Author Topic: New Kit thread  (Read 3594249 times)

Offline MH41

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: New Kit thread
« Reply #25400 on: September 14, 2023, 11:21:19 pm »
Been there done that

Lol, I'm all for this. Can remember it well.
I think every team should be made to register 3 kit colours (in our case Red for home, White for away, and yellow for 3rd kit) and not be allowed to deviate. Then we might get to see more of these combinations!  ;D

I wonder why we just didn't go with yellow shorts and socks though? Possibly too similar to Watford?
Can also vaguely remember a few other strange kit combinations - white jersey+ red socks in a charity shield v Southampton? Red kit, but white socks v Birmingham in the 80s and Portsmouth in the 90s and possibly again under Benitez?
And don't forget our socks were actually half white in our world club championship year.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #25401 on: September 14, 2023, 11:22:47 pm »
Been there done that

Clearly a sock robber
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25402 on: September 15, 2023, 09:06:25 am »
Lol, I'm all for this. Can remember it well.
I think every team should be made to register 3 kit colours (in our case Red for home, White for away, and yellow for 3rd kit) and not be allowed to deviate. Then we might get to see more of these combinations!  ;D

I wonder why we just didn't go with yellow shorts and socks though? Possibly too similar to Watford?
Can also vaguely remember a few other strange kit combinations - white jersey+ red socks in a charity shield v Southampton? Red kit, but white socks v Birmingham in the 80s and Portsmouth in the 90s and possibly again under Benitez?
And don't forget our socks were actually half white in our world club championship year.

White socks versus Pompey early in the FA Cup run in 2006. Unnerving.

I remember our grey change kit in 08/09 being paired with red shorts and socks for Robbie Keane's only real high point of his bizarre Liverpool career. Still find it mad that he actually played for us for 4 months.

Played in black change kit with gold/flesh coloured shorts and socks at Old Trafford, took the lead early with a Torres header but lost eventually. It was a BRUTAL combination of colours.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2023, 09:10:05 am by lamonti »

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #25403 on: September 15, 2023, 09:42:28 am »
If we’re going on dodgy kit combinations, we played Sunderland away in the League Cup, think it was 95/96. We had too much white in that green and white half shirt to be able to wear it, so dug up the gold kit from a season or two before. But we normally wore that with black shorts which also clashed with Sunderland so paired the gold top with green shirts. Looked…lovely.

Think Fowler scored with a lob and then either he or McManaman got sent off (but might be misremembering that last bit!).

« Last Edit: September 15, 2023, 09:46:43 am by Crosby Nick 128 »

Offline MH41

• Kopite
« Reply #25404 on: September 15, 2023, 10:02:41 am »
If we’re going on dodgy kit combinations, we played Sunderland away in the League Cup, think it was 95/96. We had too much white in that green and white half shirt to be able to wear it, so dug up the gold kit from a season or two before. But we normally wore that with black shorts which also clashed with Sunderland so paired the gold top with green shirts. Looked…lovely.

Think Fowler scored with a lob and then either he or McManaman got sent off (but might be misremembering that last bit!).

https://youtube.com/watch?v=j-wIcKGXFqE&si=T_Pl3xDSg_fKf0W9

Wow. Thanks for posting. Hadn't seen that before, so had to check out. It's very 'South african' or 'Australian', lol.

Shocking tackle from behind on John Barnes, that led to the Rob Jones dismissal.
It's actually a 2nd leg of a league cup tie. Can you imagine that now?

Edit - just remembered our Man Utd kit in a pre season friendly a few years ago.  :D
« Last Edit: September 15, 2023, 10:05:49 am by MH41 »

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #25405 on: September 15, 2023, 11:34:29 am »
Their keeper Chamberlain had been in the bench for us in the final against Bolton a few months earlier I think.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #25406 on: September 15, 2023, 01:38:14 pm »

Strong beachball vibes as well, this kit combination.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25407 on: September 15, 2023, 01:52:35 pm »

I really like this kit and had almost forgot the gold shorts and socks weren't the default choice. Torres looked great in it!

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25408 on: September 15, 2023, 07:08:46 pm »
ordered from that jjsport00 before never had a problem the tracker thing takes a while usually a week or so then when it arrives in this country it will update

Just had a players version of the purple kit delivered today for the lad for his birthday, ordered on the 2nd Sept. Looks good, got all the Nike labels on the inside. £17.50 so can't grumble.

I bought him a genuine green away for Christmas and the shits worn it about 3 times, so no way I'm paying £70 quid again for a shirt and I'm not paying £115 for the players version.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2023, 07:14:34 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline 77kop05

• Anny Roader
« Reply #25409 on: September 16, 2023, 08:08:57 am »
It's criminal the way clubs can do this "stadium" and "player " thing with tops. The price they charge I'm sure even the player version at the stadium version price would make them a handsome profit.
Lucky enough to have access to a 30% discount so have the player home and got the stadium purple one . There is some contrast in the quality I think.
 Wearing the purple one feels like having a sweaty plastic bin bag on and absolutely horrible compared to the player type material, really made to a budget.
Makes you wonder if the next step will be  a summer and winter kit change the way things have moved the past few years. 

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25410 on: September 19, 2023, 03:14:20 pm »
Most popular names on kits this season:

1) Dominik Szoboszlai
2) Mo Salah
3) Alexis Mac Allister
4) Trent Alexander-Arnold
5) Darwin Nunez
6) Luis Diaz
7) Alisson
8 ) Virgil Van Dijk
9) Cody Gakpo
10) Andy Robertson

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25411 on: September 19, 2023, 07:13:34 pm »
It's criminal the way clubs can do this "stadium" and "player " thing with tops. The price they charge I'm sure even the player version at the stadium version price would make them a handsome profit.
Lucky enough to have access to a 30% discount so have the player home and got the stadium purple one . There is some contrast in the quality I think.
 Wearing the purple one feels like having a sweaty plastic bin bag on and absolutely horrible compared to the player type material, really made to a budget.
Makes you wonder if the next step will be  a summer and winter kit change the way things have moved the past few years. 

I've had a look at the stadium versions in shops and thought fuck that, they feel cheap and nasty. Not seen a real player version but the ones we bought him feel really good.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #25412 on: September 19, 2023, 11:39:49 pm »

As the LFC website sells the letters and numbers at a fixed price people are going for max numbers and letters by choosing Dom ;D

Just bought my lad the green/white one in the sale last week and bought him membership to grab an extra 10% off. Now I have to find my 95/96 one...
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25413 on: September 20, 2023, 06:11:12 am »
Strong beachball vibes as well, this kit combination.
Shudder

I really like this kit and had almost forgot the gold shorts and socks weren't the default choice. Torres looked great in it!
I've no idea where they dug up those gold/flesh shorts and socks? Were they part of a goalkeeper kit? It always had the feeling that they'd put a t-shirt on but forgotten to put their pants on like in a nightmare.

That whole season was a bit nightmarish, Rafa's time ending badly after Alonso left and Hicks and Gillette being credit crunched and running us into the dirt. But look at this gorgeous, sponsorless away we got beaten by Lyon in.

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #25414 on: September 20, 2023, 03:15:17 pm »
Add black shorts to that sponsorless white away and you have a thing of beauty. Shame about the team though.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #25415 on: September 20, 2023, 03:17:31 pm »
We drew with Lyon in that lively kit. Needed to win and Babel scored a screamer late on for what looked like a winner only for them to equalise in injury time, Lisandro Lopez I think.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25416 on: September 24, 2023, 06:26:27 pm »
Nike have finally put us in the A++ category alongside Barcelona and PSG. Means we will get priority template from now and not hand me down rejections.  :D

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25417 on: September 24, 2023, 06:29:00 pm »
For the Chelsea one, it looks like there should be an 'SH' instead of the 'A+ EL'?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #25418 on: September 25, 2023, 06:15:27 pm »
Why the fuck are PSG A++, a hangover from Messi being there?
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Online JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #25419 on: September 25, 2023, 06:20:15 pm »

Probably that. I know my 10 year old nephew had a Neymar top a few years back. And their Jordan link up is quite popular with some demographics. I think they're popular with neutrals because of Mbappe, Neymar, Messi and things like the Fifa games etc.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #25420 on: September 25, 2023, 06:20:24 pm »
Gotta say I really like this years red.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25421 on: September 25, 2023, 08:02:13 pm »
Apparently we are close to agreeing a new deal with NIKE. Now that we are A++ customers we should be getting more dough.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #25422 on: September 25, 2023, 10:52:18 pm »

Ever been to a five-a-side centre? Every pitch has a couple of Messi or Neymar shirts on. It's horrible to see.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25423 on: September 25, 2023, 11:25:06 pm »
Apparently we are close to agreeing a new deal with NIKE. Now that we are A++ customers we should be getting more dough.
We should be ditching that sell on % of merchandise and should be matching United or bettering their £90 million a year deal with Adidas.

We missed out on millions first season with Nike because of the Pandemic with retail stores shutdown and with the World economy with slow growth and high inflation right now doing a % of merchandise deal is risky, could miss out on millions.

We are A++ and getting a safer guaranteed money contract should be the priority.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2023, 11:28:26 pm by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #25424 on: September 29, 2023, 05:21:39 am »
has anyone mentioned the similarities between this years shirt and our famous 1965 one?
I ordered a 65 one.{our first FA cup, and my year of birth, so kinda significant to me} and when you look at it remove the sponsors,and alter the crest to the old shirt its almost Identical.. i love it
https://bargainfootballshirts.com/shop/liverpool-1965-fa-cup-final-shirt/

JFT 96

Offline De La Goal

• Anny Roader
  • Me, Myself and LFC
« Reply #25425 on: September 29, 2023, 03:14:13 pm »
Probably that. I know my 10 year old nephew had a Neymar top a few years back. And their Jordan link up is quite popular with some demographics. I think they're popular with neutrals because of Mbappe, Neymar, Messi and things like the Fifa games etc.

Just taking Japan as an example, there are three PSG shops in Tokyo, plus others in Osaka. How many have Liverpool got? Plus, PSG have gone to Japan both this summer and last. It's a wealthy market of 120m people, who want the original kit, not knock-offs. And just like bands who tour there sell more albums, the same is true for sports kit.

Liverpool have tended to focus their pre-season shenanigans on SE Asia, where there are lots of Reds fans, but not so much discretional cash for a £60+ jersey. And also lots of garment factories turning out knock-off kits which make the club precisely nish.

The Asian pre-season tours aren't great preparation in the sporting sense. But the club may be missing a trick commercially.

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #25426 on: October 4, 2023, 07:46:36 pm »
Is anyone else having trouble buying a jersey from the club's official store online? I get logged in, select the away jersey that I want, proceed to check out and then the problems begin. It asks me to log in again, which I do. But it fails to recognise my password (which is input automatically as its stored in the browser). This has been happening for days now. :/

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25427 on: October 28, 2023, 03:44:53 pm »
Next season's colours from our mate Fumler.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #25428 on: October 28, 2023, 04:03:36 pm »
Home is defo having yellow socks.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25429 on: October 28, 2023, 04:08:47 pm »
Next season's colours from our mate Fumler.

Finally, no garish vomit-inducing colours. Very tasteful, especially that third colourway.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25430 on: October 28, 2023, 04:16:18 pm »

That whole season was a bit nightmarish, Rafa's time ending badly after Alonso left and Hicks and Gillette being credit crunched and running us into the dirt. But look at this gorgeous, sponsorless away we got beaten by Lyon in.
Does the French no-alcohol sponsor ban still stand?

That kit though ranks up there alongside Alisson's silver one-off, that night vs Barcelona.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25431 on: October 31, 2023, 08:02:36 pm »
Liverpool 24-25 Third Kit is set to feature an innovative Nike 'upside swoosh'

[@Footy_Headlines]

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #25432 on: October 31, 2023, 08:07:13 pm »
What's so innovative about it?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25433 on: October 31, 2023, 08:10:33 pm »
The "swoosh" will be from bottom to top instead of left to right. It's marketing genius mate.  ;D

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #25434 on: October 31, 2023, 09:03:14 pm »

It's a different direction to the iconic swoosh.

If it's not iconic, it's innovative.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #25435 on: October 31, 2023, 09:46:46 pm »
So it's erect? Well our football is pretty sexy, I'm not surprised the swoosh has reacted...

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #25436 on: October 31, 2023, 11:30:01 pm »
Looks like an upside down walking cane.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #25437 on: November 1, 2023, 04:16:20 pm »

It'll cost you an extra £20

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25438 on: November 1, 2023, 05:51:20 pm »

PSG shirts also very weirdly became the favourite of people who don't wear football shirts and those who apparently don't even follow the sport. Think the Jordan aspect probably played a part of it.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25439 on: November 15, 2023, 04:38:29 pm »
Next season's Home kit.