Author Topic: New Kit thread  (Read 3596719 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: New Kit thread
« Reply #15360 on: November 20, 2019, 05:06:11 pm »
We'll agree to disagree on this one  ;D

They're definitely not one of the better-looking offerings from Nike.

We all got different tastes, but again like I said, the 110 isn't a chav originated trend. I've been to various parts in the world, during various time periods, and I've seen them everywhere, and none of it has to do with chav

« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 07:15:02 pm by deFacto »

Offline RSoares21

• Kopite
  • ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #15361 on: November 20, 2019, 05:46:59 pm »

Bless the one in the back. Doesn't know how to tie his laces yet so hes got the straps.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15362 on: November 20, 2019, 05:59:40 pm »
Bless the one in the back. Doesn't know how to tie his laces yet so hes got the straps.

I like the two Al Bundy's and Dudley from Harry Potter

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #15363 on: November 20, 2019, 08:10:59 pm »
We all got different tastes, but again like I said, the 110 isn't a chav originated trend. I've been to various parts in the world, during various time periods, and I've seen them everywhere, and none of it has to do with chav
I'm only talking about the UK here.
110s are often seen in every city here paired with trackies and hoodies... ciggies and spitting  ;D
Also nowt to do with Chelsea.
Chelsea is a posh area of London.
110s are very popular amongst everyday yoof.
Nowt wrong with that. Each to their own. But if Nike wanna do a trainer for LFC, it'd be nicer if we have somat slicker like that Air Jordan profile above.

Also "110" is a UK thing. When they was released here in the 90s they cost 110 pound sterling! Hence the nickname. I think round the world they're known by their proper name, i.e. Air Max 95s.

I know that trainers and clothes are often 'adopted' by different people across the world in different ways. Maybe 110s here in the UK are a bit chavvy, but in Eastern Europe they may be de riguer for Goths... dunno. But I know that often happens.
Another example is the brand "Champion".
That's always been a run of the mill college brand in the USA, right? Well, around 1990 Champion was a top brand for ravers in the UK.
It then died a bit, as did rave culture... for various reasons. But know I see it back on the High St and on kids... but not as part of rave culture per se.
Fashion is a curious thing  ;D

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15364 on: November 20, 2019, 08:16:32 pm »
The Chelsea thing is an autocorrect by the forum when you make chav plural :)

The ''110's'' aren't my favorite either [I prefer the AirMax 90's] and in my circumstances, and places I've lived in or visited, it's massively influenced by hip-hop. During the 90's whilst in turmoil post war in the Balkans, they represented something vastly different than what you've come across on your end. People didn't have much to eat, let alone wear expensive brands, but if you had a pair, you were viewed differently in that era, and it's stayed popular since then. So I've seen them being an influence for different reasons globally.

The Champion brand is back in the US as well for different reasons, but in my experience the AirMax have never gone away wherever I've been.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15365 on: November 20, 2019, 10:44:08 pm »
The Chelsea thing is an autocorrect by the forum when you make chav plural :)

The ''110's'' aren't my favorite either [I prefer the AirMax 90's] and in my circumstances, and places I've lived in or visited, it's massively influenced by hip-hop. During the 90's whilst in turmoil post war in the Balkans, they represented something vastly different than what you've come across on your end. People didn't have much to eat, let alone wear expensive brands, but if you had a pair, you were viewed differently in that era, and it's stayed popular since then. So I've seen them being an influence for different reasons globally.

The Champion brand is back in the US as well for different reasons, but in my experience the AirMax have never gone away wherever I've been.
Thanks for sharing. Always nice to learn something new.  :thumbup

My faves are Air Max BW - Persian  :lickin

In the UK you can pick up knock-off 110s for 20 quid down the market. Pretty good copies too. Bet the 'air' in the sole is shite though!  ;D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15366 on: November 20, 2019, 10:51:31 pm »
Thanks for sharing. Always nice to learn something new.  :thumbup

My faves are Air Max BW - Persian  :lickin

In the UK you can pick up knock-off 110s for 20 quid down the market. Pretty good copies too. Bet the 'air' in the sole is shite though!  ;D

Hahaah the knocks off are always fun to test out how long they'll last at least  ;D

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15367 on: November 20, 2019, 11:00:51 pm »
I always wonder if the club missed a trick in the 13/14 season..
Could've paired the Third kit with the Persians..

:)

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #15368 on: November 21, 2019, 11:07:12 am »

It's a shame none of these lads have parents to tell them not to play with themselves in public. Poor kids.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15369 on: November 22, 2019, 07:34:24 pm »
OMG OMG OMG OMG :D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15370 on: November 22, 2019, 07:42:49 pm »
Also

https://www.worldsoccershop.com/shop/new-balance-liverpool-18-19-commemorative-embroidered-home-jersey_RV7009478

The new six times version of last years kit but with appropriate CL badges [which is not on the official store]

Soccer.com also has these.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 07:44:42 pm by deFacto »

Offline bogrollsbike

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15371 on: November 22, 2019, 09:48:45 pm »
OMG OMG OMG OMG :D

Mate of mine whose a manager in a sports shop said its being released on the 4th of December.

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15372 on: November 24, 2019, 09:39:34 am »
Mate of mine whose a manager in a sports shop said its being released on the 4th of December.

Yep. New Balance Oxford Street told me the same. They didn't want to confirm the colour though.
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #15373 on: November 25, 2019, 04:35:23 pm »
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15374 on: November 25, 2019, 04:45:52 pm »
I don't really understand the relevance of a black commemorative kit. I got the black out kits, they worked, but this black commemorative kit is just strange.

"Here's a kit that Liverpool have never worn to celebrate winning the 6th european cup, you can't have this season's home goalie kit though that's gone."

The hoodies and that are sound, as is the replica home kit with the six stars, but the black and gold "home" shirt is a bit weird to me.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15375 on: November 25, 2019, 05:05:59 pm »
I don't really understand the relevance of a black commemorative kit. I got the black out kits, they worked, but this black commemorative kit is just strange.

"Here's a kit that Liverpool have never worn to celebrate winning the 6th european cup, you can't have this season's home goalie kit though that's gone."

The hoodies and that are sound, as is the replica home kit with the six stars, but the black and gold "home" shirt is a bit weird to me.

It's just a pretty popular colour, plus is different to the colour of the 3 current shirts, so is basically like releasing a 4th kit colourway.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15376 on: November 25, 2019, 05:34:01 pm »
6 times collection due for release Dec 4th, can preorder

https://www.newbalance.com/liverpool-fc/?searchSource=liverpool

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #15377 on: November 25, 2019, 07:42:31 pm »

It has novelty value, plus they probably saw how people were falling over each other to throw money at the black goalkeeper top too. This new black top will sell like hot cakes. People were already salivating over the leaked pictures. Black is also one of those colours people who don't normally buy replica tops might buy because it can look good with jeans and trainers, so it can be seen as sports leisure wear and not just kit.

I think they've been quite clever in doing it in black.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #15378 on: November 25, 2019, 07:57:57 pm »
£70[£85 for the 6, Champions Of Europe printing] is a bit pricey for something that is a novelty value & not going to be worn in matches, £30-£40 would be farer pricing, be better off trying to improve production & distribution of the goalkeeper kit, would be better if they did it in the purple combo we had last season.
#Sausages

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15379 on: November 25, 2019, 11:59:12 pm »
£70[£85 for the 6, Champions Of Europe printing] is a bit pricey for something that is a novelty value & not going to be worn in matches, £30-£40 would be farer pricing, be better off trying to improve production & distribution of the goalkeeper kit, would be better if they did it in the purple combo we had last season.
The pricing is ridiculous of course, but they'll still sell by the shed load. I won't be bothering simply due to the silly cost, but many others will throw their money at it.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #15380 on: November 26, 2019, 08:30:56 am »
60 in sports direct

think ill have it
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline RacerX34

• Kopite
  • JFT 97
« Reply #15381 on: November 26, 2019, 10:03:33 am »
60 in sports direct

think ill have it

I've already bought two black LFC jerseys this season. The struggle is real.
Going to go for the jacket instead. No sponsor on it so it looks lush.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15382 on: November 26, 2019, 10:57:45 am »

In fairness to NB these are probably the best LFC trainers they've released. Not amazing, but good enough to probably not end up all in a sales rack. It's a shame they didn't capitalise on Klopp wearing the red NB 990v3 in the CL Final as I think they've have done very well.
YNWA.

Offline Koparoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Number 7 is just around the corner!!
« Reply #15383 on: November 26, 2019, 01:51:53 pm »
FYI - Interesting summary of the New Balance v LFC findings from an external legal perspective... https://www.lawinsport.com/topics/item/what-it-takes-to-sponsor-liverpool-football-club-why-new-balance-failed-to-match-nike-s-offer... (and confirms the precise terms of the Nike deal).

Sounds like we only just fell over the line - solely due to NB not nominating their comparable three sporting/cultural influencers... hence why we only got awarded 20% of our £555,000 incurred costs... (Hope they now sell a shitload of Nike merchandise so that we recoup it and more)
"After 27 years and 11 days, finally, we got justice for the 96"
Adrian Tempany

... YNWA

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15384 on: November 26, 2019, 01:56:42 pm »
(and confirms the precise terms of the Nike deal).

It confirms some of the details of Nike's offer - not all of them.

Offline YnWa99

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Tidy Darts
« Reply #15385 on: November 26, 2019, 10:53:33 pm »
Looking for junior GK black or green top for the boy for Christmas. Is there no more of these available anymore? Thanks
"I think I have said it before, but there is no one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club." King Kenny, 1 Feb '11

Offline kb2x

• Kopite
  • The Mystery Continues....
« Reply #15386 on: November 27, 2019, 07:25:45 am »
Looking for junior GK black or green top for the boy for Christmas. Is there no more of these available anymore? Thanks

Loads on eBay mate

Offline YnWa99

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Tidy Darts
« Reply #15387 on: November 27, 2019, 09:08:06 am »
Cheers mate, had a look but I'm weary of fakes and would rather buy from the club / another retailer if poss. Plus there's only a couple on there and no green (from what I can see). You'd think the club would have loads given the time of year and ability to make more $$$$ ??
"I think I have said it before, but there is no one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club." King Kenny, 1 Feb '11

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15388 on: November 27, 2019, 09:41:24 am »
Cheers mate, had a look but I'm weary of fakes and would rather buy from the club / another retailer if poss. Plus there's only a couple on there and no green (from what I can see). You'd think the club would have loads given the time of year and ability to make more $$$$ ??

The supply issue is on New Balance rather than the club, probably a big part of why we are leaving them although it wasn’t something directly challenged in court.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15389 on: November 27, 2019, 03:14:07 pm »

They had the black top in the club shop in Williamson Sq. last Friday. This is only good for you if you are local though.

I was surprised to see them because they have been as rare as hen's teeth due to selling out and it taking an age to restock.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15390 on: November 27, 2019, 06:24:43 pm »
If you live near any club shop...ring them up and ask for what you want. If they don't have it in stock they can check other club shops for availability. If they find what you want, they will ship it to the store for you ( free I believe) to come pick up.

Offline kb2x

• Kopite
« Reply #15391 on: November 27, 2019, 07:45:35 pm »

What size are you after?

Offline kb2x

• Kopite

Offline red_lfc_costello

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15393 on: November 28, 2019, 01:05:20 pm »
You appear to hve mistaken 'the funny photo thread' for the 'pointless, pre-pubescent nonsensical not even porn but "look, look, it's a girl" thread'

Offline RSoares21

• Kopite
  • ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #15394 on: November 28, 2019, 01:15:54 pm »
NB just trying to milk as much out of us as they can now. Don't see the point of that black home kit European cup 6 times special edition. The black doesn't represent liverpool, we didn't play in that kit last year so whats the point. At least reebok gave us a special kit to use in the champions league that was red. And the gold was a nice touch for the champions
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15395 on: November 28, 2019, 01:43:58 pm »
NB just trying to milk as much out of us as they can now. Don't see the point of that black home kit European cup 6 times special edition. The black doesn't represent liverpool, we didn't play in that kit last year so whats the point. At least reebok gave us a special kit to use in the champions league that was red. And the gold was a nice touch for the champions

That kit was shit.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #15396 on: November 28, 2019, 01:54:10 pm »
That kit was shit.
the quality of it was shit but i think it looked class
YNWA

Offline RSoares21

• Kopite
  • ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #15397 on: November 28, 2019, 02:00:48 pm »
the quality of it was shit but i think it looked class

Agree thought the kit looked alright but if i remember correctly the material caused alot of static cling.

my point though was that the champions league special kit actually made sense comparing to this all black one that was just released. And that season we kept the same home shirt for the league as the previous season so it didn't feel like they were trying to milk us for every penny
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15398 on: November 28, 2019, 02:27:10 pm »

The point is people will buy it, that's the point of all replica kits. NB will make what people want and this is a fashion item intended to make them some money - it's why companies pay clubs pay loads to make the kits.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15399 on: November 28, 2019, 02:36:14 pm »

A purple,orange,etc.. shirt doesn't represent Liverpool either but if they're good looking kits people will buy them, making the same color away kits year in and year out, is not going to happen so nine time out of ten the colors won't ''represent' Liverpool. I love the orange kit from two season ago, has no connection to what Liverpool colors should be but I still love the kit.

The black kit looks great.