Author Topic: Daniel Agger  (Read 117636 times)

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
Re: Daniel Agger
« Reply #840 on: September 27, 2013, 01:27:40 pm »
I'd hardly use Barca as the bar setters when it comes to centre backs.

Puyol and Pique - two of the very best. Not as good as Skrtel mind.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #841 on: September 27, 2013, 05:07:25 pm »
Yeah Right... Thats why Barca made a confimed bid for him this summer and City with a very High bid last summer.... He is simply the most overrated player we have in the squad - a total looser in the game of football... We would be much better of with another player from the slovakian third division...

(Ironi can appear in some of the text above)

There was no bid from Barca. That was all the fantasy of Aggers agent trying to engineer a move for him.

Agger is 29 now and been at the club how long? Yet the third division Slovakian has still managed a better season than Agger ever has for us, when he was our player of the year the season before last.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #842 on: September 27, 2013, 05:26:07 pm »
There was no bid from Barca. That was all the fantasy of Aggers agent trying to engineer a move for him.

Agger is 29 now and been at the club how long? Yet the third division Slovakian has still managed a better season than Agger ever has for us, when he was our player of the year the season before last.
Do you have a release from the club saying it didn't happen? 

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #843 on: September 27, 2013, 05:42:09 pm »
Finally has some strong competition in Sakho.
However I flip it, it' s a good thing.

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #844 on: September 27, 2013, 05:54:15 pm »
Finally has some strong competition in Sakho.
However I flip it, it' s a good thing.

I'm not so sure. I don't think we should really have so much resource invested in two first choice left sided CB's. I'm all for competition but if you were to ask somebody where a non CL club should focus their resource to have two world class players for a position then I doubt many would say left CB. Seems like a waste to me especially considering other area's that we are weak.

However I'm all for selling Agger sooner rather than later and getting in a replacement given his injury record and set piece problems. So if this is a transition period until next summer(or even Jan) then it makes more sense.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline Macedonian Red Reborn

• Self-professed wool
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #845 on: September 27, 2013, 06:47:46 pm »
"If I wanted you to understand, I'd have explained it better" Johan Cruyff

Offline keyo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #846 on: September 28, 2013, 02:54:18 pm »
Sorry, but "loyalty" as you describe is totally meaningless, and it doesn't help us win trophies. Just a wishy-washy load of bollocks.

Support the players on the pitch, fine. That can have some impact, but is far, far less important than many think. The famous European victories at Anfield have much more to do with great players and managers than they do with noisy crowds. That may be sacrilege to some on here, but I am convinced it is true.

we show loyalty and trust every week through our support. the players - most anyway - respond to that.  does it make them better?  no, but it may make them more confident and more committed

Yes, we should cheer our boys on when they are on the pitch. Who is arguing otherwise? A good mercenary like Torres is better than a committed player like James Milner for example. Obviously the ideal is a good committed player like Gerrard, but that is so, so rare. Look at Tevez. No loyalty, but he came back and helped them win a title because he is world class. 

As I say loyalty is a one-way street for me. I don't care if a player has broken bones and run his heart out 100 times for the club if he is no longer good enough. Sure, we will give them a bloody good reception, and I would buy Fowler, Carragher et al a drink and shake their hands if I saw them in the pub, but LFC exists to win trophies. If you can't help us with that - get off the fucking pitch.

We need to be ruthless. We need our nasty side back. Look at the mancs and Chelsea a right 'orrible bunch of twats, but they WIN. I am not saying I want a bunch of adulterous granny shaggers, but we need some horrible bastards, starting with the manager.

All our great sides have had ruthless managers. Look at Rafa: "Thanks for winning the European Cup for us Dudek, but I have found a better keeper so off you pop." Shankly: "Yeah nice one for winning the league boys, but you, you, and you are out". Paisely was the same too. He had no qualms in tearing an aging side apart and building again. No "loyalty" whatever that means.

didn't say the loyalty is the thing that makes the difference, merely that loyalty is a 2-way thing...what you described was wrong, we pay their wages for performance not loyalty
and our opinion of whether a player is good enough or should 'get off the pitch" is even less important the loyalty described because it has no impact whatsoever
the manager picks the team, the players don't pick themselves.....and agger appears to be rated quite highly by a number of managers, including most importantly, our current one.....
as for whether he is good enough, well as it stands, over the last few seasons, when agger has had a run in the side the defence has been solid and we have conceded fewer goals.....this season we have conceded 3 in the league in 5, whilst conceding a penalty which is almost as bad as conceding a goal (when assessing a defender)....hardly a desperate defensie record, and certainly not one that is indicative of anyone there not being good enough
Joey's ate the frogs legs, made the swiss roll, now he's munchin' gladbach!!

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #847 on: September 28, 2013, 04:32:02 pm »
Yet the third division Slovakian has still managed a better season than Agger ever has for us, when he was our player of the year the season before last.
You obviously started supporting us after 2008/9 then? Not to mention 2006/7.

Offline sgt bilbo

• Main Stander
  • I have seen the light and it's red
« Reply #848 on: September 28, 2013, 05:52:31 pm »
Always liked Agger, thought he was going to become a super center half but it didn't turn out like that, don't get me wrong he isn't shite but he didn't turn out as most of us hoped he would, another Hansen  ;D ;D

Offline dr.dracco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #849 on: September 29, 2013, 08:40:59 am »
You obviously started supporting us after 2008/9 then? Not to mention 2006/7.

He was class 2006/7, it was probably his best season for us.

But 2008/09 it was Skrtel-Carra as Rafa´s preferred combo mate and Danny got a sniff only during Skrtels knee injury in november and december, and then couple of games at the end of season. Majority of the season he was warming bench. Checking the stats it was exactly 21 league games that have started and finished with Skrtel - Carra.

Offline Messiah

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #850 on: September 29, 2013, 09:02:24 am »
In his best season Agger took us to the European Cup final. Skrtel in his best season won us the Carling Cup. Come up with better arguments kid.
Will the people in the cheaper seats clap your hands? And the rest of you, if you'll just rattle your jewelry.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #851 on: September 29, 2013, 09:19:42 am »
In his best season Agger took us to the European Cup final. Skrtel in his best season won us the Carling Cup. Come up with better arguments kid.

realy? you consider this an argument or prove of their quality diference?

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #852 on: September 29, 2013, 09:26:13 am »
People are still in love with the idea of Agger, blind to the actual reality.

Agree with this 100%.

Offline LoubySoho

• Main Stander
« Reply #853 on: September 29, 2013, 10:02:37 am »
The reality that he's a great defender. He's been punished for a few sloppy mistakes but which player hasn't. I'm sure if you went though every game and looked out for how many times Suarez gave away possession, or players ran through our midfield like it wasn't there, or Lucas giving away easy free kicks then people could fill other threads with links to YouTube about those.

I'm sure there's more times when Agger has cleared the ball then hasn't and all this he's crap in the air , he won more headers last season than any other of our players so everyone else must have been terrible.

He wouldn't have been made vice captain if we were thinking about selling him in Jan  and why would we , sell him and skrtel and then toure gets injured or sakho doesn't adapt to the premier league were back to square one.

I think the defence looks better when agger is in it.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #854 on: September 29, 2013, 12:42:21 pm »
I don't think there's a great deal of difference defensively, however, Agger makes us keep the ball better and is more composed when pressed. So if we are talking about having the ball as our best form of defence, then Agger is our best defender.

If we are just going to sit back on the edge of our box, concede possession then we might as well not bother having him.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #855 on: September 29, 2013, 12:54:57 pm »
Agger is one of the best cbs in Europe, anybody who can't see that is blind.

There isn't a single defender out there  besides perhaps maybe Silva who is flawless and on point 100%  of the time, even the likes of Kompany had shocking seasons last season, and the likes of Vidic and Ferdinand have had poor starts to the season this season.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #856 on: September 29, 2013, 01:24:12 pm »
Agger is one of the best cbs in Europe, anybody who can't see that is blind.

There isn't a single defender out there  besides perhaps maybe Silva who is flawless and on point 100%  of the time, even the likes of Kompany had shocking seasons last season, and the likes of Vidic and Ferdinand have had poor starts to the season this season.

And your post has very little credibility.  :wave
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #857 on: September 29, 2013, 03:35:13 pm »
There was no bid from Barca.

Wrong.

That was all the fantasy of Aggers agent trying to engineer a move for him.

Wrong.

Agger is 29 now.

Wrong.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline LoubySoho

• Main Stander
« Reply #858 on: September 29, 2013, 06:10:50 pm »
Might as well sell him now!

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #859 on: September 29, 2013, 06:12:56 pm »
Yep he sure divides opinion, lets face it over-rated as a defender....maybe cash in on him?   only said maybe?
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #860 on: September 29, 2013, 06:14:51 pm »
he is the vice captain and future of this club... hope he is back soon.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #861 on: September 29, 2013, 06:24:00 pm »
Wrong.

Wrong.
Wrong.

Wrong.
Wrong.

Pedantic.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #862 on: September 29, 2013, 07:01:59 pm »
Yet another player thread descends into tit for tat shite and ignorant bollocks. Well played.