Author Topic: Daniel Agger  (Read 117621 times)

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Daniel Agger
« Reply #160 on: June 12, 2013, 08:04:30 pm »
Just make sure you don't air the performances on TV - RAWK won't treat you kindly: "3/10 at best, can't do the basics and no flair or trickery to boot"

Hop, skip and a hoof are the foreplay moves that I'll probably be slated for on here. And being a bit nervous when I venture outside the box.

Going into coaching or punditry?

I wanted top go into punditry but I feel inadequate that it might not be a bigger fucking cock than Craig Burley.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline pooley

• No...! They're not baby wipes!
  • Kopite
« Reply #161 on: June 12, 2013, 08:20:33 pm »
Hop, skip and a hoof are the foreplay moves that I'll probably be slated for on here. And being a bit nervous when I venture outside the box.

I wanted top go into punditry but I feel inadequate that it might not be a bigger fucking cock than Craig Burley.
you could try this
http://www.movieweb.com/dvd/DVfchhfjYIdqii/hamburger
I wish I could still climb up the drain-pipe that used to be at the back of the toilet that was outside the kop.

Offline Livo.85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: July 23, 2013, 08:49:38 am »
Getting forward doesn't make you a natural attacker. Agger gets forward, but he wouldn't be considered a natural attacker, he would be considered a natural defender. Skrtel scores goals, but he wouldn't be considered a natural attacker either - he is a natural defender. It's about how the players think, and what they can add in terms of goals. It's the Ajax model - the less goals you score, the further back you will end up playing.
A natural attacker scores goals though, on a regular basis (for their position). They have an eye for a goal, and have that "hunger" to score them whenever they get the chance. They don't always succeed, but they have a natural affinity for shooting. We must remember the end-point of every attack - a shot on goal. So you think about not just how they play now, but how they played when they were younger, and what their natural instincts are. You can delve even deeper and look into their psychology of risk acceptance or aversion. Low risk players wouldn't be natural attackers, because they like to give that responsibility to someone else - that doesn't mean they can't be "attackers" - but it does mean they are not "natural" attackers. "Natural" attackers accept the risk of failure, and they aren't afraid to miss or fail with their shot. Johnson is a "natural" attacker, because he has no fear of missing when he shoots. Bale is the same. Wisdom, on the other hand, can "attack", but he delays too much when he gets in shooting positions, so he is more naturally "defensive". Same goes for Lucas, which explains his poor scoring rate, and why Rafa moved him back into a deeper position from his attacking midfield beginnings.
On the Agger debate I agree with what you are saying about what defines a natural attacker but I think there can be a debate on whether Agger fits this definition.

Agger's first competitive season for Brondby (04-05): 26 league appearances - 5 goals. "So you think about not just how they play now, but how they played when they were younger, and what their natural instincts are."

Agger's International Career: 56 appearances - 7 goals. "Low risk players wouldn't be natural attackers, because they like to give that responsibility to someone else - that doesn't mean they can't be "attackers" - but it does mean they are not "natural" attackers."

Agger's most recent league season for Liverpool: 35 appearances - 3 goals. 1.1 shots per game (whoscored.com). "A natural attacker scores goals though, on a regular basis (for their position). They have an eye for a goal, and have that "hunger" to score them whenever they get the chance. They don't always succeed, but they have a natural affinity for shooting".

You state that Johnson is a natural attacker but he plays fullback, never as winger for Liverpool.  "Johnson is a "natural" attacker, because he has no fear of missing when he shoots." So just because a player plays further back doesn't mean that he isn't a natural attacker. This is contradicted with "It's the Ajax model - the less goals you score, the further back you will end up playing".

I would say that there are certain central defenders in the game that are "natural" attackers, there is only a small crop of them though. Because they are also natural defenders, that is the position they play. Other examples that I consider "natural" attackers that are also natural defenders are: Vertonghen & D.Luiz. These are players that are willing to take risks, take shots, score a decent amount of goals for their position. Agger IMO in the right system does that. Under Hodgson, Rafa & Kenny/Clarke, Agger had no freedom to show that "natural" attacking instinct. Yet at Brondby, Denmark & under Rodgers there is more than enough evidence to convince me he is just that: A central defensive player that posses a "natural" attacking instinct.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #163 on: July 23, 2013, 03:30:11 pm »
On the Agger debate I agree with what you are saying about what defines a natural attacker but I think there can be a debate on whether Agger fits this definition.

Agger's first competitive season for Brondby (04-05): 26 league appearances - 5 goals. "So you think about not just how they play now, but how they played when they were younger, and what their natural instincts are."

Agger's International Career: 56 appearances - 7 goals. "Low risk players wouldn't be natural attackers, because they like to give that responsibility to someone else - that doesn't mean they can't be "attackers" - but it does mean they are not "natural" attackers."

Agger's most recent league season for Liverpool: 35 appearances - 3 goals. 1.1 shots per game (whoscored.com). "A natural attacker scores goals though, on a regular basis (for their position). They have an eye for a goal, and have that "hunger" to score them whenever they get the chance. They don't always succeed, but they have a natural affinity for shooting".

You state that Johnson is a natural attacker but he plays fullback, never as winger for Liverpool.  "Johnson is a "natural" attacker, because he has no fear of missing when he shoots." So just because a player plays further back doesn't mean that he isn't a natural attacker. This is contradicted with "It's the Ajax model - the less goals you score, the further back you will end up playing".

I would say that there are certain central defenders in the game that are "natural" attackers, there is only a small crop of them though. Because they are also natural defenders, that is the position they play. Other examples that I consider "natural" attackers that are also natural defenders are: Vertonghen & D.Luiz. These are players that are willing to take risks, take shots, score a decent amount of goals for their position. Agger IMO in the right system does that. Under Hodgson, Rafa & Kenny/Clarke, Agger had no freedom to show that "natural" attacking instinct. Yet at Brondby, Denmark & under Rodgers there is more than enough evidence to convince me he is just that: A central defensive player that posses a "natural" attacking instinct.

Good spot. I didn't realise Agger scored that frequently for Denmark. I stand corrected. The point remains, though, and is strengthened by Agger's example, that a "natural" attacker provides goals at a rate befitting their position on the field. They are not risk-averse players - they accept it. The context of the quotes you used was about Aly Cissokho and my reckoning that he could play as left-footed cover for Agger in a pinch, because his scoring rate over his career shows that he is happier not taking risks than he is shooting and failing, so his mentality is already present to be an emergency central defender should anything happen to Agger, which would make his loan deal more attractive to a manager. 

I don't understand the point about the "Ajax model" contradiction though?
Better looking than Samie.

Offline iiqae

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #164 on: July 26, 2013, 08:29:38 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/pQBNNEvi2X4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/pQBNNEvi2X4</a>

Beginning to sound like a scouser

from the audio/video thread.

five or ten years down the line, i can see lucas being my favorite all-time liverpool player, not necessarily for achievements but for the way he conducts himself, the resilience he constantly exhibits and how he plays the game.

yet, when i watch that video, as much as i want to see lucas become vice captain, you see daniel agger's reaction to the question, and it's hard to see how anyone else could want it more than him.

it's a constant debate we have -- that of loving the club or the footballer. and as much pain as you risk by attaching yourself to the person as opposed to the club, i have faith that people like daniel agger reciprocate all your devotion.

fuck me. i've been swayed. give the vice captaincy to daniel agger.

in a way, i feel more of an association with the foreign players who come into liverpool and develop an attachment with the club as opposed to born and bred scousers. it's not better or worse. just different.

it is to say that foreign fans who opted to support liverpool football club had a choice in who we committed ourselves to (as opposed to growing up on the mersey). sounds really corny and i wish a had a more eloquent way of going about it.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 08:40:45 pm by iiqae »

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #165 on: July 26, 2013, 09:09:33 pm »
from the audio/video thread.

five or ten years down the line, i can see lucas being my favorite all-time liverpool player, not necessarily for achievements but for the way he conducts himself, the resilience he constantly exhibits and how he plays the game.

yet, when i watch that video, as much as i want to see lucas become vice captain, you see daniel agger's reaction to the question, and it's hard to see how anyone else could want it more than him.

it's a constant debate we have -- that of loving the club or the footballer. and as much pain as you risk by attaching yourself to the person as opposed to the club, i have faith that people like daniel agger reciprocate all your devotion.

fuck me. i've been swayed. give the vice captaincy to daniel agger.

in a way, i feel more of an association with the foreign players who come into liverpool and develop an attachment with the club as opposed to born and bred scousers. it's not better or worse. just different.

it is to say that foreign fans who opted to support liverpool football club had a choice in who we committed ourselves to (as opposed to growing up on the mersey). sounds really corny and i wish a had a more eloquent way of going about it.

That reaction does it for me as well. Just give it to him. Agger is boss.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: July 27, 2013, 02:02:54 am »
Not seen many interviews from Agger over the years, he strikes me as a bit nervous and uncomfortable. Maybe now it looks like he will be VC he will have to do a bit more, obviously Stevie will handle the majority. I think its a good decision but I wouldn't have been unhappy with Lucas either. It had to be one or the other IMO.

Offline krizzobizzle

• Mr Fun at a party near you soon!
  • Kopite
« Reply #167 on: July 28, 2013, 01:22:06 am »
With all this Suarez shit swirling around, I just want to put my two cents into this thread and say that if there's any hero worship to be done, it should be done with players like Dagger and Sami who are loyal as the day is long.When the dust settles they will be the true legends at this club, remembered for what you done as a player rather than how much you stuffed you bank account with.

Guy is a class act and a rare breed of foreign player who comes in and just gets it. Fair play to him, love the guy.

Offline imnofreak

• Anny Roader
« Reply #168 on: July 28, 2013, 01:51:50 am »
With all this Suarez shit swirling around, I just want to put my two cents into this thread and say that if there's any hero worship to be done, it should be done with players like Dagger and Sami who are loyal as the day is long.When the dust settles they will be the true legends at this club, remembered for what you done as a player rather than how much you stuffed you bank account with.

Guy is a class act and a rare breed of foreign player who comes in and just gets it. Fair play to him, love the guy.

Amen to that. Danny stayed back signing shirts and whatnot at the hotel in Australia for an extra 5mins after everyone had gone. Love him to bits.

Offline DyingAtheist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: July 28, 2013, 02:00:59 am »
Not really contributing much to the thread, but so many people say that "after Gerrard" we don't have too much loyalty in the squad... well. Step forward Agger. Class all the way through, top player, captain when Stevie retired for me.
One of my favourite ever Liverpool players and I hope he goes down as a legend for this club.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: July 28, 2013, 02:37:12 am »
Bit left field, but I reckon Brendan's considering Toure for vice-captain.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: July 28, 2013, 02:41:49 am »
Not seen many interviews from Agger over the years, he strikes me as a bit nervous and uncomfortable. Maybe now it looks like he will be VC he will have to do a bit more, obviously Stevie will handle the majority. I think its a good decision but I wouldn't have been unhappy with Lucas either. It had to be one or the other IMO.

He's just laid back and doesn't seem to like the 'glitz' around being a footballer. He sees it as a job, and has said as much - I think it's refreshing that he's been candid at times. I think he even said he wanted to be a fighter pilot. He seems more bemused by it all than anything.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: August 4, 2013, 10:29:16 pm »
Every time he goes down injured I think the worst. Honestly this guy is made of glass, if we didn't have a medical team I'm pretty sure he'd just fall apart after every game. Any news on how bad it was?
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: August 4, 2013, 10:30:51 pm »
Would be my choice. Might help to make him a bit more vocal.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: August 4, 2013, 11:44:13 pm »
Every time he goes down injured I think the worst. Honestly this guy is made of glass, if we didn't have a medical team I'm pretty sure he'd just fall apart after every game. Any news on how bad it was?

He's fine isn't he? Also when's the last time he had an injury?

Offline Geormajesty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: August 5, 2013, 01:49:12 am »
He's fine isn't he? Also when's the last time he had an injury?
He missed the last couple of games of the season with a back injury.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #176 on: August 5, 2013, 02:51:38 am »
He missed the last couple of games of the season with a back injury.

It wasn't a back injury - he had injections and rehab on an existing one, I think he said
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Endoe

• Legacy Fan
  • A liverbird on my chest
« Reply #177 on: August 5, 2013, 03:50:08 am »

Dont think you could describe any CB as a natural attacker, perhaps a player who gets forward and scores goals ( I guess Hodgson agre with you, playing Agger at fullback (not an attack on you, haha), fullbacks on the other hand I think can be regarded as natural attackers, Johnson, Alves etc
« Last Edit: August 5, 2013, 03:51:42 am by Endoe »

Offline crofty

• Main Stander
  • And number one is...
« Reply #178 on: August 5, 2013, 03:36:47 pm »
No sign of him in the training pics from today.

Offline ArchieC

• Legacy Fan
  • Once a Red Always a Red WE BLEED RED!!
« Reply #179 on: August 5, 2013, 04:57:45 pm »
Apparently Dagger is the only realistic option for Barcelona now.

Haha good luck Spaniards!
We all bleed RED!!

Offline ArchieC

• Legacy Fan
  • Once a Red Always a Red WE BLEED RED!!
« Reply #180 on: August 5, 2013, 04:59:21 pm »

It was a nasty tangle in the olympiakos game though so anybody in that position would have felt the same pain.
We all bleed RED!!

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #181 on: August 5, 2013, 05:41:56 pm »
It was a nasty tangle in the olympiakos game though so anybody in that position would have felt the same pain.

He got kneed in the lower left quad, as he had extended his leg to attempt to deflect the ball and/or impede the attacker. His left leg was not planted and it seemed he did the equivalent of 'rolling with a punch'. It's painful like an oedipus rex but it shouldn't be serious.
« Last Edit: August 5, 2013, 11:54:15 pm by GrkStav »
Ludi Circenses!

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #182 on: August 6, 2013, 04:11:36 am »

He got kneed in the lower left quad, as he had extended his leg to attempt to deflect the ball and/or impede the attacker. His left leg was not planted and it seemed he did the equivalent of 'rolling with a punch'. It's painful like an oedipus rex but it shouldn't be serious.

He's not on the trip for the Valerenga match so hopefully it's just precautionary to sit him out.
YWNA

Offline loozy

• Legacy Fan
  • Phil M's biggest female fan
« Reply #183 on: August 6, 2013, 10:17:37 am »
He's not on the trip for the Valerenga match so hopefully it's just precautionary to sit him out.

Or maybe he is in Barcelona for the medical ...

Offline Scarlet`

• Low profile with wide rims
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96!!!
    • Laconius Arts and Design
« Reply #184 on: August 7, 2013, 07:59:46 am »
Transfer News: Brendan Rodgers says Daniel Agger will be staying at Liverpool

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8858497/?

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers does not expect Daniel Agger to be leaving the club this summer.

Agger has been linked with a summer move, and Spanish giants Barcelona are one of those who are reportedly keen on the Dane.

Speaking to the Scandinavian media ahead of Liverpool's friendly with Valerenga on Wednesday, Rodgers insisted that he does not expect Agger to be leaving Anfield.

"This is all about loyalty," Rodgers told a press conference.

"He's obviously a world-class defender. Daniel is very committed to Liverpool; he's one of the players that have really impressed me.

"He gave me his word that for as long as I wanted him to be at Liverpool, he would be at Liverpool. He has never swayed from that."

"If we're talking about loyalty, he was one of the first players that I spoke to when I became the manager. At the time, there were a number of big clubs looking to sign Daniel.

"But he gave me his word that for as long as I wanted him to be at Liverpool, he would be at Liverpool. He has never swayed from that.

"He has an unswerving commitment to Liverpool which is so refreshing. His loyalty to the club is incredible.

"I would suspect when he signed his new contract last year, he was hoping that this would be the contract that's going to allow him to see out the best part of his career at Liverpool."

Agger's defensive colleague Martin Skrtel has also been linked with a move away from the club, and has been tipped to join Rafa Benitez at Napoli.
If Ayre got £25m out of them he's willing to fuck all the female members of my family on Sunday's.

Offline Messiah

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #185 on: August 7, 2013, 09:17:33 am »
HE NEEDS A PROPER FUCKING SONG
Will the people in the cheaper seats clap your hands? And the rest of you, if you'll just rattle your jewelry.

Offline KeithK83

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #186 on: August 7, 2013, 09:40:48 am »
Lovely to hear Rodgers praising Agger to the hilt and discussing how has a special kind of loyalty to this club. Would love him as Vice Captain.
Walk on... Walk on... With Hope... In Your Heart

Offline Cattive Maniere

• Legacy Fan
  • Mentalita Ultras
    • bettingtips365
« Reply #187 on: August 7, 2013, 09:48:35 am »

Offline JTK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: August 7, 2013, 11:29:28 am »
This a Liverpool player. Legend.

Offline reds7

• Kopite
  • Walk on Tommo
« Reply #189 on: August 7, 2013, 11:32:43 am »
Fucking Boss. Leave your studs in the twat as he's out the door Danny

Offline mart356

• Lucas Leiva, midfield saviour. Dejan Lover
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: August 7, 2013, 01:23:27 pm »
Just came to pay my respects to someone with true loyalty and respect, Agger, what a man.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BRELPRVCUAEnCUs.jpg

Offline astrid

• Main Stander
« Reply #191 on: August 7, 2013, 01:27:30 pm »
If Suarez goes to Arse, i will look forward to see him vs. Agger..

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
« Reply #192 on: August 7, 2013, 01:34:00 pm »
Just came to pay my respects to someone with true loyalty and respect, Agger, what a man.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BRELPRVCUAEnCUs.jpg

Is that Agger's twin right footed evil brother ?
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #193 on: August 7, 2013, 01:50:39 pm »
Agger!! I just don't have words to describe this guy. This is how you show your loyalty to the club which stood by him throughout his injury problems. Proper legend. It is not over the top to call this guy a legend
"Liverpool are the ones with the ball. I support them just for that"
"Ella pugazhum Iraivan Oruvanuke"

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: August 7, 2013, 01:53:18 pm »
"He has an unswerving commitment to Liverpool which is so refreshing. His loyalty to the club is incredible.

love the dig at Suarez

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #195 on: August 7, 2013, 02:15:20 pm »
love the dig at Suarez
Digs aside, it just shows what kind of person Agger is
"Liverpool are the ones with the ball. I support them just for that"
"Ella pugazhum Iraivan Oruvanuke"

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #196 on: August 7, 2013, 02:22:11 pm »
Agger is awesome.  Love the guy.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: August 7, 2013, 02:31:39 pm »
love the dig at Suarez
I think it's designed to show Barça Agger isn't the easy option if they fail to get Luiz, as they seemed to think.

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #198 on: August 7, 2013, 02:34:08 pm »
To En Vogues what a man

What a man,
what a man
what an Agger good man,
Whata Agger Agger good maaan!
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline dr.dracco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: August 7, 2013, 03:18:23 pm »
Nobody argues about his loyalty, or about his qualities as a footballer.

But after 3 average and bad last season, he should finally prove himself as a good defender.