Author Topic: Dave's TV Snobbery Topic with added Low Brow Self Indulgences  (Read 1257389 times)

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
Re: Dave's TV Snobbery Topic with added Low Brow Self Indulgences
« Reply #7600 on: October 5, 2017, 08:43:25 am »
Have you watched "Red Oaks"? That's my personal fave on there, though I liked "Patriot" a ton, too.

only seen the pilot mate....really enjoyed that but for some reason never got around to the series...will bung it on the autumn watchlist..

watched more Big Mouth last night ...rapidly turning into one of my fave Netflix shows....crude as you like but sharp as fuck too, and with the most non-pc animated ghost of Duke Ellington character you're ever likely to see  ;D
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #7601 on: October 5, 2017, 10:19:37 am »
2 episodes until I finish StartUp and season 2 is even better than the first. Has nice pace and binge value. Not without some (small) mistakes but not enough to ruin it and what show doesn't have anyway?

It is shown on Crackle which I hadn't heard of it before.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #7602 on: October 5, 2017, 11:58:15 am »

watched more Big Mouth last night ...rapidly turning into one of my fave Netflix shows....crude as you like but sharp as fuck too, and with the most non-pc animated ghost of Duke Ellington character you're ever likely to see  ;D

Just Googled that and one of its creators is Nick Kroll who was in one of my fav ever comedy's, The League. Shall take a look at that.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #7603 on: October 5, 2017, 03:30:12 pm »
Just Googled that and one of its creators is Nick Kroll who was in one of my fav ever comedy's, The League. Shall take a look at that.

I know how much you loved that show, so I won't say what I think of it  ;) but I loved "The Kroll Show" - it was just the right amount of stupid.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #7604 on: October 5, 2017, 08:42:45 pm »
I know how much you loved that show, so I won't say what I think of it  ;) but I loved "The Kroll Show" - it was just the right amount of stupid.

Rafi is one of the greatest characters ever!

See I wasnt keen on The Kroll Show
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #7605 on: October 6, 2017, 08:03:40 am »
Thanks guys. Startup and Red Oaks added. [emoji4]

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #7606 on: October 6, 2017, 04:57:06 pm »
I wouldn't bother posting about this until nearer the start date, there are though a few I know who watched the film this is taken from and have been waiting for news of it's release.

Suburra. October 6th.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5GcC9kduhO4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5GcC9kduhO4</a>
This is available now....usual gaffs.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7607 on: October 9, 2017, 06:27:49 pm »
Snowfall if being aired on BBC2 starting on Friday.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7608 on: October 9, 2017, 07:30:01 pm »
Snowfall if being aired on BBC2 starting on Friday.

1st episode was on last night mate, yet to watch it meself.

It's on iPlayer so will catch up.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #7609 on: October 9, 2017, 07:48:58 pm »
Friday.

Mindhunter. Set in 1979 — in the early days of criminal psychology and criminal profiling at the Federal Bureau of Investigation— Mindhunter revolves around FBI agents Holden Ford (Jonathan Groff) and Bill Tench (Holt McCallany), who interview imprisoned serial killers in order to understand how such criminals think and apply this knowledge to solving ongoing cases

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/7gZCfRD_zWE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/7gZCfRD_zWE</a>

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #7610 on: October 9, 2017, 08:57:59 pm »
Friday.

Mindhunter. Set in 1979 — in the early days of criminal psychology and criminal profiling at the Federal Bureau of Investigation— Mindhunter revolves around FBI agents Holden Ford (Jonathan Groff) and Bill Tench (Holt McCallany), who interview imprisoned serial killers in order to understand how such criminals think and apply this knowledge to solving ongoing cases

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/7gZCfRD_zWE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/7gZCfRD_zWE</a>

In that algorithmically obnoxious manner, Netflix has decided I'd like this, it's what I keep seeing every time I log in...

Suppose I'll give it a go once I finish Suburra and watching Rome again...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7611 on: October 9, 2017, 09:51:12 pm »
1st episode was on last night mate, yet to watch it meself.

It's on iPlayer so will catch up.

Must be repeating on Friday then.Really enjoyed it myself,well worth your time.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #7612 on: October 10, 2017, 01:53:03 pm »
Get Shorty is a good piece of television. Recommend to anyone who likes comedy and crimi mixed together.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #7613 on: October 10, 2017, 04:02:32 pm »
Thanks to the international football weekend (and a bad back) I binge-watched The Good Place on Netflix over the weekend.

Just an utter delight. It's not surprising that Ted Danson can do comedy, or that Kristen Bell is ideally cast, but the other unknown-to-me cast members knock it out of the (perfectly manicured) park every scene. 
Mike Schur really is the best.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7614 on: October 10, 2017, 05:00:15 pm »
Thanks to the international football weekend (and a bad back) I binge-watched The Good Place on Netflix over the weekend.

Just an utter delight. It's not surprising that Ted Danson can do comedy, or that Kristen Bell is ideally cast, but the other unknown-to-me cast members knock it out of the (perfectly manicured) park every scene. 

I know, right - took me by surprise, needed something to watch on the commute, gave it a chance, and ended up laughing like a drain in the first 3 mins, and was hooked.  Schur has some track record with sitcoms, and its really good to see him back on NBC with something, even if does mean us UK netflix watchers don't get to see the second season en-bloc like the first was offered, and have to have some actual patience ;)

Now for NBC to only have 1/2 more good sitcoms to put on the Thursday night slot - pity they dropped Kimmy Schmidt and that went to netflix as that would have made a great double bill (in terms of 30 Rock creator & Parks+Rec creator hour).  I miss those heady days of Thursday night NBC when they had US Office (my least favourite in the block by a way), 30 Rock, Parks&Rec and Community back to back.

Online markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #7615 on: October 10, 2017, 08:29:28 pm »
Just a heads up on Snowfall, if its new to you. BBC2 Sunday 10 ish I think, was a good opening episode, will be in the iplayer for a month. Set in black Los Angeles in 1983.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #7616 on: October 11, 2017, 09:57:16 am »
Get Shorty is a good piece of television. Recommend to anyone who likes comedy and crimi mixed together.

How does it compare to the film mate?

Great isnt it :) Love Janet hahaha, plus Kristen Bell is nice to look at ;)

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #7617 on: October 11, 2017, 10:08:21 am »
I also caught up with the last three episodes of Get Shorty...this is developing quite nicely. I expected nothing and I've been rewarded with a nice fresh take on the book and film. Deffo worth a watch.
How does it compare to the film mate?

;)

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #7618 on: October 11, 2017, 11:06:13 am »
;)

Ok thanks. Me and my mate LOVED Get Shorty back in the day so will get round to giving it a whirl.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #7619 on: October 11, 2017, 11:42:44 am »
Anyone try Extinct? The copy I found wasn't HD so I couldn't tell if it looked cheap or not.....

I fell asleep during the first episode and can't decide if it was because it was shit or because it was a Monday evening, after a heavy weekend and a big dinner ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #7620 on: October 11, 2017, 01:19:20 pm »
Anyone try Extinct? The copy I found wasn't HD so I couldn't tell if it looked cheap or not.....

I fell asleep during the first episode and can't decide if it was because it was shit or because it was a Monday evening, after a heavy weekend, a big dinner and being a soft arl quilt ;D ;D ;D ;D

Fixed that for you mate.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7621 on: October 11, 2017, 07:41:49 pm »

I fell asleep during the first episode and can't decide if it was because it was shit or because it was a Monday evening, after a heavy weekend and a big dinner ;D ;D ;D ;D
I heard about that  show when i was stateside during the summer.

It's made by Bingham Young University in Utah which is a Mormon university and the TV channel it was produced by is also funded by the Mormon Church.

I'm guessing it will have subliminal Mormon references in it. :D

From the trailer i've seen of it i'll be giving it a big swerve,the special effects are very 1990's.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #7622 on: October 11, 2017, 07:53:46 pm »
;)

Just watched the 1st one. Theres defiantly potential there.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #7623 on: October 12, 2017, 10:14:30 pm »
Loved the BBC comedy 'Quacks' ...that rarest of things, an English sit-com that actually makes you laugh repeatedly....worth it just for Rory Kinnear's shipwreck tale alone  ;D
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #7624 on: October 12, 2017, 11:30:06 pm »
MINDHUNTERS looks very good and is on Netflix from tomorrow.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #7625 on: October 13, 2017, 08:39:03 am »
Friday.

Tis Friday now.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #7626 on: October 13, 2017, 03:45:27 pm »
Riverdale season two started the other night. I know I'm not the only one in here who was on tenterhooks after THAT season one cliffhanger finale!  ;D

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7627 on: October 14, 2017, 12:00:40 pm »
I watched the first 3 episodes of Manhunter last night.

Enjoying it so far,reminds me a bit of Fincher's Zodiac in it's style.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #7628 on: October 14, 2017, 08:12:32 pm »

It is very slow and I'm not a massive fan of the Holden Ford character but I really like Holt, He is making the show for me.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #7629 on: October 14, 2017, 08:17:10 pm »

Good finale....and season 2 confirmed...happy days  8)

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7630 on: October 14, 2017, 08:22:44 pm »
It is very slow and I'm not a massive fan of the Holden Ford character but I really like Holt, He is making the show for me.

The lead character makes it unwatchable for me. It’s like he’s won a competition to be an actor. Surely it’s not intentional from Fincher?

Gave up after the 1st episode.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7631 on: October 14, 2017, 08:25:14 pm »
Good finale....and season 2 confirmed...happy days  8)

I loved this!! good news on season 2.

I watched the first 2 seasons of Startup this week and thought it was brilliant. Edi Gathegi was by far the best part, Great performance.

Hopefully there will be a 3rd season.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #7632 on: October 14, 2017, 08:29:48 pm »
I watched the first 2 seasons of Startup this week and thought it was brilliant. Edi Gathegi was by far the best part, Great performance.

Superb isn't he...has a real Christopher Walken'esque intensity to him....

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7633 on: October 14, 2017, 08:30:22 pm »
The lead character makes it unwatchable for me. It’s like he’s won a competition to be an actor. Surely it’s not intentional from Fincher?

Gave up after the 1st episode.

I will stick with it for a while and hope it gets better.

I actually think it's my own fault as I was expecting a thrilling show chasing serial killers but it's not like that at all. I enjoy the interviews with the serial killers but I can watch those on You Tube with actual serial killers rather than actors playing them.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7634 on: October 14, 2017, 08:31:52 pm »

Absolutely loved Start Up. Gathegis Ronnie gave some truly amazing speeches. Perlman bossed it too when he showed up.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7635 on: October 14, 2017, 08:37:39 pm »

Superb isn't he...has a real Christopher Walken'esque intensity to him....

Yeah brilliant. It was a good show but he took it up a couple notches.

I liked him in Nikita and The Blacklist. Both average shows made better by his presence.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #7636 on: October 14, 2017, 11:46:26 pm »

Watching 8 now and its brilliant.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #7637 on: October 15, 2017, 08:41:24 am »

This is great....a Gomorrah'esque drug/gang thriller - centered around an Arabic gang family in Berlin...fast paced and enthralling ...did half the series in last night and very impressed. Available on Amazon prime and your usual stockists

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7638 on: October 15, 2017, 12:04:31 pm »

This is great....a Gomorrah'esque drug/gang thriller - centered around an Arabic gang family in Berlin...fast paced and enthralling ...did half the series in last night and very impressed. Available on Amazon prime and your usual stockists

Cheers mate looks like it could be good that, gonna stick it on now. Lad out of the German film Victoria is in it as well. Worth checking that out if you already havent.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #7639 on: October 15, 2017, 12:20:18 pm »
Watched 2 eps of Mindhunter and I love it. Sure the Holden character is a bit odd but that honestly pleases me as we see different and unconventional character for a change.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.