Author Topic: rafabenitez.com  (Read 64048 times)

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
Re: rafabenitez.com
« Reply #520 on: March 7, 2012, 07:00:50 pm »
We don't play pass and move football.

pass and dont move i think
Football is a lie

Offline ohweloveyerbaldyhead

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #521 on: March 7, 2012, 07:16:56 pm »
I can see why people are wanting Rafa back in the summer but I think Kenny deserves at least one more season. I would love Rafa back here in the summer as much as anybody but we have to show loyalty and create stability within the club. For me Kenny should have a couple more seasons and see what he has achieved, if we are challenging then keep him on until he feels he has done his job with the club, if not then hand the club over to Rafa in a stable condition with money to spend.
Twitter: @loveyerbaldyhead

Offline WelshMike

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #522 on: March 7, 2012, 07:31:56 pm »
why would that make things harder for us?

Because he's another top manager who will look to establish a long-term setup, get some quality players in, make them extremely competitive and difficult to beat (in Europe as well as the league), and as it stands would be set to finish ahead of us in the league considering the way both teams are set up, thus making it harder for us to finish in the top four.

You either believe in Kenny or you don't.There are plenty of cups to go around

I do, but this makes no sense. I believe in him and we're currently 7th, so thank fuck there aren't more talented managers below us because the likes of O'Neill, Jol and Rodgers aren't far behind at the moment.

and I actually see a strong spurs side as being good for us. It's another team to wear out our competition, the fewer easier games our opposite have the better it is for us. Besides we play better on the big occasions.

I agree with the last sentence. I don't agree with the rest. It's good for stopping the Mancs win the title, if that's what you mean. Otherwise strong competition has made things nothing but difficult for us, hence our 5th place finish with an awful team (and points total) in 2005 compared with finishing comfortably outside the top four in the last couple of years.
TEAMWORK
Coming together is a beginning.
Keeping together is a progress.
Working together is a success.

Offline PhlegmJehst

• Anny Roader
« Reply #523 on: March 7, 2012, 07:33:20 pm »
pass and dont move i think

pass move backwards then to the wing with a succession of shit crosses resulting in us eventually creating a chance but hitting the post

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #524 on: March 8, 2012, 01:30:08 pm »
Any one know what was said?

Andy Heaton ‏ @Andrew_Heaton Just had a blow by blow of Rafa v Roy from the other night, funny as fuck #Owlshitaots

AnfieldFM ‏ @AnfieldFM Rafa getting stuck into Hodgson at Arsenal on Tuesday. Go 'ed Rafa lad, put the owl in back in his nest.

Andy Heaton ‏ @Andrew_Heaton You'll have to wait for #TAW33 #Emiratesgate
« Last Edit: March 8, 2012, 01:32:00 pm by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #525 on: March 8, 2012, 02:41:29 pm »
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #526 on: March 8, 2012, 10:29:30 pm »
Any one know what was said?
Yeah, Andy Heaton ;)

Offline BlackpoolRock

• Says "Prick" all the way through
  • Main Stander
  • On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat
« Reply #527 on: March 8, 2012, 10:35:13 pm »
Is Benitez still on the Chelsea radar ? That appointment has to happen, a marriage made in hell .
"To put it in gentleman's terms if you've been out for a night and you're looking for a young lady and you pull one, some weeks they're good looking and some weeks they're not the best. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi. She wasn't the best looking lady we ended up taking home but sh

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #528 on: March 8, 2012, 10:37:52 pm »
Is Benitez still on the Chelsea radar ? That appointment has to happen, a marriage made in hell .
? Don't get what you mean. Great guy, great manager at shithouse plastic club. It would be a marriage made in hell for that reason but why do you say it 'has to happen'?

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #529 on: March 8, 2012, 10:41:55 pm »
? Don't get what you mean. Great guy, great manager at shithouse plastic club. It would be a marriage made in hell for that reason but why do you say it 'has to happen'?

He's a Blackpool supporter.
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline BlackpoolRock

• Main Stander
« Reply #530 on: March 8, 2012, 10:46:20 pm »

Because its bound to end in tears. A manager that craves complete control and has a history of spats with his bosses and a chairman that loves sticking his finger into team affairs and does what he wants on a whim. It would be a complete car crash.
"To put it in gentleman's terms if you've been out for a night and you're looking for a young lady and you pull one, some weeks they're good looking and some weeks they're not the best. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi. She wasn't the best looking lady we ended up taking home but sh

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #531 on: March 8, 2012, 10:46:42 pm »
Won't happen

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #532 on: March 8, 2012, 10:48:59 pm »
He's a Blackpool supporter.
That doesn't necessarily mean that he has swallowed all the media myths about our former manager does it?
Because its bound to end in tears. A manager that craves complete control and has a history of spats with his bosses and a chairman that loves sticking his finger into team affairs and does what he wants on a whim. It would be a complete car crash.
Oh. Clearly it does.

Offline BlackpoolRock

• Main Stander
« Reply #533 on: March 8, 2012, 10:52:56 pm »
Myths ? I don't know what you're getting at.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #534 on: March 8, 2012, 10:57:11 pm »
Myths ? I don't know what you're getting at.
As tired as I am of this incredibly dull debate, just consider this. Cowboy owners at Liverpool who were only hours away from bankrupting the club. Should he have 'not fallen out' with them? Come off it. And at Inter he was royally shafted. Promised a healthy budget but no players brought in and Balotelli sold.

Very, very good reasons to fall out with those owners. In fact, if he hadn't at LFC - God only knows what might have happened.

And consider the Valencia owner who said a couple of years after Rafa left: 'I would walk Benitez back here on my own back'.

As for complete control - well he insisted on that after Rick Parry insisted that Robbie Keane was bought. Totally inappropriate behaviour from a CEO.

So erm, yeah, that's one myth. There are many.

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #535 on: March 8, 2012, 10:59:52 pm »
That doesn't necessarily mean that he has swallowed all the media myths about our former manager does it?
Oh. Clearly it does.

:D
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #536 on: March 8, 2012, 11:01:04 pm »
As tired as I am of this incredibly dull debate, just consider this. Cowboy owners at Liverpool who were only hours away from bankrupting the club. Should he have 'not fallen out' with them? Come off it. And at Inter he was royally shafted. Promised a healthy budget but no players brought in and Balotelli sold.

Very, very good reasons to fall out with those owners. In fact, if he hadn't at LFC - God only knows what might have happened.

And consider the Valencia owner who said a couple of years after Rafa left: 'I would walk Benitez back here on my own back'.

As for complete control - well he insisted on that after Rick Parry insisted that Robbie Keane was bought. Totally inappropriate behaviour from a CEO.

You're overreacting. He never said they were Rafa's fault? All he was pretty much saying was Rafa has a history of falling out with dickhead owners.
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline BlackpoolRock

• Main Stander
« Reply #537 on: March 8, 2012, 11:02:31 pm »
Why are you getting so defensive ? I'm not attacking him , just pointing out he clashes with his superiors , rightly or wrongly. The evidence you kindly provided proves that not to be a myth. The fact it us Abramovich he'd be working for means a bust up is inevitable , so what I said was correct.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #538 on: March 8, 2012, 11:03:02 pm »
You're overreacting.
Er, no I'm not, I'm educating. Not sure what tone you're reading into what I said. Perhaps you're overreacting.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #539 on: March 8, 2012, 11:04:41 pm »
Why are you getting so defensive ? I'm not attacking him , just pointing out he clashes with his superiors , rightly or wrongly. The evidence you kindly provided proves that not to be a myth. The fact it us Abramovich he'd be working for means a bust up is inevitable , so what I said was correct.
Because I didn't like your 'It has to happen' comment, mainly. I wasn't being defensive, merely pointing out that there have been good reasons for those fallings out. Not important though, crack on.

Offline AriGold

• Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #540 on: March 8, 2012, 11:04:44 pm »
Er, no I'm not, I'm educating. Not sure what tone you're reading into what I said. Perhaps you're overreacting.
Again, you're overreacting.
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Offline BlackpoolRock

• Main Stander
« Reply #541 on: March 8, 2012, 11:06:11 pm »

Educating ? Lol .

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #542 on: March 8, 2012, 11:07:42 pm »
Christ. And there I was wondering why I don't post on here much any more. *sighs*

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #543 on: March 8, 2012, 11:08:28 pm »
Again, you're overreacting.

It was the 'it has to happen' comment that bothered him (and me - for what it is worth).
But on the broader point the Blackpool supporter is correct, Rafa and Chelsea would be a marriage made in hell, and Rafa has indeed fell out with the owners/directors of the last three Clubs he has managed, with all three Clubs have living to regret it.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #544 on: March 8, 2012, 11:09:03 pm »
It was the 'it has to happen' comment that bothered him (and me - for what it is worth).
Correct :)

Offline AriGold

• Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #545 on: March 8, 2012, 11:09:27 pm »
Christ. And there I was wondering why I don't post on here much any more. *sighs*
So you've already said. Well done you.
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #546 on: March 8, 2012, 11:10:00 pm »
Correct :)

For what it is worth, it's nice to see you back around these parts, even if it is a brief stay :wave

Offline BlackpoolRock

• Main Stander
« Reply #547 on: March 8, 2012, 11:10:25 pm »
Because I didn't like your 'It has to happen' comment, mainly. I wasn't being defensive, merely pointing out that there have been good reasons for those fallings out. Not important though, crack on.

So because I made a comment you didn't like that has nothing to do with the facts you tried to insinuate I was a brainwashed fool that swallows everything the media tells me, even though my point was accurate by your own admission . Then you claimed you were educating me. Get a grip.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #548 on: March 8, 2012, 11:10:39 pm »
Yeah I agree. Think Bayern would be brilliant for him.

They wanna have a manager who speaks german.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #549 on: March 8, 2012, 11:11:53 pm »
Think we should all calm down in here.

Blackpool Rock, out of interest, why would you like to see Rafa at Chelsea?

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #550 on: March 8, 2012, 11:12:13 pm »
So you've already said. Well done you.
Where? And genuine question, why the hostility?
For what it is worth, it's nice to see you back around these parts, even if it is a brief stay :wave
Thanks mate.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #551 on: March 8, 2012, 11:12:54 pm »
I would loved to have been a fly in the soup at that one...

Pass the milk please!
Huh?
It's next to the sugar...

The bottle of milk, you say? 8)
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #552 on: March 8, 2012, 11:14:08 pm »
So because I made a comment you didn't like that has nothing to do with the facts you tried to insinuate I was a brainwashed fool that swallows everything the media tells me, even though my point was accurate by your own admission . Then you claimed you were educating me. Get a grip.
Any chance you could take your own advice in that last sentence, maybe by calming down?

Offline AriGold

• Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #553 on: March 8, 2012, 11:16:14 pm »
Where? And genuine question, why the hostility?Thanks mate.
It was at the end of another post before I think, I thought you deleted it. No hostility at all pal, I just thought you were a bit harsh on the bloke. He never said anything bad about Rafa. No idea why he'd want it to happen, entertainment maybe? He probably doesn't care what happens to Rafa like most of us do.
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Offline BlackpoolRock

• Main Stander
« Reply #554 on: March 8, 2012, 11:27:46 pm »
Any chance you could take your own advice in that last sentence, maybe by calming down?

I'm fine, pal. I don't take the interwebs too seriously but of course um going to respond to being called brainwashed. I don't mind Benitez I think he's a good manager, I think you're a bit paranoid about him though.

I would like to see it for the entertainment value, correct. I want to see Chelsea fail miserably . It seems some of you would like to see him succeed there ?

Offline AriGold

• Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #555 on: March 8, 2012, 11:30:53 pm »

I would like to see it for the entertainment value, correct. I want to see Chelsea fail miserably . It seems some of you would like to see him succeed there ?
I think it'll end in tears because the squad needs rebuilding but Roman can't see this and wants success straight away. Rafa deserves better than those fickle c*nts down there.
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #556 on: March 8, 2012, 11:31:02 pm »
I'm fine, pal. I don't take the interwebs too seriously but of course um going to respond to being called brainwashed. I don't mind Benitez I think he's a good manager, I think you're a bit paranoid about him though.

We want him to succeed.
Not at Liverpool expense, so not at Chelsea, but to get back to doing what he does best.
Ideally he'll be sat in the dugout of his boyhood club next season.

Offline Vidocq

• chronologically challenged LFC historian
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize
« Reply #557 on: March 8, 2012, 11:33:35 pm »

no,the fans dont want him
"During those days I understood more than ever what 'You'll Never Walk Alone' means."  Luis Suarez

Offline over the line an far away

• Main Stander
« Reply #558 on: March 9, 2012, 01:58:21 am »
We want him to succeed.
Not at Liverpool expense, so not at Chelsea, but to get back to doing what he does best.
Ideally he'll be sat in the dugout of his boyhood club next season.
@cutz10 follow me u mugs

Online Sammy5IsAlive

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #559 on: March 9, 2012, 02:17:16 am »

I think all he was saying is that Rafa has a history of leaving clubs after disputes with their respective boards, which for me is undeniable.

Rafa has my undying respect for the way he behaved in the last couple of years of his tenure, especially earlier on when many of those who in theory should have been 'closer' to the club had missed the shitstorm we were walking into. But the point is that (to his credit) Rafa saw it as his role to take that on. When you mix that attitude with the way that RA seems to want to run Chelsea then problems seem inevitable.