Author Topic: Jay Spearing- Better Late than Never  (Read 501173 times)

Offline CognacBut

• BrandyAss
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jay Spearing- Better Late than Never
« Reply #400 on: March 20, 2011, 05:31:59 pm »
Jay Spearing is the type of player that Manchester United would either play a few time and then sell on for good money (ala Richardson etc), or keep and have a permanent substitute on relatively small wages / drama for the rest of his career. I think the later role would be a good result for Liverpool.

Who gives a fuck what they would do. But see where you are coming from.

Think Jay did well today and was certainly up there for man of the match.

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #401 on: March 20, 2011, 05:42:29 pm »
Good game but it's over-exaggerated cos he's a local lad. That's the truth.

But yes, he played well. Best game in a Liverpool shirt so far.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #402 on: March 20, 2011, 05:47:54 pm »
Alright - played well today. 

Offline Craigthered

• Still Raging at Rafa. FAQ Off.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #403 on: March 20, 2011, 05:47:59 pm »
will be found out against better opposition, will be a good player in the championship next season
STILL CENSORED BY CLOWN MODS. FAQ OFF!

Offline Paul_h

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #404 on: March 20, 2011, 06:00:05 pm »
he played a blinder today, and deserves the plaudits he's getting

Offline IndianaRed

• Aaarghhh!!!!... my eyes!!!!... my eyes!!!!..
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: March 20, 2011, 06:03:51 pm »
like ryan babel says "..but never late is better"

Offline tea_tree

• oily and antiseptic.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #406 on: March 20, 2011, 06:04:18 pm »
Good game but it's over-exaggerated cos he's a local lad. That's the truth.

But yes, he played well. Best game in a Liverpool shirt so far.

THIS
"At Liverpool I have never pulled back, I also went to war together with my fans"

Rafa Benitez

Offline Des Lynam

• Left at half-time
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hi, Des here.
« Reply #407 on: March 20, 2011, 06:09:11 pm »
If he was called "Spearingez" you'd all be creaming your kecks! He had a great game today, he was better than Lucas and Meireles. He won the pen, tracked back, kept a good tempo to our play, had a great effort saved, played a great ball to Suarez for his chance in the first half and was genuinely box to box. Well worthy of his place in the team. He deserves his space ahead of Poulsen and I think will give Lucas a run for his money once Gerrard is fit. Dalglish likes him, started him against Everton and Braga away. So let's give him credit for a good solid performance from a local passionate red.
I should have been at work. Make of that what you will.

Offline Vidocq

• chronologically challenged LFC historian
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize
« Reply #408 on: March 20, 2011, 06:09:22 pm »
man of the match today for me.  Just nipped in here and there played it simple, won us the penalty, and nearly got a goal himself.  Well done jay.

"During those days I understood more than ever what 'You'll Never Walk Alone' means."  Luis Suarez

Offline Julio

• Legacy Fan
  • Brrrrrrr
« Reply #409 on: March 20, 2011, 06:10:46 pm »
Nice to see his strong work for the penno and a couple of decent passes, but overall I felt he was a bit anonymous in midfield, compared with Lucas. Still, it's lunacy to expect him to be at the level of our player of the season. Hope he keeps improving, and that will happen if he shows for the ball that bit more
"We do not want a single foot of foreign territory; but of our territory we shall not surrender a single inch to anyone"

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: March 20, 2011, 06:13:28 pm »
good game.i think a couple of more performances like this till the end of the season would do him and us a world of good.we can review our situation then and if needed keep him as backup,or move him on for some amount.if he puts in a few more solid performances i think we can fetch 5m quid for him.good deal for both the club and him
The West is finished, China is the future

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #411 on: March 20, 2011, 06:22:43 pm »
Played well did Spearing.

Happy for him.

Offline Cadno

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: March 20, 2011, 06:26:28 pm »
;D

Exactly right though mate, they'd rather score points and stick to their pre determined views on a player than give him credit. One big negative of forums.
Ohh the sweet sweet irony  :butt
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"  - Albert Einstein

Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain(Was talking about H&G)

"When you can't walk, you crawl. When you can't crawl, you get a friend to carry you" - Firefly

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: March 20, 2011, 06:28:20 pm »
Good game for jay my only concern was i don't think he won a single header in the game.

Aye. Surprising that.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: March 20, 2011, 06:28:25 pm »
will be found out against better opposition, will be a good player in the championship next season

you think we will sell him? not with Kenny in team.. He is better than Joe Cole and Poulsen together right now.

Offline Il Nina

• Legacy Fan
  • I just can't get enough...
« Reply #415 on: March 20, 2011, 06:28:27 pm »
Well done today Spearing! I was pretty critical of him for the Europa league performances. But he did well today, good on him.
“Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.”

Offline its cold in the stands

• e e cummings
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: March 20, 2011, 06:47:40 pm »
if he keeps on playing like that he`ll threaten lucas`s place in the side as the holding midfielder, it`s just wether he can turn out those types of performances on a regular basis, i`ve got a feeling that spearing saw that rare premier league start as a `cup final` and his big chance to impress the manager and to be fair he took his chance.
if that wasnt a one off and he can do that week in week out he`s got a future here not just as a squad player but a first team regular.

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: March 20, 2011, 06:50:44 pm »
Proved some people on here wrong today - he was our best midfielder and deserves more respect than he gets on here. He's a good lad, Liverpool through and through and has great desire, typified by that run for the penalty. Well in lad.

« Reply #418 on: March 20, 2011, 06:51:17 pm »
Well done today Spearing! I was pretty critical of him for the Europa league performances. But he did well today, good on him.
I have kept my eye on Spearing's performances so far this season and I can honestly say he hasn't had a bad game. Most have not been spectacular but he is never a liability

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #419 on: March 20, 2011, 06:52:06 pm »
If he was called "Spearingez" you'd all be creaming your kecks!

No I wouldn't. Good performance today granted, but a fairly average player who will probably find his level in the championship before too long.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline Il Nina

• Legacy Fan
  • I just can't get enough...
« Reply #420 on: March 20, 2011, 06:52:58 pm »
I have kept my eye on Spearing's performances so far this season and I can honestly say he hasn't had a bad game. Most have not been spectacular but he is never a liability

yeah that's your opinion mate, like most of team don't think he was good against Braga at all. Not as in a liability, but that's not how I meant it, I meant in attack. Certainly played much better today though and showed his true self. Good on him.
“Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.”

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #421 on: March 20, 2011, 06:54:08 pm »
;D

Exactly right though mate, they'd rather score points and stick to their pre determined views on a player than give him credit. One big negative of forums.

Irony or hypocrisy, you decide.

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #422 on: March 20, 2011, 06:59:02 pm »
Thought Jay was OK, but personally for the future, I don't think he has that touch of class/quality we need.

Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Henderson won't make it here. Sorry but he won't and won't

Offline Cadno

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: March 20, 2011, 07:01:14 pm »
if he keeps on playing like that he`ll threaten lucas`s place in the side as the holding midfielder, it`s just wether he can turn out those types of performances on a regular basis, i`ve got a feeling that spearing saw that rare premier league start as a `cup final` and his big chance to impress the manager and to be fair he took his chance.
if that wasnt a one off and he can do that week in week out he`s got a future here not just as a squad player but a first team regular.

Why would he threaten Lucas?  He was not playing as the holding player today in fact he was playing the Gerrard role in the team does you think that he will keep Gerrard out of the team when he comes back?   

Good performance today but he is going to have to up his game even more to make it anywhere near a first team player.  Todays performance should be what we see from him on a game by game basis to make it as a squad player at the level we want to get to let alone a regular first teamer.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"  - Albert Einstein

Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain(Was talking about H&G)

"When you can't walk, you crawl. When you can't crawl, you get a friend to carry you" - Firefly

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: March 20, 2011, 07:09:51 pm »
His passion and desire is fantastic. Puts some members of our squad to shame.

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: March 20, 2011, 07:12:06 pm »
If he was called "Spearingez" you'd all be creaming your kecks! He had a great game today, he was better than Lucas and Meireles. He won the pen, tracked back, kept a good tempo to our play, had a great effort saved, played a great ball to Suarez for his chance in the first half and was genuinely box to box. Well worthy of his place in the team. He deserves his space ahead of Poulsen and I think will give Lucas a run for his money once Gerrard is fit. Dalglish likes him, started him against Everton and Braga away. So let's give him credit for a good solid performance from a local passionate red.

not really,he had a decent game nothing more nothing less.

eh?are you fucking serious?

Offline Luis Carroll

• Main Stander
« Reply #426 on: March 20, 2011, 07:12:59 pm »
Had a great game today... great effort on goal... would not sell him yet... will be a very good squad player for the next couple of seasons...

allow the youth to look at him and Kelly for support and advice as they get blooded into the first team.

• e e cummings
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: March 20, 2011, 07:15:00 pm »
Why would he threaten Lucas?  He was not playing as the holding player today in fact he was playing the Gerrard role in the team does you think that he will keep Gerrard out of the team when he comes back?   

Good performance today but he is going to have to up his game even more to make it anywhere near a first team player.  Todays performance should be what we see from him on a game by game basis to make it as a squad player at the level we want to get to let alone a regular first teamer.

spearing`s obviously a holding midfielder type, if he puts in performances like every week that he`ll earn and deserve his place in the side.

Offline Flinstone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: March 20, 2011, 07:16:02 pm »
spearing`s obviously a holding midfielder type, if he puts in performances like every week that he`ll earn and deserve his place in the side.

he had a good game.but dont get ahead of yourself.lucas is miles miles ahead of him.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #429 on: March 20, 2011, 07:17:11 pm »

Should be a bannable offense :P

Offline SadRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #430 on: March 20, 2011, 07:17:58 pm »
fantastic game today, well done to the lad! I never thought he could make it here but maybe I was wrong

Offline hitnrock

• Kopite
  • Rafa's Red And White Kop
« Reply #431 on: March 20, 2011, 07:26:36 pm »
Proved some people on here wrong today - he was our best midfielder and deserves more respect than he gets on here. He's a good lad, Liverpool through and through and has great desire, typified by that run for the penalty. Well in lad.
sweet jesus!! he's just started his first team career and someone has used that line to describe him.
Waiting for Gerrard is like waiting for Goku.
Only a few moments remaining until Goku arrives.
Next week:

Goku is almost there, can he stop the ginyu force?
Next week:

Goku is about to arrive, is he up to the challenge?

;)

• e e cummings
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: March 20, 2011, 07:27:37 pm »
he had a good game.but dont get ahead of yourself.lucas is miles miles ahead of him.

how am i getting ahead of myself? go and read my original post, i said i reckon this is probably a flash in the pan performance because he probably played it as a cup final because he doesnt get many starts in the league.
i`ll tell you this though he played better than anyone else in our midfield today and if he keeps that up he will be in the starting 11.
lucas didnt look miles and miles ahead of him today, no one did.

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #433 on: March 20, 2011, 07:31:43 pm »
If he was called "Spearingez" you'd all be creaming your kecks!

Dont be an idiot.

Lucas Leiva is testament to that theory being rubbish.

He's been one of our most important and consistent players yet some would prefer to see 'Speo' play in his place.

It unbelievable.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #434 on: March 20, 2011, 07:33:48 pm »
I love when his little head gets red.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline jonnyrich

• Main Stander
« Reply #435 on: March 20, 2011, 07:35:41 pm »
I would give him a season or two to see how he does if he doesn't improve get rid of him. You can shoot me down but personally I dont do the squad player nonsense if  your not working your bollocks off to get in the first team then your wasting my money.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: March 20, 2011, 07:41:40 pm »

Nothing wrong with flat track bullies.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Trousers

• All Mouth And...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: March 20, 2011, 07:44:22 pm »
Had a good game today.
But MOtM?
That's stretching things a lot.
Suarez easily takes that accolade.
Militant Internet Terrorist.

Offline Flinstone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: March 20, 2011, 07:44:51 pm »
how am i getting ahead of myself? go and read my original post, i said i reckon this is probably a flash in the pan performance because he probably played it as a cup final because he doesnt get many starts in the league.
i`ll tell you this though he played better than anyone else in our midfield today and if he keeps that up he will be in the starting 11.
lucas didnt look miles and miles ahead of him today, no one did.

your getting ahead of yourself because you suggested he would give lucas a run for his money.in terms of ability lucas IS miles ahead of him,maybe not today but you dont judge a player on one game.you said he would be in the starting 11 if he keeps this up.i highly doubt it,lucas and raul will be there for sure and gerrard when he comes back.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: March 20, 2011, 07:47:16 pm »
Well worthy of his place in the team. He deserves his space ahead of Poulsen and I think will give Lucas a run for his money once Gerrard is fit

He had a good game but it wasn't that good mate.