Author Topic: Prometheus: Ridley Scott's Alien Prequel  (Read 102906 times)

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
Re: Prometheus: Ridley Scott's Alien Prequel
« Reply #680 on: May 8, 2012, 12:06:57 pm »
What's an R? Is that an 18?

http://www.mpaa.org/ratings/what-each-rating-means

R — Restricted. Children Under 17 Require Accompanying Parent or Adult Guardian. An R-rated motion picture, in the view of the Rating Board, contains some adult material. An R-rated motion picture may include adult themes, adult activity, hard language, intense or persistent violence, sexually-oriented nudity, drug abuse or other elements, so that parents are counseled to take this rating very seriously. Children under 17 are not allowed to attend R-rated motion pictures unaccompanied by a parent or adult guardian. Parents are strongly urged to find out more about R-rated motion pictures in determining their suitability for their children. Generally, it is not appropriate for parents to bring their young children with them to R-rated motion pictures.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #681 on: May 8, 2012, 12:21:26 pm »
woot
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #682 on: May 8, 2012, 12:22:49 pm »
http://www.mpaa.org/ratings/what-each-rating-means

R — Restricted. Children Under 17 Require Accompanying Parent or Adult Guardian. An R-rated motion picture, in the view of the Rating Board, contains some adult material. An R-rated motion picture may include adult themes, adult activity, hard language, intense or persistent violence, sexually-oriented nudity, drug abuse or other elements, so that parents are counseled to take this rating very seriously. Children under 17 are not allowed to attend R-rated motion pictures unaccompanied by a parent or adult guardian. Parents are strongly urged to find out more about R-rated motion pictures in determining their suitability for their children. Generally, it is not appropriate for parents to bring their young children with them to R-rated motion pictures.

Cheers - and thanks as well Mart.

So does that mean that America doesn't have an actual 18 certificate?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #683 on: May 8, 2012, 12:26:42 pm »

They have NC-17 which enforces no-one under that age. Its considered the kiss of death for a commercial film. No way Prometheus or any huge blockbuster would ever allow themselves to get that rating.

Funny thing about the US is that they don't mind explicit violence so much as.........nudity and sex. You can blow fifteen people away but give a blow-job to one of them: that's a no no!

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #684 on: May 8, 2012, 12:32:55 pm »

It has NC-17, which means that anyone 17 or younger will not be admitted.  So I suppose that's the equivalent.  After that a film is unrated.

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #685 on: May 8, 2012, 12:38:03 pm »
At least it'll be a tad stronger than the PG everyone was fearing, then.

A 15's fine by me; there're plenty of intense flicks with that certificate in my collection. And there doesn't really need to be any sexy stuff... unless it's a xenomorph doing it at some stage of its life cycle, of course.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #686 on: May 8, 2012, 01:01:53 pm »
Time to 'fess up. I have never seen any of the Alien films because I am a big girl's blouse when it comes to horror movies. However I'm a complete sucker for 'near future' stuff like Outland, Bladerunner, etc. So I'm excited about this and will take a cushion to hide behind when appropriate.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #687 on: May 8, 2012, 01:41:38 pm »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/9251513/Prometheus-to-be-rated-R-in-the-US.html

Prometheus to be rated R in the US
20th Century Fox has confirmed that it will not edit Ridley Scott's Alien prequel in order to secure a PG-13 rating.

After a weekend of speculation, 20th Century Fox has confirmed that Prometheus, the prequel to Alien, will have an R rating in the US.

Director Ridley Scott had recently suggested that the final film may end up being edited by studio executives to ensure a PG-13 rating. With the film having a budget of $100 million, it was anticipated that the studio would want a big a return on it as possible.

In the US, an R rating means that no one under the age of 17 can buy a ticket without being accompanied by an adult. This limitation can naturally impact ticket sales but it seems that 20th Century Fox are standing by the film that Scott has made.

It is an unusual decision as big-budget R-rated blockbusters are rarely seen these days as studios demand bigger and bigger returns on their investment.

The studio confirmed that the film’s strict rating given by MPAA was for its use of “sci-fi violence including some intense images, and brief language”. 20th Century Fox CEO Tom Rothman told the film website Collider that, regardless of the rating, “the film will not be compromised either way”.

Much though this may be bad news for sci-fi-loving children, for purists who do not want to see the film diluted this news has been welcome. Buzz has been growing around the prequel for months, with seemingly endless teaser trailers being released and large amounts of online speculation about the film’s plot.

The film is likely to receive a 15 rating in the UK, although this has not yet been confirmed.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline mart356

• Lucas Leiva, midfield saviour. Dejan Lover
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #688 on: May 8, 2012, 02:20:58 pm »
But yeah, its a bold move keeping it rated R, but its a very good move, the film will be more like alien in its violence, which I think will improve the film.

royhendo

« Reply #689 on: May 8, 2012, 03:04:01 pm »
I'm in. 6th June. BFI Imax on a 3D tip. Gonna have to wear teri-towelling strides.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #690 on: May 8, 2012, 03:19:36 pm »
I'm in. 6th June. BFI Imax on a 3D tip. Gonna have to wear teri-towelling strides.

June 6th. Pah.

I've taken the day off to see it's first airing on June 1st. Then I'm staying in the piccies and watching it again. With ale. And the missus!

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #691 on: May 8, 2012, 03:33:16 pm »
Time to 'fess up. I have never seen any of the Alien films because I am a big girl's blouse when it comes to horror movies. However I'm a complete sucker for 'near future' stuff like Outland, Bladerunner, etc. So I'm excited about this and will take a cushion to hide behind when appropriate.
You should do them mate. The 1st one is pretty dated (IMO) nowadays, and the atmospheric tension that people mention just isnt there (for me). The 2nd one is more of an action. Less said about the 3rd one the better. And I cant remember the 4th one!
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Vintage Nerd

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #692 on: May 8, 2012, 03:37:17 pm »

The 4 disc version of the Quadrilogy is available for 9.99 on Blu Ray on Play at the moment
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

Hunter S. Thompso
n

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #693 on: May 8, 2012, 03:47:41 pm »
The 4 disc version of the Quadrilogy is available for 9.99 on Blu Ray on Play at the moment

Ł17.49 from what I can see. Was going to purchase at Ł9.99.

Still might.

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #694 on: May 8, 2012, 04:04:58 pm »
That looks like the 6 disc edition. Will have a look for the 4 disc one, unless you could be kind enough to supply a link.

Ta.

Online lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #695 on: May 8, 2012, 04:26:04 pm »

I've gone for that screen as well; should be like having your eye-balls lightly gouged by beautiful Ridley Scott images.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #696 on: May 8, 2012, 05:33:13 pm »

Do you honestly expect a man who has never seen Aliens to own a Blu Ray Player? When I see Blu Ray I automatically think of Ray Charles. ;D

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #697 on: May 8, 2012, 05:50:57 pm »
Do you honestly expect a man who has never seen Aliens to own a Blu Ray Player? When I see Blu Ray I automatically think of Ray Charles. ;D
You're an easily frightened dinosaur.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline 1892-WELLZ

• Water-based lubricants, friend or foe? You be the judge....has also dabbled with deep heat...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Drew Barrymore showed me her fondue set once...
« Reply #698 on: May 8, 2012, 06:09:08 pm »
That looks like the 6 disc edition. Will have a look for the 4 disc one, unless you could be kind enough to supply a link.

Ta.

http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/-/2693/1960/-/27992711/Alien-Anthology/Product.html?cpage=1

and that is an absolute steal....

Twitter - @CptChaos
PSN - Wellz-1892
i know a lad that shagged twins, i asked him how he could tell the difference , he told me the lad had a mussy.

Offline Casablancas

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #699 on: May 8, 2012, 10:47:46 pm »
Does that include the special features?

Think I paid Ł50ish when it first came out on Blu Ray, also have the Anthology on DVD. The docus for each film are truly excellent, by far the best I've ever seen on a DVD/Blu Ray release. Around a 2 hour making of with each film, with 2 versions of each film. As well as tons of other stuff.
Without the sunglasses, Weekend at Bernie's would have been a very dark, strange tale.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #700 on: May 8, 2012, 11:31:36 pm »

You're dead to me.

Now get out of the thread.

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #702 on: May 9, 2012, 11:09:06 am »
You're an easily frightened dinosaur.

But he'll be back. And in greater numbers.
« Last Edit: May 9, 2012, 01:44:12 pm by Andy @ Allerton »

Online lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #703 on: May 9, 2012, 01:07:55 pm »
UK confirmation:

"Fox confirms there will be no edit to Prometheus to secure a lower rating, it will be a 15.”

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #704 on: May 9, 2012, 01:20:21 pm »
June 6th. Pah.

I've taken the day off to see it's first airing on June 1st. Then I'm staying in the piccies and watching it again. With ale. And the missus!
You going to the midnight showing?
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #705 on: May 9, 2012, 01:43:30 pm »
You going to the midnight showing?

13:00 is the earliest it's on around us

Offline Tomaldinho

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • camina, camina, con esperanza de tu corazon
« Reply #706 on: May 9, 2012, 03:13:12 pm »
Cast for this looks amazing
@TomNJones on Twitter

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #707 on: May 9, 2012, 03:23:37 pm »

Offline Stevie-A

• Castration Obsessed Latin Grammar Pedant
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Bronte ten bob eyes boxing club.
« Reply #708 on: May 9, 2012, 05:44:43 pm »
Confirmed as a UK 15, without cuts. http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=33910 This is a good thing indeed.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #709 on: May 9, 2012, 05:48:25 pm »
UK confirmation:

"Fox confirms there will be no edit to Prometheus to secure a lower rating, it will be a 15.”
Confirmed as a UK 15, without cuts. http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=33910 This is a good thing indeed.

(I don't mean to be mean, I just needed a good excuse to post that gif :) )
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Stevie-A

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #710 on: May 9, 2012, 06:04:58 pm »
Oh cock  :o

Online lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #711 on: May 9, 2012, 10:18:34 pm »
Oh cock  :o

No that would make it an 18.............although Michael Fassbender is involved so you never know; robo-cock?

Offline Stevie-A

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #712 on: May 9, 2012, 10:21:40 pm »
This taking an unpredictable turn for the worst. Lesson learned; read earlier posts  :butt

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #713 on: May 10, 2012, 01:18:07 pm »
No that would make it an 18.............although Michael Fassbender is involved so you never know; robo-cock?

In 3D? Good god, that'd be the scariest part.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #714 on: May 10, 2012, 02:12:25 pm »
13:00 is the earliest it's on around us
They're showing it in the city centre at midnight, so I'm tempted to get my head down at our kid's flat and go see it.  Got work that day, so I probably shouldn't.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Online lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #715 on: May 10, 2012, 02:32:35 pm »
Looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts on this movie. At the moment its neck and neck with the Dark Knight Rises - for me - in anticipation levels.

Both films will have brilliant design: Prometheus makes great use of 3D and TDKR has one hour of IMAX-shot amazingness. Ridley Scott or Chris Nolan - luckily we don't have to choose  :champ

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #716 on: May 10, 2012, 04:00:00 pm »
Chris Nolan = meh.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #717 on: May 10, 2012, 04:22:27 pm »
If we did of course there'd only be one way to find out.......

And that would be to watch both these films, and having taken into account their previous cannon of films make an honest, critical assessment.

:D

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #718 on: May 10, 2012, 04:44:26 pm »
Chris Nolan = meh.

A lot more consistent than Ridley Scott
:D

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #719 on: May 10, 2012, 04:58:24 pm »
A lot more consistent than Ridley Scott

Wash your mouth out with alien goo