Author Topic: Daniel Andre Sturridge  (Read 1161613 times)

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Daniel Andre Sturridge
« Reply #7800 on: May 20, 2014, 10:37:54 pm »
To be fair, Griezmann is a hell of a player and is off the back of a monster season.
Yes, I was going to post it but couldn't be bothered to get into an online argument . ::)

Griezmann is a fantastic player with wonderful technique, finishing and acceleration. But who said that we would drop Sturridge if we signed him? (We aren't signing him in any case...) When your team is playing 50+ games in a season, there needs to be rotation, esp. for players like Sturridge - or attacking players in general - who get small injuries pretty easily. All of the best teams have top players on the bench at times throughout the season.

« Reply #7801 on: May 20, 2014, 11:35:58 pm »

To be fair, Griezmann is a hell of a player and is off the back of a monster season.

No where near as good as Danny's though

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Dundalis

• Kopite
« Reply #7804 on: May 23, 2014, 01:38:03 pm »
I don't think there's much chance of us getting another striker as good as Suarez and Sturridge. If they are both out, then we'll struggle, the same as any club would in losing their best two strikers. The question isn't whether Borini is on that level, it's whether he's good enough to fill the gap when required. I'd say that he has at least earned the chance to try.
If City or Chelsea lost their best two strikers they wouldn't struggle anywhere near as much as we would so that's a fallacy. It's because the rest of their teams are so good and deep they don't rely on the strikers to be winning games for them. City had their best striker in Aguero out for quite a while and still scored more goals than us.

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7805 on: May 23, 2014, 01:47:54 pm »
No where near as good as Danny's though

Ideally we'll be going into next season not completely sure of our best 11, imo. That's when we know it's been a good transfer window. And with the possible number of games, it's something we'll really need.

Offline Messiah

• Kopite
  • YNWA
Will the people in the cheaper seats clap your hands? And the rest of you, if you'll just rattle your jewelry.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7807 on: May 23, 2014, 11:16:41 pm »
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline desak29

• Main Stander
  • Boundaries are your limits
« Reply #7808 on: May 24, 2014, 04:06:42 am »
As an England fan, the approach to this world cup must be re examined. It can be almost guaranteed that England will not perform up to standards in the following World Cup. We have players believing that Steve Peters is going to be able to help them in under 3 weeks. What has been extremely interesting on a positive note is that Roy Hodgson is probably being seen by  Steve Peters. In the past two weeks, his public statements have been way more intelligent than Hodgson two months ago.
         These kids are just chilling under the sun. I know it all seems dandy. But this complacency will be the root of the problem. The methodology is completely wrong. In saying this, the approach they have currently taken is going to leave them mentally and physically handicapped by world cup time. Mentally, they need to be preparing for the teams they are facing. The team needs to develop a brand of soccer or what you call a "system". Physically, this rest in a foreign country isnt very helpful at all. The main reason for this is quality of nutrition. Players are often incapable of adjusting their bodies to different types of food. These foods are also grown in different regions. The players should be preparing in Brazil already. Their bodies will need this time to adjust.  In seeing this "sweet" twitter video, Raheem's eyes look extremely tired. Their is also an obsession with technology. The focus should be on the prize at hand. 
killa koch

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7809 on: May 24, 2014, 03:41:19 pm »
I am amazed you have managed to garner that much from a video of some early 20-somethings friends having a laugh in their spare time!

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7810 on: May 24, 2014, 04:02:13 pm »
As an England fan, the approach to this world cup must be re examined. It can be almost guaranteed that England will not perform up to standards in the following World Cup. We have players believing that Steve Peters is going to be able to help them in under 3 weeks. What has been extremely interesting on a positive note is that Roy Hodgson is probably being seen by  Steve Peters. In the past two weeks, his public statements have been way more intelligent than Hodgson two months ago.
         These kids are just chilling under the sun. I know it all seems dandy. But this complacency will be the root of the problem. The methodology is completely wrong. In saying this, the approach they have currently taken is going to leave them mentally and physically handicapped by world cup time. Mentally, they need to be preparing for the teams they are facing. The team needs to develop a brand of soccer or what you call a "system". Physically, this rest in a foreign country isnt very helpful at all. The main reason for this is quality of nutrition. Players are often incapable of adjusting their bodies to different types of food. These foods are also grown in different regions. The players should be preparing in Brazil already. Their bodies will need this time to adjust.  In seeing this "sweet" twitter video, Raheem's eyes look extremely tired. Their is also an obsession with technology. The focus should be on the prize at hand. 

Are you high?
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7811 on: May 24, 2014, 05:21:51 pm »

:lmao

Offline ChrisOH

• Main Stander
« Reply #7812 on: May 24, 2014, 05:40:24 pm »

Quite possibly the funniest post on this forum ever. If serious.
Ye wha la.

Offline Rob17

• Legacy Fan
  • The Ultimate Wingman
« Reply #7813 on: May 24, 2014, 06:39:19 pm »

Someone should have told Gazza in 1990 when he was having chocolate cake thrown in his face on the way to helping England get to the semi finals.

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7814 on: May 24, 2014, 07:46:34 pm »

:lmao; tears...

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7815 on: May 24, 2014, 11:45:27 pm »

:wellin
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #7816 on: May 25, 2014, 12:14:42 am »
Astounding. Hoped it was some top, top improvised comedy, but then I looked at the poster's history. Hilarious post.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7817 on: May 25, 2014, 12:47:39 pm »

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7818 on: May 25, 2014, 12:54:11 pm »
Chamberlain would have been a lot better off here. Instead he's suck doing fucking selfies
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline TheBazz

• tardzz keepz deleting my poztzzzzzz! Blazzphemy! Blazzpheryou! Blazzphereverybody on the forumzzzzzz!
  • Kopite
  • It's the Bazz!
« Reply #7819 on: May 25, 2014, 01:43:23 pm »
Really loving the between our players in the National squad.
@KevinHenshaw1 (not the professional wakeboarder).

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7820 on: May 25, 2014, 07:44:47 pm »

:lmao

Read this about 3 times now, still hilarious. This needs emailing to the England management sharpish so they can have a rethink.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 07:48:01 pm by Bunter »

Offline Sally

• Desperately searching for a very, very, very, very, very small toaster! "I'm saying this now, if he (Christian Benteke) scores more than 16 goals for us next season i'm eating my cock." (Duly noted!)
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Yellow Submarine
« Reply #7821 on: May 25, 2014, 08:27:11 pm »

You big Party Pooper

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7822 on: May 26, 2014, 12:08:38 am »
Asked whether he is as good as Suárez, Sturridge replied: “It’s a funny question isn’t it? That’s for everyone else to decide. Everyone has their own opinions on which footballers they like. I like Ronaldo, some people like Messi.”

Love that

Offline Spraynard Kruger

• Wholeheartedly supports the cause but would stay seated in a walk-out protest cos, you know, it's so expensive to get to the game, so doesn't wholeheartedly support after all and misses the point completely. All in one sentence. Wow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7823 on: May 26, 2014, 12:14:53 am »
desek29 would love to respond to all of your posts, but unfortunately as he wishes to avoid an obsession with technology he uses his computer just once every couple of months.
"Sometimes you have to just chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is." - Daniel Sturridge

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7824 on: May 26, 2014, 12:07:56 pm »
Asked whether he is as good as Suárez, Sturridge replied: “It’s a funny question isn’t it? That’s for everyone else to decide. Everyone has their own opinions on which footballers they like. I like Ronaldo, some people like Messi.”

Love that

Haha, good lad. I'm of the belief that he's really not that far behind. When you line them up attribute by attribute, stat by stat the gap is not big at all. I think he's certainly better than Suarez was at 24 at least.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7825 on: May 26, 2014, 12:28:07 pm »
Haha, good lad. I'm of the belief that he's really not that far behind. When you line them up attribute by attribute, stat by stat the gap is not big at all. I think he's certainly better than Suarez was at 24 at least.

Being English will always put him at a disadvantage to being properly appreciated as it's the belief your uncultured and can't be as classy as a Latin player.

Offline Endoe

• Legacy Fan
  • A liverbird on my chest
« Reply #7826 on: May 26, 2014, 04:06:16 pm »
Think he'll have a great WC and the  world will take notice of him, more so if played centrally. Think Sterling could burst onto the world stage alq Owen. Can't wait.

royhendo

« Reply #7827 on: May 28, 2014, 06:05:10 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa64YBMs0aY

"Kid. Use your head. And it right."

Eh?

Offline supaerheraw

• Kopite
« Reply #7828 on: May 28, 2014, 06:09:18 pm »

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #7829 on: May 28, 2014, 06:15:03 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa64YBMs0aY

"Kid. Use your head. And it right."

Eh?
Kid playing Sturridge kept kicking with his right foot whilst we all know Dan is a lefty
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #7830 on: May 28, 2014, 06:32:47 pm »
Nice from Dr. Hawking on Sturridge. He even takes a little dig at Rooney . 8)

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-27608788?

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #7831 on: May 28, 2014, 06:51:45 pm »
Nice from Dr. Hawking on Sturridge. He even takes a little dig at Rooney . 8)

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-27608788?

;D

That's fantastic.

Didn't realize he was a football fan!
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7832 on: May 28, 2014, 06:56:16 pm »
;D

That's fantastic.

Didn't realize he was a football fan!

I don't think he is, paddy power offered him a lot of money that he's going to give to charity I read. A lot of the stuff he came out with in the predictions any person could have come out with like England winning more games at a temperate climate closer to sea level. The most interesting one was England have a 58% win ratio playing 4-3-3 compared with 48% 4-4-2
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 06:57:56 pm by Shankly998 »

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7833 on: May 28, 2014, 07:53:34 pm »
It's a good job that Suarez has so many intangibles that you cannot line up, attribute by attribute, which put him miles ahead of any other player in the league.

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7834 on: May 29, 2014, 03:47:16 pm »
80-1 to be WC top goalscorer seems ludicrously long to me.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #7835 on: May 29, 2014, 04:10:43 pm »
80-1 to be WC top goalscorer seems ludicrously long to me.
ooo tempting
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #7836 on: May 29, 2014, 04:23:58 pm »

I presume that you are a professor of talking bollocks
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline Lee_no8

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #7837 on: May 30, 2014, 08:35:13 pm »
Just scored a cracker for England!
Il Liverpool si riprende la Champions a Istanbul: gil bastano i 6 minuti di follia rossonera

Milan nell’incubo

Da 3-0 a 3-3, poi Dudek e i rigori frumano la beffa del secolo

La Gazetta dello Sport

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #7838 on: May 30, 2014, 08:38:35 pm »
wow

he's ours ;D
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #7839 on: May 30, 2014, 08:40:44 pm »
Lambert would've had a hat trick by now