Author Topic: General Manchester City thread  (Read 3455625 times)

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: General Manchester City thread
« Reply #16040 on: May 26, 2017, 04:05:55 pm »
Pep should have released them last summer. I understand that he already got rid of Mangala, Nasri and Hart back then, and perhaps didn't want to make such wholesale changes, but he should have. These guys fooled people into thinking that they can mount a title challenge.

Only so much you can do in one window.

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16041 on: May 26, 2017, 04:11:15 pm »
Only so much you can do in one window.
True. I don't want to excuse Pep, I expected a better title challenge (I expected him to actually win it).

That said, as the season went on, it was yet again painfully obvious that a good 80-90% of the City squad are past it old players (most of whom weren't world class even in their best days). He had Sagna, Clichy, Zabaleta, Kolarov, Mangala, Nasri, Bony, Toure, Fernando etc. at his disposal, but frankly these guys aren't good enough to play for a top 6 club. Pep tried a couple of tactical set ups with full backs coming into midfield and stuff, and it was very hard to watch the likes of Clichy and Sagna try to pass in midfield. Painful stuff.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16042 on: May 26, 2017, 04:24:24 pm »
City are going to be brilliant next year. If you are in the game of worrying about other sides (which i am not) then i found it amazing the amount of people scared of what Man Utd will do whilst ignoring Man City.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16043 on: May 26, 2017, 04:27:38 pm »
Got to laugh at the Manchester clubs, if they don't challenge/win the league next year pep and jose should be sacked immediately.

Do they need Silva with all their options?
Hope he likes playing in front of empty seats.
He played for Monaco of course he does
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #16044 on: May 26, 2017, 05:10:19 pm »
City are going to be brilliant next year. If you are in the game of worrying about other sides (which i am not) then i found it amazing the amount of people scared of what Man Utd will do whilst ignoring Man City.

Exactly this.

They will tear the league up providing they keep all those players.

Just needs a keeper and defence.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16045 on: May 26, 2017, 05:24:33 pm »

They will be good, but far from brilliant. It takes more than a couple of very good transfer windows to create a brilliant team. Also, their team will be much younger and less experienced next season, and they will pay the adequate price for that.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16046 on: May 26, 2017, 05:30:31 pm »
They will be good, but far from brilliant. It takes more than a couple of very good transfer windows to create a brilliant team. Also, their team will be much younger and less experienced next season, and they will pay the adequate price for that.

Its just an opinion. I think they will be brilliant because they have the talent going forward.

That doesnt mean that we cannot do better than them but if you are asking me who the biggest competition will be then its them.

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16047 on: May 26, 2017, 05:48:35 pm »
ManCity started playing really well, especially after Gabriel Jesus' arrival. Pep needs some players in defense, but even without a stellar defense, they will be good. I think more than CBs, they need a great right back and a great left back. In Pep's tactical systems, they play such a huge role.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16048 on: May 26, 2017, 06:43:10 pm »
Got to laugh at the Manchester clubs, if they don't challenge/win the league next year pep and jose should be sacked immediately.

Do they need Silva with all their options?
Hope he likes playing in front of empty seats.
To be fair don't Monaco have their fair share of empty seats? Should help with the transition  ;D
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16049 on: May 26, 2017, 06:50:59 pm »
So probably getting Silva, Mendy and Walker in the same day.

As much as I am optimistic about our summer so far, it makes me jealous seeing them getting their business done without countless articles by journos close to the club about how they're monitoring, confident and cautiously optimistic about getting X, Y & Z.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #16050 on: May 26, 2017, 06:52:51 pm »
Very strange comment and judgment.

Guardiola will not be in trouble at City even if he doesn't win either of those. His Barca buddies are there, and when he was hired, there was a clear understanding that some team building is necessary.

Also, surprised you think Mourinho has bought himself time. They have been garbage for a good chunk of the season, forget about point difference, if you cannot see the difference in ManCity and ManU's football, then you must be blind. Go and look at redcafe and see what ManU fans think of Mourinho and his football. They just about tolerated Mourinho this season, he will not have any more time than Guardiola at all. A good chunk of ManU fans are ready to consider options, 1 more season of crap football and league/FA cup won't save Mourinho there.

I don't know in what world are you if you think Mourinho has done better (either results or football wise) than Guardiola this season. If you are to judge who is more likely to get the boot, Mourinho has a huge lead at this point.

A lot will disagree but I think Mourinho has had  a better season. Got Champions league football same as Pep but also got a couple trophies. Yes his team has played shit and boring football but I doubt they care too much long as their winning trophies.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #16051 on: May 26, 2017, 06:56:21 pm »
City are such a soulless club now, it's just spend, spend, spend. It quite mind numbing reading about their future plans, all about money and no romance at all. Also if half these rumours are true what chance do any of their talented young players stand, especially if they are buying so much young talent, it actually makes you wonder why they sign these academy players in the first place. Very depressing to be honest.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16052 on: May 26, 2017, 07:01:59 pm »
Credit to them, that's a sublime signing

B. Silva, D. Silva, De Bruyne, Sane, Aguero, Jesus

Is an impressive attack

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16053 on: May 26, 2017, 07:02:40 pm »
Silva is an obvious talent however we've seen players like him before simply struggle in this league.

Fantastic sinig but I reckon he'll take a while to bed in and they won't see the best of him until another season in.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16054 on: May 26, 2017, 07:02:46 pm »
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16055 on: May 26, 2017, 07:06:01 pm »
Silva is an obvious talent however we've seen players like him before simply struggle in this league.

Fantastic sinig but I reckon he'll take a while to bed in and they won't see the best of him until another season in.

Reckon he'll settle in very quickly

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #16056 on: May 26, 2017, 07:09:02 pm »
Who gives a fuck? Hardly struggling for good creative AM types are they?

Makes Coutinho worth a shitload more as well, Christ knows what he'll be worth in a few years when this guy and Pogback are going for the fees they have.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline MNTY

• Kemlynite
« Reply #16057 on: May 26, 2017, 07:39:28 pm »
Clichy has been very poor anytime I've seen him play
this year no surprise he's out.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16058 on: May 26, 2017, 07:40:24 pm »
Great signing. Looked an amazing player everytime I watched Monaco.

That full back Mendy also looked really good as well.

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16059 on: May 26, 2017, 07:49:53 pm »
A lot will disagree but I think Mourinho has had  a better season. Got Champions league football same as Pep but also got a couple trophies. Yes his team has played shit and boring football but I doubt they care too much long as their winning trophies.
You probably don't care only if you look up the match results online once a week. But if you and watch, I bet you care. Even if you watch on TV.

The fact that ManU fans care is evident from the sacking of Aloysius Paulus Maria "Louis" van Gaal. Also, there have been lots of threads on redcafe criticizing Mourinho for the style of football. I am saying, the calls for sacking aren't louder only because of the smaller trophies (which Mourinho disrespected and called non-achievement himself earlier in his career). They all perfectly understand it that it is a gimmick, an excuse to be patient. There is no way they are happy or think their season or current situation is any better than ManCity's.

Another fact is, a lot of ManU fans tried to avoid being all too critical of Mourinho for one major reason. A lot of times, in those discussions, the question is "if not Mourinho, who do we hire next?" There is no clear answer to that, so they are afraid of situation getting even worse. I am sure if they believed that a top tier manager is available, more than half of them won't make a fuss if Mourinho is kicked out.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16060 on: May 26, 2017, 07:54:00 pm »
Maybe we can get Sterling back off them?

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16061 on: May 26, 2017, 08:08:49 pm »
Re-Bernardo Silva, he is my type of player. Love attacking mids with good technique.

Txiki has been upping his game as of recent. From spending 50m on Mangala and 30m on Bony to signing Gundogan, Bernardo Silva and Gabriel Jesus for very reasonable price. Great pieces of business. Looking at the asking price for Mbappe, there is no way that Gabriel Jesus' market price is less than 100m in today's market. Pep's pulling power and much criticized Txiki have to be praised here.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16062 on: May 26, 2017, 08:11:55 pm »
Re-Bernardo Silva, he is my type of player. Love attacking mids with good technique.

Txiki has been upping his game as of recent. From spending 50m on Mangala and 30m on Bony to signing Gundogan, Bernardo Silva and Gabriel Jesus for very reasonable price. Great pieces of business. Looking at the asking price for Mbappe, there is no way that Gabriel Jesus' market price is less than 100m in today's market. Pep's pulling power and much criticized Txiki have to be praised here.

Yeah I mean nobody knew who Gundogan or Bernardo Silva were. Well done to Guardiola with signing players few know about or of whom doubts of their ability remain.

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16063 on: May 26, 2017, 08:16:34 pm »
Yeah I mean nobody knew who Gundogan or Bernardo Silva were. Well done to Guardiola with signing players few know about or of whom doubts of their ability remain.
Haha that's not the point. The point is, Txiki has been spending silly money on complete garbage players. But in the past 1-2 years, their transfers have improved (as in they don't grossly overspend). They got De Bruyne, Sane, Gundogan, Gabriel Jesus etc. all at a much lower than market values.

Pep deserves a praise, maybe praise is a wrong word here, for convincing them to join. Gabriel Jesus gave an interview where he said he had offers from more reputable clubs (Madrid, Barca etc.) but chose City because of Pep Guardiola. Pep is getting involved in these transfers, calling players and explaining how he plans to employ them.

If you think these players received offers from only City, you are deluded. Each of these players had interest and offers/interest from other big clubs, ManU, Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Real Madrid. Pep has his own pulling power for City. I truly believe that back when Isco to ManCity rumors were going around if Pep was their coach, they would have signed him.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #16064 on: May 26, 2017, 08:17:01 pm »
No mate, they are letting go far too many experienced players this summer (Hart, Caballero, Zabaleta, Sagna, Clichy, Mangala, Fernando, Nasri, Navas, Nolito, Bony, with Toure also out of contract) for them to be pursuing short term success next season. They are obviously building a team for the long term, and that is why their most expensive signings are at the age of 19-22.

nope,  pressure will be on him, and rightly so.  And it's not short term success I'm on about, come on now.

He has to deliver both in the short and long term. He's had his bedding in season now. 

And if he doesn't, those dickhead fans of theirs will turn on him soon enough which won't help.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16065 on: May 26, 2017, 08:17:13 pm »
I do think though that they are going to sign an English player next to meet the homegrown quota, as I think they're short of the quota now to fill a complete squad. Or is he intending to fill the rest of the slots with academy players?

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16066 on: May 26, 2017, 08:18:22 pm »
I do think though that they are going to sign an English player next to meet the homegrown quota, as I think they're short of the quota now to fill a complete squad. Or is he intending to fill the rest of the slots with academy players?
Walker is rumored to be going to City. But I think Pep should just use academy players. English players with top quality are very rare to find and are very overpriced.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16067 on: May 26, 2017, 08:28:50 pm »
Walker is rumored to be going to City. But I think Pep should just use academy players. English players with top quality are very rare to find and are very overpriced.

That has not stopped them from buying a multitude of them the last few years. WIth Clichy gone, I think they only have Stones, Sterling and Delph left as the senior homegrown players, unless if Hart stays. They will be left short with an injury to any one of them.

I imagine a raid of Tottenham is on the cards. Why stop at Walker when you can get Dier or Rose also? Hmmm....

Online clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16068 on: May 26, 2017, 08:36:59 pm »
£43m how the fuck have they managed that.

Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16069 on: May 26, 2017, 08:40:05 pm »

Some add-ons have to be hidden in that deal. No chance that's the max they will pay.

Offline newrosswaterford

• Kopite
« Reply #16070 on: May 26, 2017, 08:41:07 pm »
If you were silva looking around at where he would like to play, were it would suit him best city looks very very good.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Online clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16071 on: May 26, 2017, 08:44:09 pm »
Some add-ons have to be hidden in that deal. No chance that's the max they will pay.

If I was only £43m in this market. I doubt you will see a better value signing this summer.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16072 on: May 26, 2017, 09:00:33 pm »
Steady.

It's no secret that these are going to go all out this summer.. If we get our first choice targets in I honestly think we'll be more than a match for any of our rivals.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16073 on: May 26, 2017, 09:02:18 pm »
They won't let Sterling go. He was quietly decent this season and he fills a home-grown quota spot.

Offline theartist

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16074 on: May 26, 2017, 09:32:55 pm »
This kid spent 10 years at Benfica youth teams, played a total of 10 minutes (10!!!!!) for Benfica main team and was sold for 15M€ to Monaco by Jorge Mendes. Now City.
Benfica has to get rid of Jorge Mendes influence. Renato Sanches played 30 games for the main team... things are getting ridiculous for Benfica, now we can´t keep the kids more than one season. Ederson, Nelson Semedo and Lindelof are next. As soon as we start to love a player we have to also start thinking if he will make more 10 games for us.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 09:36:20 pm by theartist »

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16075 on: May 26, 2017, 09:34:41 pm »

To do what? He won't get anywhere near our staring XI, and he is on £200,000 per week.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16076 on: May 26, 2017, 09:56:55 pm »
Will be interesting to see how he goes from playing in Ligue 1 and France's best team, to adaptimg to the PL. Rarely do players settle quickly when a chamge like that happens
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16077 on: May 26, 2017, 11:12:08 pm »
This kid spent 10 years at Benfica youth teams, played a total of 10 minutes (10!!!!!) for Benfica main team and was sold for 15M€ to Monaco by Jorge Mendes. Now City.
Benfica has to get rid of Jorge Mendes influence. Renato Sanches played 30 games for the main team... things are getting ridiculous for Benfica, now we can´t keep the kids more than one season. Ederson, Nelson Semedo and Lindelof are next. As soon as we start to love a player we have to also start thinking if he will make more 10 games for us.
doesnt Mendes sign most of the good Portuguese talents at a very young age, bit difficult to avoid him?

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16078 on: May 26, 2017, 11:12:45 pm »
https://twitter.com/mancity/status/868074235834617856

Nice to see him with the kid at the end

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #16079 on: May 26, 2017, 11:48:41 pm »

Telegraph are claiming its just £43m