Author Topic: New Kit thread  (Read 3596686 times)

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
Re: New Kit thread
« Reply #15320 on: November 11, 2019, 08:30:37 pm »
Bloody hell. When I was a kid it was all Top Dog and Stylo Matchmakers. :-[
Did you see my "Etc." at the end of my 2nd sentence?

That "Etc." includes all other brands like Inter, Dunlop, Patrick, Arrow, and adidas 4 stripe from Tesco

;D

I also remember when some kiddie started wearing diadora in primary school for the first time.
I thought wtf are they? strange logo an all.
Little did I know they were some exotic italian trabs that were gonna be the must haves that year hahahhahah

Now no one buys diadora!

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #15321 on: November 12, 2019, 01:14:30 am »
Did you see my "Etc." at the end of my 2nd sentence?

That "Etc." includes all other brands like Inter, Dunlop, Patrick, Arrow, and adidas 4 stripe from Tesco

;D
I did.  :)

I was more highlighting my age and the stuff around at the time. It seems so long ago now and I wonder if many on here will have even heard of Top Dog and Stylo Matchmakers.

Does anyone remember those white Alan Ball boots you could buy back then? I think even Reds bought them for their novelty value.  :D
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Pensby

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Pub
« Reply #15322 on: November 12, 2019, 11:57:19 am »
I prefer to remember Stevie Heighway in his Stylo's ;)
...if I have to explain, then you'll never understand...

Offline fridge

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #15323 on: November 12, 2019, 01:10:22 pm »

Does anyone remember those white Alan Ball boots you could buy back then? I think even Reds bought them for their novelty value.  :D

Didn't they have a set of circular studs? Still 2 studs at the heel end but instead of the four sole studs a set of spinning studs.  Supposedly to help a player turn more quickly. Revolutionary at the time   ;D  See what I done there?
Each night before I go to bed I thank the Lord that I'm a Red

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15324 on: November 12, 2019, 03:34:33 pm »
Didn't they have a set of circular studs? Still 2 studs at the heel end but instead of the four sole studs a set of spinning studs.  Supposedly to help a player turn more quickly. Revolutionary at the time   ;D  See what I done there?
;D

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15325 on: November 13, 2019, 11:37:53 am »
Be interesting to see how much the club think they'll make from this deal.

If say shirts are on average £65 including 20%VAT or other country tax and they expect to sell 2.9 million and we get 20% of net sales - so we'd get 20% of £52 per shirt? Which would mean around £30m.

And I assume the deal was £30m plus 20%? Which would mean £60m + 20% of all other merchandise too. Could be looking at around £65m in first year? Would that be a reasonable guess?

Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15326 on: November 13, 2019, 11:40:13 am »

If say shirts are on average £65 including 20%VAT or other country tax and they expect to sell 2.9 million and we get 20% of net sales - so we'd get 20% of £52 per shirt? Which would mean around £30m.

And I assume the deal was £30m plus 20%? Which would mean £60m + 20% of all other merchandise too. Could be looking at around £65m in first year? Would that be a reasonable guess?

Nothing against you here - but we had 4-5 pages straight of the cry-sterlings banging on about this being an impossible deal - I hope this doesn't happen again.

(your analysis seems ok - but I think we will only learn the detail nearer to deal announcement time - if even then. it's supposed to be a shorter deal as well - 5 years so we aren't locked in if things go really well/vice versa)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15327 on: November 13, 2019, 11:44:05 am »

Here we go again  ;D

Offline Mo2000

• Main Stander
  • This is Anfield
« Reply #15328 on: November 13, 2019, 01:30:22 pm »

It was said in court the deal is worth £75m a year and NB did not dispute this. That is probably a conservative estimate. If the distribution element really works and we are successful on the pitch, we could make far more than that.
“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.” - BOB PAISLEY

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15329 on: November 14, 2019, 08:15:17 pm »
Heard Nike today are moving away from selling on Amazon and using their own distribution channels

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15330 on: November 15, 2019, 09:39:50 am »
Nike will be missing a trick if they don’t release some LFC 110s. Juventus have had some in the past.
YNWA.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #15331 on: November 15, 2019, 09:46:54 am »
It was said in court the deal is worth £75m a year and NB did not dispute this. That is probably a conservative estimate. If the distribution element really works and we are successful on the pitch, we could make far more than that.

I think £75m+ is a package with conditions which was why NB has a foot to stand on to argue their deal was better.

You are right, if our on-field success is sustained, this deal could potentially be larger than the £75m quoted and we don't seem like we are dropping out of CL any time in the next few years.

Nike channel is always going to be better because there is always a Nike Town is every major city in comparison with NB (whose running shoes I quite like). In addition, Nike also has better shelf space with re-sellers so all in all, their reach is a lot wider than NB.

Well done to our commercial team. Could only see one way for us - UP.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15332 on: November 16, 2019, 12:24:59 pm »
Nike will be missing a trick if they don’t release some LFC 110s. Juventus have had some in the past.
they have done some of the epic react I think for some of their other teams (barca, chelsea) so there will probably be some of their shoes, but yeah the 110s would be a good one

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15333 on: November 16, 2019, 12:38:41 pm »
There will be some Liverpool converse if the court case was anything to go by.

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #15334 on: November 16, 2019, 08:42:03 pm »

Imagine 🤤

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15335 on: November 16, 2019, 08:56:33 pm »
Give me some Liverpool themed Air Max 93s and 95s and they can have all my money

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15336 on: November 16, 2019, 09:12:07 pm »
Give me some Liverpool themed Air Max 93s and 95s and they can have all my money

They’re normally like £90+ these days mate so you may need to find some more on top mate.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15337 on: November 16, 2019, 10:22:44 pm »
They’re normally like £90+ these days mate so you may need to find some more on top mate.

I know :D Would be worth it though

Offline kb2x

• Kopite
  • The Mystery Continues....

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15340 on: November 18, 2019, 07:03:07 pm »
Link doesn't work.

I just assumed he was referring to Sports Direct
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15341 on: November 18, 2019, 08:47:02 pm »
But 110s look shite. Too many colours and look like the shoe has been dipped in different tins of paint.

Would be better if they released Air Max BW in LFC colours.

110s are chav central. BWs are classier - bit like are club.

Offline kb2x

• Kopite
  • The Mystery Continues....

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15343 on: November 18, 2019, 09:52:47 pm »
Of course this comes out after I finally tracked one down and bought the version without the the six stars

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #15344 on: November 19, 2019, 11:29:05 am »
But 110s look shite. Too many colours and look like the shoe has been dipped in different tins of paint.

You can get 1 colour 110s though, and they aren't chav, they are a staple of the scouse rig

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15345 on: November 19, 2019, 04:53:14 pm »
https://www.footyheadlines.com/2019/11/stunning-black-gold-liverpool-19-20-six-times-kit.html
That is stunning. Shame Nike won't give us stuff like that. As amateurish as NB are, their designs are consistently brilliant

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #15346 on: November 19, 2019, 06:00:13 pm »

A bit like our club are what?

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #15347 on: November 20, 2019, 01:02:57 pm »
That is stunning. Shame Nike won't give us stuff like that. As amateurish as NB are, their designs are consistently brilliant

They get the design. But they'll only be about 14 available.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15348 on: November 20, 2019, 01:20:19 pm »
That is stunning. Shame Nike won't give us stuff like that.
How do you know this?

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15349 on: November 20, 2019, 01:28:53 pm »
https://www.footyheadlines.com/2019/10/psg-20-21-home-kit.html?m=1

PSG’s next season. It could be the design we get if they aren’t using this years with the deal being so late.

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #15350 on: November 20, 2019, 01:34:16 pm »
https://www.footyheadlines.com/2019/10/psg-20-21-home-kit.html?m=1

PSG’s next season. It could be the design we get if they aren’t using this years with the deal being so late.

Seems like it's a 50th Anniversary throwback design, so I doubt they'd reuse the entire design (it's not a very Liverpool design anyway, even for an away/third kit). We might see certain elements though such as the collar or the arm trimmings, which is maybe what you meant anyway.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 01:40:51 pm by JasonF »

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15351 on: November 20, 2019, 01:42:20 pm »
You can get 1 colour 110s though, and they aren't chav, they are a staple of the scouse rig
And every other major UK city.
You see loads in Brum and Landan, not to mention Manchester etc.
Not really a scouse thing.

I think even MC Grindah rocks them  ;D

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15352 on: November 20, 2019, 01:45:41 pm »
Seems like it's a 50th Anniversary throwback design, so I doubt they'd reuse the entire design (it's not a very Liverpool design anyway, even for an away/third kit). We might see certain elements though such as the collar or the arm trimmings, which is maybe what you meant anyway.

Obviously not the thick stripe down the middle but they will use the cut and that collar and cuffs on loads of teams. The ‘throwback’ is nothing but a slogan it nothing like their original.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15353 on: November 20, 2019, 01:47:09 pm »

Loads of regular younger lads wear 110s (and Epic Reacts too in fairness). Would be a nice twist as we see a lot less Adidas now. 110s are not a "chav" shoe. What a weird thing to say.
YNWA.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15354 on: November 20, 2019, 01:54:46 pm »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15355 on: November 20, 2019, 02:21:30 pm »

That's what he meant, you'll see those collar and arm trimmings on other kits.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15356 on: November 20, 2019, 02:22:37 pm »
110 aren't chav central either, they're a popular shoe in various different parts of the world.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15357 on: November 20, 2019, 04:31:20 pm »
110 aren't chav central either, they're a popular shoe in various different parts of the world.

We'll agree to disagree on this one  ;D

They're definitely not one of the better-looking offerings from Nike.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15358 on: November 20, 2019, 04:38:19 pm »
If Nike release some LFC trainers, wouldn't mind seeing somat like this..

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #15359 on: November 20, 2019, 04:49:27 pm »
We'll agree to disagree on this one  ;D

They're definitely not one of the better-looking offerings from Nike.

I'm not into Nike stuff so didn't know what the name of those trainers were but I see them on pretty much every street-corner urban terrorist in the city.

I'd hate to see an LFC version of those things.  :o

EDIT: Those red Air Jordan are nice though.  :D
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.