Author Topic: Comolli and Bruckner leave by mutual consent  (Read 345296 times)

Offline Carlos: Very Kickable

• Pompous Twat. Scourge of Pinko Liberalism. Attitude to Cyan Conservatism is unclear. Lives in a Monochrome world and is baffled by colours.
  • Legacy Fan
  • As Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus would say...
Re: Comolli and Bruckner leave by mutual consent
« Reply #2200 on: April 12, 2012, 06:58:18 pm »

Are you suggesting we hire AVB to do tactics?

It'd be innovative if nothing else i guess.

I was actually - but the thread got locked.

My idea was that we bring in the strengths we need to the bootroom - if not AVB then someone similar - he could then learn Kenny's man management skills and the Liverpool Way before eventually succeeding him - as happened in the past.

Under FSG the role of the manager is relatively restricted compared to what we would be used to as Liverpool fans - a high degree of tactical acumen is more important in this role and thats why AVB was one of the leading contenders for the job whilst Hodgson was still in charge. Dont think anyone can deny that our tactics this season have misfired - we are playing like a poor man's version of Clarke and Moruinhos Chelsea (Terry/Carragher, Makalele/Lucas, Lampard/Gerrard, Drogba/Carroll, low block, low press, target man) thinking it would be good enough to get us into 4th. Im convinced that will change once we have made changes in the Summer and we will go back to a high line, high press 14231 as the rest of teh club is setup. For that we need another tactician - good though Clarke is he is schooled in completeley the opposite system.

My thread was titled - the most important signings we make this summer (are not on the pitch). I think FSG have done exactly the right thing.
I know you struggle with reading comprehension Carlitos, but do try to pay attention

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #2201 on: April 12, 2012, 06:58:28 pm »
True. His legs must have gone at 70 though surely.

In all seriousness, this isn't the politburo. We can't wheel out coffin dodgers and talk about long term strategy.

But whats the alternative? The likes of Ayers are inexperienced and the likes of Dein (those who were about at the begining of the PL i guess) are all gettin on.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline subroc

• cut at you with a clipper? Gas Face given, I beg to differ.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2202 on: April 12, 2012, 06:58:30 pm »
According to Word Thief,legal chief Natalie Wignall is the next one to go,after her poor showing in the Suarez case.

That, I have to say, is fully warramted. Poor preparation and why did the club not hire a QC for the job?

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #2203 on: April 12, 2012, 06:58:33 pm »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline East of Anfield

• Kopite
  • Singaporean Red
« Reply #2204 on: April 12, 2012, 06:58:57 pm »
Is it possible fsg sells a share to dein and than he be made md?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2205 on: April 12, 2012, 06:59:10 pm »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2206 on: April 12, 2012, 06:59:51 pm »
Ayre is MD.
He's staying as that says werner
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline kkjellquist

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2207 on: April 12, 2012, 07:00:33 pm »
"Damien, how much time each week are you spending on these chance creation reports?"
"Statistics are like bikinis—they show a lot but not everything." - Lou Piniella

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2208 on: April 12, 2012, 07:00:50 pm »
Cannoli?

So we fired our club chef?

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #2209 on: April 12, 2012, 07:01:26 pm »
If we get beat on Saturday is all this going to get the blame for it - unsettling the team ........

There was always a lack of understanding of what Comolli did.  Don't understand what a Director of Football is there for.  The Manager makes the decisions and should stand and fall by that.  The added pressure of Comolli is an unknown factor on team ethics as well as the signings.  Remember Keegan at Newcastle when Wise became Director of Football?  Keegan suggested that as long as he didn't interfere with his work he was not concerned by Wise's being there.  Wasn't long after Keegan had gone.

Actherberg has hardly got the keepers performing heroics.  The legal girl who is rumoured to have gone - well, enough said about the legal team after this season.  Bruckner is a funny one as his performance isn't easy to evaluate.

In honesty, its a very good probability that the above four people have contributed to our current league position - why will they be missed on Sunday?

Offline scottishRED

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2210 on: April 12, 2012, 07:02:09 pm »
We are playing an FA Cup semi-final against Everton at Wembley in front of 89,000 the day before the 23rd anniversary of Hillsborough. Commolli leaving will have fuck all impact on the players one way or another.

Royhendo, 5thBenitle and I did the Wembley tour after the last Blizzard event and though I'm not a big fan of Wembley, when I walked down the tunnel and on to the pitch I was blown away. If any player is thinking about Commoli when they walk down the tunnel... well simply they won't. It's utter fucking tripe.

Mate, it's not an outrageous view to suggest this could have an impact on some of the players, particularly those signed by Comolli.

I take your point that it shouldn't, and there should be more than enough in the occasion, the opponents, and the atmosphere, for this to be out of everyone's minds.

On balance, I probably agree with you.

But to say the other view is "utter fucking tripe" is one-eyed and, frankly, a touch narrow-minded.

The message that these signings were not good enough and not acceptable for the club is a strong one here...would that be in my mind a bit if I were a player?  Yes, it would.  Would it affect my performance?  I hope not...but could I promise that?  No.

The point that people are making re. why not wait is a fair one...it would have cost very little, if anything, to have waited until next Monday to do this.

Of course, I may be wrong and this may actually focus minds / relieve some pressure ahead of a big game, in which case fine...maybe that's what FSG reasoned and that's why they chose to do this now.  If so, fair enough.  I just hope they thought about it beforehand.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2211 on: April 12, 2012, 07:02:19 pm »
To this end, a statistics-based approach need the right personnel to see it through and enact it

Statistics can't factor in things like playing for smaller clubs, where teams sit back and tend to hit on the counter. So Downing  and Carroll's stats are bound to be flattering pre-Liverpool. Move to a bigger club, where they have less space to operate and where most other teams are the ones sitting back and all of a sudden these statistically gifted players become impotent.

If the departure of Comolli is in some way an acknowledgement that Moneyball system can't be applied to football, think the club will be moving forward. No problem with having a long-term DoF as Juan Loco knowledgeably pointed out.

Maybe FSG need to start from scratch and work out what the clubs playing philosophy should be before jumping into another appointment.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2212 on: April 12, 2012, 07:03:02 pm »

Directors don't need to be shareholders. Completely different legal role.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline East of Anfield

• Kopite
  • Singaporean Red
« Reply #2213 on: April 12, 2012, 07:03:12 pm »
Ayre is MD.
He's staying as that says werner

Cheers, one can only dream! Got a colleague whose a gooner who text me saying that it will be great for us if thats true

Offline Houlliers goal face

• Kopite
« Reply #2214 on: April 12, 2012, 07:03:54 pm »
We are playing an FA Cup semi-final against Everton at Wembley in front of 89,000 the day before the 23rd anniversary of Hillsborough. Commolli leaving will have fuck all impact on the players one way or another.

Royhendo, 5thBenitle and I did the Wembley tour after the last Blizzard event and though I'm not a big fan of Wembley, when I walked down the tunnel and on to the pitch I was blown away. If any player is thinking about Commoli when they walk down the tunnel... well simply they won't. It's utter fucking tripe.

I've no doubt they won't be thinking of Comolli at any point on Saturday, but maybe his presence in and around the group between now and then would have had an impact.

In another thread you mention rumours. Well, you must have heard the one about Dalglish insisting all this takes place before the game - why would that be? Assuming you believe the rumours!

Offline East of Anfield

• Kopite
  • Singaporean Red
« Reply #2215 on: April 12, 2012, 07:05:26 pm »
Directors don't need to be shareholders. Completely different legal role.

But if he were to be our md and a shareholder,he won't be able to get the sack? Unless he was voted off by the other shareholders?

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2216 on: April 12, 2012, 07:06:19 pm »
Boom. Bang. Boom.

IMO, it was the right decision and it showed that they learned from the Hogson distaster to not wait longer than necessary.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 07:11:41 pm by steveeastend »
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2217 on: April 12, 2012, 07:06:25 pm »
But if he were to be our md and a shareholder,he won't be able to get the sack?
Yes you could still be sacked as MD
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2218 on: April 12, 2012, 07:07:10 pm »
Can some one give a brief summary of who hasnt been sacked?
W

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2219 on: April 12, 2012, 07:07:22 pm »
Are we waiting on any more announcements? Or is it now safe to leave the computer?

Offline Lothairio

• Kopite
  • Facci Sognare
« Reply #2220 on: April 12, 2012, 07:07:25 pm »
Who's "Camoli"

Oops, sorry, thats Charlie Cairoli (to all intents and purposes, same difference)
Hat, cap, scarf, or yer badges...

Offline scottishRED

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2221 on: April 12, 2012, 07:07:34 pm »
I've no doubt they won't be thinking of Comolli at any point on Saturday, but maybe his presence in and around the group between now and then would have had an impact.

In another thread you mention rumours. Well, you must have heard the one about Dalglish insisting all this takes place before the game - why would that be? Assuming you believe the rumours!

Don't buy this idea that Comolli would have had an impact 'in and around the group' at all.  Not even a little bit.  He has an off pitch role...it will have fuck all impact on normal match preparations...Comolli wouldn't have been anywhere near the training sessions / team bus / dressing room.

Where it might impact, in my view, is (as I've said in my other posts here) that players who were signed by him will get a public message from the club's owners that they just have not been good enough.  That might (and equally might not) play on their minds.

Re. timing, if Dalglish did request it now, can only imagine it was to distract from the game / relieve pressure from his squad by avoiding the 'this makes or breaks liverpool's season' style headlines.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 07:09:23 pm by scottishRED »

Offline East of Anfield

• Kopite
  • Singaporean Red
« Reply #2222 on: April 12, 2012, 07:07:57 pm »
Yes you could still be sacked as MD

So was he sacked by the gooners or did he leave on his own accord?

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2223 on: April 12, 2012, 07:08:34 pm »
So was he sacked by the gooners or did he leave on his own accord?
Www.google.com
W

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #2224 on: April 12, 2012, 07:09:05 pm »
On advice from Billy Beane. Now, if Comolli was brought in an advisor that's fine. You could even argue that his 'director of football strategy' role was just a way of keeping him on in advisory role. They did promote Comolli though on the day that Kenny got the full time job, to Director of Football. They were the ones who at that point gave him that role knowing how long-term it was. So basically they've decided after less than a seasons evidence that the man they thought was the right man for the role isn't? At best that would seem impatient, no?
January 11 to April 12 is more than a season. And doing it now gives time to get someone new in before the summer window? Impatient maybe. But could equally be fixing a naive mistake, no?
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2225 on: April 12, 2012, 07:09:26 pm »

Www.google.com

Offline East of Anfield

• Kopite
  • Singaporean Red
« Reply #2226 on: April 12, 2012, 07:09:37 pm »
Www.google.com

Can't be arse opening another tab,glued here waiting for new updates

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
W

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2228 on: April 12, 2012, 07:10:21 pm »
Mate, it's not an outrageous view to suggest this could have an impact on some of the players, particularly those signed by Comolli.

Carroll and Downing performed slightly to rather better after a period of being dropped.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2229 on: April 12, 2012, 07:10:28 pm »

Kenny, Clarke, and others not quite so important
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline East of Anfield

• Kopite
  • Singaporean Red
« Reply #2230 on: April 12, 2012, 07:11:30 pm »
Kenny, Clarke, and others not quite so important

Fingers cross

Offline scottishRED

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2231 on: April 12, 2012, 07:11:36 pm »
January 11 to April 12 is more than a season. And doing it now gives time to get someone new in before the summer window? Impatient maybe. But could equally be fixing a naive mistake, no?

Agree with this.  If they have lost faith in Comolli, and don't want to give him anymore of the club's limited and precious cash, then makes a lot of sense to get him out now and get someone in ASAP to start planning and laying the ground ahead of the next transfer window opening in July.  That said, this could still have waited until after Saturday's game.

• Kopite
« Reply #2232 on: April 12, 2012, 07:11:51 pm »
...Comolli wouldn't have been anywhere near the training sessions / team bus / dressing room.

In terms of it affecting the team, that's purely opinion.

What is fact, is that Comolli was present at Melwood and training daily, always travelled on the team coach and always in and around the dressing room on game days. You only have to watch the tunnels cams to see that.

Offline jp2

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2233 on: April 12, 2012, 07:12:32 pm »
Does anyone know how much influence he had in signing youth players like Ibe?
We just spotted Chelsea our best player and pwned them at the Bridge.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2234 on: April 12, 2012, 07:14:34 pm »
Today's actions remind me of this scene from The Godfather. Swift, brutal, no sympathy

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/SOES-dS0pG0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/SOES-dS0pG0</a>

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2235 on: April 12, 2012, 07:14:48 pm »
The message that these signings were not good enough and not acceptable for the club is a strong one here...would that be in my mind a bit if I were a player?  Yes, it would.  Would it affect my performance?  I hope not...but could I promise that?  No.

I think you'd agree that this is the relevant part of your post and the only possible argument for an impact on the team's performance.

So any player not signed under Comolli should be unaffected.

Players signed under Commoli include some who are regarded as successes - Bellamy, Suarez and Enrique for instance (although Jose's form has suffered a bit). I doubt if their performance will be affected in any way.

Of those who were signed under Commoli and are seen as failures by some... well, they are seen as failures because they haven't been performing well - Downing and Carroll being the prime culprits. So this news is going to have what impact on those players exactly? If Comolli was kept in post until Monday would their performance improve? Or stay the same?

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline mactifosi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2236 on: April 12, 2012, 07:16:11 pm »
Don't buy this idea that Comolli would have had an impact 'in and around the group' at all.  Not even a little bit.  He has an off pitch role...it will have fuck all impact on normal match preparations...Comolli wouldn't have been anywhere near the training sessions / team bus / dressing room.

Where it might impact, in my view, is (as I've said in my other posts here) that players who were signed by him will get a public message from the club's owners that they just have not been good enough.  That might (and equally might not) play on their minds.

Re. timing, if Dalglish did request it now, can only imagine it was to distract from the game / relieve pressure from his squad by avoiding the 'this makes or breaks liverpool's season' style headlines.

Purslow was interfering with the squad, maybe Comolli was also sticking his oar in, fancies himself as a coach etc? Just idle speculation on my part of course.
Werner talks about not performing the role they set out, perhaps he also exceeded his remit?

But I think overall, it does send a message around footballing circles, that FSG mean business and will stop at nothing to achieve success.
Personally think that is the right message to be sending to the players before a big game and to any potential new signings we may have already contacted.

Offline scottishRED

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2237 on: April 12, 2012, 07:17:16 pm »
In terms of it affecting the team, that's purely opinion.

What is fact, is that Comolli was present at Melwood and training daily, always travelled on the team coach and always in and around the dressing room on game days. You only have to watch the tunnels cams to see that.

Seriously?  I didn't ever see that.  If true, fair enough I take it back...I thought his was an "upstairs" type role?

Offline dast18

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2238 on: April 12, 2012, 07:17:58 pm »
Cannoli?

So that is what it looks like. Heard it often in mafia-movies, never bother to google it or whatever. Ta
If he was Dudek would've saved it...and there would be no film.

• Kopite
« Reply #2239 on: April 12, 2012, 07:18:22 pm »

I don't disagree with that.

I just feel the timing in all this is relevant - whatever the reason!