Author Topic: General Manchester City thread  (Read 3450898 times)

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
Re: General Manchester City thread
« Reply #16240 on: May 31, 2017, 01:18:37 pm »
They will want a front 3 so Aguero, Jesus, Sterling, Sane and Sanchez would rotate those positions and De Bruyne, David Silva, Silva, Fernandinho and Gundogan would rotate the midfield positions.

Apparently he wants another midfielder as well. How you keep all those players happy i don't know.

Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, PSG and Bayern all have so many top players which don't get a game, that's how it is. Why should it be any different for ManCity, ManUtd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool? You can't keep all the players happy. That's not the goal, the goal is to win. And you win by having the best squads, which means that some quality players will be on the bench.

Here a list of players who didn't even start 15 games for the respective Champions of the top 5 leagues in Europe (and Barca for good measure), but undoubtedly have great quality:

- Batshuayi (Chelsea)
- Zouma (Chelsea)
- Fabregas (Chelsea)
- Dani Alves (Juventus)
- Benatia (Juventus)
- Ribéry (Bayern)
- Douglas Costa (Bayern)
- Coman (Bayern)
- Boateng (Bayern)
- Renato Sanches (Bayern)
- Draxler (PSG)
- Pastore (PSG)
- Krychowiak (PSG)
- James Rodriguez (Real Madrid)
- Pepe (Real Madrid)
- Morata (Real Madrid)
- Arda Turan (Barcelona)
- Iniesta (Barcelona)
- Digne (Barcelona)
- Alcacer (Barcelona)

If Liverpool signed any of those players, we'd all be over the moon. Except for Pepe, Ribéry and Iniesta maybe, because they are too old, but all the others are very good players and would be strenghtening our first 11...
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #16241 on: May 31, 2017, 02:39:24 pm »
Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, PSG and Bayern all have so many top players which don't get a game, that's how it is. Why should it be any different for ManCity, ManUtd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool? You can't keep all the players happy. That's not the goal, the goal is to win. And you win by having the best squads, which means that some quality players will be on the bench.

Here a list of players who didn't even start 15 games for the respective Champions of the top 5 leagues in Europe (and Barca for good measure), but undoubtedly have great quality:

- Batshuayi (Chelsea)
- Zouma (Chelsea)
- Fabregas (Chelsea)
- Dani Alves (Juventus)
- Benatia (Juventus)
- Ribéry (Bayern)
- Douglas Costa (Bayern)
- Coman (Bayern)
- Boateng (Bayern)
- Renato Sanches (Bayern)
- Draxler (PSG)
- Pastore (PSG)
- Krychowiak (PSG)
- James Rodriguez (Real Madrid)
- Pepe (Real Madrid)
- Morata (Real Madrid)
- Arda Turan (Barcelona)
- Iniesta (Barcelona)
- Digne (Barcelona)
- Alcacer (Barcelona)

If Liverpool signed any of those players, we'd all be over the moon. Except for Pepe, Ribéry and Iniesta maybe, because they are too old, but all the others are very good players and would be strenghtening our first 11...

But Sanchez, Aguero and Jesus are all on another level to those players - Sanchez and Aguero are world class and Jesus doesn't appear to be too far behind.

How many of those attacking players would start for City? None of them IMO.

And didn't Draxler just sign for PSG in January?!

They are all mostly good players, some very very good but when you look at what City have, they have riches on a different scale IMO. That's if Sanchez even signs for them, which I am not convinced by at all.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16242 on: May 31, 2017, 02:44:59 pm »
Dani Alves started more than 15 and he is like 34 years old, Digne started more than 15, Iniesta started more than 15, Zouma was out injured, Draxler just joined PSG, Boateng injured, Benatia injured, Ribery injured, Pepe injured.

of those you mentioned only really Renato Sanchez, Batshuayi, Douglas Costa and Cesc Fabregas were overlooked. edit; oh James who looks like he will be moved on
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 02:48:38 pm by ggcc14 »
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #16243 on: May 31, 2017, 03:07:39 pm »
But Sanchez, Aguero and Jesus are all on another level to those players - Sanchez and Aguero are world class and Jesus doesn't appear to be too far behind.

How many of those attacking players would start for City? None of them IMO.

And didn't Draxler just sign for PSG in January?!

They are all mostly good players, some very very good but when you look at what City have, they have riches on a different scale IMO. That's if Sanchez even signs for them, which I am not convinced by at all.
I think most players on this list would at least be decent squad members for City... Or an upgrade to current squad members. Aguero is injured for half the season anyway, Jesus hasn't proven anything so far and Sanchez is a key player at another big club.

Dani Alves started more than 15 and he is like 34 years old, Digne started more than 15, Iniesta started more than 15, Zouma was out injured, Draxler just joined PSG, Boateng injured, Benatia injured, Ribery injured, Pepe injured.

of those you mentioned only really Renato Sanchez, Batshuayi, Douglas Costa and Cesc Fabregas were overlooked. edit; oh James who looks like he will be moved on

I'm talking about the League only. If you start counting cup games they might have a few starts more, doesn't change the fact that all of those players weren't the regular starters for their clubs. Injured or not doesn't really matter in this scenario, it's actually another point why you should have a bigger squad anyway.
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16244 on: May 31, 2017, 11:00:59 pm »
They best win the league next year with the players they are signing otherwise it's going to be rather embarrassing for pep.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #16245 on: May 31, 2017, 11:50:30 pm »
Biggest managerial shithouse in world football. Doesn't want to compete, wants it to be as comfortable as possible.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #16246 on: May 31, 2017, 11:52:42 pm »
where they really after Mbappe as well, or was that just yer usual gossip? May as well just buy the Monaco team and be done with  :P

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16247 on: June 1, 2017, 12:33:06 am »
Biggest managerial shithouse in world football. Doesn't want to compete, wants it to be as comfortable as possible.
Every manager wants it to be as comfortable as possible.

The amount of bitterness and hate towards Guardiola is quite bizarre on here to be honest.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #16248 on: June 1, 2017, 12:41:33 am »

The amount of bitterness and hate towards Guardiola is quite bizarre on here to be honest.
Not the likes of Klopp, Pocchettino, Benitez and many other who don't fear jobs where you have to build from scratch with not a lot of money.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16249 on: June 1, 2017, 12:46:34 am »
Not the likes of Klopp, Pocchettino, Benitez and many other who don't fear jobs where you have to build from scratch with not a lot of money.

Do you think Benitez would have turned down City for Newcastle?

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #16250 on: June 1, 2017, 12:48:51 am »
Do you think Benitez would have turned down City for Newcastle?
No but Pep would retire before working in a club with finite resources.

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Currently flying solo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • What planet is Garrincha from?
« Reply #16251 on: June 1, 2017, 12:54:41 am »

It's not just on here to be honest.

What would people have him do? Resign and suddenly take Blackpool to the top of European football? Is that the only way he can prove himself?

Managing City is no easier than managing Sunderland. Otherwise Fat Sam and Tony Pullis would be world class managers.
'You put Pele face-to-face with me and I'll tell him: Pelé - you, me, any so-and-so...we can't deal with Garrincha, he's better than all of us.' Eusebio

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #16252 on: June 1, 2017, 12:57:22 am »

Not every manager, some managers enjoy the challenge of going to a club that doesn't base everything on money. Look at our present manager he would have had the pick of where he went. But he was not interested in City, Chelsea or United he came to us, as he sensed we had something they didn't. Something they will never have no matter how much money they throw around this transfer window.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #16253 on: June 1, 2017, 01:01:29 am »

I don't hate him, I just don't have much respect for him, doesn't mean I don't think he should do the job, he's free to do whatever the hell he wants, but in the same way, doesnt mean everyone has to laud him. Everyone's free to their opinions eh, I am ok with people thinking he's the bees knees too. We just don't have to all agree!

I feel the same way as I do with Mourinho these days, even though Guardiola isn't a wanker like him, so that's why no hate, but I have little respect for either of them.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16254 on: June 1, 2017, 07:35:34 am »
I don't hate him, I just don't have much respect for him, doesn't mean I don't think he should do the job, he's free to do whatever the hell he wants, but in the same way, doesnt mean everyone has to laud him. Everyone's free to their opinions eh, I am ok with people thinking he's the bees knees too. We just don't have to all agree!

I feel the same way as I do with Mourinho these days, even though Guardiola isn't a wanker like him, so that's why no hate, but I have little respect for either of them.

I think he's a terrific manager. Well he was at Barcelona anyway - they were pretty successful before he arrived but he took a few risks like getting rid of Ronaldinho, promoting Busquets and not to mention the emergence of Messi, Xavi and Iniesta under and him took them onto another level with the style of football they played and the trophies he won.

Going to Bayern, whilst a relatively easy gig, is understandable too, a successful club but also a historic one and I could see him wanting to add to the legacy they had. Whether he did or not is up for debate, given he didn't win the Champions League.

Coming to Man City though, it's difficult to justify other than him wanting to be successful and looking at the easiest option to achieve that. He may say he's coming for the project, but virtually every club has a 'project', not every club has unlimited resources for that project. He's already spent £144m in his first season and not won anything, with only Sane and Jesus looking like justifying their fees, they're on course to spend more than that and more than anyone else this summer so in that respect, I don't think his successes at Man City will be viewed as anything but a bit meh.

He's turning into a chequebook manager, like you say, like Mourinho but like you I still find him more palatable than Mourinho because he's not as big an arse and his teams do at least play good football.
« Last Edit: June 1, 2017, 09:11:40 am by Hazell »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16255 on: June 1, 2017, 09:09:08 am »
Did you see their sneering chairman last night on Sly Sports News.

Talking about a quadruple or treble next season like it's a forgone conclusion.

So much pressure on Pep next season.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline zeven

• Citeh fan. Knuckle-dragging misogynistic gonk.
  • Main Stander
« Reply #16256 on: June 1, 2017, 03:32:50 pm »
Did you see their sneering chairman last night on Sly Sports News.

Talking about a quadruple or treble next season like it's a forgone conclusion.

So much pressure on Pep next season.
He used the word "Aspiratations"  Nothing wrong with that. I rather aspire to a triple than cement my position in top four. Where City has been for some years now

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #16257 on: June 1, 2017, 04:55:20 pm »
Ederson done deal - €40M

http://www.slbenfica.pt/30/news/info/t8JYPAn5zkKsW8hlgu_4Dg?language=pt-PT

Benfica only get 50% of the fee though...€20m for Benfica, €12m to Rio Ave and €8m to Jorge Mendes.
« Last Edit: June 1, 2017, 04:58:28 pm by PhilV »

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #16258 on: June 1, 2017, 05:08:45 pm »
Ederson done deal - €40M

http://www.slbenfica.pt/30/news/info/t8JYPAn5zkKsW8hlgu_4Dg?language=pt-PT

Benfica only get 50% of the fee though...€20m for Benfica, €12m to Rio Ave and €8m to Jorge Mendes.

Wow.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16259 on: June 2, 2017, 03:51:20 pm »
Wow.

No idea how many transfers like this he does per year, and perhaps any future money from contract extensions, etc but they guy must be loaded. Probably has as much or more money than the likes of Zlatan, Ronaldo, etc.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #16260 on: June 2, 2017, 06:29:59 pm »
How good is Ederson? Do we know he`s better than  Mignolet/Karius?

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16261 on: June 2, 2017, 07:10:55 pm »

Why you would even ask this question I don't know.  Not a fuck should be given.  Is he a player that is better than Bravo and will strengthen a rival?
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16262 on: June 2, 2017, 07:14:01 pm »

He is a backup for Alisson at the Brazilian national team. Who is a backup for Szczesny at AS Roma.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #16263 on: June 2, 2017, 08:50:00 pm »
Why you would even ask this question I don't know.  Not a fuck should be given.  Is he a player that is better than Bravo and will strengthen a rival?

Why wouldn`t I?

And yes, indirectly I`m also asking if he will make them better.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16264 on: June 2, 2017, 08:53:17 pm »
He is a backup for Alisson at the Brazilian national team. Who is a backup for Szczesny at AS Roma. Who is third choice behind ospina and cech

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16265 on: June 3, 2017, 11:42:08 am »
Why wouldn`t I?

And yes, indirectly I`m also asking if he will make them better.

Don't understand why you would want to know that he is better than Liverpool's goalkeepers?  All that matters is whether Man City are improving.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16266 on: June 3, 2017, 12:18:28 pm »
They are going to pay £40 million for a LB with one year left on his contract.

No wonder prices are escalating.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16267 on: June 3, 2017, 06:05:39 pm »

That might well be the highest fee ever paid for a player who only has one year left on his contract.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16268 on: June 3, 2017, 06:13:56 pm »

Mendy has a contract at AS Monaco until 2021.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #16269 on: June 3, 2017, 07:39:50 pm »
Mendy has a contract at AS Monaco until 2021.

I think they're going to sign walker..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16270 on: June 3, 2017, 08:47:12 pm »
I think they're going to sign walker..

He also has a contract until 2021.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #16271 on: June 3, 2017, 11:14:15 pm »
Fucking up football window by window - £140m spent and the window is not even open yet
JFT97

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16272 on: June 3, 2017, 11:40:59 pm »
Fucking up football window by window - £140m spent and the window is not even open yet

They haven't spent £140 million yet. The Van Dijk "news" was only reported by Neil Moxley in the Mirror, and by no one else.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16273 on: June 4, 2017, 09:19:49 am »

They still won fuck all. They can only play 11 at a time.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #16274 on: June 4, 2017, 09:31:37 am »
They haven't spent £140 million yet. The Van Dijk "news" was only reported by Neil Moxley in the Mirror, and by no one else.

Can see them spending £200-300m

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16275 on: June 4, 2017, 09:59:26 am »
FFP alive and well I see.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16276 on: June 4, 2017, 12:06:42 pm »
Can see them spending £200-300m

Possible, but they will have to do some very shady business with the Chinese clubs in order to do that.

They are also confident of landing buyers for the unwanted quartet of Joe Hart, Samir Nasri, Eliaquim Mangala and Wilfried Bony.

Fernando is also likely to leave, while fellow midfielder Fabian Delph’s future remains uncertain, and Nolito has been targeted by his former club Celta Vigo just a year after his £13.8 million arrival from La Liga.

City have already recouped £12 million by selling Enes Unal to Villarreal, while striker Kelechi Iheanacho is a £20 million target for West Ham.

Aaron Mooy is wanted by Huddersfield after helping the Yorkshire club win promotion to the Premier League during a season-long loan spell, while Patrick Roberts may be allowed to move on after a successful stint at Celtic.

Jason Denayer, who spent the season at Sunderland, is another who could be allowed to leave at the right price.

A senior City source insisted that interest has already been lodged in all the players who have already been deemed surplus to requirements.

That would see City raise around £100 million – and that will be boosted if Chinese interest in Bony resurfaces and they are able to recoup the £25 million they paid Swansea for the Ivorian striker.

The planned departures would slash the club’s wage commitments by a staggering £800,000-a-week.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-ready-offload-13-10554084

So, that leaves them with ...

Released:

Caballero, Zabaleta, Sagna, Clichy, Navas.

Sold:

Unal (£12 million).

To be sold:

Hart, Mangala, Nasri, Bony, Fernando, Delph, Nolito, Iheanacho, Roberts, Mooy, Denayer.

Probably the biggest clear out ever at a Premier League club.
« Last Edit: June 4, 2017, 02:32:51 pm by PeterTheRed »

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16277 on: June 4, 2017, 02:23:16 pm »

Probably the biggest clear out ever at a Premier League club.

Bit of a melodramatic way of putting it, that. You've listed 16 players who contributed the square root of fuck all in this season just finished, many of whom were out on loan. It's hardly Man Utd getting rid of Ince, Hughes and Kanchelskis in 1995.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16278 on: June 4, 2017, 02:32:00 pm »
Bit of a melodramatic way of putting it, that. You've listed 16 players who contributed the square root of fuck all in this season just finished, many of whom were out on loan. It's hardly Man Utd getting rid of Ince, Hughes and Kanchelskis in 1995.

Still, 17 senior players leaving the club in a single transfer window is a massive clear out, especially since some of them played quite often for them last season, like Clichy, Caballero, Zabaleta, Sagna and Navas. Even Nolito, Fernando, Iheanacho and Delph were 1st team squad players, and will need to be replaced.

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16279 on: June 4, 2017, 08:18:35 pm »
I am actually so happy that for once Barca board did the right thing and not sign Nolito. Watching him for City was painful, so slow, so indecisive at times. He seems like a perfect player for a smaller club. In fact, I am convinced that he'd have helped Celta Vigo in Europa League.