Author Topic: Comolli: Only 1or 2 adjustments in the summer  (Read 131679 times)

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
Re: Comolli: Only 1or 2 adjustments in the summer
« Reply #520 on: March 3, 2012, 08:06:22 pm »
Really worried about our penalty taking abilties. Besides Gerrard, I trust absolutely no one from the spot kick anymore. When you have as many problems scoring as we do, the least you can do is score from a penalty when given the chance. But no, we can't do that either. Is it that hard to kick a stationary ball from twelve yards out into the goal?  :no Our strikers just can't hit a barn door, penalties included.

Has a team ever missed as many penalties in a season? If you factor in the two from the Carling Cup final, then surely we'd be up there if there was some sort of statistic for penalty misses in a season. And the season isn't even through yet.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #521 on: March 3, 2012, 08:07:43 pm »
Really worried about our penalty taking abilties.

That's certainly Comolli's fault and it's the number one issue we should look to solve, bring in a penalty taker.

Fucking hell.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #522 on: March 3, 2012, 08:10:50 pm »
That's certainly Comolli's fault and it's the number one issue we should look to solve, bring in a penalty taker.

Fucking hell.

So missing penalties is fine then? Since we're such a free-scoring side and the goals flow like beer at Oktoberfest, we shouldn't worry about missing the odd penalty right...  ::)

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #523 on: March 3, 2012, 08:13:12 pm »
My concern is Suarez going.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #524 on: March 3, 2012, 08:13:29 pm »
we shouldn't worry about missing the odd penalty right...  ::)

Missing the odd penalty, as you said yourself isn't the reason why we've fallen behind in the hunt for fourth and is hardly a massive problem.
When Stevie's on the pitch he'll be taking them as he always has done when fit and he puts them away 9 times out of ten.
Adam and Kuyt can take them aswell, hardly something to worry about.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #525 on: March 3, 2012, 08:18:08 pm »
Missing the odd penalty, as you said yourself isn't the reason why we've fallen behind in the hunt for fourth and is hardly a massive problem.
When Stevie's on the pitch he'll be taking them as he always has done when fit and he puts them away 9 times out of ten.
Adam and Kuyt can take them aswell, hardly something to worry about.

But that's exactly the point. Adam and Kuyt CAN'T take them. And as far as them not being the reason we've fallen behind, I agree. However think about this:

Suarez vs. Sunderland - 2 points dropped
Adam vs. Wigan - 2 points dropped
Kuyt vs. Arsenal - obviously could have ended 2-2 if we had scored the spotkick

That's 5 points we lost due to missed penalties. Yes, there are a lot of factors to consider, but there is no doubt that we would be better off points-wise if we knew how to take penalties.

Offline redhokie8

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #526 on: March 3, 2012, 08:21:43 pm »
First off you can't read into quotes too too much, and I'd venture to say alot depends on how the rest of the season.

Personally This is what I think what should happen this summer

OUT
-jones
-possibly doni, depending on the young keepers we have
- aurelio
- adam (think he'd be a decent squad player, but a luxury with jonjo in the team)
- maxi
- Carroll (it seems like we're undecided on him at the moment, we need to figure out if we want him in our plans or not, if not get rid of him)
- darby
- cole
-aquilani
-pacheco

In
- a young keeper (depending on how they rate our young keepers now)
- possibly another young centerback (i've seen the young sociedad centerback inigo Martinez linked)
- 2 wingers
- 1 or 2 centerminds
- if carroll is sold 2 forwards

(People keep saying that we can't attract certain players, if feel differently if players believe in a project and see you're willing to spend I think they'd come, so honestly to compete we'd need players like: inigo martinez, javi martinez, hazard, cavani, lucas, ozil, munain, marin, jovetic, schurrle, m'vila, sissoko, griezmann, van wolfswinkel, erikson, holtby, damiao, saldado, llorente)

Reina/doni

Johnson/kelly/flanagan Skrtel/Carragher/Wisdom Agger/Coates/Wilson Enrique/Robinson

PLAYER X/kuyt/sterling(possibly depending on a few factors) Lucas/spearing PLAYER X/henderson Downing/ PLAYER X/Bellamy

Gerrard/shelvey/henderson

Suarez/kuyt/Bellamy Player X/Player X

So you'd have

........................Reina
Johnson....skrtel.....Agger....Enrique
Player X...Lucas......PlayerX....Downing (maybe player X)
...........................Gerrard
.................... Suarez

Or

.......................Reina
Johnson....Skrtel....Agger....Enrique
Player X....Lucas....Gerrard/Player X....Downing/Player X
................Suarez...Player X

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #527 on: March 3, 2012, 08:23:26 pm »
But that's exactly the point. Adam and Kuyt CAN'T take them.

So Dirk misses one peno and now he can't take them despite scoring one in the cup final?

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #528 on: March 3, 2012, 08:24:57 pm »
So Dirk misses one peno and now he can't take them despite scoring one in the cup final?

He missed at Everton. A 33% conversion rate isn't exactly inspiring.

Offline JamesLS7

• Kopite
  • Rafa Is My Hero.
« Reply #529 on: March 3, 2012, 08:29:08 pm »

We have missed 6 pens this season. Thats disgraceful.

However that isnt DC's fault. He cant buy a peno taker just so we score from the spot.

Hell Adam was supposed to be this all round set piece god and he has been fucking embarrassing from dead ball spots.
When discussing Dirk Kuyt's work rate :

I don't think he works as hard as some people claim. No harder, for example, than Stewart Downing.

18 League Titles and 5 European Cups. Get counting.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #530 on: March 3, 2012, 08:29:47 pm »
He missed at Everton. A 33% conversion rate isn't exactly inspiring.

So what do you propose? Sell him? Bring in an expert penalty taker?

Offline Zawsze Red!

• Kemlynite
« Reply #531 on: March 3, 2012, 08:30:46 pm »
Huntelaar is not first quality attacker.  I know he scores on Wembley but this is friendly, he is not enough good for top side like Liverpool must be.  He fails at Real and in German, this is not player to make us top side again.

I read this forum for long time before I registrate and I am surprise now at criticising of Kenny.  How can people say us he is not good manager when he has success time here before and also at Blackburn what is not so prestige club but yet wins title?

Something is not how should be however so I ask what is it?  Not Kenny, he has success before as I told.  So what?  I ask if other coaches and managers are good.  Comolli I think was not so good at Tottenham (I say this before) and they buy players now better than Comolli's time.  Also I ask about Steve Clark, he was success with Mourinho at Chelsea but when he was in West Ham it was not so well for him in fact it was very bad I think he was sack in end.

Maybe these are good people and best for Liverpool, I don't know.  But maybe they can be problem, like in Tottenham and West Ham.  Because if not Kenny and I think we know Kenny is great manager then something else is not well.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #532 on: March 3, 2012, 08:34:05 pm »
2 or 3 for me......

top quality finishing machine. creative midfielder (in silva, modric mould). left back cover.
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline E.Dunphy

• Kemlynite
    • Lfcbay the LFC auction site.
« Reply #533 on: March 3, 2012, 08:38:00 pm »
To me that says, prepare for a quite summer, because we're not going to be buyin anyone, we speand our money last summer on shite.

Offline greyfade

• "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe....."
  • Legacy Fan
  • ★★★★★
« Reply #534 on: March 3, 2012, 08:38:47 pm »
So are you saying he gets no balls fed to him?  He has to do it all on his own?  Rubbish mate! 

He's greedy.  Wembley last week.  RHS of area - chips at goal - Bellamy free on penalty spot looks at him in disgust.

Today.  Same position.  Smashes ball into side of net when three players were running into goal.  Waste. Waste.  Waste. 

He doesn't create.  He doesn't finish clinically enough.

Yes, Suarez is the one whose wasting all our chances.

Fucking hell.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #535 on: March 3, 2012, 08:41:44 pm »
To me that says, prepare for a quite summer, because we're not going to be buyin anyone, we speand our money last summer on shite.

At least learn to spell if you've planned on registering to post even more negativity.

Offline gazzathered

• RAWK's Token Ginger
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #536 on: March 3, 2012, 08:42:30 pm »
YNWA

Offline LiverpoolKopKings

• "He got to Number One. Then into minus figures. Though nobody could understand why!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • Here's to win it before my expiry date!!!!
« Reply #537 on: March 3, 2012, 08:47:51 pm »
3rd last blackburn scored 8 more then us till now. That further shows where our major problem lies.
If you're happy and you know it, Klopp your hands
If you're happy and you know it, Klopp your hands

Offline gazzathered

• RAWK's Token Ginger
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #538 on: March 3, 2012, 08:49:56 pm »
3rd last blackburn scored 8 more then us till now. That further shows where our major problem lies.

You suggesting Yakubu and Dunn then
YNWA

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #539 on: March 3, 2012, 09:12:17 pm »
A couple of top players to come into the first 11 could make a huge difference come next august. I believe we have one of the best keepers in the world, one of the best back fours when all fit. Lucas is one of the best in the world at what he does imo and suarez and gerrard have that extra quality too. in my opinion i'm looking at kuyt and maxi departing. freeing up some wages and allowing a couple of personel to come in.

Reina
Johnson       Skrtel            Agger       Enrique

Lucas   Henderson

Gerrard       

(Top Winger/
Inside forward)                           Suarez

(Top Forward)

To be frank we need two world class players in those positions. Gerrard and Henderson can interchange in those positions. Gerrard would drop into CM and Vice versa for henderson.

Then you have Bellamy (Right side/Left Side/Forward) Carroll (Target Man) Adam to come in for gerrard or henderson if injuries or fatigue play a part (CM/CAM) Spearing (DM) Downing (Left side & Right side) All these players would be on the bench or not even make the bench but there if injuries or fatigue etc play there part.

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #540 on: March 3, 2012, 09:18:00 pm »
can you imagine if the boot room was still going

what a mess they have got to sort out for next season

some players look as though they cant make the step up to play for a big club like liverpool

others like kuyt and carra seem to be playing bellow the levels they played at before

dont forget that alonso and mash were also leaders on the pitch aswell

when gerrard doesnt play who are the leaders ?

i do worry about the current squad i see more problems than solutions

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #541 on: March 3, 2012, 09:20:21 pm »
My concern is Suarez & Reina going.

Fixed that for you
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #542 on: March 3, 2012, 09:21:29 pm »
can you imagine if the boot room was still going

what a mess they have got to sort out for next season

some players look as though they cant make the step up to play for a big club like liverpool

others like kuyt and carra seem to be playing bellow the levels they played at before

dont forget that alonso and mash were also leaders on the pitch aswell

when gerrard doesnt play who are the leaders ?

i do worry about the current squad i see more problems than solutions

We have too many squad players who are playing week in week out. Thats the unfortunate truth. Players like adam have been in the squad almost every game because of the combination of gerrard being out and then lucas getting injured too. When stevie was coming back i think it was adam that was getting dropped or subbed to accomodate gerrard but then lucas got injured and adam has featured still.

Offline Lille Camille

• richardless
  • Kopite
« Reply #543 on: March 3, 2012, 09:22:50 pm »
This quote from Comolli really makes it hard to look forward to next season. How the fuck is anything going to be different with the same mediocre players?

Offline Quintet

• Kopite
« Reply #544 on: March 3, 2012, 09:27:28 pm »
Suarez will give us another season I think. Another reason why this summer is so so important that we get it right. You didnt have to be a footballing genius to realise downing was going to be average, or that Carroll would struggle to fit in with the way we want to play or that henderson would take time to settle. Yet we still went out and got them for massive amount of money.. baffling. Adam for the price should have been good business because he corners are worth £10m alone don't cha know 8).

If we end up signing scott sinclair this summer well I think its time we just...gave up really

Offline JamesLS7

• Kopite
  • Rafa Is My Hero.
« Reply #545 on: March 3, 2012, 09:30:20 pm »
This quote from Comolli really makes it hard to look forward to next season. How the fuck is anything going to be different with the same mediocre players?

Small adjustment could mean signing Hazard and Cavani, Its only two players

I don't think he works as hard as some people claim. No harder, for example, than Stewart Downing.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #546 on: March 3, 2012, 09:32:02 pm »
Could mean anything. It's been a long time since we've had a decent transfer window though..

Not getting my hopes up.

Offline kkjellquist

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #547 on: March 3, 2012, 09:32:31 pm »
Anyone think this is just talk from DC so every club in the world doesn't stick it to us price wise?  Do we really want him saying "we are spending big this summer!!"...2 things....

1. What does that say to the squad that just won a trophy and was going into a 4th place battle with Arsenal at the time?

2. Every smaller club would be quoting us ridiculous prices knowing DC has a big budget.

Hopefully DC is pressing the reset button and trying to get the same prices/quotes everyone else is getting. 
"Statistics are like bikinis—they show a lot but not everything." - Lou Piniella

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #548 on: March 3, 2012, 09:35:25 pm »

If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #549 on: March 3, 2012, 09:35:42 pm »
Fixed that for you

Yep. Well corrected.

Offline Lille Camille

• richardless
  • Kopite
« Reply #550 on: March 3, 2012, 09:37:09 pm »

Small adjusments hardly involve spending 80 million quid. Right? And we don't sign players like Cavani or Hazard because they have talent. We prefer the Sinclairs to the Hazards.

Offline JamesLS7

• Kopite
  • Rafa Is My Hero.
« Reply #551 on: March 3, 2012, 09:50:02 pm »
Small adjusments hardly involve spending 80 million quid. Right? And we don't sign players like Cavani or Hazard because they have talent. We prefer the Sinclairs to the Hazards.

He said small adjustments, not small budget

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #552 on: March 3, 2012, 09:52:55 pm »

Bloody hell man. He referenced the number of players that came into the club last summer.

Small adjustments may mean just squad players but I dont see how you can deduce that it meant small budget. Let's wait till the summer and then moan.

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #553 on: March 3, 2012, 09:58:56 pm »
i think he might mean himself
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #554 on: March 3, 2012, 10:01:17 pm »
Right.  He should come out and say we're going to drain the bank account, so once that happens, RAWK can whine about how we spent a shitload on mediocre players, which is what happens when you announce you're going to spend big, without the CL to offer top players you'd like to sign...

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #555 on: March 3, 2012, 10:03:48 pm »
Is anybody really optimistic about summer transfers hitting the sweet spot?

Offline Enders

• Game. Has a thing for Edward Colanderhands
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
« Reply #556 on: March 3, 2012, 10:08:20 pm »
Can I suggest people wait until August or so before wetting their kecks over absolutely fuck all?

“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Offline JamesLS7

• Kopite
  • Rafa Is My Hero.
« Reply #557 on: March 3, 2012, 10:08:21 pm »
Is anybody really optimistic about summer transfers hitting the sweet spot?

I am. Kenny is a smart man, He won't make the same mistake again

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #558 on: March 3, 2012, 10:08:48 pm »
You mean mistakes and it's not only him.

Offline KopCats

• Kemlynite
  • ***** UUUUAHHH
« Reply #559 on: March 3, 2012, 10:58:28 pm »
Far too early for transfer predictions.