Author Topic: Jay Spearing- Better Late than Never  (Read 501233 times)

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Jay Spearing- Better Late than Never
« Reply #360 on: March 20, 2011, 04:24:44 pm »
Think he could be better than masch in the long run if he can get a bit stronger on the ball. Think his distribution and forward play is better than Masch's
Oh dear, as much as you make a decent attempt to justify it with the second bit, the first statement is laughable.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: March 20, 2011, 04:25:55 pm »
shoe-gazing misery arses.

;D

Exactly right though mate, they'd rather score points and stick to their pre determined views on a player than give him credit. One big negative of forums.
If you can't trust Kenny, you need to find another club, seriously.

Offline Promised to never post on RAWK again

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #362 on: March 20, 2011, 04:26:25 pm »

Good game from Spearing today ... Still, I don't think that he has any long-term future at LFC ... However, with this type of performances, he might earn a place on some weaker Premier League team ...
The internet is a bad place - People like Mac Red are on it.

Offline sneakyg

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #363 on: March 20, 2011, 04:26:31 pm »
And another thread turns into 'don't be daft, he's fucking shite' by the usual shoe-gazing misery arses.
No-one is saying he's brilliant, or he's better than this or that player, but he played well today. Even 'by his own low standards'.

Is it allowed to suggest he played well? He did. Doesn't mean anyone saying it thinks he's the next Alonso.

so whats the ultimate aim of this thread?

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #364 on: March 20, 2011, 04:26:38 pm »
Even those who seem to hate the lad, did he have a decent game today? C'mon, no-one will think less of you if you say he did. You're not being 'outed'.
 ???
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Kochevnik

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: March 20, 2011, 04:26:59 pm »
Was good today.

But he won't make it here.  What?  That's honestly what I think - sorry to spoil the party.
Managers who have won fewer than three European Cups: Ferguson, Mourinho, Guardiola, Saachi, Hiddink, Hitzfeld, Clough, Happel, Trapattoni, Cruyff, Michels, Lobanovsky, Capello, and many more.
Managers who have won three or more European Cups: Bob Paisley

Offline Steven Gerrard

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: March 20, 2011, 04:27:22 pm »
Good game from Spearing today ... Still, I don't think that he has any long-term future at LFC ... However, with this type of performances, he might earn a place on some weaker Premier League team ...

pretty much agree with that, and hes freaking better option than poulsen
They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: March 20, 2011, 04:28:10 pm »
Well done,had a really good game today.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Notayesman

• Really, really hates Quaresma with a passion that outshines the brightest star in the galaxy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: March 20, 2011, 04:29:36 pm »
Thought he did well today, easily as good as Lucas or Meireles if not better on the day.

Offline ArgImAPirate

• Legacy Fan
  • rat a tat tat
« Reply #369 on: March 20, 2011, 04:29:51 pm »
I like him. I don't think he'll be good enough to ever be a regular, but I think he'll be happy enough to be a squad player. He plays with intensity and energy and there's been a lot said about his quality... but I think he's good to have around in the squad. At least until we have better quality depth in central midfield.

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #370 on: March 20, 2011, 04:30:48 pm »
;D

Exactly right though mate, they'd rather score points and stick to their pre determined views on a player than give him credit. One big negative of forums.

If people have decided he's not good enough, and to be honest, I don't rate him that much myself, fair enough. It's the qualification of their position whenever they are asked 'did he have a good game?'. Answer usually is 'Yes, he played well BUT, he's still shit and won't ever be good enough etc etc'

It's like 'don't praise him, it might mean he stays in the side and we can't have that!'
Why does every tiny bit of praise have to be tacked onto a 'BUT.. in the long term, he's shit and ..."?

Same goes for what Lucas has had to put up with through his time here.

Offline Supernatural

• Anny Roader
« Reply #371 on: March 20, 2011, 04:32:08 pm »
was great today!

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #372 on: March 20, 2011, 04:33:55 pm »
Too much questioning for me in here, in my eyes he had a great game and looks to be improving in many areas. Does he have flaws or room for improvement? Yes, all players do. All he can do is keep trying to get better, he's got a good head on his shoulders and he's obviously impressing the people that matter.

Offline BFM

• Legacy Fan
  • Compulsive hyperbolic exaggerator
« Reply #373 on: March 20, 2011, 04:35:31 pm »
and he's got a wicked shot on 'im.

Nearly started singing "we need 10 more Spearings" when he hit that shot in the second half
If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: March 20, 2011, 04:35:53 pm »
Even those who seem to hate the lad, did he have a decent game today? C'mon, no-one will think less of you if you say he did. You're not being 'outed'.
 ???
Not aimed just at me, but I started by saying he had a decent game FWIW.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Jimmyjames

• Main Stander
« Reply #375 on: March 20, 2011, 04:36:55 pm »
Reminds me a little bit of Danny Murphy at times, industrious and keeps the ball well and distributes pretty well in a 'keep it simple' kind of way.
Any critiscm of the lad is unfair on the back of this. Clearly he is no Alonso but i'd rather keep him here for another season and would rather have him over a number of other players who have had more than enough time to prove their worth.....

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #376 on: March 20, 2011, 04:37:25 pm »
Not aimed just at me, but I started by saying he had a decent game FWIW.

What's FWIW?

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
  • That was liquid football!
« Reply #377 on: March 20, 2011, 04:38:37 pm »
I think he will have the same fate as Warnock- not good enough for playing every week but a decent sub.
One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #378 on: March 20, 2011, 04:41:45 pm »

Offline JP-65

• FA/UEFA/FIFA are not fit for purpose
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: March 20, 2011, 04:44:12 pm »
What's FWIW?

for what it's worth.

I've been of the opinion that he isn't good enough for LFC, but IMHO he had his best game for us today.  He had a slow start for the first 20, as did the whole team, but got much better as the match went on.  If he can continue to improve, and play at this level consistently, he'll be worth a spot in the squad.

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #380 on: March 20, 2011, 04:45:56 pm »

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI

« Reply #382 on: March 20, 2011, 04:47:44 pm »
Always thought he was a decent player to have in the squad. I think its the least the Youth system should do provide us with squad players so we can spend whatever we have on world class players

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: March 20, 2011, 04:48:53 pm »
I think he will have the same fate as Warnock- not good enough for playing every week but a decent sub.
Then Blackburn followed by Villa? He ought to be happy with that career plan.

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #384 on: March 20, 2011, 04:49:02 pm »
Think he could be better than masch in the long run if he can get a bit stronger on the ball. Think his distribution and forward play is better than Masch's
He played well today and is well worth perservering with.

As for your comparison with Masch, the most distinguished player for his age in the history of Argentine football, if Jay can beat that we will have done very well indeed.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: March 20, 2011, 04:50:59 pm »
Don't rate the lad at all but he done well today.
One great game doesn't make him the next Alonso, but he was great today. Fair play to him.
He deserves credit for today but yeah, agree with both of you.

royhendo

« Reply #386 on: March 20, 2011, 04:51:59 pm »
D.I.S.C.O.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: March 20, 2011, 04:53:02 pm »
Solid.

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: March 20, 2011, 04:54:56 pm »
Not when we splash transfer funds and wages on the likes Poulsens or just wages on the Degens. I rekcon he has a role at Liverpool, similar to the Fletchers and O'Shea at United. And, for what it's worth, I thought Warnock was a better player than Dossena, too.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: March 20, 2011, 04:55:28 pm »
Played very well today, and it was through his hard work we got the first goal. Comfortable on the ball, good range of passing and good closing down. Effective performance and I hope he continues his development. Could turn out to be a very good back up.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: March 20, 2011, 04:57:15 pm »
Good game for jay my only concern was i don't think he won a single header in the game.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #391 on: March 20, 2011, 04:57:43 pm »
His best game for us so far. Got stuck in, popped up everwhere and won us the penalty. As for a long term future, he would have to put performances in like that week in, week out.

Offline red tower

• Kemlynite
« Reply #392 on: March 20, 2011, 05:00:02 pm »
think the fella played well today, by far his best game for us. just shows what confidence can do, he knows kenny has faith and that has done wonders for him. hopefully he can keep it up and get all the fans on his side. can only be a good thing to have local passion in the team. some terrible comments about a young lad trying to find his feet in this thread btw, not good. i realise he isn't a youngster anymore but not everyone reaches their true level in their early twenties. give him a chance i say.

Offline bathoz

• Kopite
  • Wants a showpony.
« Reply #393 on: March 20, 2011, 05:02:44 pm »
Jay Spearing is the type of player that Manchester United would either play a few time and then sell on for good money (ala Richardson etc), or keep and have a permanent substitute on relatively small wages / drama for the rest of his career. I think the later role would be a good result for Liverpool.
The opinions related above are in no way to be taken as anything more (or less) than those of an bored mind.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: March 20, 2011, 05:03:13 pm »
Have to give him credit for today's performance. Kept his game together, won us the penalty and had a really good shot that forced the goalie to make a quality save. Hope he can build on this. 

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #395 on: March 20, 2011, 05:03:54 pm »
man of the match today for me.  Just nipped in here and there played it simple, won us the penalty, and nearly got a goal himself.  Well done jay.

Offline Alpherah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: March 20, 2011, 05:09:54 pm »
If he can come in and perform like that when called upon due to injuries / resting players / cup compo's etc for the next X years then ill be more then happy with the lad. Saves us a tidy sum on having to buy a player to do this and being a local lad is probably quite happy to be a valued squad player and not automatic starter.

Offline Lucas21

• A Better Future
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Half of Everything is Luck
« Reply #397 on: March 20, 2011, 05:11:09 pm »
Really good game from him today. Justified his starting place today

Offline Shamrock3131

• Kemlynite
« Reply #398 on: March 20, 2011, 05:11:42 pm »
i watched Jay quite a bit at reserve games , you can see how he models his game on Gerrards , i recon kenny see,s a bit of that in him thats why he uses him more than rafa / hodgson . If he keeps working hard and performs like today then i see no reason why he can make the starting 11 every week .

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: March 20, 2011, 05:29:46 pm »
Good game for jay my only concern was i don't think he won a single header in the game.

Please tell me you're taking the piss?
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."