Author Topic: Comolli: Only 1or 2 adjustments in the summer  (Read 131652 times)

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
Re: Comolli: Only 1or 2 adjustments in the summer
« Reply #360 on: March 3, 2012, 03:12:11 pm »
world class CF and creative AM

also two more world class wingers...

all younger than 27 if possible...

thanks.

Offline Zelnaga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: March 3, 2012, 03:16:09 pm »
We have a sporting director who wasting money and saying we can still attract big players?

We have a manager whos purchasing players who isnt going to get us in the top 4, who doesnt want big players but the right ones .....

I can see us repeating the same mistakes in the summer.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #362 on: March 3, 2012, 03:25:53 pm »
We have a sporting director who wasting money and saying we can still attract big players?

We have a manager whos purchasing players who isnt going to get us in the top 4, who doesnt want big players but the right ones .....

I can see us repeating the same mistakes in the summer.

Ok oh great football oracle give us the answers please? We go no all negative about everything tell us how it should be done.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline FowlerLeftFoot

• Kopite
  • There's Only One God
Comolli: Only 1or 2 adjustments in the summer
« Reply #363 on: March 3, 2012, 03:28:19 pm »
Any more overated English player still up for sale?
---------------------------
SPREAD THE LINK  http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/19149

Overseas Reds - use Anfields address  L4 0TH

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: March 3, 2012, 03:28:50 pm »
All I want are players with the right mentality.  Not "1 good game in 3" players that are inconsistent.  To succeed at the highest levels, you've got to perform week in week out.  It has nothing to do with "Prem-Proven" and everything to do with buying into a consistent winning mentality.  The focus is on you every week and not just when playing the other top clubs.  Too many players in the side who aren't used to this sort of expectation.
King Kenny.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #365 on: March 3, 2012, 03:30:33 pm »
Better cover for Lucas
Clinical finisher
Outstanding creative player that will score and assist.
New understudy for Skrtel/Agger, with Carra moving to 5th choice.

Offline Notayesman

• Really, really hates Quaresma with a passion that outshines the brightest star in the galaxy.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #366 on: March 3, 2012, 03:30:35 pm »
world class CF and creative AM

also two more world class wingers...

all younger than 27 if possible...

thanks.

A fucking centre midfielder would be a start, in fact it has to be THE start. Lucas needs a partner and no-one at the club is presently up to the task, Henderson in a few years maybe so possibly a short term solution like Keita may do but it has to be the priority.

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: March 3, 2012, 03:30:57 pm »
We need a top player to play alongside Lucas, a creative attacker and someone who can finish.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline Notayesman

• Really, really hates Quaresma with a passion that outshines the brightest star in the galaxy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: March 3, 2012, 03:31:27 pm »
We need a top player to play alongside Lucas, a creative attacker and someone who can finish.

This.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: March 3, 2012, 03:32:07 pm »
We need intelligent players anyway. Someone to lead our attack is a must, need to start using Luis more as a creator.

Offline SkinHimHesShite

• 80 kgs benchpressed, but are we impressed?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: March 3, 2012, 03:34:29 pm »
we need a striker that can make a chance with movement and stick it in the net.

van persie's first goal was made by himself, not by the cross. we need one of these players.

if we don't, comolli is fucking shit

Offline G-mania

• Kemlynite
  • Loves Fred
« Reply #371 on: March 3, 2012, 03:36:28 pm »
Wouldn't trust Commoli with any more money after last summer.

Offline RedGuy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: March 3, 2012, 03:37:01 pm »
Wouldn't trust Commoli with any more money after last summer.
Kenny chooses the players.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: March 3, 2012, 03:38:52 pm »
well there is only one chance we won´t need a top wing, a Kuyt replacement for long term..

that is in case Sterling will be promoted and continue his form...

otherwise we need such player who can play where Kuyt...Lavezzi is the type and quality i think of...but there is no chance for him..

Cavani or Giroud are the types of finishers we should aim for..

agree on CM, but i think with Gerrard and Lucas fit, our midfield is not the worry...especially i like Spearing to cover for Lucas... i would welcome someone to start instead of Adam as proper CM for top club..with all respect for Adam... Hendo will play on the other side of midfield covering for Gerrard...

we need to do something in summer, otherwise the distance will be to long...nevermind the cup we won... it was very much luck on penalty´s...not something we did win with ease...

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: March 3, 2012, 03:41:02 pm »
Splash out on a QUALITY striker. Couldn't give a fuck if it's kneejerk, it's the only way we'll get CL next season.
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline jamieredders

• Legacy Fan
  • Upper Centenary Boys - We Are Here
    • Live Online Footy at a bargain price
« Reply #375 on: March 3, 2012, 03:48:08 pm »
We need intelligent players anyway. Someone to lead our attack is a must, need to start using Luis more as a creator.

Too greedy
Season Ticket Holder in 2011.  A 16 year wait for a top seat in CE6.

Offline JamesLS7

• Kopite
  • Rafa Is My Hero.
« Reply #376 on: March 3, 2012, 03:51:29 pm »
Splash out on a QUALITY striker. Couldn't give a fuck if it's kneejerk, it's the only way we'll get CL next season.

Sign a Soldado, or a Huntelaar. Thats type of striker I would love, an absolute poacher.

Obviously I would prefer a Cavani or Higuian but we cant get those players so one tier down, the likes of Huntelaar and Soldado would be good.
When discussing Dirk Kuyt's work rate :

I don't think he works as hard as some people claim. No harder, for example, than Stewart Downing.

18 League Titles and 5 European Cups. Get counting.

Offline SportBilly

• Of course America had been discovered by scousers before Columbus, but we always kept it hushed up.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I intend to live forever. Or die trying.
« Reply #377 on: March 3, 2012, 03:55:11 pm »
Sign a Soldado, or a Huntelaar. Thats type of striker I would love, an absolute poacher.

Obviously I would prefer a Cavani or Higuian but we cant get those players so one tier down, the likes of Huntelaar and Soldado would be good.

I'd be happy with Fowler right now  ;D
When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.   (John Ruskin - English critic, essayist, & reformer (1819 - 1900) )

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #378 on: March 3, 2012, 04:05:11 pm »
Goal scorer and a fast, tricky goal getting winger
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline Baz Smythe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: March 3, 2012, 04:05:36 pm »
Help Wanted:

Need a complete forward, with speed to play off the shoulder of defenders, find space, head the ball, and have vision to spot what midfielders and wingers are planning to do with the ball.

Has to be able to work with a small skilful Uruguayan who repeatedly hits the woodwork so must be able to spot when this happening and be ready for the rebound and also has to work with a 6ft 3" Geordie who likes the ball early either on the floor or on his head. Must be able to give compliments to the Geordie as he never has any confidence.

Free kick and corner taking abilities are ideal but not essential, penalty taking abilities are a must.

Does this person exist?
Follow me on twitter.

https://twitter.com/1chrissmith1

Offline SportBilly

• Of course America had been discovered by scousers before Columbus, but we always kept it hushed up.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I intend to live forever. Or die trying.
« Reply #380 on: March 3, 2012, 04:09:32 pm »
Help Wanted:

Need a complete forward, with speed to play off the shoulder of defenders, find space, head the ball, and have vision to spot what midfielders and wingers are planning to do with the ball.

Has to be able to work with a small skilful Uruguayan who repeatedly hits the woodwork so must be able to spot when this happening and be ready for the rebound and also has to work with a 6ft 3" Geordie who likes the ball early either on the floor or on his head. Must be able to give compliments to the Geordie as he never has any confidence.

Free kick and corner taking abilities are ideal but not essential, penalty taking abilities are a must.

Does this person exist?

When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.   (John Ruskin - English critic, essayist, & reformer (1819 - 1900) )

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #381 on: March 3, 2012, 04:09:42 pm »
Got to admit after the way last summer went im nervous how the funds are going to be spent this summer.
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline therockbox

• Legacy Fan
  • Funklord
« Reply #382 on: March 3, 2012, 04:10:16 pm »

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: March 3, 2012, 04:11:10 pm »
I'd love to see a real technician brought in during the summer. Perhaps the problem with our chances is that, sometimes, they are too difficult to convert - a more incisive passer of the ball, to work in tandem with Suarez, would see more clear-cut chances being created. A Mata or Silva-style playmaker that can operate in any of the three positions behind the striker and dictate possession and tempo, that can pass accurately and precisely, and understands the intricacies of movement around and in the box required to make the team's attacks tick over properly. A pacier, younger version of Maxi.

The glaringly obvious problem is striker conversion. Huntelaar or Cavani are perfect candidates, as strikers that understand how to exploit space and have the sublime technique and will to pull off the right kind of finishes.

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: March 3, 2012, 04:13:35 pm »
A good CF and AM.

I'd keep Kuyt. And Bellamy can play more games too so I don't see the urgent need for wingers. Let's face it we don't have a good record in signing those. Maybe Sterling can get some time next season.

I wouldn't bother with CB unless we have a big budget. Coates should be given the chance. And Kelly can play there too.

Offline liverpooll

• I am right, you are wrong, despite all the evidence to the contrary. Just does not get it. Also does not get that he does not get it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: March 3, 2012, 04:18:56 pm »
Is he a director of football or just a glorified scout?

Anyways he has not been doing well at all.

If it was a salesperson role, he would have been sacked as he has not reached his objective.

Offline Z e u s

• Greek God of Whinging. But for the good of the forum! Son of Moanus and Rhea.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: March 3, 2012, 04:23:13 pm »
I think we need a new attack.

Keep Bellamy and Suarez, but Downing and Carroll should both certainly go.  I can see both Kuyt and Maxi going as well.

We should buy Cavani, Hazard, promote Sterling to first team squad and buy another young wide player maybe the guy at Crystal Palace?

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #387 on: March 3, 2012, 04:24:12 pm »
Goal scorer and a fast, tricky goal getting winger

We've need the latter for 15 years.

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: March 3, 2012, 04:25:01 pm »
If we get a center forward, can't Suarez play on the wing?

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #389 on: March 3, 2012, 04:27:08 pm »
One top class right winger.One player who can play off Suarez.

Offline Chico

• Kemlynite
« Reply #390 on: March 3, 2012, 04:27:20 pm »
Heard Steven Gerrard on Sky Sports this morning saying in an interview that he felt this current team is better than the ones we had previously that were finishing in the top 4. If that is also the belief of the current management then its no wonder we are talking about only fine tuning things as they clearly think we are close to being major contenders.

I would like to have some of what Gerrard is smoking if he thinks this team is as good as any of our 2007-2009 sides.

He is expressing the opinion of the Blundesalls-Southport set.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #391 on: March 3, 2012, 04:28:53 pm »
Ok i'll go for,

Cavani, De Rossi & Erikson.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Aaronb121

• Kopite
« Reply #392 on: March 3, 2012, 04:30:24 pm »
We need another defender, defensive midfielder, play-maker, two wingers and a goal scorer.

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: March 3, 2012, 04:31:57 pm »
Throw £50 million at Grant Holt and see what happens.

Offline Dmode101

• Kopite
  • Being a reds fan is like match day, everyday.
« Reply #394 on: March 3, 2012, 04:32:04 pm »
kenny may have wanted downing as a squad player. thats a possiblity.

but its a definite fuck up on Comolli to actually buy him at 20m. downing was never worth that much based on his technical ability. he is the same as before we bought him. a player in his prime doing what he has always does. nothing to say he should be in the 20m slot.

we need a winger that can dribble beat a man and has a mean shot too. if we can't get this winger at 20m then its more of an owners budget issue. bcos downing was never a winger that can beat a man and score or hit on target regularly for all those years in the EPL.

we need to get straight and buy a lavazzi or hazard standard.
If you judge people for what they are not who they are, you will make genuine friends rather than friends of circumstance.

Offline Z e u s

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: March 3, 2012, 04:33:00 pm »
Sign a Soldado

Yeah him or Cavani.

Soldado missed a penalty mid week for Spain, he'd fit in perfectly here! :D

Offline jamieredders

• Legacy Fan
  • Upper Centenary Boys - We Are Here
    • Live Online Footy at a bargain price
« Reply #396 on: March 3, 2012, 04:33:35 pm »
Shoot me down in flames.  I really don't care.

Next Season:

GK Reina
DR Johnson
DL Enrique
DC Skrtel
DC Agger
DM Lucas
CM Gerrard

Those seven players as a unit give Liverpool a firm base.  Not much is going to get past that lot.  So that leaves four more places on the park:

Four places depending on the formation:

Additional CM
Two Wingers
Two Strikers

Currently we have:

Wingers:  Downing, Kuyt, Bellamy, Maxi
Additional CM: Spearing, Henderson, Adam, Shelvey
Strikers: Carroll, Suarez

As I said, shoot me down in flames, but not one of those have done what is required this season.  Yes even Luis.

Downing:  20M quid.  Performed brilliantly for Villa last year.  Assists coming out of his ears.  Here he has been played on the RHS of midfield far too often for my liking.  His confidence isn't right.  At Wembley, he was what we wanted to see.  An inferior right back and lots of space, meant he was in his element.  MOTM  Almost every other game he has played for us has hardly ever beaten his man.  Verdict Not Good Enough - Squad Player Perhaps

Kuyt:  Bags of effort.  Has never been a clinical scorer, in fact the opposite.  Effort is probably as much as Dirk can muster for us.  Verdict Not Good Enough - Squad Player Perhaps

Bellamy:  Free Signing.  Probably player of the season.  If his old legs were young, this is the kind of player we need.  Pace, Creative and an eye for goal.  Verdict Squad Player due to dodgy legs.

Maxi:  Tremendous fan of his.  However this year has been missing most of the time and when he has played pretty non-effective except at Chelses in the cup.  Verdict Squad Player but obviously not rated by Dalglish.

Spearing:  Cover for Lucas.  Verdict Squad Player

Henderson:  16M quid.  Constantly played on the right where it is blindingly obvious he's shite.  In my view, probably signed as a long-term replacement for Gerrard.  Verdict Squad Player

Adam:  8M quid.  Words fail me with Charlie.  At Blackpool he was King of the Castle.  At Liverpool he is a waste of space.  Has great determination but lacks the quality of a player required of a Top 4 Side.  His set pieces were legendary before he arrived.  They are legenndary here too for the opposite reasons.  Verdit Squad Player if being generous.

Shelvey:  Hardly seen.  Verdict Squad Player

Now to the reaaly controversial part; Strikers

Carroll: 35M quid  Banged them in regular as clockwork for the Geordies.  Came here and looked lost.  Given the benefit of the doubt for a long time.  When spotted at Wembley tying his hair up instead of supporting a Liverpool attack was enough for me.  Just showed that the passion and desire isn't there for him.  Perhaps he only gets that from playing for his home town club?  He wouldn't be the first.  Nothing at all about Andy's performances are worth documenting.  He does everything good about him in such small amounts.  He does everything abad about him in very large amounts.  Verdict Squad Player

Suarez:  24M quid  Banged them in for Ajax.  Banged them in for Uruguay.  Superb player to watch.  Tremendous feet, possibly the best in the Premier League.  So how come he scored for Ajax and Uruguay and can't do it for us?  He gets plenty of the ball, is often led to lead the line, but misses hatfulls of chances.  He is a very grreedy player too.  Understandably so.  He knows he has exceptional talent and wants to score.  Perhaps in the PL he finds it more difficult as the quality is higher, no dodgy FC Groningen defences here, or no dodgy Chilean defences either.  This is the top level.  Can he do it here?  Huge question mark?  Verdict World Class or Liability?

Summary:  We have 7 players of a successful 11 man team.  The other 4 are the places that have cost LFC Champions League Football next season.  Not one of the other players we have at the moment, hand on heart, can be relied upon to play regularly and make us a successful side.  If you say Suarez has to be part of it, then fine.  But he can't be relied upon to score the goals we need.  Neither can he be relied upon to create for someone else as he is too greedy. 

If we fail in the summer to find those 3 or 4 players, we will carry on as we are - Hard to beat but toothless.  I doubt if that is good enough for anyone at this huge club.  Obviously with the money spent, Comolli and Dalglish thought they had found those players.  In my view none of them have delivered at the level reguired.  It's Bellamy's we need - but Bellamy's that have younger legs.

;D

Season Ticket Holder in 2011.  A 16 year wait for a top seat in CE6.

Offline Z e u s

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: March 3, 2012, 04:34:28 pm »
We need another defender, defensive midfielder.

No we don't!  Lucas is to come back and Spearng is very good cover for him, as he showed today.

Our defense is fine.

We need a finisher more than anything, but also some better wide players.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: March 3, 2012, 04:34:58 pm »
Got to admit after the way last summer went im nervous how the funds are going to be spent this summer.

Same, haha. But you have to imagine we won't be so British next time.

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #399 on: March 3, 2012, 04:35:51 pm »
A striker, wide player and creative midfielder.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.