Author Topic: Dark Souls & Dark Souls 2  (Read 66941 times)

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
Re: Dark Souls & Dark Souls 2
« Reply #400 on: March 16, 2014, 04:02:51 pm »
Fuck off this is a waste of time! All I can see is my characters legs and head and hands. I played the first so know how it works and defo have a sword equipped in each hand.  Yet my torso is invisible along with any weapons.  And it has an attack animation like I have swords equipped but no damage is done to the enemies. All I can think of doing is deleting all files and restarting which ive already tried to do. Not started the game properly yet thank fuck so at least its right at the beginning. But this is a joke.  How a bug like this is around on release and considering we got it last is stupid.

Offline JohnHobbes

• Resident Expert Paronomasian
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #401 on: March 16, 2014, 04:10:15 pm »
I can't see that being true for me.
I have been doing everything with mouse and keyboard since 1996 or something like that.
Before that I did have a Sony thing, back when Sonic was still fun.
I did use a gamepad for that.
And maybe for the Commodore 64 too, I can't even remember.
Oh, and for the old Atari, when everything still looked like blocks.
God, I feel old ...
I've even seen Liverpool become League Champions a couple of times.
Let's hope we put in a good match today, so the youngsters get a chance to witness that too !

I'm a huge fan of mouse and keyboard too, I really prefer it sensitively-wise to a console pad, but I'd not evoke LFC to back up my argument!

When the developer itself suggests using a game pad then I'm seriously thinking of following that advice. For instance, the latest Hitman is doing my head in with so so many buttons to configure, which might be fine on a gamepad, but on a keyboard just causes RSI at best and otherwise sucks.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #402 on: March 16, 2014, 06:00:57 pm »
Hour of progress gone due to an accidental roll :(
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline JohnHobbes

• Resident Expert Paronomasian
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: March 16, 2014, 06:03:50 pm »
Hour of progress gone due to an accidental roll :(

Know that feeling all too well. :(

Offline kopitecrash

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #404 on: March 17, 2014, 04:19:22 pm »
First place I went was the tower of fire area. Fuck that place. Also, why are there tiny pigs in the home area? I saw like five bloodstains around those  :o
You could open a door with him, he's such a knob.

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: March 17, 2014, 10:19:22 pm »
First place I went was the tower of fire area. Fuck that place. Also, why are there tiny pigs in the home area? I saw like five bloodstains around those  :o

They are annoying little bastards! Dont know what purpose they serve!

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
  • 5 Times Baby! Make that 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #406 on: March 18, 2014, 01:18:39 am »
Yeah, they are annoying alright, I'm fairly sure I got a red cracked eye orb off one the other day...

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #407 on: March 18, 2014, 08:37:03 am »
yeah they drop red cracked eye orbs, annoying little bastards and you think they're gonna be an easy 1 shot kill, not worth the hassle for 20 souls and roughly a 10% chance of getting an orb

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: March 18, 2014, 02:28:09 pm »
item glitch for anyone who fancies it

Spoiler
read this elsewhere and it works but i've not got the timing down to a tee yet, also not sure what items are affected by it or if it works in all areas and i'm not going to use it with my main save

basically works by picking up an item then committing suicide and pressing the ps3 button and quitting the game as the "you died" message comes up, reload and the item should be in your inventory and still be available to pick up, tried it myself running through the first area to majula and getting the silky smooth stone, human effigy, torch, soul and flask shard then falling down the pit, when i reloaded all the items were still available to pick up, tried it again and it didn't work but it seemed to take ages for the menu to come up after pressing the ps3 button so might be the reason why
[close]

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: March 19, 2014, 01:00:12 am »
Is anyone else having problems with the on-line play? Today I placed my summon sign 9/10 times, got the message "You are being summoned" it then failed & afterwards I could not place my SS again until I quit the game and re-signed into the network...very frustrating! Also I have been playing for about 20 hours and have yet to be invaded...although that I can live with till I get my head round this  :D

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #410 on: March 19, 2014, 01:50:39 pm »
Absolutely loving this. 

Played about 16 hours so far in 2 days, opened up what looks to be about half of the areas, tracked through No-Man's Wharf (but haven't tried the boss yet as had a crazy amount of souls so bombed back to drop them off and level up) and most recently opened the path to Huntsman's Copse, which has been a lot of fun with a good variety of enemies.

Can't see me touching anything else until I've beaten it or it's beaten me.  Getting the ring that increases the amount of item burden you can stand without fat-rolling has been a game changer for me.  Heavy armour, heavy hat and heavy weapons all equipped = 69.9% burden.   :D
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: March 20, 2014, 06:22:45 am »
I'm finding it very difficult, Undead Burg/Parish was a walk in the park compared to the Forest of Fallen Giants. I think I've not leveled up enough thanks to losing so many souls. And enemies have stopped respawning in some of the areas.

I'm level 16 now, anyone remember what level they were on before facing the first boss?

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: March 20, 2014, 09:38:28 am »
around level 30, the boss is fairly easy to beat once you learn it's attacks, if you're struggling at level 16 then clear the run up to the fog gate and use a human effigy and summon another human player or 2, i wouldn't bother summoning a npc unless you're using magic or have a bow and a shit load of arrows as the boss tends to stomp the shit out of the npc and makes it difficult to get in close with melee weapons until the npc is dead, i got killed first attempt, 2nd i summoned the npc (pate i think?) which made it worse then managed to beat it by myself on the 3rd try

i've found it best to take your time and just clear out small areas until enemies stop spawning so you can get all the available souls instead of risking them, like in the forest of fallen giants i just cleared out the area around the 1st fire then moved up to the area at the top of the ladder, then up to the 2nd fire etc, just don't go pushing it, especially if you get killed and need to recover souls, the re-spawning limit has added a little bit more strategy to things so you can't just go legging it through an area thinking you can always make the souls up if you get killed and don't recover, also in areas where multiple enemies attack you try luring them back a bit outside their range of vision so just in case you get killed it's easier to recover instead of trying to get to your bloodstain while being attacked by 3 or 4 enemies at once

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: March 20, 2014, 10:45:09 pm »
around level 30, the boss is fairly easy to beat once you learn it's attacks, if you're struggling at level 16 then clear the run up to the fog gate and use a human effigy and summon another human player or 2, i wouldn't bother summoning a npc unless you're using magic or have a bow and a shit load of arrows as the boss tends to stomp the shit out of the npc and makes it difficult to get in close with melee weapons until the npc is dead, i got killed first attempt, 2nd i summoned the npc (pate i think?) which made it worse then managed to beat it by myself on the 3rd try

i've found it best to take your time and just clear out small areas until enemies stop spawning so you can get all the available souls instead of risking them, like in the forest of fallen giants i just cleared out the area around the 1st fire then moved up to the area at the top of the ladder, then up to the 2nd fire etc, just don't go pushing it, especially if you get killed and need to recover souls, the re-spawning limit has added a little bit more strategy to things so you can't just go legging it through an area thinking you can always make the souls up if you get killed and don't recover, also in areas where multiple enemies attack you try luring them back a bit outside their range of vision so just in case you get killed it's easier to recover instead of trying to get to your bloodstain while being attacked by 3 or 4 enemies at once

In a way id say the non respawning enemies has made it a little bit easier than the first game!

Just done the first boss now and seen your comments after and id say the same. Dont bother with the npc.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: March 21, 2014, 12:59:11 am »
Just grinded for a bit to Level 24 and beat him. Took about 10 tries mind.

Never saw pate's summon sign, must be some dialogue option that I missed or something.

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: March 21, 2014, 09:47:01 am »
In a way id say the non respawning enemies has made it a little bit easier than the first game!

Just done the first boss now and seen your comments after and id say the same. Dont bother with the npc.

yeah it's kind of made it easier in that you can clear out a path to a new area or a boss but it's also added that risk factor with a limited number of souls available, not a problem for those who are good enough to do speed runs at low levels, i'm the type that doesn't mind grinding so if i'm having problems with a boss i'll just go and level up for couple of hours then come back and tank it so really have to think about it now instead of rushing through

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: March 21, 2014, 11:56:31 am »
Theyve also gone a bit odd with the enemy design.  A boss with what looks like an arsehole for a mouth and anyone come against those things with massive ball sacks?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 12:32:42 pm by macca007 »

Offline kopitecrash

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: March 23, 2014, 02:52:28 pm »
Struggling with the Ornstein-Lookalike. (Second boss under the tower of flame)

Summon Two Mates to help me kill him.

He kills us all.

:'(

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: March 24, 2014, 02:34:09 pm »
Struggling with the Ornstein-Lookalike. (Second boss under the tower of flame)

Summon Two Mates to help me kill him.

He kills us all.

:'(

you mean the old dragonslayer?

he's pretty easy to beat, also it's optional and you only need to beat him if you want to get to the blue covenant master

Spoiler
use the most stable shield you can, i'm using the old kinght's shield which blocks a lot of physical damage but it needs fairly high strength and equip burden which suits my current build, the royal kite shield should work well also if you found steady hand mcduff in the lost bastille, i also used the heide knight sword dropped by the white knight sat under the tree as it does lightning damage, also upgraded it a couple of times

to beat him just lock on and keep strafing behind with your shield raised then get 2 or 3 hits in when he pauses, just watch for him jumping in the air to do his magic attack and just roll back 2 or 3 times to dodge it
[close]

Offline kopitecrash

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: March 25, 2014, 04:54:15 pm »
you mean the old dragonslayer?

he's pretty easy to beat, also it's optional and you only need to beat him if you want to get to the blue covenant master

Spoiler
use the most stable shield you can, i'm using the old kinght's shield which blocks a lot of physical damage but it needs fairly high strength and equip burden which suits my current build, the royal kite shield should work well also if you found steady hand mcduff in the lost bastille, i also used the heide knight sword dropped by the white knight sat under the tree as it does lightning damage, also upgraded it a couple of times

to beat him just lock on and keep strafing behind with your shield raised then get 2 or 3 hits in when he pauses, just watch for him jumping in the air to do his magic attack and just roll back 2 or 3 times to dodge it
[close]

I'm a swordsman, so typically double sword wielding. I also suck  ;D Been using more sword and shield but the sucking is an inhibitor.

But I got past him - rolled my way through the guy in No Mans eventually, defeated the guys in the Bastille, and now I'm fighting the guy in the dark. He is not easy either, for basically the same reasons.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 04:56:15 pm by kopitecrash »

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #420 on: March 25, 2014, 06:08:22 pm »
I'm a swordsman, so typically double sword wielding. I also suck  ;D Been using more sword and shield but the sucking is an inhibitor.

But I got past him - rolled my way through the guy in No Mans eventually, defeated the guys in the Bastille, and now I'm fighting the guy in the dark. He is not easy either, for basically the same reasons.

guessing you mean the lost sinner?  Just got up to him aswell.  Tried fighting the rats in the fog (cant tell if it was a boss or not in the area), at the point where you drop down the crevasse, but eventually found it too difficult when losing stamina due to sheer numbers of them.  Tempted to give that another go soon tho as ive levelled a fair bit since the last attemp.  Other than that found all the areas around heides tower and no mans etc pretty easy.  Only just found them after wondering around again to see if any keys i'd found unlocked new areas and realised there was a hint next to the switch to open the door to heides tower.

Decent shields are more important than weapons for me.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 06:10:42 pm by macca007 »

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #421 on: March 25, 2014, 11:08:38 pm »
guessing you mean the lost sinner?  Just got up to him aswell.  Tried fighting the rats in the fog (cant tell if it was a boss or not in the area), at the point where you drop down the crevasse, but eventually found it too difficult when losing stamina due to sheer numbers of them.
Spoiler
If it's the bit I think you mean, then you don't need to kill all the rats.  They keep spawning, so just kill enough of them for the main rat to show up (he's got bristles on his back that make him stand out) and you can kill him in about 6 hits, depending on your spec.
[close]
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: March 26, 2014, 09:20:22 am »
Spoiler
If it's the bit I think you mean, then you don't need to kill all the rats.  They keep spawning, so just kill enough of them for the main rat to show up (he's got bristles on his back that make him stand out) and you can kill him in about 6 hits, depending on your spec.
[close]

Yeah thats the bit.

Spoiler
once the main one is dead do you still have to wipe out the remaining rats?
[close]

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #423 on: March 26, 2014, 01:17:29 pm »
Yeah thats the bit.

Spoiler
once the main one is dead do you still have to wipe out the remaining rats?
[close]

Spoiler
Nope.  He usually shows up near the door you came in through and you'll know he's there coz the big energy bar will appear at the bottom of the screen.

Once he's dead the rest of them will scuttle off and you'll meet the King of the Rats in the next room.  Talk to him, don't kill him! :)
[close]

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: March 26, 2014, 03:17:48 pm »
Spoiler
Nope.  He usually shows up near the door you came in through and you'll know he's there coz the big energy bar will appear at the bottom of the screen.

Once he's dead the rest of them will scuttle off and you'll meet the King of the Rats in the next room.  Talk to him, don't kill him! :)
[close]

Done that an now up to the royal rat authority! The other one was a piece of piss compared to this

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: March 27, 2014, 01:46:34 am »
I just made it to Shrine of Amana. Place looks incredible...not easy though!

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: April 2, 2014, 08:29:05 pm »
I hate the royal rat authority.  I hate you cant summon. I hate the 4 little toxic fuckers. I hate that I cant get it past 2/3rds damage.  But most of all I hate that gawping fucking tongue

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: April 3, 2014, 01:51:32 am »
I hate the royal rat authority.  I hate you cant summon. I hate the 4 little toxic fuckers. I hate that I cant get it past 2/3rds damage.  But most of all I hate that gawping fucking tongue

Fucker isn't he. The little ones too. My strategy was to run up to the point the small rats attack, time a use of pyromancy, Lingering Flame I think it's called. That generally took care of 3/4, allowing a fire longsword swipe to finish the last one and enough stamine to roll through the lunge that's about to hit you.

After that bit's down, you move on to the fight!

His move-set is actually quite readable, there are tells once you've had enough failed attempts :D

When his front-right paw draws back, he's gonna lunge. Learn the timing to roll dodge to the left. Opens the space & time for a ranged magic, miracle, throwable attack or a melee swipe or two.

The right and left paw, 1-2 sideways sweep is ok too. The first swing is quite easy to roll through, the second, from his left paw is tighter timing I think.

After that it's patience, stamina/shield management and discipline. Don't go searching for an extra hit. Two shots from him and you're probably going to be dead!

Awesome game, I'm at SL120

Just reset all my stats to try more swordplay, focussed str/dex - ended up using a Halberd. It's the tits.

Offline kopitecrash

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: April 3, 2014, 06:18:31 pm »
Team mates are carrying me through this game. Activated an effigy, found a new path, summoned a mate and together we climbed to the top of this tower, killing lots of dwarfs and an invader. Then came the rooftop boss fight... I have no idea how I got out alive. But I managed to get in a few strikes and our enemy fell dead. And there was me, with 40k of souls to spend. What I do without human effigy, I have no idea.

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: April 6, 2014, 06:47:27 pm »
Yessssss finally beat the fucker!!!!!!!! Boss day today!!!!

Offline kopitecrash

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #430 on: April 6, 2014, 09:34:57 pm »
Just discovered the scorpion lady. Fuck that.

Making a lot of progress though. Switches to two handed sword and suddenly you can cut through people much easier. Maybe I need more strength to make two handed work cause without knocking enemies off their poise theres no point having two handed I feel.

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: April 8, 2014, 12:17:24 pm »
Started playing the original Dark Souls a few weeks back, it's certainly a world away in difficulty compared to most modern games.  It's certainly not a bad thing either.

I've just made it to the Capra Demon who has given me a few good beatings.  Most people seem to say that running up the stairs buys you a bit of time to kill the dogs, at which point the fight is easier.  I'm not sure what I'm doing different but the bastard keeps legging it up the stairs as fast as me, pretty much knocking the dogs out of the way and not giving me a second.  I'm concerned I'm a bit under-powered so might go looking in some other areas first.

Offline High_Cotton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: April 8, 2014, 12:23:53 pm »
Yessssss finally beat the fucker!!!!!!!! Boss day today!!!!

Not that it'll help you now, but

Spoiler
I one shotted him with Chaos Firestorm with a +10 pyromancy flame.  I'd imagine it's possible to do the same with Firestorm or Fire Tempest.  All you really have to do is dodge his first attack so that you get under him.  Once you're there, cast and watch him cook.  Flame Swathe is a good alternative too.  It helps to have Hexer's or Saint's Hood though, as those give you additional casts.
[close]

Offline High_Cotton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: April 8, 2014, 12:36:54 pm »
Started playing the original Dark Souls a few weeks back, it's certainly a world away in difficulty compared to most modern games.  It's certainly not a bad thing either.

I've just made it to the Capra Demon who has given me a few good beatings.  Most people seem to say that running up the stairs buys you a bit of time to kill the dogs, at which point the fight is easier.  I'm not sure what I'm doing different but the bastard keeps legging it up the stairs as fast as me, pretty much knocking the dogs out of the way and not giving me a second.  I'm concerned I'm a bit under-powered so might go looking in some other areas first.

There's a ledge that you can walk onto once you're at the top of the stairs (to the right as you're looking at the stairs).  He can't get up there, so put your shield up when he attacks, and he should fall back down to the ground next to the stairs.

Also, he's weak to lightning, so if you apply some gold pine resin once you've dealt with the dogs, that should help.

What you'll find out about dark souls is that its all about learning the movement set/attacks of your enemies.  Once you get a grip on what they do based on where you are or how you're attacking, the game will be much easier. 

Keep in mind, dodging may prove to be a better idea than tanking depending on how much damage you can do (whether you can stagger the enemy) and how much health you have. 

The only thing with dodging is that you have to medium roll at the least (fast roll is better and NO fat rolling).  The reason rolling works so well, assuming you aren't fat rolling and you're timing your rolls well is that you are invulnerable for a particular amount of frames during a roll.  These are referred to as invincibility frames, or i-frames.  The faster your roll, the more i-frames you have.

Endurance impacts equip burden as well as stamina in Dark souls 1, so it's important to have enough of that to wear the armor you like.  If you don't, lose the armor.

And lastly, invest in your weapon.  Find one you like, and stick with it.   If you're always switching weapons, you're never really learning the moveset, and, in the early game, you're wasting valueable souls and upgrading materials.

Personally, I liked weapons with reach.  If you can get a (great) sword that can thrust, either as a power attack or as a normal attack, you can keep your distance, use your thrusting attack and then move/roll/dodge as necessary.

Lastly, DON'T BE GREEDY.  If all you can get is one attack before the opponent counters, take the one attack, evade your opponents and set up for your next opportunity.  Patience is truly a virtue.

Offline High_Cotton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: April 8, 2014, 12:43:01 pm »
Just discovered the scorpion lady. Fuck that.

Making a lot of progress though. Switches to two handed sword and suddenly you can cut through people much easier. Maybe I need more strength to make two handed work cause without knocking enemies off their poise theres no point having two handed I feel.

Some tips

She's not bad...
Spoiler
if you stay in front of her, she'll plant her stingers.  While they're planted,  you can get some free shots on her sides.

Keep in mind, you can chop her stingers off.  I wouldn't advise it though, as she gets really aggressive (moreso that she is at the beginning), and it can be hard to get attacks off without gimping your stamina and leaving yourself open.

There's an NPC that you can summon that can be of some assistance.  He'll also give you some nice rewards as you progress through that area.  You won't be able to talk to him unless you have a certain piece of equipment though.

And for pete's sake, don't attack him.
[close]

Offline High_Cotton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: April 8, 2014, 01:51:16 pm »
Awesome game, I'm at SL120

Just reset all my stats to try more swordplay, focussed str/dex - ended up using a Halberd. It's the tits.

Most endgame PVP in Dark Souls 2 is happening at ~SL150

Halberd is awesome.  It's got great range and a great r1 combo.  backstep r2 can be deadly.  Spin to win.

The only issue is that you have to have your spacing right.  If you don't hit with the axe end (but with the pole instead) you'll do less damage.

Also, depending in your stats, it'd be worth using an attunement slot for fire weapon.  It's a special pyro

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: April 9, 2014, 12:34:18 pm »
There's a ledge that you can walk onto once you're at the top of the stairs (to the right as you're looking at the stairs).  He can't get up there, so put your shield up when he attacks, and he should fall back down to the ground next to the stairs.

Also, he's weak to lightning, so if you apply some gold pine resin once you've dealt with the dogs, that should help.

What you'll find out about dark souls is that its all about learning the movement set/attacks of your enemies.  Once you get a grip on what they do based on where you are or how you're attacking, the game will be much easier. 

Keep in mind, dodging may prove to be a better idea than tanking depending on how much damage you can do (whether you can stagger the enemy) and how much health you have. 

The only thing with dodging is that you have to medium roll at the least (fast roll is better and NO fat rolling).  The reason rolling works so well, assuming you aren't fat rolling and you're timing your rolls well is that you are invulnerable for a particular amount of frames during a roll.  These are referred to as invincibility frames, or i-frames.  The faster your roll, the more i-frames you have.

Endurance impacts equip burden as well as stamina in Dark souls 1, so it's important to have enough of that to wear the armor you like.  If you don't, lose the armor.

And lastly, invest in your weapon.  Find one you like, and stick with it.   If you're always switching weapons, you're never really learning the moveset, and, in the early game, you're wasting valueable souls and upgrading materials.

Personally, I liked weapons with reach.  If you can get a (great) sword that can thrust, either as a power attack or as a normal attack, you can keep your distance, use your thrusting attack and then move/roll/dodge as necessary.

Lastly, DON'T BE GREEDY.  If all you can get is one attack before the opponent counters, take the one attack, evade your opponents and set up for your next opportunity.  Patience is truly a virtue.

Thanks for the tips, I managed to take out the Capra Demon while standing on the ledge.  A few times though he managed to hit and kill me when standing underneath!  The time I killed him he kept trying to attack me from the top of the stairs, fell down trying, and then let me plunge attack his stupid face. 

I haven't been able to find any better armour than what I started with.  I have got the drake sword which I think is good for a while?  I do have quite a bit of Titanite but don't want to waste it if I'm just going to find some superior gear around the corner.

Great game anyway.  Can't wait to see the back of the Undead Burg, I must have revived at that bonfire at least 200 times!

Offline kopitecrash

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: April 9, 2014, 03:10:47 pm »
Defeated the scorpion lady eventually. I also came across the Royal Authority - jesus christ. Beat him eventually - really it's the toxic rats that are the problem. Without anything to counter it they burn through a lot of estus if the toxin doesn't wipe you out - and there isn't much time to heal up.

I don't think I've got too much left to do before something big has to happen. All roads lead into the spiders pit.

Also I've been burning through my big souls to get soul level. I'll have to play again to get the cool equipment :( ;D

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: April 9, 2014, 07:31:09 pm »
I could have finished the game off about a week ago, but I have been going back over certain places to get items missed the first time. Also stocking up on arrows, upgrading weapons and armor and Co-op'ing!

Offline High_Cotton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: April 10, 2014, 12:54:38 pm »
Also I've been burning through my big souls to get soul level. I'll have to play again to get the cool equipment :( ;D

I do the same thing.  There's only a couple that I don't use.

Most probably won't suit you, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.  Further, there isn't an achievement/trophy for having everything in this game (except for sorceries, pyro, miracles and hexes, but most boss souls aren't tradeable for spells), so you're not hurting yourself.