Author Topic: Daniel Agger  (Read 117631 times)

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
Re: Daniel Agger
« Reply #200 on: August 7, 2013, 03:28:22 pm »
Dear Danny,

When a certain individual who may or may not play for Arsenal next season attempts to nutmeg you. Can you please show him YNWA on your knuckles up close and on the nose. Any red card will be instantly forgiven.

Yours Sincerely
Boots
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: August 7, 2013, 03:30:56 pm »
Now that Pepe has gone he HAS to be nailed on as the Vice Captain.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: August 7, 2013, 03:31:21 pm »
What a man, I really really hope he becomes vice captain and maybe one day captain.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #203 on: August 7, 2013, 03:33:37 pm »
Transfer News: Brendan Rodgers says Daniel Agger will be staying at Liverpool

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8858497/?

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers does not expect Daniel Agger to be leaving the club this summer.

Agger has been linked with a summer move, and Spanish giants Barcelona are one of those who are reportedly keen on the Dane.

Speaking to the Scandinavian media ahead of Liverpool's friendly with Valerenga on Wednesday, Rodgers insisted that he does not expect Agger to be leaving Anfield.

"This is all about loyalty," Rodgers told a press conference.

"He's obviously a world-class defender. Daniel is very committed to Liverpool; he's one of the players that have really impressed me.

"He gave me his word that for as long as I wanted him to be at Liverpool, he would be at Liverpool. He has never swayed from that."

"If we're talking about loyalty, he was one of the first players that I spoke to when I became the manager. At the time, there were a number of big clubs looking to sign Daniel.

"But he gave me his word that for as long as I wanted him to be at Liverpool, he would be at Liverpool. He has never swayed from that.

"He has an unswerving commitment to Liverpool which is so refreshing. His loyalty to the club is incredible.

"I would suspect when he signed his new contract last year, he was hoping that this would be the contract that's going to allow him to see out the best part of his career at Liverpool."

Agger's defensive colleague Martin Skrtel has also been linked with a move away from the club, and has been tipped to join Rafa Benitez at Napoli.

Lovely words from Rodgers but something that illustrates why we need to look at the bigger picture, this is what Rodgers said last season.

Brendan Rodgers has warned Manchester City they will have to dig deep if they want to prise Daniel Agger away from Liverpool.

Premier League champions City have been heavily linked with Agger as Roberto Mancini grows increasingly impatient at the lack of new faces this summer.

City rate the Denmark defender in the £18million bracket.

However, Rodgers, whilst admitting he does not want to lose Agger, acknowledges that everyone is for sale if the price is right.

And in Agger's case, that price will be big.

"Every player has a price and top centre-halves are at a premium," said Rodgers.

"Thiago Silva has left AC Milan for PSG for £40million.

"He (Agger) is one of the leading players in European football, so it is going to be a big valuation.

"Is he a player I want to lose? No - he understands how I want to work and can play a real pivotal part in how I want to play.

"But I am a realist.

"If someone comes in with a massive bid and it is in the best interests of the club, whether it is Daniel or any other player, you have to look at it."
 http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-could-sell-daniel-agger-1236860#ixzz2bIGfLCNc

How can we demand players show unstinting loyalty when it suits us but then say every player has their price. Isn't that a case of us having our cake and eating it.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: August 7, 2013, 03:36:36 pm »

Lovely words from Rodgers but something that illustrates why we need to look at the bigger picture, this is what Rodgers said last season.

Brendan Rodgers has warned Manchester City they will have to dig deep if they want to prise Daniel Agger away from Liverpool.

Premier League champions City have been heavily linked with Agger as Roberto Mancini grows increasingly impatient at the lack of new faces this summer.

However, Rodgers, whilst admitting he does not want to lose Agger, acknowledges that everyone is for sale if the price is right.

"Every player has a price and top centre-halves are at a premium," said Rodgers.

"He (Agger) is one of the leading players in European football, so it is going to be a big valuation.

"Is he a player I want to lose? No - he understands how I want to work and can play a real pivotal part in how I want to play.

"But I am a realist.

"If someone comes in with a massive bid and it is in the best interests of the club, whether it is Daniel or any other player, you have to look at it."
 http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-could-sell-daniel-agger-1236860#ixzz2bIGfLCNc

How can we demand players show unstinting loyalty when it suits us but then say every player has their price. Isn't that a case of us having our cake and eating it.

It's true though, every player does have their price. Messi even has his price. For every player there's a price when the club and manager has to think "ok that's more than he's worth to the team and with that money I might be able to get in similar/better and improve the team and squad".
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline ElstonGunn

• is Billy Beane
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #205 on: August 7, 2013, 03:39:05 pm »

"But I am a realist.

I don't think we do demand it. What makes you think we do? We're not demanding unstinting loyalty from Suarez at all. If he wanted to move abroad for CL and we got a decent offer, a few would be pissed at him, but most wouldn't begrudge him. It's not demanding unstinting loyalty to expect him to not a) blatantly lie about his reasons for leaving, b) try to force through a move to our main rival next year for a price below his true value, and c) be a c*nt.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #206 on: August 7, 2013, 03:39:44 pm »
Nobody argues about his loyalty, or about his qualities as a footballer.

But after 3 average and bad last season, he should finally prove himself as a good defender.

Your first sentence is excellent.

Your second one is ignorant.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #207 on: August 7, 2013, 03:53:08 pm »
I don't think we do demand it. What makes you think we do? We're not demanding unstinting loyalty from Suarez at all. If he wanted to move abroad for CL and we got a decent offer, a few would be pissed at him, but most wouldn't begrudge him. It's not demanding unstinting loyalty to expect him to not a) blatantly lie about his reasons for leaving, b) try to force through a move to our main rival next year for a price below his true value, and c) be a c*nt.

Can't you see the hypocrisy of praising Agger's loyalty now when it suits us but admitting that we would of cashed in last season if we had received a big offer for him. Hasn't loyalty got to be a two way street ?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline ElstonGunn

• is Billy Beane
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: August 7, 2013, 04:00:17 pm »
Can't you see the hypocrisy of praising Agger's loyalty now when it suits us but admitting that we would of cashed in last season if we had received a big offer for him. Hasn't loyalty got to be a two way street ?
No? That's like saying, "Can't you see the hypocrisy of praising your neighbor for giving 50% of his salary to charity, when you only give 10% of yours to charity?" Agger may have more loyalty to us than we have to him, but that hardly means that we have no loyalty--just that it only goes to a point--and it hardly makes it hypocritical to recognize the virtue of his actions.

Personally, there are certain players I'd want to be loyal to, no matter the price, and Agger is one of them. I understand why the club won't act that way, though, and I understand why most palyers won't either. Why should that mean we can't praise Agger when he goes above and beyond?

And for the love of God please assure me that you're not equating our willingness to sell agger for 35m to what Suarez is doing.

Offline Reese

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: August 7, 2013, 04:05:55 pm »

Right, Rodgers said something that is a reality for any club and we have the Grinch taking a moral stand on it.

FYI - The Suarez thread is back open, so please for the sake of not having another thread closed, go spout your same old story there.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #210 on: August 7, 2013, 04:22:01 pm »
Right, Rodgers said something that is a reality for any club and we have the Grinch taking a moral stand on it.

FYI - The Suarez thread is back open, so please for the sake of not having another thread closed, go spout your same old story there.

Who has mentioned Suarez ?

This is about Agger and I haven't took a moral stand merely pointing out the hypocrisy of Football fans because make no mistake the majority of the fans praising Agger now will have no problem whatsoever sticking the knife in if his performances dip. It is laughable.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline viteslesrouges

• Legacy Fan
  • Games : 535. Won : 308. Drawn : 131. Lost : 96
« Reply #211 on: August 7, 2013, 04:27:23 pm »
Dear Daniel,

One of my mates is stuck with a bit of spare time on his hands.

Can you pop round and have a game of Monopoly with him?

You'll have to watch him though coz he might try and cheat a bit, if he does just give him a bitch slap.

Thanks

You made me forget myself, I thought I was someone else, someone good.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #212 on: August 7, 2013, 04:30:22 pm »

This is about Agger and I haven't took a moral stand merely pointing out the hypocrisy of Football fans because make no mistake the majority of the fans praising Agger now will have no problem whatsoever sticking the knife in if his performances dip. It is laughable.

If Suarez committed his future and stayed then had a bad season next year, fans would be quick to say "should have took the money".

Turning down Real Madrid however many times didn't save Rafa Benitez's job the minute we were out the top 4.

There's not really loyalty in the game. It's life, people make decisions that they feel are best for them.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Reese

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: August 7, 2013, 05:15:05 pm »

If that's your intention, then fair enough. But where in your original post did you mention anything about performances and fans sticking the knife in? You don't.

Instead, you make a blanket statement about loyalty and selling a player - which as something that is currently and innately tied to Suarez, can easily be construed as an underhanded critique towards the current regime.

Offline Billy Blaze

• Main Stander
« Reply #214 on: August 7, 2013, 07:38:26 pm »
Danish media reporting that Barcelona have made a £17.5mill bid for Agger!

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: August 7, 2013, 07:46:45 pm »
Tony Barrett in The Times saying we have a fight to keep hold of him.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline RedHopper

• Hopping to a mightily lofty position and enjoying the view. If only custom titles could be in proportion to the member's average post length? My, what fun we could have! Imagine the sheer edification to be derived from testing the character limi
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: August 7, 2013, 07:47:54 pm »
hmm, If this was at the start of the transfer window, and the bid was about £25 million then I'd probably be in favour of letting him go, given his age, his injury record, and the all too frequent lapses in concentration. But We're in august, skrtel hasn't been sold and replaced, Coates hasn't been sold and replaced, And quite frankly given they were so out of favour last season, I'd sooner see them go first. The idea of replacing three centre halves and having them settle in by the start of the season is simply too much. We need someone for this season.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: August 7, 2013, 07:52:16 pm »
He would suit them down to the ground. If what Rodgers said is true he will be staying though, thank god.

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: August 7, 2013, 07:52:41 pm »
Danish media reporting that Barcelona have made a £17.5mill bid for Agger!

Laughable bid. He wont wanna go anyway.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #219 on: August 7, 2013, 07:53:01 pm »
Barca can do whatever they want. He's not leaving.
YWNA

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #220 on: August 7, 2013, 07:53:57 pm »
Thought they were after Luiz?
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: August 7, 2013, 07:55:34 pm »
Tony Barrett in The Times saying we have a fight to keep hold of him.

People talk of the impending disaster if/when Suarez leaves, well it would be "a storm in a tea cup" compared to Agger leaving. I am currently very optimistic about the upcoming season, losing Agger would completely destroy that.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline ElstonGunn

• is Billy Beane
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: August 7, 2013, 07:56:51 pm »
Shit. Barca's the one club you can imagine him going to. Oh well, no use getting upset until we know more.

Offline RichardM

• should be revising rather than whining on here
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: August 7, 2013, 07:57:42 pm »
Hopefully the vice captaincy will show him how much we appreciate his loyalty. One of the players (like Pepe was) who I genuinely wouldn't blame for wanting to leave, but by all accounts is more than happy to stay.

Offline Akalasa

• Anny Roader
« Reply #224 on: August 7, 2013, 07:58:53 pm »
He's not going anywhere. Barca can do one.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: August 7, 2013, 08:07:11 pm »
This may be good news on the  Agger to Barcelona speculation

David Luiz: Barcelona bid for Chelsea defender

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23602755
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #226 on: August 7, 2013, 08:08:54 pm »
Typical this would come out twenty-four hours after Rodgers said Agger would be loyal to us.  Let's hope that that proves to be the case.

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #227 on: August 7, 2013, 08:09:17 pm »
People talk of the impending disaster if/when Suarez leaves, well it would be "a storm in a tea cup" compared to Agger leaving. I am currently very optimistic about the upcoming season, losing Agger would completely destroy that.
Although it's a completely different kind of scenario, I agree wholeheartedly. It'll have a huge impact on the quality of our best side when Suarez eventually scurries off, but he's already gone in most if not all of our hearts; a true "dead to me" situation. 

Dagger leaves before his time, and for me it's the next one down after the thought of Gerrard finally hanging up his boots; it's the end of an era, properly, and leaves a huge void there in far more than just talent terms. I can only speak for myself, like.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #228 on: August 7, 2013, 08:14:12 pm »
Fucking kill yourselves, Barca.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Kadian

• Trolling along... The Specious One. Whistles the Liquidator as he types disparaging comments about Mario Balotelli So utterly predictable, Moreno's best mate
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're coming
« Reply #229 on: August 7, 2013, 08:15:19 pm »
£15m bid for Agger from Barca. Eurgh.

This will really test Agger's loyalty towards us. I do remember him talking of, how only Barca could incite him away.
« Last Edit: August 7, 2013, 08:16:58 pm by Kadian »

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: August 7, 2013, 08:16:34 pm »
Just turn it down, that simple.  Even if Agger wanted to leave and we refused to let him go, I doubt he'd cause any fuss.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: August 7, 2013, 08:18:39 pm »
£15m bid for Agger from Barca.

Rumour isn't it?

Hope we don't let him go.

Offline Kadian

• Trolling along... The Specious One. Whistles the Liquidator as he types disparaging comments about Mario Balotelli So utterly predictable, Moreno's best mate
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're coming
« Reply #232 on: August 7, 2013, 08:19:51 pm »
Hmm yep, quote from last year:

‘There is one club who would make it very difficult for me to stay at Anfield. Barcelona would be great, because they are the best in the world. But I am feeling great where I am. I’m with a special club, and I feel I am influencing what happens on the pitch. I am happy to be a Liverpool player.’

Offline arnaldo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: August 7, 2013, 08:21:10 pm »
Barca can do whatever they want. He's not leaving.
Laughable bid. He wont wanna go anyway.
Course he won't. Yawn!!!
Has nobody learnt anything the last 3/4 years
BETFAIR REF CODE NTRDKLEHG FREE £20 BET

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #234 on: August 7, 2013, 08:21:37 pm »
This will show how committed Agger is. I wouldn't blame him if he left though.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: August 7, 2013, 08:22:04 pm »
I think our Danny is boss. I remember in the Euros last year he absolutely showed his world-class credentials, can't understand people who don't rate him. I think people underestimate just how important it is to have a ball-playing CB of his quality too.

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: August 7, 2013, 08:24:08 pm »
I think our Danny is boss. I remember in the Euros last year he absolutely showed his world-class credentials, can't understand people who don't rate him. I think people underestimate just how important it is to have a ball-playing CB of his quality too.

at home to macedonia?

i can understand being put on your backside v germany ..they are class
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #237 on: August 7, 2013, 08:25:22 pm »
It should be a straight out 'not for sale'. Don't want to go through all this 'we will only consider a bid of blah' bollocks again. As if we don't need another controversy.
YWNA

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: August 7, 2013, 08:25:41 pm »
This will show how committed Agger is. I wouldn't blame him if he left though.

If they put in a serious bid, at his age, he wouldn't be very wise to reject a chance at immediate champions league football / possible league title tilt. Can anyone saying Barca have made a bid provide a source..??

Offline EmotionalCitrus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: August 7, 2013, 08:26:15 pm »
£15m? fuck off Barca.