Author Topic: rafabenitez.com  (Read 64023 times)

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
Re: rafabenitez.com
« Reply #360 on: September 23, 2011, 09:32:31 pm »
Disappointing to see this thread has been moved to General Football.

there's a thread on ronnie whelan's autobiography in the LFC forum but every thread about Rafa gets moved to General. beggars belief....

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #361 on: September 23, 2011, 10:18:39 pm »
It's true he's not part of the formal organisation of the football club today.

Neither am I. Neither are you. I guess we have nothing to do with LFC either.

He's our former manager, won us number 5, lives locally and still cares passionately about the club. Just as news about Kenny was always considered part of what's going on in the club, the same is true of Rafa. LFC through and through.
Well said
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: September 24, 2011, 02:05:21 am »
there's a thread on ronnie whelan's autobiography in the LFC forum but every thread about Rafa gets moved to General. beggars belief....

That's because there are a bunch of people who are sensitive to any praise of Benitez's disastrous time at Liverpool, which is understandable as his abysmal record has left Man Utd just 1 short of our total of 4 European Cups.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline petrichor

• Kopite
« Reply #363 on: September 24, 2011, 09:50:23 am »
He was good before he joined from Wrexham, he was only here because Pepe needs very little training on his actual game, he lived locally, spoke spanish and had a good personality

no point in pretending he was some sort of super coach, because he was the exact opposite.

no super coach himself, but basically Valero learnt a lot from Jose Ochotorena, the real super coach..

Offline The Red artist.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • With hope in your heart.
« Reply #364 on: September 24, 2011, 11:44:24 am »

That's an absolutely boss picture mate. Yiou should maybe look into selling re-productions of it online? Would do well for you I think.

Cheers mate, thanks for your comments.
Y.N.W.A....J.F.T.96.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: September 24, 2011, 12:42:45 pm »
Cheers mate, thanks for your comments.
I know you had questions over Rafa at the end of his tenure mate but that is fucking quality!

Offline Prelude no.5

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • op.23. Thanks for everything Rafa
« Reply #366 on: September 24, 2011, 12:50:51 pm »
To be fair though, it was moved from here to the main forum in the first place but the usual suspects reared their heads with their usual ramblings.
"We gave the fans the pride. Again. We fight for the fans, we fight for the club and we fight for our players. Maybe he cannot understand this." ~ Rafa Benitez

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: September 24, 2011, 04:01:11 pm »
To be fair though, it was moved from here to the main forum in the first place but the usual suspects reared their heads with their usual ramblings.
No it wasn't, I posted it on the main forum.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline The Red artist.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: September 27, 2011, 12:15:58 am »
I know you had questions over Rafa at the end of his tenure mate but that is fucking quality!

Yeh i did, but i still love the fella!

Thanks for your kind words mate.
Y.N.W.A....J.F.T.96.

Offline The Red artist.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: September 27, 2011, 12:26:19 am »
A picture that deserves to be signed, good luck with that. Out of interest who else have you got?

Signed portraits, Robbie, who came to my gaff to sign it for me!! The king- 2 sketches, Didi, Stevie, Cally, Carra, Houllier, Phil Neal, Ronnie whelan, Sinima pogolle, Dudek, Smicer who when he signed it asked me to do one for him as well, when i finished it i met him at Melwood and he swapped me for a signed shirt of his, happy days!.

Unsigned, Shanks, Paisley, Fagan, and Rafa of course.

Most of them hang on my walls in me gaff.
Y.N.W.A....J.F.T.96.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: September 29, 2011, 09:53:48 pm »
Good Champions League round up on his site http://rafabenitez.com/web/index.php?act=mostrarBlog&id_entrada=25&idioma=in

I do like how ever so subtlely, he inserts his own preferences into an article.

For example when talking about the Arsenal/Olympiakos game - "but where they really caused problems for Arsenal was at corners. They had been defending zonally but changed to man to man, and a simple block in the 14th minute allowed Olympiakos to get a man free for a clear chance. Again in the 26th minute, they exploited poor positioning and Fuster scored with a free header and in the 28th minute Arsenal had more problems marking at the corner. It confirms what we have been saying for a long time, it is not the type of marking you use but the capacity and concentration of the defenders which makes you more successful when defending corners."

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: September 29, 2011, 10:01:54 pm »
Feel bad for Rafa, I really do.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline SpionBob

• I have a signed Kenny Dalglish shirt on my wall-is that a bit gay?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • WITH JURGEN kLOPP WE WON IT 6 TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #372 on: September 29, 2011, 11:51:42 pm »

How f;ing true! Its a bloody disgrace the way some mods are not willing to give due credit to Rafa. He'll be back one day to make them eat humble pie.
Public enemy number one: On the RAWK watch list for offering alternative views, supporting Rafa and abusing ill informed WUMS with dubious agendas. Where's the crime in that? Victim of self-important mod with itchy finger.

Offline petrichor

• Kopite
« Reply #373 on: September 30, 2011, 11:11:44 am »
rafa, please get a job and start coaching

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: September 30, 2011, 11:36:39 am »
Good Champions League round up on his site http://rafabenitez.com/web/index.php?act=mostrarBlog&id_entrada=25&idioma=in

I do like how ever so subtlely, he inserts his own preferences into an article.

For example when talking about the Arsenal/Olympiakos game - "but where they really caused problems for Arsenal was at corners. They had been defending zonally but changed to man to man, and a simple block in the 14th minute allowed Olympiakos to get a man free for a clear chance. Again in the 26th minute, they exploited poor positioning and Fuster scored with a free header and in the 28th minute Arsenal had more problems marking at the corner. It confirms what we have been saying for a long time, it is not the type of marking you use but the capacity and concentration of the defenders which makes you more successful when defending corners."
I think the last line is the important one. Last season so many on here were convinced man-to-man was somehow inferior to zonal marking (even if the actual number of goals conceded on set-pieces were very similar to the season before, if I remember correctly), and I could never understand why. The ignorant critic of zonal in the media were just that, ignorant, but to claim with certainty that zonal is better, is just as stupid.

Both system are down to how good your players are in the air, and how sharp they are, just like Rafa says. Which makes sense of course.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: September 30, 2011, 03:51:31 pm »
I think the last line is the important one. Last season so many on here were convinced man-to-man was somehow inferior to zonal marking (even if the actual number of goals conceded on set-pieces were very similar to the season before, if I remember correctly), and I could never understand why. The ignorant critic of zonal in the media were just that, ignorant, but to claim with certainty that zonal is better, is just as stupid.

Both system are down to how good your players are in the air, and how sharp they are, just like Rafa says. Which makes sense of course.
One of Rafa's replies is actually very interesting:

RedMan

That hybrid of zonal and man marking seems interesting. But I think it demands for excellent communication and chemistry, or else there will be major confusions in the box..

Rafa 's Response:

We were using this way to defend and you are right. You need to coordinate really well the movements. The players man-marking need to know when they have to stop following their men, that is the key

I haven't really studied the set piece system that Rafa used with us so haven't noticed this. Seems we were actually using a hybrid

Offline GarBo

• Main Stander
« Reply #376 on: September 30, 2011, 04:12:28 pm »
Feel bad for Rafa, I really do.

In what way?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #377 on: September 30, 2011, 05:27:28 pm »
Signed portraits, Robbie, who came to my gaff to sign it for me!! The king- 2 sketches, Didi, Stevie, Cally, Carra, Houllier, Phil Neal, Ronnie whelan, Sinima pogolle, Dudek, Smicer who when he signed it asked me to do one for him as well, when i finished it i met him at Melwood and he swapped me for a signed shirt of his, happy days!.

Unsigned, Shanks, Paisley, Fagan, and Rafa of course.

Most of them hang on my walls in me gaff.

That is an impressive collection.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline The Red artist.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: September 30, 2011, 05:48:04 pm »
Cheers jillc, very proud of it i am too. The Robbie one is very special, for obvious reasons, makes me smile everytime i look at it, which is several times a day at least!  Forgot to add Billy Liddel to the unsigned ones too. :)
Y.N.W.A....J.F.T.96.

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #379 on: October 3, 2011, 10:43:48 pm »
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline RedMichelFerri

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone - Liverpool till I die
« Reply #380 on: October 4, 2011, 08:27:06 am »
Interesting article today about injuries http://www.rafabenitez.com/web/index.php?act=mostrarBlog&id_entrada=26&idioma=in

That was very interesting indeed. Really like his insight into the football things. All his blogs are very though provoking and gives us lot to learn.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.”

- Rafa Benitez : RIP Ray.

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #381 on: October 4, 2011, 09:56:55 am »
Always find these more technical articles interesting, this one has a few jabs aimed at Inter too..

(Hey Rafa if you're reading this then cite your references properly you cheeky scamp ;) )

Offline lfc_maniac_tsr

• Main Stander
  • Waiting for Shankly to take a rebirth!
« Reply #382 on: October 4, 2011, 09:54:45 pm »
Was going through some comments in the 'Too many injuries blog.

deezak
gidday rafa
what do you think is happening with the extremely long injury list at arsenal? they seem to have had a big problem with injuries for a few years now.

Response:

Sorry, I can't answer this question, you need to have more information.

;D   :butt

Here is a list of managers who have won less than 3 European Cups:
Alex Ferguson, Mourinho,Wenger, Guardiola, Carlo Ancelotti.Marcelo Lippi,Jupp Heynckes,Hiddink,Cruyff, Van Gaal, Arrigo Saachi,Frank Rijkaard,Del Bosque, Rinus Michels,Happel, Helenio Herrera,etc
Here is a list of managers who have won the European Cup 3 times:
BOB Paisley

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #383 on: October 4, 2011, 10:02:52 pm »
From his injuries blog:

"The worst thing that can happen, and I can say this from experience, is that some people want to rock the boat and blame others so they don’t take the responsibility."

I can hazard a guess as to who he's talking about there.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline rusty-la

• Ch ch ch ch ch ch changes. Warning! Time-waster! Ironically, can't fucking count to save his life. And thinks BBC is Channel 4.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #384 on: October 4, 2011, 10:07:59 pm »
From his injuries blog:

"The worst thing that can happen, and I can say this from experience, is that some people want to rock the boat and blame others so they don’t take the responsibility."

I can hazard a guess as to who he's talking about there.

Go 'ead Matt?

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #385 on: October 4, 2011, 10:16:03 pm »
Go 'ead Matt?

A certain defective Spanish striker. I'll have a look for it, but I read somewhere a little while ago about him blaming the club and medical staff, and subsequently Rafa, about mismanaging his injuries meaning he wasn't able to play against Atletico Madrid in the Europe League and missing out on being in top form for the World Cup.
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: October 4, 2011, 10:34:18 pm »
A certain defective Spanish striker. I'll have a look for it, but I read somewhere a little while ago about him blaming the club and medical staff, and subsequently Rafa, about mismanaging his injuries meaning he wasn't able to play against Atletico Madrid in the Europe League and missing out on being in top form for the World Cup.
Don't think Rafa was talking about him to be honest. I read that Rafa thought it was the medical staff's fault (hence why he got rid of them just before he left) not Torres's.

Offline Matt8Pie

• Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #387 on: October 4, 2011, 10:37:27 pm »
Don't think Rafa was talking about him to be honest. I read that Rafa thought it was the medical staff's fault (hence why he got rid of them just before he left) not Torres's.

True. I had the Torres incident fresh in my mind when I read that sentence which is where I made the link. On second reading, I can see your point.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: October 31, 2011, 03:09:11 pm »

Offline Purdy

• Legacy Fan
  • Gobble gobble turkey
« Reply #389 on: November 3, 2011, 09:41:11 pm »
Has anyone here ever hugged or shook Rafas hand?

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #390 on: November 3, 2011, 09:42:08 pm »
I've never hugged his hand.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Purdy

• Legacy Fan
  • Gobble gobble turkey
« Reply #391 on: November 3, 2011, 10:19:56 pm »
I've never hugged his hand.

Fucking knew that was coming.  :(

Offline RedMichelFerri

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: November 7, 2011, 11:14:55 am »
Looks like Sebastian Leto is doing very well in Greek. He has 22 goals in 55 appearances for Panathinaikos (7 in 5 matches this season).

Here is Rafa interview about Leto.

http://www.rafabenitez.com/web/index.php?act=mostrarContenidos&idioma=in&co=1185
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.”

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: November 7, 2011, 11:18:39 am »
liked leto what i saw of him,  thats a hell of a strike rate, greek league or not..
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline RedMichelFerri

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: November 7, 2011, 11:28:50 am »
liked leto what i saw of him,  thats a hell of a strike rate, greek league or not..

Yeah hopefully he does well and get sold for good price. We are supposed to get 45% of the fee if he gets sold.

Also to correct me previous post, he has 10 goals and 1 assist in 7 games this season.
« Last Edit: November 7, 2011, 11:36:00 am by RedSuarez »

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: November 11, 2011, 11:52:24 pm »
Found this quite amusing in the comments section of his new piece on Spain v England:

11/11/11 a las 17:42:30#11

MookieB

I fear for England tomorrow night. I really hope that Downing doesnt play because the whole team could get a beating that will take some time to recover from.

Response:

Hello Mookie B, maybe I'm wrong, but I think that people can express what they think about football, players and even managers with respect in this site. But it is not a site to discuss the weaknesses of any player or manager, there are other forums for that, it pretends to be a place to enjoy football, tactics or opinions. The way to express them is the key. Thank you.
[/b]

Offline Saint Kopite

• but Greavesie's in the Main Stand
  • Legacy Fan
  • “By what right does the wolf judge the lion?”
« Reply #396 on: November 13, 2011, 01:44:35 am »
Rafa would be a perfect mod for RAWK.
A Liverbird upon my chest, we are the men of Shankly's best. A team that plays the Liverpool way, and wins the championship in May.

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #397 on: November 13, 2011, 04:04:23 am »
Rafa would be a perfect mod for RAWK.
I wonder if Rafa would participate in the RAWK Factor
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline Lucas21

• A Better Future
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Half of Everything is Luck
« Reply #398 on: November 13, 2011, 12:28:49 pm »

Didn't the medical team step down? Put under impossible ethical situations by a certain Managing Director?

Offline Antics

• Roadshow
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is what you'll get when you mess with us.
« Reply #399 on: November 13, 2011, 12:51:42 pm »
Was on Soccer AM yesterday apparently, don't watch the show myself but heard he was on good form. Also said he'd take the England job which would be equal measures of brilliant and terrible.