Author Topic: Dark Souls & Dark Souls 2  (Read 67129 times)

Offline lachesis

• RAWK Scribe
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • МАРКСИСТ
Re: Dark Souls & Dark Souls 2
« Reply #280 on: June 5, 2013, 05:03:58 pm »
ummm...no. lol. Not done any of that. I went through the lower side of undead burg and there was a door I couldn't open as I needed a key. There was also some woman in a tunnel who I thought was a hollow and now hides at the other end crying and warning me away :?

I opened the shortcut to firelink then went straight to capra demon...

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
  • 5 Times Baby! Make that 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #281 on: June 5, 2013, 05:39:17 pm »
ummm...no. lol. Not done any of that. I went through the lower side of undead burg and there was a door I couldn't open as I needed a key. There was also some woman in a tunnel who I thought was a hollow and now hides at the other end crying and warning me away :?

I opened the shortcut to firelink then went straight to capra demon...

Uh oh...she was a merchant. sells poison/fire arrows and moss. Ah well, she'll wait until NG+ then you can talk to her again. If you have a decent upgrade spear/rapier (+3/4) use that when going into the capra demon. Sheid up while pressing R1 will take care of the first dog. Then switch to your best weapon for the rest of the fight. Also after killing the first dog, try and get up the stairs. Kill the second dog, then deal with the other thing with out the hassel!  :wave

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #283 on: June 11, 2013, 10:10:32 pm »
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/199cml/dark-souls-ii-first-take

Sounds great, as long as it doesn't stop punishing the player, I'm happy with it.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: June 11, 2013, 10:14:09 pm »
That level design bit sounds a bit worrying.

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: June 18, 2013, 03:10:29 pm »

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: July 11, 2013, 08:33:13 pm »
Beat Gwyn in under 15 secs on my first try. I love Solaire.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: July 11, 2013, 09:02:48 pm »
I've just reached Smough&Ornitologist.

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: July 12, 2013, 12:03:10 am »
That's one of those gaming moments that will be remembered for a long, long time!  8)

Offline DanFromMars

• Stays up all night playing cards. Henri Winterman cigars
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #290 on: July 12, 2013, 03:21:26 am »
This is Ģ4.99 on Steam at the mo. Excellent game for PC with the true 1080p and graphic mods available. Make sure you have a controller though!
Indie Retro Gaming News Site
http://www.indieretronews.com/

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: August 13, 2013, 02:00:17 pm »
A friend just told me the other day this was the sequel to Demons Souls which i loved at the time so better late than never but going to pick this up tonight, sounds good going from this thread.

Thought this was a totally different game with it being under a different name.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline JohnHobbes

• Resident Expert Paronomasian
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: August 13, 2013, 02:19:52 pm »
I've just reached Smough&Ornitologist.

Ugh, they are the most annoying bosses bar none. Especially with the hassles you have to face to get back to face them when you lose. I spent a long time fighting those fellows, and think I scared my partner when I let out a huge celebratory scream when I finally did it, as I had been taken down to around 2% health left and thought I'd screwed it up once again. Hope you did better than me!

Can't wait for Dark Souls 2.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: August 13, 2013, 02:30:31 pm »
They're not too difficult if you summon Solaire although I still needed a few attempts.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline JohnHobbes

• Resident Expert Paronomasian
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: August 13, 2013, 04:56:14 pm »
They're not too difficult if you summon Solaire although I still needed a few attempts.

Think my first run or two I tried it by myself and get duly slaughtered, though I did take one down each time IIRC. Think once I got Solaire involved then it still took a few runs as he was sometimes destroyed by them in just 30s and I was not much better off than before.

Pain for that bit is that you have a whole load of enemies between you and the boss fight, and as a magic user with not a huge amount of clout then I was always having to be careful not to waste spells on the way. Thank god for position arrows though it was painfully slow as a result.

Offline DanFromMars

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #295 on: August 13, 2013, 05:33:13 pm »
Killed them on my first go with Black Knight Halbred.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: August 13, 2013, 07:40:04 pm »
Well I got Gwyn and the Capra Demon on first attempts!   :D

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: August 14, 2013, 08:51:44 am »

Ha, yeah! BKH slices through Smough's fat face!

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: August 14, 2013, 09:09:48 am »
I'm doing a DEX build with upgraded Balder side sword.
Kind of stopped playing this after reaching these S&O twats.
Have to pick it up later but there is too much summer around to waste time on videogames right now.

Offline DanFromMars

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #299 on: August 14, 2013, 05:03:34 pm »
Well I got Gwyn and the Capra Demon on first attempts!   :D

I went to CD quite late and spanked him hard. Think I was already beating the CD monsters in the underground cave then I stumbled upon him as a boss. Must have missed him. Got battered by Gwyn first time though, didn't realise he was the last boss so left him for a bit then spanked him on my second go. Think I had like 17 flasks left :)

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: August 23, 2013, 01:18:58 pm »

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: September 5, 2013, 11:34:38 am »

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: September 7, 2013, 12:42:10 pm »
Dark Souls 2 PS3 beta begins on 12th October

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-05-dark-souls-2-ps3-beta-begins-on-12th-october

i've been trying to reg for this for two days but cant, anybody else get any joy?

Online FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: September 7, 2013, 01:54:32 pm »
think so but not 100% sure

i've selected it on the store and it went through the purchase screens and a download started, you get nothing on the xmb but it's showing as purchased in the store & it's in my services list

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: September 7, 2013, 11:44:43 pm »
think so but not 100% sure

i've selected it on the store and it went through the purchase screens and a download started, you get nothing on the xmb but it's showing as purchased in the store & it's in my services list
Ah OK, thanks.  I'll give it another go then!

Offline bosnian brigade

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • In the age of information ignorance is a choice
« Reply #305 on: October 29, 2013, 05:58:07 am »
I thought I would be able to stay away from Dark Souls since I had recently platinumed it. Alas, it is not the case.

I recently started another character to do a SL1 run through. Currently stuck and infuriated with Ornstein and Smough. They kill me pretty easily. I am stuck with using reinforced club, which is useless against them, and pyromancies. Blocking is futile pretty much, so I have to constantly dodge. Closest I got was killing Smough, but giant Orn destroys me. I can't even imagine how hard 4 kings will be, if I EVER beat O&S .

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: October 29, 2013, 07:39:17 am »
4 kings is the far easier boss fight.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: October 29, 2013, 08:14:47 am »
Is the DS2 coming out for PS4?

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: November 4, 2013, 09:50:34 am »
Is the DS2 coming out for PS4?

They said no plans yet, that's why I'll be sticking with ps3 for a good while yet!

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: January 15, 2014, 12:10:17 pm »
http://m.youtube.com/results?q=dark+souls+2+trailer&sm=1 :lickin 14/03/14 cannot come quick enough  8)                               
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 12:13:30 pm by Living Legends »

Offline DanFromMars

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #310 on: January 16, 2014, 08:40:42 pm »
Can't wait for the game, but that was a crap trailer. Just doesn't seem as 'grand' as the first game, but that's just a trailer anyway. heard the game is supposed to be rather good indeed.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Seņor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #311 on: January 17, 2014, 01:53:56 am »
New screens look terrible, but the ones released by FROM always have. PC version could be delayed to May 31st as well, in which case I'll have to settle for PS3. I can handle a 2 week wait, not 10 though

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=752909

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: January 20, 2014, 01:45:24 pm »
Its gonna be EPIC, I just knows it!  :D

Offline DanFromMars

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #313 on: January 20, 2014, 02:00:47 pm »
Sucks about the PC date, but I shall wait. Apparently it's the lead platform, which hopefully should mean good things. The game designers says veterans of the series won't find it as difficult because they know how to play the game now; how the combat and mechanics work, so it'll never be as hard as your first time playing a DS game.

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: January 20, 2014, 04:25:29 pm »
Why is the PC version being pushed back?

I heard a few people saying it plays more like Demon Souls rather than dark Souls, and as a result is harder...we shall see I guess.
But certainly when it comes to summoning help...it wont be as easy as Dark Souls, where you could essentially get two really good players to complete a level for you. So from that point of view alone, its gonna be harder. Plus you can be invaded all the time now & each time you die you lose 10% of your life to as much as 50% of your life is gone...sounds like its gonna be a blood bath to me!  ;D

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #315 on: February 12, 2014, 12:36:05 pm »
Finally got round to Dark Souls.

I'm enjoying it, I think. Obviously it's unforgiving, but much like games when I was younger I keep coming back for more. Though I'm not entirely sure why.

I must have pressed Alt+F4 in rage about 10 times last night, but then I go to the Dark Souls Wiki out of curiosity and before I know it I'm compelled to try something new.

Not sure what to make of it all, I feel I'm reading tips and information too much. Is that a thing?  :-\
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 12:38:37 pm by Kashinoda »
:D

Online FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: February 12, 2014, 07:33:42 pm »
Finally got round to Dark Souls.

I'm enjoying it, I think. Obviously it's unforgiving, but much like games when I was younger I keep coming back for more. Though I'm not entirely sure why.

I must have pressed Alt+F4 in rage about 10 times last night, but then I go to the Dark Souls Wiki out of curiosity and before I know it I'm compelled to try something new.

Not sure what to make of it all, I feel I'm reading tips and information too much. Is that a thing?  :-\

maybe, first off the game doesn't give too much away and with it being more open world compared to demon's souls plus loads of short cuts to open up it can be a bit difficult to know where to go without reading up

as for general tips the main problem is there's a lot of different approaches to tackling it and people giving info on what works for them so it's best to try and settle on a playing style that suits you then look for info on suitable weapons and character builds, for instance i like to tank my way through using a big shield and trying to one hit the majority of enemies, i also use a bow to lure individuals out of a pack as most of my builds tend to be a bit on the clunky side and struggle being attacked by multiple enemies, i really struggle using pyromancy/magic due to the time it takes to cast so avoid anything to do with it

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #317 on: February 14, 2014, 07:55:19 am »
maybe, first off the game doesn't give too much away and with it being more open world compared to demon's souls plus loads of short cuts to open up it can be a bit difficult to know where to go without reading up

as for general tips the main problem is there's a lot of different approaches to tackling it and people giving info on what works for them so it's best to try and settle on a playing style that suits you then look for info on suitable weapons and character builds, for instance i like to tank my way through using a big shield and trying to one hit the majority of enemies, i also use a bow to lure individuals out of a pack as most of my builds tend to be a bit on the clunky side and struggle being attacked by multiple enemies, i really struggle using pyromancy/magic due to the time it takes to cast so avoid anything to do with it

haha I've been pretty much playing the same way so far, working well for me. Though I did level up my strength and dexterity too much at the start so I'm having to play catch up with endurance at the moment. Currently set up with Elite Night armour set, Knight Shield and the Drake Sword, I did manage to slay the Black Knight on top of the tower in Undead Parish but no where near the strength to use the Greatsword he dropped.

Killed the Gargoyles and Butterfly but not entirely sure where to head next. Other than that I'm liking it a lot, very addictive.

Also looks fantastic on PC once you mod it.
http://imageshack.com/a/img850/8112/o4bt.png

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: February 14, 2014, 08:27:10 am »
haha I've been pretty much playing the same way so far, working well for me. Though I did level up my strength and dexterity too much at the start so I'm having to play catch up with endurance at the moment. Currently set up with Elite Night armour set, Knight Shield and the Drake Sword, I did manage to slay the Black Knight on top of the tower in Undead Parish but no where near the strength to use the Greatsword he dropped.

Killed the Gargoyles and Butterfly but not entirely sure where to head next. Other than that I'm liking it a lot, very addictive.

Also looks fantastic on PC once you mod it.
http://imageshack.com/a/img850/8112/o4bt.png
The Drake Sword is a great weapon at the beginning but you should definitely switch to Black Knight Greatsword when you can. It's enough for the rest of the game.

Haven't played it in a while but I think the Capra Demon is next  ;D. Keep yourself as light as possible when you're facing him.

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #319 on: February 14, 2014, 12:45:04 pm »
The Drake Sword is a great weapon at the beginning but you should definitely switch to Black Knight Greatsword when you can. It's enough for the rest of the game.

Haven't played it in a while but I think the Capra Demon is next  ;D. Keep yourself as light as possible when you're facing him.

Fucking Capra Demon, those mother fucking dogs :no It's the only time I felt the game was just being unfair, I got pinned in near the entrance at every attempt. I gave up and just chucked Dung Pies over the wall until he was poisoned to death, didn't even go through the fog ;D

I'm onto the Gaping Dragon now, died a few times so far but I feel running naked is the key.