Author Topic: rafabenitez.com  (Read 64140 times)

Offline deester

• Main Stander
Re: rafabenitez.com
« Reply #200 on: September 7, 2011, 07:06:39 pm »
Checked out the site today.  Really impressed with it!! Good work Rafa!!

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: September 7, 2011, 07:29:15 pm »
I think he's so much in demand that he can cherry pick who he works with and when. Nice dig though, twat.

Look at his avatar and his signature, I don't think it is an intentional slight on Rafa.

I think he was making a point perhaps a little crudely that Rafa has had to go on a bit of a PR mission to the likes of Football Focus to improve his public image because he has become ridiculously a comical figure to the majority of football fans in this country.
I don't think TV is somehting I think he would want to have done considering his somewhat uneasy relationship with the press (because the press are by and large brain dead fucking morons), but it is frankly necessary if he is going to work in this country again.
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline ziggyy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wums should remain underground...
« Reply #202 on: September 7, 2011, 08:06:05 pm »
God how I miss Rafa. Deserved a chance under proper owners like FSG.

Hope they consider him when Kenny retires in some years from now.

Kenny to steady the ship? Rafa to carry on from there??

Even Robbie came back, Bellamy too...

You never know:

Offline Not funny reecehenebry

• Pitbull #2. Fanning the flames of debate since 03/06/10.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: September 7, 2011, 08:09:14 pm »

You never know:
Anyone remember who brought Kenny back to the club?

Why are you looking past this season?

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: September 7, 2011, 08:11:28 pm »

You never know:

Kenny will get the ship sailing to wonderful places and when he has had enough I can think of no better man to replace him as captain than Rafa. I don't think it will ever happen, but I can dream.
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline zimmie'5555

• passenger on an intergalactic spaceship... sometimes wishes he was a woman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: September 7, 2011, 08:14:31 pm »
It's very good. I didn't expect the content to be that in depth. Nice to see Pelle writing for the site too.

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Moaning bed wetter, cry wanks for Torres
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: September 7, 2011, 08:14:53 pm »
"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: September 7, 2011, 08:20:45 pm »
It's very good. I didn't expect the content to be that in depth. Nice to see Pelle writing for the site too.

Yeah, enjoyed his piece on the Copa America.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline KingsRevolution

• Kopite
« Reply #208 on: September 7, 2011, 08:30:17 pm »
"Kenny is showing the squad I left was [contrary to Roy Hodgson's claims] not so bad..”

;D

Love you Rafa

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #209 on: September 7, 2011, 08:35:31 pm »
There's a lot more depth to the website than I thought there would be. The article on Stamina training by Paco is pretty complex.

http://www.rafabenitez.com/web/index.php?act=mostrarBlog&id_entrada=19&idioma=in

Wish there was a date on it though because looking at the bibliography most of the sources are 2006 or earlier, which leads me to believe it's pretty old. A shame as lots could have happened in the last 6 years. I'd love to see some papers written by the current sports scientists or Dr Brukner (specifically on football).

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • La la la la la
« Reply #210 on: September 7, 2011, 08:51:43 pm »
Really excellent site, I'm sure it will only get better with time too. Although he is no doubt wanting to get his teeth into a new club it is fairly clear that he is enjoying being free of the shackles of the FA, UEFA and FIFA, and it is giving him the chance to really open up and give his opinion on the game.

I am especially enjoying his appearances on TV as the ultimate pundit killer, someone who actually knows about the fucking game unlike most of the idiots they have on shows like MOTD, etc etc. His tactical knowledge is just staggering, it's madness that he hasn't been hired by now.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #211 on: September 7, 2011, 09:05:30 pm »
Just noticed one of my posts from off here is in the comments section (in the Liverpool bit of the 'fans' section). Feel very privileged!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Fowllah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What the fuck was I thinking with this pseudo?
« Reply #212 on: September 7, 2011, 10:40:44 pm »
This was the first rafabenitez.com, in everything but name. I don't think I could handle another one.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #213 on: September 7, 2011, 10:46:32 pm »
Finally managed to thank him in writing on there, hope it appears in full. Felt good.

Offline AnfieldIron

• Water Like a Stone. Local laundry service ...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: September 7, 2011, 10:49:39 pm »
Love the photos of him as a player ;D

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #215 on: September 7, 2011, 11:30:08 pm »
Just read the player testimonials. This one from Craig Bellamy stood out:

"I have gone on record recently and I will say it again now that I have learnt more from Rafael Benitez than any other coach I have worked with".

"I am a much better player for the time I've spent working with him and if I do go on to manage at some point in the future he's the model I'll use in my career. I can't make my respect for him any clearer than that".

Speaks volumes about both men really. Well in Craig.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #216 on: September 7, 2011, 11:32:02 pm »
Just read the player testimonials. This one from Craig Bellamy stood out:

"I have gone on record recently and I will say it again now that I have learnt more from Rafael Benitez than any other coach I have worked with".

"I am a much better player for the time I've spent working with him and if I do go on to manage at some point in the future he's the model I'll use in my career. I can't make my respect for him any clearer than that".

Speaks volumes about both men really. Well in Craig.

Great quote isn't it? Definitely read it quite a while back - guess it's just collating a selection of positive quotes in ne handy place.

Were all the Istanbul quotes just pulled from a thread on here? Plenty of familiar names on there! And how come some comments are dated 2nd September - thought it only went live today?

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #217 on: September 7, 2011, 11:34:19 pm »
Great quote isn't it? Definitely read it quite a while back - guess it's just collating a selection of positive quotes in ne handy place.
Yep, though the ones from the two Extremadura players are longer and look like they were sent for the site. Just a hunch.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #218 on: September 7, 2011, 11:49:55 pm »
I wonder what Rafa's face was like when he realised what a tit Purslow was, and how he couldn't really do anything to get rid of him
probably something like oh god no not another idiot.

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: September 8, 2011, 12:04:03 am »

Were all the Istanbul quotes just pulled from a thread on here? Plenty of familiar names on there! And how come some comments are dated 2nd September - thought it only went live today?

Ye, one of my quotes posted on here is on there, delighted Rafa may have gotten to read it and no doubt the support he received on here meant alot to him during the dark times.

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: September 8, 2011, 12:31:36 am »
Awesome!!

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #221 on: September 8, 2011, 12:43:23 am »
I love the shout out to Rawk, that was a pleasant surprise.. He must have a huge amount of respect for the folk on here, he appreciates how we contributed to supporting him & getting the twats out, and also for being such a sound bunch of bastards :)

Bit late now, but tomorrow I'm going to have to get stuck into reading some of those articles. Starting with the Mr Ferguson one :)

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #222 on: September 8, 2011, 03:57:02 am »
Such a shame we hired a c*nt like Hodgson.

Evans, Houllier, Benitez, Dalglish is good for me as a young'un
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline ziggyy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wums should remain underground...
« Reply #223 on: September 8, 2011, 06:57:41 am »
I have just one complain.....

The purple shirt, don't go very well with the greyish/silver jacket....

I particularly like this article:
http://www.rafabenitez.com/web/index.php?act=mostrarContenidos&idioma=in&co=156

Rafa Benitez leaves Liverpool as a legend so could critics please stop rewriting history?

Right to the end the professional pundits failed to understand why so many Liverpudlians stayed loyal to Rafa Benitez.
Foto

Right to the end the professional pundits failed to understand why so many Liverpudlians stayed loyal to Rafa Benitez.

As 500 fans marched on Anfield after his departure, chanting the Spaniard’s name, heads shook at a footballing sub-species bracketed somewhere between romantic die-hards and mawkish morons.

To the “expert” eye, these deluded fools had been conned by Benitez’s cunning and blinded to his failings by the glory of Istanbul and the criminal incompetence of the American owners.

Liverpool fans they said, once among the most knowledgeable in the world, had clearly lost touch with the modern reality, and were now a sad throwback to the days when sideburned men kicked orange balls.

Well, I’d argue one of the saddest aspects of modern football is too many pundits, including ex-players, have not paid to watch a game since those orange ball days. And they’ve lost touch with the fan.

I’m not saying Benitez had to stay. The results and the football last year were shocking, he’s been a major player in Anfield’s destructive civil war, and the number of fans disillusioned with his style and methods was growing.

But to paint his six-year reign as an unmitigated disaster, sustained only by the over-sentimentalising of Istanbul, is analysis at its most skewed and cringeful. By 2004 Liverpool had been relegated to the status of European also-rans. Benitez made the club a genuine world force again.

It wasn’t just that 2005 Champions League win (which is shamelessly downplayed as a fluke despite beating Fabio Capello’s Juventus, Jose Mourinho’s Chelsea and Carlo Ancelotti’s AC Milan). Or reaching the 2007 Champions League final and the 2008 semi-final. It wasn’t even UEFA elevating Liverpool to Europe’s top-seeded club due to results under Benitez.

It was beating Real Madrid and Inter Milan at the Bernabeu and San Siro (which the Reds had never before done) and Barcelona at the Nou Camp. Magical victories at the very top of world football, which restored long-overdue respect to Liverpudlian hearts.

Ah say the experts, but he didn’t win the league. True. But he got closer than any Liverpool boss in the past 20 years. A season ago he was a whisker away, taking the highest number of points by a runner-up in a 38-game season and the club’s best points haul since 1988.

And he did so despite having the 5th highest wage bill in the league, the 5th costliest squad, the 5th biggest stadium capacity and a net annual transfer spend of £15million. Which should have made experts ask why Liverpool were ever considered a nailed-on top four side under Benitez, especially when the boardroom was mired in anarchy.

Ah, they say, but he’d long lost the players and the board. So why have Steven Gerrard, Fernando Torres, Daniel Agger, Dirk Kuyt and Pepe Reina signed new long-term contracts within the past year? Why last August did managing director Christian Purslow do interviews purring over Benitez and how he was integral to the club’s future?

Ah, the experts say, but that was before he let Xabi Alonso go, which everyone could see was a calamity. These would be the same experts who, for the previous couple of seasons, claimed Liverpool were a two-man team. With Alonso (on whom Benitez turned a £20million profit) never being mentioned as one of those two.

Ah, they say, but Torres apart, he only signed sub-standard dross and ended up with a shockingly-weak squad. Really?

Liverpool are sending 12 players (13 if you count Milan Jovanovic whose Bosman signing is going through) to the World Cup. Or an entire team: Reina, Carragher, Agger, Skrtel, Johnson, Babel, Gerrard, Mascherano, Rodriguez, Kuyt, Torres. Subs: Kyrgiakos, Jovanovic.

Eleven Chelsea players flew out to South Africa, the same number as Arsenal, and Manchester United sent eight. Does that look like he’s left Anfield bare of talent?

The truth is Benitez leaves a squad worth many times more than the one he inherited, despite spending less in the past three transfer windows than he’s brought in.

I don’t seek to rewrite history or airbrush Benitez’s failings. I saw last year’s football and it stank. I felt the growing anger among players and fans at his bloody-mindedness and knew something had to give.

Which is why it may be best for all concerned that he walks on. But now he has, let’s do him the honour of getting his legacy right.

Rafa Benitez was many things at Liverpool but unlike every manager since Kenny Dalglish, he was not a failure. Indeed a majority of Liverpudlians will remember him as a legend.

Because like Bill Shankly, on more days and nights than those

Offline redblack7

• Main Stander
« Reply #224 on: September 8, 2011, 07:43:14 am »
You can tell a lot about a man by the company he keeps.  The fact that Ferguson (Benitez rightfully omitting the Sir) classes Mourinho, who is one of the most despicable people  in football as a friend, yet goes out of his way to slate a man who does a great deal for charity and is a great human being, speaks volumes.

Ferguson is a classless, hard-shoulder shitting prick and should be treated with the contempt he deserves.

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
« Reply #225 on: September 8, 2011, 09:16:08 am »
Look at his avatar and his signature, I don't think it is an intentional slight on Rafa.

I think he was making a point perhaps a little crudely that Rafa has had to go on a bit of a PR mission to the likes of Football Focus to improve his public image because he has become ridiculously a comical figure to the majority of football fans in this country.
I don't think TV is somehting I think he would want to have done considering his somewhat uneasy relationship with the press (because the press are by and large brain dead fucking morons), but it is frankly necessary if he is going to work in this country again.

Fair enough, maybe I jumped at it too soon. I don't think he's pimped himself out though, he doesn't seem to go for the Robbie Savage everything and anything approach. With football focus he only seems to speak to Dan Walker, noone else, and the in depth interviews are always privately arranged outside of the normal programme schedule. Plus he's also stated publicly that with being so settled in Liverpool, he's only looking for the right job. Given the location issues, that could take some time, so he just seems like he's keeping himself busy rather than pimping himself out to me. Case in point the "Audience with" he's doing. That's not for the media or the journos, that's for the fans and for his charity. He's doing this Eurogoals with Arsene Wenger too, keeping himself well away from the majority of mainstream media outlets in the UK that he probably still hates so much. Anyway, I got warned for my abusive message so I probably jumped the gun a bit!
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #226 on: September 8, 2011, 09:20:06 am »
I am especially enjoying his appearances on TV as the ultimate pundit killer, someone who actually knows about the fucking game unlike most of the idiots they have on shows like MOTD, etc etc. His tactical knowledge is just staggering, it's madness that he hasn't been hired by now.

that would make a great computer game.

or indeed profession.

Offline Joe_Singh

• Legacy Fan
  • My idea is always to win trophies, not just games
    • Joe Singh
« Reply #227 on: September 8, 2011, 10:13:28 am »
I wonder what Rafa's face was like when he realised what a tit Purslow was, and how he couldn't really do anything to get rid of him

Probably wanted Rick Parry back. Parry and Rafa texted one another when Rafa got the boot about the demise of the club
What I love about this, and several other of Kenny's press conferences, is that he manages to say something to the effect of  'Shut the fuck up, you fucking helmets and don't fuck with me or my football club or I'll make you eat your own balls', without actually using th

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #228 on: September 8, 2011, 10:47:24 am »
Probably wanted Rick Parry back. Parry and Rafa texted one another when Rafa got the boot about the demise of the club
something along the lines of "i fear for this club"
"so do i"
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #229 on: September 8, 2011, 10:51:00 am »
Rafa Benitez, Rafa Benitez
Rara Rafa Benitez
Xabi Alonso, Garcia and Reina.

Something like that... (;
« Last Edit: September 8, 2011, 10:52:39 am by BMW »

Offline subroc

• cut at you with a clipper? Gas Face given, I beg to differ.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #230 on: September 8, 2011, 10:51:34 am »
Can't even get on - has trhe website crashed due to too much traffic?

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: September 8, 2011, 11:11:00 am »
Such a nice guy.  Bookmarked.  And Pellegrino is posting on there too.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #232 on: September 8, 2011, 12:24:14 pm »
Rafa Benitez tells Gazzetta he's had offers from 3 Spanish teams, 2 Germans ones + 2 national teams [in Asia + Middle East].

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: September 8, 2011, 12:31:34 pm »
Fair enough, maybe I jumped at it too soon. I don't think he's pimped himself out though, he doesn't seem to go for the Robbie Savage everything and anything approach. With football focus he only seems to speak to Dan Walker, noone else, and the in depth interviews are always privately arranged outside of the normal programme schedule. Plus he's also stated publicly that with being so settled in Liverpool, he's only looking for the right job. Given the location issues, that could take some time, so he just seems like he's keeping himself busy rather than pimping himself out to me. Case in point the "Audience with" he's doing. That's not for the media or the journos, that's for the fans and for his charity. He's doing this Eurogoals with Arsene Wenger too, keeping himself well away from the majority of mainstream media outlets in the UK that he probably still hates so much. Anyway, I got warned for my abusive message so I probably jumped the gun a bit!

Agree wholeheartedly mate, and I have been guilty of jumping the gun in Rafa discussions myself.

'Pimped out' wasn't the turn of phrase most of us would use, or assoc with Rafa's presence in the press, but the man who said it looks far from anti-Rafa. And I agree with him that it is a crying shame that all this seems necessary in order to get work in England.It'll be horrible to see him with another English side but in the mean time I will enjoy his presence and insight in the media (makes a welcome change to the shite we are subjected to generally speaking).

And yes, his love and respect for the supporters and the city of Liverpool is staggering.
Just looking at that site of his and the list of charities he is working for and helping, as a man and a manager we were lucky to have him.

Offline Redrider

• Departed for a forum with better manners
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: September 8, 2011, 01:09:11 pm »
I await with interest to see how his web-site develops. At first viewing it seemed to be a bit too self-engratiating with too many Rafa recommendations from players etc.
However, having met the man, I can truely say he is a sincere and engaging personality and the effort that he and his wife have put into local charities is as strong as it implies in his web-site, but most of all he gives the impression that he has unfinished business at Anfield and for sure he would walk over 'broken glass' to return to the Club.

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #235 on: September 8, 2011, 03:01:28 pm »
Every single someone mentions Rafa and he might return to Anfield one day, my heart feels so heavy and I have to tell myself it may not ever happen -I hope tho'...

Just saying. (:
« Last Edit: September 8, 2011, 03:03:10 pm by BMW »

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #236 on: September 8, 2011, 03:29:52 pm »
I have the biggest grin on my face after realising he reads RAWK and to see my name posted up on his website. Really happy to know that he must have taken some comfort from our support during the times he was under the greatest pressure.

Rafa if you're reading this I love you man. Thanks for everything.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #237 on: September 8, 2011, 03:32:45 pm »
I have the biggest grin on my face after realising he reads RAWK and to see my name posted up on his website. Really happy to know that he must have taken some comfort from our support during the times he was under the greatest pressure.

Where's your name on the website?

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #238 on: September 8, 2011, 03:37:06 pm »
Where's your name on the website?

Under the Istanbul section.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #239 on: September 8, 2011, 04:26:02 pm »
one of these days he will just let everyone know how bad the two cancers were

but he seems to keep his cards close to his chest on issues like that. i dont think he ever really said much about pako ayesteran for instance

I would guess that part of his settlement when he left he had to sign a non-disclosure agreement about what went on at the club, hence he doesnt say much about H&G.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.