing him whenever he's in the team.

Offline Willafus

• Main Stander
« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2013, 07:06:18 pm »
He's been impressive so far! Hopefully this season he will be his breakthrough into the first team squad like sterling last year. There's no reason why he can't force himself into the starting 11 for a bunch of games either!

Good player this Jordin lad.

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: July 21, 2013, 07:26:41 pm »

Slightly better than Assadi and Sterling for me.

Don't know how people can say this after two friendlies. Give Jordyn a bit of time before heaping the pressure on.

Offline Messiah

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #105 on: July 22, 2013, 02:51:17 am »
So his name is not pronounced Eyebee like all the commentators think. It's pronounced Eyeb like the 'ibe' in 'scribe'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MZ_WNY8QBLA
Will the people in the cheaper seats clap your hands? And the rest of you, if you'll just rattle your jewelry.

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2013, 02:56:54 am »
This thread title continues to make me chuckle. That is all.

Offline AshTJ

• Kopite
    • www.twitter.com/ashtjay
« Reply #107 on: July 23, 2013, 04:37:48 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/bc0tGQdaU14?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/bc0tGQdaU14?fs=1</a>
Twitter - @ashtjay
Youtube - www.youtube.com/user/ashtjproductions

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #108 on: July 23, 2013, 05:15:44 am »
Looking forward to seeing young Jardon play tomorrow night.
We are Liverpool!

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: July 23, 2013, 05:38:01 am »
Promising lad with pace and power. Physically hes much more imposing than Giggs but his technical qualities are considerably less than what I remember of Giggs at that age.

Along with Sterling and Downing, he's a genuine wide player while our other attackers look more comfortable centrally. I expect BR to go with Downing primarily if we need true wingers but would love to see both Sterling and Ibe get a run in the last 10-15 mins of games at tired defenders. The threat of searing pace often has a way of opening up gaps for other attacking players too. I remember the arsenal team in the late 90s played a possession style game but had some lightning fast players like Overmars, Anelka and that provided a lot of goals just by being able to split teams open and create space for a lethal but classy finisher like Bergkamp.

Offline Not Bob

• RAWK Factor Winner 2012 - it's a rap, folks!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: July 23, 2013, 03:45:10 pm »
Gordon eBay is definitely one for the future.

Offline fewmin' bedwetter

• Would appear to have great expectations......
  • Kopite
« Reply #111 on: July 23, 2013, 04:08:32 pm »
Just hope Jordon Ike doesn't go all thinking he's the son of god, like his dad...
NEVER starts a sentence with, "So..."

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: July 23, 2013, 05:31:14 pm »
Don't know how people can say this after two friendlies. Give Jordyn a bit of time before heaping the pressure on.

based on 2 friendlies is a bit quick.

think he is more composed than both and his first time passing is up to the required standard.
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
Re: Jordon Ibe
« Reply #113 on: July 23, 2013, 06:56:12 pm »
Grydon Eybyra of The Northern Province of Numhippet

He has recently traversed the Afneld Peninsula with the paladin Roehom Starlink
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline serpentnebula

• Main Stander
« Reply #114 on: July 24, 2013, 03:55:12 am »
Think it has to be to Jordon's tremendous benefit that he'll be developing under Bren, who for me is one of the best in the game at developing young talent. He will know exactly how many games and minutes Jordon needs this season. There are no guarantees but he's in the perfect system to develop as a player, I reckon.

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: July 24, 2013, 12:02:53 pm »
impressed greatly by that half.

first time play is really good.
his link up play is also coming along nicely.

Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline Quaid

• Thinks clinical is cretinous. Takes one to know one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: July 24, 2013, 12:05:26 pm »
impressed greatly by that half.

first time play is really good.
his link up play is also coming along nicely.

and he's only 17!  ;D
“By definition, you have to live until you die. Better to make that life as complete and enjoyable an experience as possible, in case death is shite, which I suspect it will be.”

Offline stevenalonsa

• Legacy Fan
  • my d.o.b. 30.5.85 same as gerrard
« Reply #117 on: July 24, 2013, 01:26:00 pm »
He looked great..Arguably the most interested player on the pitch today for us along with Sterling  :).. He has got serious pace and was unlucky that his cut-backs didnt find his team-mates today..

Offline King Lucas

• Boys Pen
  • LFC
« Reply #118 on: July 24, 2013, 05:52:20 pm »
I was very impressed with his composure on the ball. Whenever he was in the corner in a 1v1 or 1v2, he woudn't just take his man on every time. He turned to the outside and picked out a pass to the open player(s). Very impressed so far; what do you guys seem his role being this year?

Offline ElstonGunn

• is Billy Beane
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: July 24, 2013, 05:55:51 pm »
Geordin looked good out there today.