Author Topic: rafabenitez.com  (Read 64134 times)

Offline Dmode101

• Kopite
  • Being a reds fan is like match day, everyday.
Re: rafabenitez.com
« Reply #320 on: September 21, 2011, 02:58:10 pm »
i would not have alonso nor adam. I would love to have masch and a aqua or montilivo type player. perhaps its true rafa if given the funds would convert a quarterback alonso setup into the final complete fabled phase 3 given he brought aqua in and failed to retain masch. but i am not holding my breath.
If you judge people for what they are not who they are, you will make genuine friends rather than friends of circumstance.

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #321 on: September 21, 2011, 03:00:35 pm »
i would not have alonso nor adam. I would love to have masch and a aqua or montilivo type player. perhaps its true rafa if given the funds would convert a quarterback alonso setup into the final complete fabled phase 3 given he brought aqua in and failed to retain masch. but i am not holding my breath.

So you would not have Alonso, Masch or Adam - but happily have Aquilani?.... how many trophies has Alberto won? you do realise with Alonso and Masch at our heart we beat Barca, Real, United, Milan teams....?

Bet you feel a bit daft now, no?
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #322 on: September 21, 2011, 03:03:05 pm »
if ifs and buts where candies and nuts we'll all have a merry christmas!

I wonder where I can watch the show on monday, has anyone got a link?
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #323 on: September 21, 2011, 03:05:58 pm »
Just ignore it mate, he has his opinion.... however wrong it might be. Educate the lad.... the "two defensive midfield set up" now represent two of the most accomplished teams in Europe in Barca and Madrid.

It's not Dmode101's fault hes not been enlightened by this.... perhaps ask him if he had the opportunity would he wish to have Alonso in place of Adam, or Masch as an option in competition with Lucas.

The Matt Hughes article today should have confirmed to anyone with half a brain that repeating the media's cliched shite is stupidity of the highest order. The media are c*nts, and what they say is shite.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: September 21, 2011, 03:12:27 pm »
Where abouts is this? Cant see it.

It was on the the homepage a few days ago but I don't think it's there anymore.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #325 on: September 21, 2011, 03:15:26 pm »
I wonder where I can watch the show on monday, has anyone got a link?

What's this show?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #326 on: September 21, 2011, 03:56:10 pm »
What's this show?

Eurogoals, on eurosports on mondays with Wenger...
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #327 on: September 21, 2011, 04:01:47 pm »
Eurogoals, on eurosports on mondays with Wenger...

Ah OK, thanks.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: September 21, 2011, 07:07:58 pm »
The Matt Hughes article today...
Link?
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Zinc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • All Good, Clean Fun...(whatever that means)...
« Reply #329 on: September 21, 2011, 07:31:06 pm »
Think the web-site is great, just love the man to bits. He's a fcukin Legend in my eyes. That is all. Carry on.
twitter: @ampersandad

Offline Djibriliant

• Last of the Great Romantics. All-year-round-twattish-dresser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's Friday theeeeen, Saturday Sunday WHAT!?
« Reply #330 on: September 21, 2011, 07:35:35 pm »
It might be just me, but whenever I see this topic, I read it out in the same style as funkypigeon.com. I'm that good.
He wasn't perfect, he made mistakes. But he was genuine. He had the best interests of the club at heart, and gave us a plethora of successful teams that we should have been thankful for.

Offline indianscouser

• Kopite
« Reply #331 on: September 21, 2011, 08:58:02 pm »
Just showed Rafa at the Valencia game. Getting an applause from the fans

Offline Aquaman81

• Anny Roader
« Reply #333 on: September 22, 2011, 06:03:03 pm »
Just spent an hour or so browsing and reading on his site. I think what the players say about him says it all really. Some really good reads in there also, love the interview with Jonathan northcroft.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #334 on: September 22, 2011, 06:09:38 pm »
Don't worry, you're not alone on this thread. The majority of of us have long moved on though

You say you've moved on, yet you can't resist showing up in this thread anyway. Oh the irony. ::)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

hoonin

« Reply #335 on: September 22, 2011, 10:40:05 pm »
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=260905.msg7174107#msg7174107

The above is from the past, as is much of the last few pages of this topic. Disappointing to see many of the same names (with differing stances) scratching away at old scabs just to seen to be right.

Will re-open this tomorrow.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 10:41:59 pm by Gareth »

hoonin

« Reply #336 on: September 22, 2011, 11:13:02 pm »
Righto, cleaned up... so as you were.

Note for those who want to revive the wearisome and intransigent arguments of a couple of years back - don't bother :wave

Offline The Red artist.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • With hope in your heart.
« Reply #337 on: September 23, 2011, 12:47:42 am »
My portrait of Rafa.

Great website, good to see him looking so well on the box last night.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 12:59:57 am by The Red artist. »
Y.N.W.A....J.F.T.96.

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: September 23, 2011, 06:13:25 am »
i hope he never comes back cause I never believe in a two defensive midfield set up. nor protecting a 1 nil lead.
Totally agree with you mate and it's a point that can't be repeated enough. Even these Rafa fans have to admit that TWO 'defensive midfielders' can only lead to boring, dour football. Too few goals and too many draws, as can be seen by Benitez's poor win ratio. Anybody who used a system which had Xabi Alonso and Javier Mascherano on the pitch for LFC at the same time cannot be trusted.

And like you I prefer losing 1-0 leads But enough about his website.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 06:32:27 am by zero zero »

Offline Marko B

• Legacy Fan
  • Ray Osbourne RIP
« Reply #339 on: September 23, 2011, 06:20:50 am »
That looks absolutely amazing. Sensational effort.
Quote from: Rafa Benitez
“I was not fighting for the power. I didn’t need more power. I was fighting for the future of the club.”

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: September 23, 2011, 07:39:39 am »
My portrait of Rafa.

That looks really good.

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: September 23, 2011, 08:03:50 am »
During three seasons at the club, my memories of Champions League nights go back to the certainty I saw in the faces of the players in the pre match talks in the hotels in Milan and Madrid, a few hours before playing decisive games which would end up contributing to the Club’s great history. My memories also turn to Reina, with silences full of respect before facing Anfield, realising that the appointment was with the history of a club, a city and its people who have turned the path to Anfield Road into a path of hope and belief.

Author: Xavi Valero, goalkeeping coach Rafa Benitez staff.

http://www.rafabenitez.com/web/index.php?act=mostrarBlog&id_entrada=24&idioma=in

An eloquent article. Well worth a visit.

Offline MassDriver

• Custom Tit... Shithouse lover... Politically correct and metrosexual cave dweller.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta la victoria siempre
« Reply #342 on: September 23, 2011, 08:42:31 am »
My portrait of Rafa.

Brilliant work my friend. How long did that take you to complete?

Acrylic or oil?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 08:44:10 am by MassDriver »
You will never walk alone , Shanklyboy. RIP.

I am the Eye in the Sky, looking at you, I can read your mind. I am the maker of rules, dealing with fools, I can cheat you blind. Looking at you, I can read your mind

Offline petrichor

• Kopite
« Reply #343 on: September 23, 2011, 08:49:54 am »

Author: Xavi Valero, goalkeeping coach Rafa Benitez staff.

Reina hasn't been as good since Valero left

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #344 on: September 23, 2011, 09:06:47 am »
My portrait of Rafa.

That's fantastic.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #345 on: September 23, 2011, 09:31:16 am »
Righto, cleaned up... so as you were.

Note for those who want to revive the wearisome and intransigent arguments of a couple of years back - don't bother :wave
So what can we disscuss then? or not, as the case maybe.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #346 on: September 23, 2011, 09:51:12 am »
The website. And his charity efforts.
The topic title says rafabenitez.com does it not?

Offline The Red artist.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • With hope in your heart.
« Reply #347 on: September 23, 2011, 11:00:24 am »
Marko B, jillc, Uhoh AureliOs, Mass driver, thanks for the nice comments guys, its in Acrylics and took about 30 hrs all told. It hangs on my living room wall alongside a dozen others, mostly signed by the subject themselves, would love this one signed one day.
Y.N.W.A....J.F.T.96.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #348 on: September 23, 2011, 11:17:49 am »
The website. And his charity efforts.
The topic title says rafabenitez.com does it not?
Technology and Science or perhaps News and Current affairs, even Off topic would be its best place to sit then, would it not?

That is unless of course you want to discus football and Benitez's style of football. Which would make it pretty much an open topic for General Football and Sport, would it not? Which would then open up all kinds of debate. Or would you prefer it to be the kind of debate that keeps you in your comfort zone?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Cassiel

• Legacy Fan
  • Lord, I can't go back there...
« Reply #349 on: September 23, 2011, 11:26:28 am »
Technology and Science or perhaps News and Current affairs, even Off topic would be its best place to sit then, would it not?

That is unless of course you want to discus football and Benitez's style of football. Which would make it pretty much an open topic for General Football and Sport, would it not? Which would then open up all kinds of debate. Or would you prefer it to be the kind of debate that keeps you in your comfort zone?

Alright Chopper, me old passive-aggressive mucker, pick a post from the website and let's start a-debating and a-discussing.

I doubt Benitle is out of his comfort zone debating Rafa's style of football either. After all, we all had five years of practice ;)
Looks like I chose the wrong day to feed the pigeons...

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #350 on: September 23, 2011, 12:56:25 pm »
Disappointing to see this thread has been moved to General Football.

Offline Mikie

• Kopite
« Reply #351 on: September 23, 2011, 02:31:31 pm »
bookmarked and a damn interesting site.   Glad he's taking the time out to relax!

Great man!!!

BTW - the painting is awesome.. well done!
We take these risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping us.

Offline shanks hankie

• Main Stander
« Reply #352 on: September 23, 2011, 03:06:17 pm »
My portrait of Rafa.

That's an absolutely boss picture mate. Yiou should maybe look into selling re-productions of it online? Would do well for you I think.
If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing.” Shanks

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: September 23, 2011, 03:22:31 pm »

Some people want to forget that Benitez ever had anything to do with Liverpool, and they are allergic to any kind of praise directed at him. Which is fair enough, but Ferguson only needs one more European Cup to equal Liverpool's tally of 4.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #354 on: September 23, 2011, 05:01:03 pm »

Hi mate. I see it like this.
A thread about Benitez' time at Liverpool will end up in silly arguments, which develop into slanging matches until it's locked. It always does. Both sides will not budge an inch (I include myself in that, and my warning last night because of it was entirely fair).

BUT we should be able to discuss the new website and the Montse Benitez foundation. That's what this topic is for.

Fair?

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: September 23, 2011, 05:02:38 pm »
Reina hasn't been as good since Valero left
He was good before he joined from Wrexham, he was only here because Pepe needs very little training on his actual game, he lived locally, spoke spanish and had a good personality

no point in pretending he was some sort of super coach, because he was the exact opposite.
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #356 on: September 23, 2011, 05:30:37 pm »

Eh? I thought Rafa had left the club. Maybe I'm wrong...
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #357 on: September 23, 2011, 05:43:18 pm »
He was good before he joined from Wrexham, he was only here because Pepe needs very little training on his actual game, he lived locally, spoke spanish and had a good personality

no point in pretending he was some sort of super coach, because he was the exact opposite.
the exact opposite? you mean he made Reina a poorer player?
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Robotforaday

• Fifty shades off white
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: September 23, 2011, 08:19:47 pm »
Eh? I thought Rafa had left the club. Maybe I'm wrong...

It's true he's not part of the formal organisation of the football club today.

Neither am I. Neither are you. I guess we have nothing to do with LFC either.

He's our former manager, won us number 5, lives locally and still cares passionately about the club. Just as news about Kenny was always considered part of what's going on in the club, the same is true of Rafa. LFC through and through.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: September 23, 2011, 09:16:38 pm »
Marko B, jillc, Uhoh AureliOs, Mass driver, thanks for the nice comments guys, its in Acrylics and took about 30 hrs all told. It hangs on my living room wall alongside a dozen others, mostly signed by the subject themselves, would love this one signed one day.

A picture that deserves to be signed, good luck with that. Out of interest who else have you got?