Author Topic: Newcastle - RIP Jamal Khashoggi; Free Salma al-Shehab  (Read 1940162 times)

Offline ThernJ

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Newcastle United - RIP Jamal Khashoggi
« Reply #19160 on: February 10, 2022, 10:41:35 pm »
I honestly think it is because of the stadium! Did this idea of Newcastle as a big club exist before Keegan's 'entertainers?'

Until the 70s we'd won more trophies than Liverpool, Spurs, Man City and obviously Chelsea.
By fans yes, unless were going back to 1991, in which case only yourselves and Man United are big clubs because everyone's had bad gates if were going back that far.
I didn't consider us a big club when I started going in 88/89 but realised that was us in the doldrums by 92 so fair enough, but they probably were until the late 70s.

Sorry, came for the video of the bloke dressed as a dinosaur against Everton and saw us getting pelters here. Fair enough cos we'd get the same mix before the takeover and after and give it too.
For the record I hated the money in general - at Blackburn, Chelsea as good as finished me off football ever being what it was and Man City (but happy it was them if anybody) So would have felt the same way and would rather it be like the 90s.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19161 on: February 10, 2022, 10:45:16 pm »
Until
Spoiler
the 70s we'd won more trophies than Liverpool, Spurs, Man City and obviously Chelsea.
By fans yes, unless were going back to 1991, in which case only yourselves and Man United are big clubs because everyone's had bad gates if were going back that far.
I didn't consider us a big club when I started going in 88/89 but realised that was us in the doldrums by 92 so fair enough, but they probably were until the late 70s.

Sorry, came for the video of the bloke dressed as a dinosaur against Everton and saw us getting pelters here. Fair enough cos we'd get the same mix before the takeover and after and give it too.
For the record I hated the money in general - at Blackburn, Chelsea as good as finished me off football ever being what it was and Man City (but happy it was them if anybody) So would have felt the same way and would rather it be like the 90s.
[close]

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline ThernJ

• Boys Pen
« Reply #19162 on: February 10, 2022, 10:47:45 pm »
I think Asprilla was a bigger signing for them but that may have been because Football Italia was big back then and the players got a lot of coverage.

He still turned out shit for them too.

Not how we see it. He was our best player bar Batty after we signed him that season. Didn't play much the following season but was again probably our best player in the last few months in a Shearer/Ferdinand/Tino triumverate and was easily our best player the following season until he was sold.
The Barcelona hat-trick skewers things and he's more cult hero than legend but he was already beloved before that and still is which wouln't be the case if he was 'shit' in our opinion and we had to watch the crazy radge.

No question about the above picture. Was/is barbaric and it is an uncomfortable truth thats always there.
Ashley should have sold to Sheik Mansour when he had the chance. Wasn;t our call.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 10:51:38 pm by ThernJ »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19163 on: February 10, 2022, 10:59:49 pm »
Welcome to to forum.

I hope you go down.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #19164 on: February 10, 2022, 11:13:46 pm »
Welcome to to forum.

I hope you go down.

In all seriousness though, he's/she's come on RAWK as a current supporter of NUFC and it's despicable owners.
Brave or foolish?
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19165 on: February 10, 2022, 11:25:50 pm »
They aren’t getting relegated are they?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19166 on: February 10, 2022, 11:40:05 pm »

In all seriousness though, he's/she's come on RAWK as a current supporter of NUFC and it's despicable owners.
Brave or foolish?

I think this tells you all you need to know.

Ashley should have sold to Sheik Mansour when he had the chance. Wasn;t our call.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19167 on: February 11, 2022, 12:02:06 am »
Not how we see it. He was our best player bar Batty after we signed him that season. Didn't play much the following season but was again probably our best player in the last few months in a Shearer/Ferdinand/Tino triumverate and was easily our best player the following season until he was sold.
The Barcelona hat-trick skewers things and he's more cult hero than legend but he was already beloved before that and still is which wouln't be the case if he was 'shit' in our opinion and we had to watch the crazy radge.

No question about the above picture. Was/is barbaric and it is an uncomfortable truth thats always there.

Ah yes. Sheikh mansour, a good football man.
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #19168 on: February 11, 2022, 12:38:37 am »
I think this tells you all you need to know.
Yup... He's a 'man of extremely loose morals' Barney  :thumbup

EDIT... Don't want a ban coz of a tw*t... You can think *twit* if you want.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 12:45:03 am by Tesco tearaway »
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19169 on: February 11, 2022, 08:29:28 am »

The price of winning a couple of trophies eh?
There surely has to be a limit to what fans will accept.
Personally I would rather go and watch a local non league club if Liverpool were ever taken over by such a regime.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19170 on: February 11, 2022, 08:42:05 am »
The price of winning a couple of trophies eh?
There surely has to be a limit to what fans will accept.
Personally I would rather go and watch a local non league club if Liverpool were ever taken over by such a regime.

The only trophy they'll win is some sort of invitation cup being playing in the Riyadh Righteous Cup in the off season against the likes of Al Hilal.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19171 on: February 11, 2022, 08:52:36 am »
Until the 70s we'd won more trophies than Liverpool, Spurs, Man City and obviously Chelsea.

By virtue of your FA cup wins in the 50s. As far as league championships are concerned, and the true measure of a club, NUFC have trailed Liverpool since both were admitted to the Football League. Admitted together on the same day in June 1892 as it happens.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #19172 on: February 11, 2022, 12:52:19 pm »
No question about the above picture. Was/is barbaric and it is an uncomfortable truth that's always there.

Ashley should have sold to Sheik Mansour when he had the chance. Wasn't our call.

Fucking hell you really nailed the 'difficult second post' :duh

I'm guessing if Sheik Mansour was considered too grisly you'd have considered Pol Pot?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19173 on: February 11, 2022, 05:35:15 pm »
Mike Ashley played a blinder being such a prick that selling to the Saudis seemed preferable.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #19174 on: February 11, 2022, 05:59:02 pm »
Fucking hell you really nailed the 'difficult second post' :duh

:lmao
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19175 on: February 14, 2022, 11:13:14 am »
Trippier has broken his foot.

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #19176 on: February 14, 2022, 12:08:02 pm »
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19177 on: February 14, 2022, 12:09:54 pm »

At least his is still attached to his body.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19178 on: February 14, 2022, 12:20:13 pm »

:wellin
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19179 on: February 14, 2022, 12:24:24 pm »

hopefully the greedy twat is out for the season and these c*nts get relegated

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19180 on: February 14, 2022, 12:31:22 pm »
His two goals are probably enough to keep them out of the relegation spots for a couple of months, based on the form of the teams below them.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19181 on: February 14, 2022, 02:22:50 pm »
I see these scum are following the Abu Dhabi method of getting removed any comment on the BBC that points out the shitheaded nature of their owners.

I've had two deleted (and counting) in the 'Trippier has broken his foot' article.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #19182 on: February 14, 2022, 02:31:01 pm »
I see these scum are following the Abu Dhabi method of getting removed any comment on the BBC that points out the shitheaded nature of their owners.

I've had two deleted (and counting) in the 'Trippier has broken his foot' article.

Why do the Beeb do this

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19183 on: February 14, 2022, 02:33:04 pm »
;D

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19184 on: February 14, 2022, 03:06:02 pm »
Why do the Beeb do this

The reason given for both was that they were "considered to be off-topic for the discussion" yet was in direct reply to someone saying they hoped Newcastle [sic] still managed to stay up. I was arguing that because they're just a sportwashing vehicle for an evil, murderous, terrorist-funding, human rights-oppressive oil dictatorship so disagreed.

Loads more from other people who made a similar point have also been removed.

Loads of comments supporting Saudi Arabia FC are still there.

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19185 on: February 14, 2022, 03:31:11 pm »
Obviously wouldn’t want to wish ill on anyone, so I hope trippier recovers fully.

But man I hope this sends them down. Set them back a few years.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19186 on: February 14, 2022, 06:45:10 pm »

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #19187 on: February 14, 2022, 09:20:07 pm »
If they don't get relegated then based on the FFP calcs they can spend another £300m without any further sponsorships and that's without the increased TV money as well. I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet just because they've hit some form. Never one to cheer for an injury but hopefully Trippier's one is just the tip of the iceberg as far as bad karma goes. Beach balls, dodgy pens, players blocking the Hawkeye cameras allowing phantom goals, fuck it I'd even start sticking needles into dolls if it came to it. Anything to make sure they go down as nobody here should have any faith the PL or FA will actually have the balls to do the right thing especially as long as the Tories remain in power soliciting the Saudi's for ever more money.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #19188 on: February 15, 2022, 04:51:26 am »
can't make this shit up, geordie citing the trippier injury as 'typical newcastle utd luck'

huh?

cos they dont give a flying fuck about who owns them they go from almost certain relegation fodder back into obscurity for a time, to 'richest club in the world' that buys it's way out of relegation

yeah, im sure the football world are aghast at your terrible luck

very pithy and sadly sobering
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 04:54:48 am by Armand9 »
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19189 on: February 15, 2022, 05:51:38 am »
They moved clear of relegation zone far too easily for my liking.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19190 on: February 15, 2022, 11:01:02 am »

:thumbup
Sobering really. That's the regime who owns them and they are celebrated for it.
That shite whining geordie on the Brits the other night even had one of the band in full slavery FC kit.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #19191 on: February 15, 2022, 11:05:47 am »
Sobering really. That's the regime who owns them and they are celebrated for it.
That shite whining geordie on the Brits the other night even had one of the band in full slavery FC kit.

The British Springsteen? Surely not.

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19192 on: February 15, 2022, 11:08:03 am »

Who’s that

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19193 on: February 15, 2022, 11:11:56 am »

Offline vinothmct

• Kopite
« Reply #19194 on: February 15, 2022, 11:18:07 am »
I dont have a problem with Newcastle fans celebrating their owners.

Mike Ashley or Saudis. Its no brainer. It would be interesting what would have happened had Saudis tried to buy us when H&G was here.

Nevertheless Newcastle competing for PL title will only be good for the league. 7 top Teams would be good provided we keep producing the stuff.

Newcastle will slowly move up the Table just like Man city did.

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19195 on: February 15, 2022, 11:32:50 am »

Mike Ashley or Saudis. Its no brainer. It would be interesting what would have happened had Saudis tried to buy us when H&G was here.

Nevertheless Newcastle competing for PL title will only be good for the league. 7 top Teams would be good provided we keep producing the stuff.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #19196 on: February 15, 2022, 11:33:01 am »

Good grief (and to the whole post).

Don’t you think the focus should be on why the PL allows such owners, and taking issue with that? The idea it’s good because it makes it more competitive is all sorts of wrong.

It’s like Everton fans being happy at Man City having such owners as it means it stops Liverpool winning. ALL it does is normalise sportswashing - as you have proved so simply here.

I can’t get my head round fans being fine with any of it.

I mean, we as Liverpool are lucky thanks to having a genius manager and his coaches, a great staff and scouts meaning we can compete.  But Newcastle and Man City? This does NOTHING good for football.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19197 on: February 15, 2022, 11:33:39 am »
The issue is having rules that are obeyed.  Look,  if the rules are you bought the club,  do what you want,  spend all you want,  fine.  In fact,  I think that makes the most sense.

Yet,  the rules now are you spend within the club's means.  That's what we signed up to.  If City,  Newcastle cheat that to pump in more funding,  we will rightly have an issue with it (this season,  for example,  we would be on course for a league title) .  Either cut out the rules,  you're the owner,  spend what you want or enforce them. There's work to do there.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #19198 on: February 15, 2022, 11:36:56 am »

:D :D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19199 on: February 15, 2022, 11:50:59 am »

:wellin
Jurgen YNWA