Author Topic: Dave's TV Snobbery Topic with added Low Brow Self Indulgences  (Read 1257217 times)

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
Re: Dave's TV Snobbery Topic with added Low Brow Self Indulgences
« Reply #7640 on: October 15, 2017, 05:13:35 pm »
Season 3 started last week....

Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #7641 on: October 15, 2017, 05:29:25 pm »
Thought Mindhunter was going to be something different altogether. Looked at the first episode last not and I don't have much desire to see another one but I'll give it a go.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #7642 on: October 15, 2017, 05:47:35 pm »
Thought Mindhunter was going to be something different altogether. Looked at the first episode last not and I don't have much desire to see another one but I'll give it a go.

Ep1 is nothing to do with were it goes.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7643 on: October 15, 2017, 05:51:43 pm »
I've just started rewatching Defiance.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Y.N.W.A.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7645 on: October 15, 2017, 05:58:45 pm »
Where can I watch this?

Terrarium,Kodi,MovieHD etc.

Have to say it was brilliant from the 1st minute to the last.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #7646 on: October 15, 2017, 06:08:15 pm »
Terrarium,Kodi,MovieHD etc.

Have to say it was brilliant from the 1st minute to the last.

Brilliant thanks mate.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7647 on: October 15, 2017, 08:39:39 pm »
Season 3 started last week....

YES!!!

Thank you for the Heads UP Dave!!

My fav current comedy bar none

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #7648 on: October 15, 2017, 09:03:28 pm »
Where can I watch this?

RTE Player too Sarge. All episodes there.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #7649 on: October 15, 2017, 09:25:48 pm »
RTE Player too Sarge. All episodes there.

Sound ta Ray.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #7650 on: October 16, 2017, 04:00:56 pm »

This is great....a Gomorrah'esque drug/gang thriller - centered around an Arabic gang family in Berlin...fast paced and enthralling ...did half the series in last night and very impressed. Available on Amazon prime and your usual stockists

finished this last night...can only echo what I said in the original post..a cracking little thriller from start to finish....and already been given the green light for a new season ...get rarr on it!
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7651 on: October 16, 2017, 04:11:59 pm »
Nice one Pistol. Looks good that.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #7652 on: October 16, 2017, 04:24:03 pm »
Up to date / Done:

The Wire
The Sopranos
Breaking Bad
Ozark
Seinfeld
Arrested Development
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Rick & Morty
House of Cards
Bloodline
Game of Thrones
Stranger Things
Fargo S1-S3
Master of None
Taboo
Westworld
American Gods
Peaky Blinders
The Shield
Silicon Valley
Oz
Legion
True Detective
The Killing (Forbrydelesen)
Narcos S1/S2
Mr Robot
(+ lots more I can't think of right now...)

Not really arsed / into the likes of The Walking Dead / Mad Men / Homeland.

Heard good things about 'The Leftovers' - any other recommendations?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #7653 on: October 16, 2017, 04:33:49 pm »

Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia

One of the funniest things ever made.

The Mick can be good too.

The Good Place.

Nathan For You.

Better Things.

A few decent comedies there.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7654 on: October 16, 2017, 04:35:04 pm »
  - Done, huge fan.

The Mick can be good too.

The Good Place.   Never heard of it.

Nathan For You.  Seemed too like 'Review'.

Better Things.  She's great in 'Louie'. One to note. Cheers  :wave

A few decent comedies there.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #7655 on: October 16, 2017, 04:48:59 pm »

Good man...and yes indeed. Louie write this or co writes Better Things too.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7656 on: October 16, 2017, 04:50:02 pm »
Good man...and yes indeed. Louie write this or co writes Better Things too.

Oh? Interesting.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #7657 on: October 16, 2017, 04:50:58 pm »
Oh? Interesting.

Hope Ive got that right. He's deffo something to do with it.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #7658 on: October 16, 2017, 04:52:23 pm »
Quick google says he's a Co-creator and she and he write it.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #7659 on: October 16, 2017, 05:11:52 pm »
Oh? Interesting.
Quick google says he's a Co-creator and she and he write it.
Horace and Pete.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.

Online red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #7661 on: October 16, 2017, 05:18:20 pm »
Red Oaks, Friday. ;)

I have to say, you were mostly right about "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend" - I came around to it after a while. I still think she is annoying as fuck, but the show is well-written, aside from some occasionally gormless plotting. On the other hand, "You're the Worst" remains the worst diaper splatter going. Pack of c*nts one and all.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 05:20:39 pm by red mongoose »
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #7662 on: October 16, 2017, 05:35:41 pm »
Some new FL series I'm digging right now.

The Same Sky. A German series that takes a look at an operation carried out by the Stasi back in the 70's. It stars Tom Schilling, who you'll have seen in Unsere Mutter, Unsere Vater. (If you've not seen that series, do so, you'll thank me.) It also stars Sofia Helin who we all know from Arn :Arn: Tempelriddaren  and it's follow up, Arn:Riket vid Vagens Slut....... (Ditto both of these films.) The story line is simple.....Lars is a "Romeo agent" from East Germany. His task is to go West, first to seduce and then to spy on Western women who worked in government or defense institutions. I'm digging it up to now.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vtGSu-DJtPU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vtGSu-DJtPU</a>

Missions is a French sci-fi series. Based around the story of the first manned mission to Mars is now approaching the red planet. The crew includes top-flight scientists and a young female psychiatrist, responsible for their mental health. But just as they are about to land, something goes wrong. Promising, what little I've seen that is.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/lLtq8AP3Pzg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/lLtq8AP3Pzg</a>

Elven is another Scandi series, an intense thriller set in the haunting landscape of Northern Norway and the border area with Russia, where the Cold War never ended. In the areas around the small village of Djupelv, people know that you should not ask too many questions. But the recently returned police officer Thomas Salmon hates lies and secrets, and he refuses to leave things in spite of warnings. As he begins to investigate Sliyia's disappearance,the girl has disappeared after finding a severed hand in the river , he awakens dangerous forces that have been sleeping for a long time. Not too shabby at all.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/KCtcE0haDeA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/KCtcE0haDeA</a>

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #7663 on: October 16, 2017, 05:38:17 pm »

I have to say, you were mostly right about "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend" - I came around to it after a while. I still think she is annoying as fuck, but the show is well-written, aside from some occasionally gormless plotting. On the other hand, "You're the Worst" remains the worst diaper splatter going. Pack of c*nts one and all.
This season of You're has been execrable, at best...I was wound up watching those self loathing morons carry on as they've been doing in this season..I turned the last ep off and haven't been back to it since.

Told yer Crazy was good. :P ;D

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7664 on: October 16, 2017, 05:58:25 pm »

One of the funniest things ever made.
Amen to that, it's fucking brilliant, as long as you're not easily offended. First series isn't the greatest, but after the second it's just sublime.

How are people finding Mindhunter? I've watched the first four episodes and think it's great, though very dark. Not that a series about serial killer profiling is ever going to be a barrel of laughs but still, chilling stuff.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7665 on: October 16, 2017, 10:49:44 pm »
Anyone into Suburra here? Stumbled across it on Netflix. It is an Italian series about the Mafia in Rome with some politics and the Vatican thrown in. It centers around three main characters who form an unlikely alliance. It has a bit of a Romeo and Juliet vibe to it. The actors are brilliant and the setting of beautiful Rome makes it really worthwhile.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #7666 on: October 16, 2017, 11:20:25 pm »
Horace and Pete.

?

Amen to that, it's fucking brilliant, as long as you're not easily offended. First series isn't the greatest, but after the second it's just sublime.

I say to people if you didnt like the 1st episode dont bother. I still love the 1st series. I know theres a lot of people out there who refuse to acknowledge it because Danny DeVito isnt in it, but thats just daft!

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7667 on: October 16, 2017, 11:48:12 pm »
I have to say, you were mostly right about "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend" - I came around to it after a while. I still think she is annoying as fuck, but the show is well-written, aside from some occasionally gormless plotting.

Err hang on a minute young man.  Rachel Bloom is a fucking goddess no less. I don't mind admitting it i fancy the bones of her all day long.  Her character is brilliant too.

Our Dave introduced me to this ages ago and last I heard Dave hadn't even watched the 2nd series.

Crazy EX GF is one of the quirkiest, funniest and well written comedies I've watched in years.

Anyone watched the opener from Season 3 yet?  Downloading it now for tomorrow.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 12:11:23 am by Buck Pete »

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #7668 on: October 17, 2017, 12:00:16 am »
?

I say to people if you didnt like the 1st episode dont bother. I still love the 1st series. I know theres a lot of people out there who refuse to acknowledge it because Danny DeVito isnt in it, but thats just daft!

First season is boss

If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7669 on: October 17, 2017, 04:41:08 am »

First season is boss

I reckon it's got its moments - the ones about Charlie "getting cancer" and "being molested" are fucking brilliant, but I just felt it hadn't hit its stride and there weren't as many belly laughs as I've had in pretty much every series since. It's not just the introduction of Danny de Vito, although he is great, I just preferred it from the second series onwards.

I remember watching the first ever episode and just not being that into it, so didn't bother with the rest, then a few years later a mate persuaded me to give it another go and I ended up watching about eight seasons in a week. It's definitely something that once you get into, it just clicks and then that's it.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #7670 on: October 17, 2017, 08:42:24 am »
Anyone into Suburra here? Stumbled across it on Netflix. It is an Italian series about the Mafia in Rome with some politics and the Vatican thrown in. It centers around three main characters who form an unlikely alliance. It has a bit of a Romeo and Juliet vibe to it. The actors are brilliant and the setting of beautiful Rome makes it really worthwhile.
Go back a page or two. ;)

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #7671 on: October 17, 2017, 08:44:07 am »
?

This. ;)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/dlgXVj5zt4A" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/dlgXVj5zt4A</a>

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5425186/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #7672 on: October 17, 2017, 11:54:29 am »
Not exactly the most high brow humour ever but I'm quite enjoying Dice at the moment

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #7673 on: October 17, 2017, 12:14:51 pm »

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #7674 on: October 17, 2017, 12:16:11 pm »
I reckon it's got its moments - the ones about Charlie "getting cancer" and "being molested" are fucking brilliant, but I just felt it hadn't hit its stride and there weren't as many belly laughs as I've had in pretty much every series since. It's not just the introduction of Danny de Vito, although he is great, I just preferred it from the second series onwards.

I remember watching the first ever episode and just not being that into it, so didn't bother with the rest, then a few years later a mate persuaded me to give it another go and I ended up watching about eight seasons in a week. It's definitely something that once you get into, it just clicks and then that's it.

AAARGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH why why why? You started off so well too :'( :butt

This. ;)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/dlgXVj5zt4A" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/dlgXVj5zt4A</a>

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5425186/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Ah yes. Got about 15 mins in and turned off. Couldnt get into it.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7675 on: October 17, 2017, 12:28:17 pm »

AAARGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH why why why? You started off so well too :'( :butt

Ah yes. Got about 15 mins in and turned off. Couldnt get into it.

Yeah, true. In my defence, I'd just woken up and it was stupidly early! Also, I vaguely remember having trouble with pluralising "series." I mean, what is the plural of series, "serieses"? Looks wrong, sounds wrong. Serieseses? Series's? So I went with "seasons." I'm not proud of it,  but it happened.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #7676 on: October 17, 2017, 01:42:33 pm »
Yeah, true. In my defence, I'd just woken up and it was stupidly early! Also, I vaguely remember having trouble with pluralising "series." I mean, what is the plural of series, "serieses"? Looks wrong, sounds wrong. Serieseses? Series's? So I went with "seasons." I'm not proud of it,  but it happened.

That actually made me lol :D Er Id go series-is haahhaha

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7677 on: October 17, 2017, 01:55:29 pm »
Watched the first series of Westworld, it was painfully slow and managed to drag out a relatively simple concept til I was bored to tears frankly, don't think ill be bothering with any more.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7678 on: October 17, 2017, 02:00:18 pm »

The plural of series is series.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7679 on: October 17, 2017, 02:28:06 pm »
Watched the first series of Westworld, it was painfully slow and managed to drag out a relatively simple concept til I was bored to tears frankly, don't think ill be bothering with any more.

I loved it. Hopkins is great as ever. Looking forward to the next series.