Author Topic: Comolli and Bruckner leave by mutual consent  (Read 346009 times)

Offline T.Mills

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Comolli and Bruckner leave by mutual consent
« Reply #2080 on: April 12, 2012, 06:16:43 pm »

Cracking post Juan, however whilst I agree with some of the points you make, I find the criticism of the owners a little harsh.

They came in with next to no football experience, so expecting them to grasp the concept straight away is somewhat naive, Commoli had a fairly respectful history behind him, Tottenham have been flavour of the month for the last few seasons, so it was obvious that FSG would have looked at some of his signings there and came to the conclusion that his spell there was relatively successful.

In all honest I was delighted with the aquisition of Comolli, I though he had the football acumen to really drive us forward; and start plucking some of them unknown talents we've all been craving for a long, long time.

I don't think any of us could have forseen the half arsed transfer policy; we seen last summer, so what chance would FSG have, the fact is, they realised there mistake and acted accordingly, which is a damn sight better than sitting back and doing sweet FA.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2081 on: April 12, 2012, 06:16:52 pm »
Surely it's Kenny who would assess the GK coach's performance
And he will have written his infamous report saying he wasn't happy.... Maybe even Comoli said it
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #2082 on: April 12, 2012, 06:17:07 pm »
Conference calls both audio and video occur regularly

This I know for a fact

At the same time ? ;)
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2083 on: April 12, 2012, 06:17:23 pm »
Is the goalie coach confirmed anywhere official - haven't seen anything anywhere?
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline gods_left_peg

• Kopite
« Reply #2084 on: April 12, 2012, 06:17:53 pm »
They have telephones and the internet in America you know.

Using that logical, you have to wonder why they waited to do it all on the same day. Surely Ian Ayre could of got rid of everyone bar Comolli. I understand the need for Werner to be here for the Comolli sacking, as Comolli reported directly to Werner. But the others could have gone in the mean time, why wait?
“This club will always be the most important thing for ­millions of fans all over the world, just like Everton are the most important club to some people." - King Kenny

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #2085 on: April 12, 2012, 06:18:17 pm »
TheFarm/PeterHooton ‏ @TheFarm2012 
Goalkeeping coach has gone now #littlebighorn
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline dast18

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2086 on: April 12, 2012, 06:18:20 pm »
Hardly a surprise that Achterberg has gone. He doesn't have anyone left to coach.

Hehe. A little funny that.  :)
If he was Dudek would've saved it...and there would be no film.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #2087 on: April 12, 2012, 06:18:48 pm »
THE ANFIELD WRAP ‏ @TheAnfieldWrap  Reply  Retweet  Favorite · Open
We're also hearing that Natalie Wignall, the in-house lawyer, has also left the club.

Its a fucking Massacre.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2088 on: April 12, 2012, 06:18:50 pm »
Seems like LFC hire a lot of the wrong people.

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2089 on: April 12, 2012, 06:18:50 pm »
They will want to sort out upstairs before making changes (if any at all) that directly affects the team i.e Kenny, Keen, Clarke and the rest of the coaching staff.

Offline Dick Emery

• Legacy Fan
  • You are awful but I like you
« Reply #2090 on: April 12, 2012, 06:19:33 pm »
The good news is they are paying attention to the details and they are taking decisions. This is good.

Offline liddellpool

• Kopite
  • Tuned to a natural E.
« Reply #2091 on: April 12, 2012, 06:19:42 pm »
The exit of the Commercial Director earlier this year can be linked to FSG's unhappiness with how certain appointments were made.

Saying all that -- to sit in America and let things happen to your 'investment' then act when it goes wrong smacks me of a lack of control, rather a lack of strategy.

Offline Saint Kopite

• but Greavesie's in the Main Stand
  • Legacy Fan
  • “By what right does the wolf judge the lion?”
« Reply #2092 on: April 12, 2012, 06:19:44 pm »
Does anyone have that piece where Kenny talks about Comolli suggesting Andy and Luis in the January transfer market of 2011 in his autobiography?

Thanks.
A Liverbird upon my chest, we are the men of Shankly's best. A team that plays the Liverpool way, and wins the championship in May.

Offline Robert_B

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2093 on: April 12, 2012, 06:19:45 pm »
We're also hearing that Natalie Wignall, the in-house lawyer, has also left the club.

Its a fucking Massacre.

Our handling of the Suarez affair was shocking.

Offline djschembri

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2094 on: April 12, 2012, 06:20:01 pm »
DOF and MD to merge into one role, i.e. CEO. Mr. Ayre, I guess.

No chance. Ayre is in charge of improving revenues, Werner has said it himself in the interview. A CEO has much bigger responsabilities

Offline hitman89762000

• Young Glasshoppel, apprentice to the arlarses. Exponent of The Sandon's original "Hippy Mod In A Headlock" manoeuvre.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never wanting to be a transfer forum mod.
« Reply #2095 on: April 12, 2012, 06:20:15 pm »
From the anfield wraps twitter: "we're also hearing that natalie wignall the clubs in-house lawyer Has also left the club"

@Robbie9Fowler robbie fowler
@ @hitman8976rawk big spunky seaman was fookin massive... I saw the devil in his eyes and shit my undercrackers

PLEASE Sign Kevin Williams 15yeatr life ended at Hillsborough. His inquest is urgent for his terminally ill mum. http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/40925

a tweet fro

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #2096 on: April 12, 2012, 06:20:19 pm »
Starting to hear the transfer rumours circling now.  I must admit that DOES bother me, but under the circumstances such speculation will be inevitable.

Whats this?
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline LadsPen

• Kopite
« Reply #2097 on: April 12, 2012, 06:21:04 pm »
Brukner not to go until the end of the season, confirmed by club.

Offline Robert_B

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2098 on: April 12, 2012, 06:21:45 pm »
The exit of the Commercial Director earlier this year can be linked to FSG's unhappiness with how certain appointments were made.

Saying all that -- to sit in America and let things happen to your 'investment' then act when it goes wrong smacks me of a lack of control, rather a lack of strategy.

And if they were more hands on it'd be "know-nothing Americans sticking their noses in, interfering with kenny, how could they possibly know how to run the club better? They can't just stroll in here, they need to properly and slowly learn the ropes".

Can't have it both ways. They gave Comolli a chance, it didn't work out, he's gone. Simple.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2099 on: April 12, 2012, 06:22:11 pm »
Peter Brukner to leave Liverpool FC

Fenway Sports Group and Liverpool FC confirmed today that Head of Sports Medicine and Sports Science, Dr Peter Brukner will leave the Club by the end of the season.

Managing Director Ian Ayre said: "We are grateful to Peter who has been the catalyst for the transformation of our Sports Medicine and Sports Science capability at the Club since he joined two years ago. He has been instrumental in re-defining our requirements and bringing first class people into the team, providing us with a great platform to move forward. We wish him all the best for the future."

First team Manager Kenny Dalglish added: "The framework Peter has established has allowed us to see some very real results in relation to our overall levels of fitness and a reduction in injury levels. Peter acted as the key advisor to the club in this regard, and we wish him well in the future."

Peter Brukner commented: "It has been an honour to work at Liverpool Football Club. I am very proud of what we have achieved over the past two years, as can be seen by the reduced injury rate and improved fitness levels. With a world class staff now in place, I feel I have accomplished what I was asked to do by LFC in 2010 and the Club is in good hands. I wish the Club every success in the future."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/peter-brukner-to-leave-liverpool-fc
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2100 on: April 12, 2012, 06:22:34 pm »
And if they were more hands on it'd be "know-nothing Americans sticking their noses in, interfering with kenny, how could they possibly know how to run the club better? They can't just stroll in here, they need to properly and slowly learn the ropes".

Can't have it both ways. They gave Comolli a chance, it didn't work out, he's gone. Simple.

100%

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #2101 on: April 12, 2012, 06:22:35 pm »
They admitted they knew nothing of football, and on advice got in Comolli. Is it better to stick to that advice or fix it once you know what you're doing?
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline montysmum

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2102 on: April 12, 2012, 06:22:45 pm »
From the anfield wraps twitter: "we're also hearing that natalie wignall the clubs in-house lawyer Has also left the club"

well I could understand that, their handling of the Suarez 'court' case was appalling.
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #2103 on: April 12, 2012, 06:23:13 pm »
Starting to hear the transfer rumours circling now.  I must admit that DOES bother me, but under the circumstances such speculation will be inevitable.
What transfer rumours?

Offline gkmacca

• Kopite
« Reply #2104 on: April 12, 2012, 06:23:21 pm »

Its a fucking Massacre.

That should have happened ages ago, she was incompetant.

Offline montysmum

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2105 on: April 12, 2012, 06:23:25 pm »
Bruckner going at th end of the season apparently

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2106 on: April 12, 2012, 06:23:30 pm »
Hardly a surprise that Achterberg has gone. He doesn't have anyone left to coach.
LOL

Offline Niru Red4ever

• Spoiler spoiler
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2107 on: April 12, 2012, 06:23:50 pm »
Not fussed about the lawyer going - has done a bang up job in the Suarez affair.

Also Achtenberg had to go. He sort of got the job during a messy period. Hope this means we are getting Valero back; would help our scoring too.
Would love the 19th more and more trophies; but would love even more to see a fan owned LFC.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #2108 on: April 12, 2012, 06:23:52 pm »

What rumours

Offline Saint Kopite

• but Greavesie's in the Main Stand
  • Legacy Fan
  • “By what right does the wolf judge the lion?”
« Reply #2109 on: April 12, 2012, 06:24:09 pm »
Does anyone have that piece where Kenny talks about Comolli suggesting Andy and Luis in the January transfer market of 2011 in his autobiography?

Thanks.

Anyone?
A Liverbird upon my chest, we are the men of Shankly's best. A team that plays the Liverpool way, and wins the championship in May.

Offline Red Crown

• Kopite
Re: Comolli sacked by mutual consent
« Reply #2110 on: April 12, 2012, 06:24:46 pm »
Why so adamant that it won't happen? Anything is possible in football.

Because he spent months stabbing the man in the back and campaigning for his sacking while championing Hodgson's entrance, and has spent every moment since this came to pass to lecture others on the 'Liverpool Way' and 'supporting the team'.  His hypocrisy is fucking endless.

Offline Danyaals Kop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #2111 on: April 12, 2012, 06:25:06 pm »
GK coach out... confirmed ?

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2112 on: April 12, 2012, 06:25:17 pm »
They admitted they knew nothing of football, and on advice got in Comolli. Is it better to stick to that advice or fix it once you know what you're doing?

Appears to be the latter. It seems they've now got abit of experience and maybe have a better understanding of the workings of a football or some expert advisors they're happy to listen to.

Offline Bjinxi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2113 on: April 12, 2012, 06:25:19 pm »
Well seems like they want to overhaul the whole staff and such...

Would be kind of funny to see some players biting their nails if we could fire them and bring direct replacements in as well... - just for the laugh

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #2114 on: April 12, 2012, 06:25:29 pm »
Achteburg deffo gone.

Offline Noelle

• iverpoo?
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Comolli sacked by mutual consent
« Reply #2115 on: April 12, 2012, 06:25:34 pm »
Placenta healing woman in then?

Should've been done years ago tbf.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2116 on: April 12, 2012, 06:25:36 pm »
Whats this?

What rumours

No point in posting up transfer rumours mate.  They're about but we all know how much credence their worth, especially seeing as it's only April.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Niru Red4ever

• Spoiler spoiler
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2117 on: April 12, 2012, 06:26:00 pm »
Peter Brukner to leave Liverpool FC

Fenway Sports Group and Liverpool FC confirmed today that Head of Sports Medicine and Sports Science, Dr Peter Brukner will leave the Club by the end of the season.

Managing Director Ian Ayre said: "We are grateful to Peter who has been the catalyst for the transformation of our Sports Medicine and Sports Science capability at the Club since he joined two years ago. He has been instrumental in re-defining our requirements and bringing first class people into the team, providing us with a great platform to move forward. We wish him all the best for the future."

First team Manager Kenny Dalglish added: "The framework Peter has established has allowed us to see some very real results in relation to our overall levels of fitness and a reduction in injury levels. Peter acted as the key advisor to the club in this regard, and we wish him well in the future."

Peter Brukner commented: "It has been an honour to work at Liverpool Football Club. I am very proud of what we have achieved over the past two years, as can be seen by the reduced injury rate and improved fitness levels. With a world class staff now in place, I feel I have accomplished what I was asked to do by LFC in 2010 and the Club is in good hands. I wish the Club every success in the future."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/peter-brukner-to-leave-liverpool-fc

Sounds like the rest of the medical staff will remain.
Would love the 19th more and more trophies; but would love even more to see a fan owned LFC.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #2118 on: April 12, 2012, 06:26:15 pm »

On advice from Billy Beane. Now, if Comolli was brought in an advisor that's fine. You could even argue that his 'director of football strategy' role was just a way of keeping him on in advisory role. They did promote Comolli though on the day that Kenny got the full time job, to Director of Football. They were the ones who at that point gave him that role knowing how long-term it was. So basically they've decided after less than a seasons evidence that the man they thought was the right man for the role isn't? At best that would seem impatient, no?
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #2119 on: April 12, 2012, 06:26:56 pm »
Correct. The last lot would of done fuck all about the issues, as we saw.
Its right to amend mistakes as soon as possible. The timing is just a side issue and irrelevant.
But, its unsettling in some aspects, the way the Suarez affair was dealt with. No PR man at the club.

Agree completely mate. If they're smart- which by all accounts they are- they'll deal with the PR issue. It might even be something on their agenda for all we know.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist