Author Topic: Dave's TV Snobbery Topic with added Low Brow Self Indulgences  (Read 1257236 times)

Offline Kopite Tom

• Kopite
Re: Dave's TV Snobbery Topic with added Low Brow Self Indulgences
« Reply #7480 on: September 11, 2017, 04:46:52 pm »
Almost a year late but I finished Westworld this afternoon, absolutely brilliant finale to what was a very good compelling series of television. Stayed away from all the fan theory & episode discussions on here & reddit which allowed for some mind blowing moments. Favourite part of the show is watching the acting masterclass from Ed Harris & Anthony Hopkins who has such a demanding screen presence.

At least I don't have as long to wait for season 2 as the rest of the people that watched it when it first aired!

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #7481 on: September 12, 2017, 05:46:59 pm »
Seth MacFarlanes space comedy 'The Orville' started last night,not watched it yet but like the look of it.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Yy9sKeCE8V0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Yy9sKeCE8V0</a>

Was pretty awful. Will give it 2 more episodes and decide whether to continue with it or not after them.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #7482 on: September 12, 2017, 08:18:37 pm »
Seth MacFarlanes space comedy 'The Orville' started last night,not watched it yet but like the look of it.

I saw five minutes of this earlier today...it's awful and any critics that give it any plaudits need sacking!  ;D
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #7483 on: September 12, 2017, 08:21:39 pm »
I also caught up with the last three episodes of Get Shorty...this is developing quite nicely. I expected nothing and I've been rewarded with a nice fresh take on the book and film. Deffo worth a watch.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #7484 on: September 13, 2017, 07:34:19 pm »
Am I the only one really enjoying I'm Dying Up Here. Really smashing little show.
And it was given a second earlier this week. 8)

Offline newrosswaterford

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7485 on: September 13, 2017, 10:24:52 pm »
Excellent. Was worried after quarry was dumped(stupid c*nts). Also blood drive. (More stupid c*nts).

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #7486 on: September 14, 2017, 12:41:01 am »
Was pretty awful. Will give it 2 more episodes and decide whether to continue with it or not after them.

I doubt it will reach season 2.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #7487 on: September 14, 2017, 12:46:51 am »
I doubt it will reach season 2.

You could be right there. Wouldnt be surprised if it got binned off. Though to give it a chance it was the 1st episode.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #7488 on: September 14, 2017, 09:18:50 am »

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7489 on: September 14, 2017, 09:21:39 am »
Nice one Dave!
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #7491 on: September 14, 2017, 06:29:49 pm »
Broad City is amazing!
Spoiler
An episode that is the same as the one we saw in Frasier-Sliding Frasier's....probably more a homage to Sliding Doors, but I've never seen that. ;D
[close]
Just gets better with every new episode.

Be warned...there's images you'll never be able to forget.

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #7492 on: September 15, 2017, 05:36:25 pm »
Might start watching The Last Ship tonight.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #7493 on: September 15, 2017, 11:11:23 pm »
ooh let us know how you get  on...

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7494 on: September 16, 2017, 12:32:10 am »

Enjoyed the 1st 2 seasons but the latest one is a pile of shite.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #7495 on: September 16, 2017, 01:13:31 am »

I just watched the first few enjoying it so far.

Didnt realise it was on its 4th series I thought it was just beginning its 2nd.

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #7496 on: September 16, 2017, 01:16:52 am »
Enjoying Ozark, 6 episodes in now.
Y.N.W.A.

Online Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #7497 on: September 16, 2017, 01:17:32 am »
Some classic TV tonight on c4s The crystal maze the Cosplay team were so bad they were brilliant so many LOL moments.

Brilliant TV.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/lbhnmwosgBo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/lbhnmwosgBo</a>

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #7498 on: September 16, 2017, 01:31:47 am »

Enjoyed the 1st series as it reminded me after Saturday evening type programme back in the day. Your A Team/Knightrider/Street Hawk etc type programmes, but was watching so much other stuff I binned it off. I believe this series is the last so I may start to watch it again to see how they wrap it up.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #7499 on: September 16, 2017, 01:32:04 am »
Enjoying Ozark, 6 episodes in now.

Great prog, I enjoyed it.

Offline Pepe Silvia

• Anny Roader
  • real ale chilled she'll tell shell
« Reply #7500 on: September 16, 2017, 08:22:24 am »
I can't believe I just watched 8 episodes of something in one go. But man, that was some seriously funny shit.

#whodrewthedicks

Offline Pepe Silvia

• Anny Roader
  • real ale chilled she'll tell shell
« Reply #7501 on: September 16, 2017, 09:10:17 am »
Seriously though: American Vandal on Netflix. It's a parody on true crime shows like Making of a Murderer and Serial and it starts off being pretty damn hilarious. Hence the comment. And it maintains that throughout (just laughing now thinking of some of the moments in it). But it doesn't take long to get caught up in the mystery because it's very cleverly put together. Would highly recommend.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7502 on: September 16, 2017, 09:14:17 am »
Some classic TV tonight on c4s The crystal maze the Cosplay team were so bad they were brilliant so many LOL moments.

Brilliant TV.

:lmao Poor thing
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #7503 on: September 16, 2017, 10:19:04 am »
:lmao Poor thing

They were so close to winning 0 secs in the cube.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #7504 on: September 16, 2017, 10:27:33 am »
I can't believe I just watched 8 episodes of something in one go. But man, that was some seriously funny shit.

#whodrewthedicks
I mentioned this in my series to watch this month post....I'll wait till I'm back home before I watch it. I'm glad it's as funny as I hoped.

Eighth episodes on one night...I've watched two seasons of Vikings in a night...you're just playing at it. ;D

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #7505 on: September 16, 2017, 06:43:42 pm »
Nathan For You is back in 5 days, just a reminder. Can't wait, by the looks of the trailer it looks like another belter of a season.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #7506 on: September 16, 2017, 07:30:59 pm »
Great prog, I enjoyed it.

Its a nice find as I did not know of it until my cousin put me onto it. 6 Eps in now.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #7507 on: September 16, 2017, 07:42:27 pm »
Nathan For You is back in 5 days, just a reminder. Can't wait, by the looks of the trailer it looks like another belter of a season.

Yea boi...one for me and the daughter to watch together.

Its a nice find as I did not know of it until my cousin put me onto it. 6 Eps in now.

You going to box it off tonight?

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #7508 on: September 16, 2017, 08:29:17 pm »
You going to box it off tonight?

No All Ireland Football Final tomorrow and Dublin are in it so watching the Live night before Show tonight on it.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #7509 on: September 17, 2017, 09:54:09 am »
No All Ireland Football Final tomorrow and Dublin are in it so watching the Live night before Show tonight on it.

Fair do kid. Theres always tonight.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #7510 on: September 17, 2017, 10:22:13 am »
Finished Snowfall, the John Singleton hood/ drug drama / look at the rise of the crack epidemic in 1980's LA....maybe guilty of trying to cram too much into each episode (it follows three separate, seemingly unrelated protagonists) ...and flags a little mid-season, but it finishes strongly and more than deserves the second season which has already been announced ....good cast, but the star of the show is undoubtedly the young good-kid-turning-bad character 'Franklin' who the show mainly revolves around...was convinced he was an unknown kid from the projects in his first acting role...so my reaction to hearing that he's actually from Peckham(!) was similar to that when my jaw hit the deck when I realised that Stringer Bell was actually from Hackney...very impressive young actor...Damson Idris...destined to follow in his (sort of) namesake's footsteps and no mistake
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #7511 on: September 17, 2017, 02:56:20 pm »
That Crystal Maze clip is incredible. Poor Rob. The new series is pretty good then?

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7512 on: September 17, 2017, 04:33:53 pm »
Anyone watching Norsemen on Netflix? Sort of a Norwegian Vikings spoof. Only watched the first episode, but it was decent.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7513 on: September 18, 2017, 02:17:48 pm »
Watched first 3 parts of 2015 ITV crime thriller 'Safehouse' on demand last night. Really good as is most stuff with Chris Ecclestone in.

Watching final part tonight.

Well worth a watch if your stuck for something.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #7514 on: September 19, 2017, 11:35:47 am »
Watched first 3 parts of 2015 ITV crime thriller 'Safehouse' on demand last night. Really good as is most stuff with Chris Ecclestone in.

Watching final part tonight.

Well worth a watch if your stuck for something.

Still waiting for the new series. At this rate, I don't think it will ever come out. Ecclestone left the show btw because of disagreements with the producers or something like that.

Also eagerly waiting for the new series of The A Word.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7515 on: September 19, 2017, 11:41:36 am »
Still waiting for the new series. At this rate, I don't think it will ever come out. Ecclestone left the show btw because of disagreements with the producers or something like that.

Also eagerly waiting for the new series of The A Word.

The new series started a couple of weeks go on ITV!!

The ending of the first series was absolutely shite.  It gets pretty much slated all over the Internet.

Offline Wigwamdelbert

• Well wickidd, innit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7516 on: September 19, 2017, 02:34:05 pm »
No-one watching The Sinner??
Some pretty messed up themes, but in all a good twist on the procedure murder genre. Excellent turns from Jessica Biel and Bill Pullman.
Every man has a dream

Some just can't be spoken of in polite company

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #7517 on: September 19, 2017, 07:11:38 pm »
The Deuce renewed for a second go.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #7518 on: September 19, 2017, 07:14:12 pm »
And this started the other day.

Philip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8mLR1IlTeqs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8mLR1IlTeqs</a>

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7519 on: September 20, 2017, 10:06:46 am »
And this started the other day.

Philip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8mLR1IlTeqs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8mLR1IlTeqs</a>

Found the first episode to be very dull...
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.