Author Topic: Comolli and Bruckner leave by mutual consent  (Read 345576 times)

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Re: Comolli and Bruckner leave by mutual consent
« Reply #2400 on: April 12, 2012, 08:25:00 pm »
Kelly, Flanagan, Robinson, Shelvey, Sterling and Coady all came to the academy during Rafa's tenure.

Was that through Rafa's tenure as manager? Or as Heighway's/Kenny Dalglish's tenure at the Youth Academy? 
Continually on 11,420.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2401 on: April 12, 2012, 08:26:08 pm »
Roy bought him in didn't he? otherwise yeah spot on.
Nah he was bought in May 2010 during Rafa's tenure.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2402 on: April 12, 2012, 08:26:13 pm »
Was that through Rafa's tenure as manager? Or as Heighway's/Kenny Dalglish's tenure at the Youth Academy? 

Considering Rafa brought Kenny back in, then it's under Rafa's.

No shut up with this Carragher/Rafa/Academy stuff before this gets locked eh?

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2403 on: April 12, 2012, 08:26:20 pm »
Sitting comfortably today? ;)
Juan, was this what You and Roy were alluding to earlier in the week?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2404 on: April 12, 2012, 08:26:35 pm »
Roy bought him in didn't he? otherwise yeah spot on.

He was Rafas last buy I think

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #2405 on: April 12, 2012, 08:26:57 pm »
I'll be honest, I don't care about DC or Bruckner leaving - we can replace them without disrupting onfield development. I am just worried that Kenny will be moved upstairs or leave. THIS SHOULD NOT HAPPEN. KENNY IS THE RIGHT MAN.

WHY NOT READ THE INTERVIEW THEN....
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2406 on: April 12, 2012, 08:27:45 pm »
Natalie Wignall has not left the Club.

And the goalkeeping coach Paul?
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline LondonRedMan

• wants to donate to RAWk because a kindly mod took away his nasty CT.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #2407 on: April 12, 2012, 08:27:48 pm »
What next? I honestly don't know. When I think about about what has gone on at our club over the last 3 years I'm at a loss to fathom out what is next, what more is there in the wings to rock us, to shake us and to leave us puzzled and confused.

What have we become? Are we a spurs and Man Utd of the 80's, an ongoing saga of upheaval, comedy and shooting ourselves in the foot decisions.

What does the future hold? Are we destined to chase our tales like a frustrated dog, are we to rise from the ashes like the re-born phoenix or are we destined to fade, fade and fall into obscurity.

What?

I was gonna start this as a thread but I just don't know If I could read more debate upon debate, I just don't know anymore about anything....I just don't know. Even a silly arse like me is finding it hard to raise a smile when having to witness another Liverpool upheaval plastered across the news and all this two days before an FA cup semi-final against our closest and longest rivals.

Possibly timed to get a reaction from the players.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #2408 on: April 12, 2012, 08:28:21 pm »
Juan, was this what You and Roy were alluding to earlier in the week?

I don't know about Roy but anything I get is about ten steps removed from what's happening haha. That was more people not trusting that Roy wouldn't say shit just to stir, but the lad actually might have heard things.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Devastatin' Dave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2409 on: April 12, 2012, 08:28:41 pm »
Considering Rafa brought Kenny back in, then it's under Rafa's.

Considering Parry brought in Rafa, I'd say it was under his tenure.  :D

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #2410 on: April 12, 2012, 08:29:16 pm »

You can't have it both ways mate, you asked the question and got a sensible, informed answer, accept it
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline LondonRedMan

• Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #2411 on: April 12, 2012, 08:29:26 pm »

I've read it. It does not offer any guarantees for Kenny. I'm worried.

« Reply #2412 on: April 12, 2012, 08:29:45 pm »
The signings may have been his, but the deals were done by Comolli. Could be that he overspent on one or two. I'm sure we could all come up with possible explanations, but it isn't helpful, is it?
The picks have been just as bad as the money spent

IMO, FSG's intended structure is one where there are two heads one for the football side and one for the commercial side. Comolli was supposed to be at the head of the footballing side but that hasn't worked out. I have a feeling we will get David Dein in for this role, he was apparently at both our games which is hardly a coincidence, further more I believe he would know Comolli from his time at Arsenal and may not have been looking forward to working with him.

There are some rumours that Ayre's role will be reviewed with Werner saying he is a great MD and said his role was to generate revenue for the club which leads me to believe he will only be focused on the commercial side of the club and nothing at all to do with the footballing side.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #2413 on: April 12, 2012, 08:29:46 pm »

Mate, you make it sound as if it's been Kenny that has been sacked and not Comolli.  :)

Obviously, the owners ae not pleased with what Comolli has achieved in his time here in regards to transfers and have decided to let him go. Seems just after the money we've thrown away too. His sacking would always have made news, no matter when it would have occurred. Perhaps it is a bit strange that it comes 2 days before a massive FA Cup semi-final, but it really shouldn't have any effect on the players or what happens on the field.

Offline PaulR

• Claims Diplomatic Immunity
  • Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2414 on: April 12, 2012, 08:29:53 pm »
Sitting comfortably today? ;)

Not much sitting around to be honest! Was out filming all morning

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2415 on: April 12, 2012, 08:30:07 pm »

This isn't the thread for it, take it to the youth/reserve thread and our resident youth/reserve saddos will mostly happily engage in debate with you.

Offline kLFCreds

• JonJo lookalike
  • Anny Roader
  • Huntelaar in January, please.
« Reply #2416 on: April 12, 2012, 08:30:17 pm »
I'll be honest, I don't care about DC or Bruckner leaving - we can replace them without disrupting onfield development. I am just worried that Kenny will be moved upstairs or leave. THIS SHOULD NOT HAPPEN. KENNY IS THE RIGHT MAN.

To play devils advocate, what if Kenny wants to move upstairs? He's done an incredible job steadying the ship. Perhaps that's all he wanted to do? & since he did just a great job last season there was no way FSG could have NOT given him the job. I don't know, just something to think about..
We're going to win the league.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2417 on: April 12, 2012, 08:30:46 pm »
I don't know about Roy but anything I get is about ten steps removed from what's happening haha. That was more people not trusting that Roy wouldn't say shit just to stir, but the lad actually might have heard things.
Never thought he was stirring to be honest, just unwise to say he knew something when he was unable to spill the beans....
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #2418 on: April 12, 2012, 08:31:33 pm »
I've read it. It does not offer any guarantees for Kenny. I'm worried.

Does Damien Comolli's departure have any impact upon Kenny Dalglish's position as manager?

Absolutely not. We've got great confidence in Kenny. We feel the team is going to make strides in the future and he enjoys our full support.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #2419 on: April 12, 2012, 08:32:44 pm »
Before you continue the 'yoof' coming through the ranks discusion...When I think of players coming through I expect them to be of a quality...the bench mark at LFC is fucking high...we are talking, Fowler, Owen, Gerrard etc here...now one has come through to at that level for over a decade..we've had promising players, but that is all...its a side issue...the real one since Moores gave Houllier the cheque book is pissing millions away on too many average players in succesive squads.

Plus LFC has always been a buying club. Accept it.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2420 on: April 12, 2012, 08:32:51 pm »
why are people saying its a knee jerk reaction when the new buys have been poor all season

any other business and people whould have been shown the door a long time ago

Cant expect success over night so if Kenny gets another season then why not DC? Unless there was a massive difference of opinion both deserve another bash at it esp when they are trying to implement the purchasing policy of the yanks. Someone thought DC was up for the job we all seem pretty keen on him 6 or 7 months ago and again success in football was never built on one or two transfer windows. The signings as a whole seem alright with Suarez, Enrique, Bellamy, Henderson looking alright to good. Maybe only Carroll has fallen flat but what do you expect when some gash decided to but a porspect at twice the rate he was probably worth. Anyway interesting times
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #2421 on: April 12, 2012, 08:33:13 pm »
This isn't the thread for it, take it to the youth/reserve thread and our resident youth/reserve saddos will mostly happily engage in debate with you.
Yeh I'm willing to take that debate to over there. is it 5 people who have left now?
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline T.Mills

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2422 on: April 12, 2012, 08:33:47 pm »
Is David Dein RAWK's new Arda Turan, Juan Mata or Tainio?? His name always seems to pop up when there's a change at the top. :o

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #2423 on: April 12, 2012, 08:34:08 pm »
Could someone tell me who this Natalie character is please?

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2424 on: April 12, 2012, 08:34:21 pm »
That was more people not trusting that Roy wouldn't say shit just to stir, but the lad actually might have heard things.

.. voices in his head

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #2425 on: April 12, 2012, 08:35:04 pm »
Can someone quickly shout who's left after Commoli? I have been away so i'm lost :)

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2426 on: April 12, 2012, 08:35:20 pm »
Cant expect success over night so if Kenny gets another season then why not DC? Unless there was a massive difference of opinion both deserve another bash at it esp when they are trying to implement the purchasing policy of the yanks. Someone thought DC was up for the job we all seem pretty keen on him 6 or 7 months ago and again success in football was never built on one or two transfer windows. The signings as a whole seem alright with Suarez, Enrique, Bellamy, Henderson looking alright to good. Maybe only Carroll has fallen flat but what do you expect when some gash decided to but a porspect at twice the rate he was probably worth. Anyway interesting times

if you want people to be given another chance thats your opinion to think that

if you are payed a lot of money to do a good job its always been my understanding that people will expect good results from you

Offline Get

• ...ting perilously close to being banned, so even the avatar is WRONG!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Support Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #2427 on: April 12, 2012, 08:35:28 pm »
I am just greatful that our new owners act instead of giving a shit.

obviously they don't settle for what haves been going on so far and make changes and are ready to make hard decisions to ensure whats best for the club instead of cashing just in and being satisfied by medicore.

Finally owners with balls and sight on success
Quote from: Fordy on July 20, 2012, 01:24:46 PM
Anything more that 6m for Joe Allen and we have been ripped off.

Loads of Joe allens out there.

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #2428 on: April 12, 2012, 08:36:00 pm »
Could someone tell me who this Natalie character is please?

In-house lawyer at the club, who according to PaulR has NOT been fired.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline zuchum

• Anny Roader
  • Not that kind of poster
    • Twitter
« Reply #2429 on: April 12, 2012, 08:36:23 pm »
Is David Dein RAWK's new Arda Turan, Juan Mata or Tainio?? His name always seems to pop up when there's a change at the top. :o

He's the Ricardo Quaresma of Finance

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2430 on: April 12, 2012, 08:36:55 pm »
I am just greatful that our new owners act instead of giving a shit.

obviously they don't settle for what haves been going on so far and make changes and are ready to make hard decisions to ensure whats best for the club instead of cashing just in and being satisfied by medicore.

Finally owners with balls and sight on success

if you settle for same old same old like we have done for the last 20 odd years we wont win the league

i like the new approach

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2431 on: April 12, 2012, 08:38:03 pm »
What next? I honestly don't know. When I think about about what has gone on at our club over the last 3 years I'm at a loss to fathom out what is next, what more is there in the wings to rock us, to shake us and to leave us puzzled and confused.

What have we become? Are we a spurs and Man Utd of the 80's, an ongoing saga of upheaval, comedy and shooting ourselves in the foot decisions.

What does the future hold? Are we destined to chase our tales like a frustrated dog, are we to rise from the ashes like the re-born phoenix or are we destined to fade, fade and fall into obscurity.

What?

I was gonna start this as a thread but I just don't know If I could read more debate upon debate, I just don't know anymore about anything....I just don't know. Even a silly arse like me is finding it hard to raise a smile when having to witness another Liverpool upheaval plastered across the news and all this two days before an FA cup semi-final against our closest and longest rivals.

Most journeys have bumps and all that. I am sure that things will settle down sooner rather than later and we will be successful again.

Offline Get

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2432 on: April 12, 2012, 08:38:24 pm »
if you settle for same old same old like we have done for the last 20 odd years we wont win the league

i like the new approach

i just said i like what they are doing..

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.

Offline LondonRedMan

• Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #2433 on: April 12, 2012, 08:38:36 pm »
Does Damien Comolli's departure have any impact upon Kenny Dalglish's position as manager?

Absolutely not. We've got great confidence in Kenny. We feel the team is going to make strides in the future and he enjoys our full support.

Firstly,thanks for helping to calm my nerves down. I was too worried and emotional whilst skimming through the interview. Thanks and sorry for missing that part.

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #2434 on: April 12, 2012, 08:38:36 pm »
In-house lawyer at the club, who according to PaulR has NOT been fired.

Ok, still not sure what that's all about but thanks ??

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2435 on: April 12, 2012, 08:39:28 pm »
i just said i like what they are doing..

i was agreeing with you mate

dont worry

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2436 on: April 12, 2012, 08:39:43 pm »
Ok, still not sure what that's all about but thanks ??

Natalie Wignall, she's the clubs solicitor/lawyer who was rumoured to have been sacked after Brukner and Comolli.

According to PaulR who works at the club, she hasn't been :wave

Offline fivein05

• Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #2
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2437 on: April 12, 2012, 08:39:52 pm »

What?

Mate in the few years I've been on this site I have always read your posts as they have been a bit of fresh air. This post makes me feel a bit sad and is an alagory of the way I and many others feel at the moment. We should be buzzing and looking forward to our biggest game in years yet here we are feeling dazed and confused by whats gone on today.

In reflection though this is what we wanted a few years ago and what we cheered when Hodgson went.....let me explain.

This is FSG, decisive and straight. If its not working then look at all angles and make a decision....bang. Commoli, Bruckner et Al gone. This is the sort of leadership we wanted is it not?

The main man is staying, the wheat has been cut from the chaff as far as I am concerned they are doing their job as custodians of this club. Lets not see it as termoil but a statement of their commitment to getting us back to where we belong.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 08:42:00 pm by fivein05 »
One poster on this site is going to let me down this season! Don't let it be you!

Offline Coady

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #2438 on: April 12, 2012, 08:40:20 pm »

To be fair Alan, they were giving backing to Roy several times before binning him.
"When you hear the noise of the Bill Shankly boys,
We'll be coming down the road"

Offline Get

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2439 on: April 12, 2012, 08:41:01 pm »
i was agreeing with you mate

dont worry

ahh ok:D