Author Topic: Torres - The Reasons for Leaving - by Sid Lowe  (Read 338682 times)

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Torres - The Reasons for Leaving - by Sid Lowe
« Reply #1360 on: February 7, 2011, 08:31:48 pm »
A few days of having a dig at him is understandable but now we just have to move on.  At least we made £20m on Torres whereas Steve-money-Mcmanaman-Money went on free despite spending all that money for his development

We made £30m on Torres. :)
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #1361 on: February 7, 2011, 08:34:10 pm »
Know everyone is saying we should forget him and all that now, but this vid just summed up how I was feeling when I saw him sign for the rent boys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqRVUJFc8sY
the more I watch that video the more I hate Purslow for foisting Hodgepodge on us when we could have had Kenny from the start of the season..
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline sisterbliss

• Legacy Fan
  • Out now The Goodison Persecution Complex
« Reply #1362 on: February 7, 2011, 08:41:49 pm »
the more I watch that video the more I hate Purslow for foisting Hodgepodge on us when we could have had Kenny from the start of the season..

Was thinking the same thing myself, had Kenny got the nod instead of Hodgson would things have been different.  Saying that we can do a post mortem of events till the cows come home but I do think things happen for a reason.
Try to sit on the fence and you're quickly exposed as a fraud, hiding your true feelings but fooling no one.

Offline smitalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1363 on: February 7, 2011, 08:44:35 pm »
He gets what he wanted and he still looks fucking miserable.

However badly people might think of him at the moment, surely most would agree that what he wanted far more than a move to Chelsea was to win stuff with us. It was only when he felt that that wasn't going to happen that he wanted a move away. Here's what I'm told he said when he signed for us (haven't verified it myself but have no reason to doubt the source):

“I am very, very happy. This was the biggest decision of my footballing life but I’ve come to a winning club. This is a club of champions – one of the biggest there is. I now want to play my part in that and be a champion too and help the club progress.”

3.5 years later, he wasn't a champion, and the club had largely gone backwards. So the dream he articulated when he moved had gone sour, which I'm sure must have been a painful process for him. Again, I'm sure many will say it's his fault we weren't champions, but does anyone honestly believe that (a) it was his own fault he had so many injuries or (b) it was his fault the club was being bled dry by H & G?

I know he could have been more patient, but he has said he doesn't feel he can afford to wait. With his injury record I can't say I blame him.

So I don't think he wanted to be at Chelsea. He wants what he wanted 3.5 years ago which is to play his part in winning stuff. I'm sure there's a part of him, a big part, that absolutely and completely regrets he wasn't able to do that with us.  And that's probably what we saw yesterday.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1364 on: February 7, 2011, 08:52:45 pm »
lets say in 5 years time when he's back at atletico and he comes out and says that leaving liverpool was a huge mistake and wishes he hadnt done it and he's very sincere saying this, would people on here forgive him?

Offline reddd10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1365 on: February 7, 2011, 09:00:11 pm »
lets say in 5 years time when he's back at atletico and he comes out and says that leaving liverpool was a huge mistake and wishes he hadnt done it and he's very sincere saying this, would people on here forgive him?

In two minds:

He left at the wrong time and in some way left our club in jeopardy if we didnt have KK.
But
Yes, I would forgive him. Only if he come back on loan for a month to score a hatrick against the mancs in the Champions League final.

Offline saintslfc13

• Kopite
« Reply #1366 on: February 7, 2011, 09:01:33 pm »
...(a) it was his own fault he had so many injuries or (b) it was his fault the club was being bled dry by H & G?

I know he could have been more patient, but he has said he doesn't feel he can afford to wait. With his injury record I can't say I blame him.

So I don't think he wanted to be at Chelsea. He wants what he wanted 3.5 years ago which is to play his part in winning stuff. I'm sure there's a part of him, a big part, that absolutely and completely regrets he wasn't able to do that with us.  And that's probably what we saw yesterday.

A.) His injuries aren't entirely his fault but thy being said, he kept going off to play for Spain in a meaningless friendly just after or sometimes just before we got him back fit and then he seemed to inevitably get hurt again. That's either on their doctors, training style, or himself for not calling them out on it. B.) this is exactly why more patience doesn't seem like a bad ask. We as fans did all we could do to get them out once we realized the truth, we fought tooth and nail for this club, and then Torres decides he's too big to stay and be a part of the FSG & the King's rebuilding process.

Just thinking about the whole situation makes me angry again really. The man lied to us, and I see people constantly trying to make excuses for him and I just don't understand why. If he didn't want to be at Chelsea he would've knuckled down, played well til the summer and left then if he wanted to. It's clear that he wanted a move to Chelsea and he made that happen, it's fair enough but he's no Saint in all this either.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1367 on: February 7, 2011, 09:02:59 pm »
There's nothing to forgive in my book. The lad made a choice. I reckon it was the wrong one and he's going to realise that, but we really shouldn't be slatting him. We should be looking at why he felt he needed to go and laying the blame for that at the feet of the people that caused it.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1368 on: February 7, 2011, 09:03:48 pm »
His face and body language already at Chelsea don't seem to fit well

Offline reddd10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1369 on: February 7, 2011, 09:05:27 pm »
There's nothing to forgive in my book. The lad made a choice. I reckon it was the wrong one and he's going to realise that, but we really shouldn't be slatting him. We should be looking at why he felt he needed to go and laying the blame for that at the feet of the people that caused it.

THIS.

Offline Upanishad

• Change is good
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • hi
« Reply #1370 on: February 7, 2011, 09:05:35 pm »
I have to say I am still absolutely gutted he's gone.
Voyager-1 is on course to approach a star called AC +793888, but it will only get to within two light-years of it and it will be tens of thousands of years before it does so.

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1371 on: February 7, 2011, 09:07:44 pm »
Nobody else came in for him.

And I'll bet he is gutted. He used to be the most sought over player on the planet, and now he is with a club in decline, whilst at the same time he left a club who look to have turned the corner, at last.

I am still grateful to him for not handing the request in last summer though, we wouldn't have seen any of the transfer fee again. Whether we like it or not, he did us a favour there and unfortunately for him, it looks to have backfired on him.

Is it really only a week ago that all this happened?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1372 on: February 7, 2011, 09:08:12 pm »
Get ready with the ammo.... I actually feel sorry for him. I look at him in that kit parading round with the rest of the pensioners, knowing how much he really does dislike them and I can't help but feeling sorry for him. There's a picture of him with that c*nt Terry hugging him. I wonder how that made him feel? Pretty shite I'd reckon. And pound to a penny, he's sitting there in the changing room, looking round he's new found friends, like that c*nt and Cashley and thinking to himself... Oh dear God, what have I done.

Well said.

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Get Behind Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #1373 on: February 7, 2011, 09:08:44 pm »

Yes I would, in fact I have forgiven him already if I'm honest.

He's made a large fuck up in my opinion, he will have to live with that.

Why hold on to a grudge? Fuck that.

"Nothing is more deserving of pity as a poor man who has seen better days"
From here on in its all FSG's doing. Good or bad they will stand or fall by the decisions they have made in the summer of 2012. Lets hope they have gotten it right.

Offline theblackhumor

• Anny Roader
  • oh boy.
« Reply #1374 on: February 7, 2011, 09:08:59 pm »

Its not his leaving that made us fans angry, under Roy if he had left we'd all understand his reasons. He would miss us a lot more than we would miss him, and that, is a fact.

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1375 on: February 7, 2011, 09:09:41 pm »
Get ready with the ammo.... I actually feel sorry for him. I look at him in that kit parading round with the rest of the pensioners, knowing how much he really does dislike them and I can't help but feeling sorry for him. There's a picture of him with that c*nt Terry hugging him. I wonder how that made him feel? Pretty shite I'd reckon. And pound to a penny, he's sitting there in the changing room, looking round he's new found friends, like that c*nt and Cashley and thinking to himself... Oh dear God, what have I done.

Im not so sure mate, he said on that sunday before he moved was the worst day of his life as he wasnt sure if he had to stay here.  That fuckin hurt me it did, worst day of his life for having to stay at Liverpool football Club?
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline reddd10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1376 on: February 7, 2011, 09:10:23 pm »
I am going to stand up and say it.

I am clutching straws to try and saviour what we had with Fernando. I am that gutted that his gone, we are all analysing his body language and faces to try and find something that says he is still one of us, and is playing in blue in disguise. He has made this decision himself, and will live to regret it. It's hard to get over a player that was a hero in everyone's minds.

Offline theblackhumor

• Anny Roader
  • oh boy.
« Reply #1377 on: February 7, 2011, 09:12:05 pm »
Im not so sure mate, he said on that sunday before he moved was the worst day of his life as he wasnt sure if he had to stay here.  That fuckin hurt me it did, worst day of his life for having to stay at Liverpool football Club?

No, worst day of his life for having to leave Liverpool Football Club more like.

Offline Trousers

• All Mouth And...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1378 on: February 7, 2011, 09:15:50 pm »
I hated Torres last week.
Now it's just a sense of huge sadness.
Militant Internet Terrorist.

Offline kopblooded

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1379 on: February 7, 2011, 09:16:06 pm »
My last post on this issue ! having mellowed down

Yes we loved him while he was here. and still absolutely hate the fact that he s gone.. Wont call him a traitor or whatever.. still couldnt hide a chuckle when Dagger did him in..  and probably since he has not scored against us yesterday ( and we won), we wont see him this Summer, I hope he tears up the league.. and beats all of our other Top 4 rivals. (I know Chelsea is one of them ). :-X end of matter

now come on ye twats... Upwards !! :)

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1380 on: February 7, 2011, 09:17:22 pm »
Im going to disagree with FAT SCOUSER for once:

He should have waited to see what Kenny could do.
It was only half a season.
He wasnt the only one at the club feeling the pain of a corrupt board and shitty mananger (sorry Roy, but you were).
He played with most of these lads and finished a Baw hair from the title.
He knew the difference his own presence would make.
HE put HIS OWN head down and give nothing when we needed him most.
If anything, he could have added to his reputation by earning his massive keep, and doing his job.
His timing was abissmal.
His attitude stunk.
And he must be held a little responsible for the way he acted.
Careful what you wish for, Fernando...you just might get it.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2011, 09:23:04 pm by the good half »

Offline cathy-lfc-taff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1381 on: February 7, 2011, 09:18:57 pm »

I don't know, it all feels so odd I'm not sure what I believe. I think that someone who genuinely felt that way, who didn't like the Chelsea way of doing things, their rich boys club, the off-the-field antics of the likes of Cole and Terry, the plastic fans.. if he really was against all that then would he really have gone? I thought Torres was the anithesis of Chelsea and players like Terry, I thought he got it and I thought he had class, but now I'm wondering if it was all just rubbish and good PR. Part of me thinks he is feeling the way you suggest, but if Liverpool meant that much to him, if it had that effect on him, he wouldn't have gone to Chelsea.

It's true there were no other clubs in for him this window, but he knew that City went for him in the summer, was he really so sure that they wouldn't try again this summer? Why the rush? What difference is a few months? Whatever his reasons for leaving be they money or medals (I'm, as with everything, still unsure), he couldn't wait to leave and join Terry & co at Stamford Bridge, and I doubt he is regretting that decision. Whether he will come to regret it is another matter, but I imagine he was planning this since the summer and is delighted he's finally gone (Torres' best performance this season in my mind? The game against Chelsea. Showing Roman what he could do maybe? I never would have believed it at the time but now, who knows?).

And I know there are people saying he's gone forget it and of course they are right, LFC is the most important thing and Torres isn't a part of that anymore, but that doesn't mean we should all stop discussing it, his sale could prove to be a big moment in LFC history and there's no need to pretend it never happened and he never existed.
I wish my balls were as big as Dirk's.

Offline Robbie_9

• Legacy Fan
  • God is a Red.
« Reply #1382 on: February 7, 2011, 09:20:56 pm »
He is a different person now. He isn't the Fernando that we all grew to love and he hasn't been for a while, you could tell he wasn't that happy. We lost OUR Fernando Torres a long time ago.
"The most important people at the club are the people that want to be here"
Kenny Dalglish

★  ★  ★  ★  ★

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1383 on: February 7, 2011, 09:22:29 pm »

I reckon you're right, and I'll tell you all something else as well, if he could have stuck it out till may, I reckon he'd have realised we were on the up, and put pen to paper.
He will realise very very quickly what a fucking monumental mistake he's made.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1384 on: February 7, 2011, 09:22:42 pm »
I don't know, it all feels so odd I'm not sure what I believe. I think that someone who genuinely felt that way, who didn't like the Chelsea way of doing things, their rich boys club, the off-the-field antics of the likes of Cole and Terry, the plastic fans.. if he really was against all that then would he really have gone? I thought Torres was the anithesis of Chelsea and players like Terry, I thought he got it and I thought he had class, but now I'm wondering if it was all just rubbish and good PR. Part of me thinks he is feeling the way you suggest, but if Liverpool meant that much to him, if it had that effect on him, he wouldn't have gone to Chelsea.

It's true there were no other clubs in for him this window, but he knew that City went for him in the summer, was he really so sure that they wouldn't try again this summer? Why the rush? What difference is a few months? Whatever his reasons for leaving be they money or medals (I'm, as with everything, still unsure), he couldn't wait to leave and join Terry & co at Stamford Bridge, and I doubt he is regretting that decision. Whether he will come to regret it is another matter, but I imagine he was planning this since the summer and is delighted he's finally gone (Torres' best performance this season in my mind? The game against Chelsea. Showing Roman what he could do maybe? I never would have believed it at the time but now, who knows?).

And I know there are people saying he's gone forget it and of course they are right, LFC is the most important thing and Torres isn't a part of that anymore, but that doesn't mean we should all stop discussing it, his sale could prove to be a big moment in LFC history and there's no need to pretend it never happened and he never existed.

Good post Cathy agree with every word and as you say, he couldnt wait to go there.
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #1385 on: February 7, 2011, 09:24:00 pm »
I have to say I am still absolutely gutted he's gone.

I feel the same but the one thing that makes me feel better about it is the fact that he'd been sulking for 18 months, thinking he was better than being here fighting with us. The dressing room must have suffered from that. No matter how beautiful your balls/breast/limbs are, if they've got lumps and the only choice you have is cut or die, you CUT...

And I'm not saying Torres was the only/primary cause of a down-trodden dressing room. Far from it: There were a lot of factors contributing to the negativity surrounding the club. And perhaps we piled too much pressure on him as our "main man" instead of focusing on building a team. But there is an innate selfishness and sense of entitlement in him that he needs to deal with before he should ever be welcomed back here.

I would take him back with open arms right this minute if he came out and admitted that...
1). he made a mistake and now he's seen the error of his ways
2). he's willing to be a TEAM player and operate for the club in the capacity that we need him
3). he will be more proactive about dealing with his depression/psychological issues and integrate better with the team instead of having his mind elsewhere when his body is here. 

The grass isn't always greener, even though you might think it is. Clearly Torres didn't think this through well enough. And I am, disconsolately and heartbreakingly, gutted he's gone.

Offline Ernienator

• Boys Pen
  • Onion knight
« Reply #1386 on: February 7, 2011, 09:25:52 pm »
Can't say I wasn't disappointed when he handed in a transfer request. However, I see Carroll and Suarez as more than worthy replacements for LFC. The game on sunday proved to me once and for all that the move was right for LFC but wrong for him. Can't wait until our 2 new strikers to deliver their goods. Torres is a closed chapter in my book. In Kenny I trust.

Also first post. Yay.

Offline the good half

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1387 on: February 7, 2011, 09:27:04 pm »
Can't say I wasn't disappointed when he handed in a transfer request. However, I see Carroll and Suarez as more than worthy replacements for LFC. The game on sunday proved to me once and for all that the move was right for LFC but wrong for him. Can't wait until our 2 new strikers to deliver their goods. Torres is a closed chapter in my book. In Kenny I trust.

Also first post. Yay.
And a good'un too. All will agree Im sure.

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1388 on: February 7, 2011, 09:27:25 pm »
He is a different person now. He isn't the Fernando that we all grew to love and he hasn't been for a while, you could tell he wasn't that happy. We lost OUR Fernando Torres a long time ago.

Yup

Absolutely gutted he left, watching videos of him score for us makes me hurt.

BUT....I am thinking of him a couple of years ago. He has changed and almost become less innocent. I do think he has been advised poorly and I think the effects of H&G have affected many of the players, Torres included.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #1389 on: February 7, 2011, 09:29:24 pm »
Will somebody post a link showing T****s clapping the away end yesterday? Because I maintain he didn't.

And for all those crying into their pillows and feeling sorry for him....it's easy when we've beaten them and he's been subbed....let's see if you feel the same way when he's scoring in the CL and him, EBJT, Drogba and fatboy are jerking each other off in the centre-circle.

Offline Robbie_9

• Legacy Fan
  • God is a Red.
« Reply #1390 on: February 7, 2011, 09:31:41 pm »
Yup

Absolutely gutted he left, watching videos of him score for us makes me hurt.

BUT....I am thinking of him a couple of years ago. He has changed and almost become less innocent. I do think he has been advised poorly and I think the effects of H&G have affected many of the players, Torres included.

Exactly. All of us are. When I think of Torres I think of the smile, the long blonde hair, the special relationship he had with Stevie. The problem is those memories are old...
"The most important people at the club are the people that want to be here"
Kenny Dalglish

★  ★  ★  ★  ★

Offline the good half

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1391 on: February 7, 2011, 09:32:31 pm »
Will somebody post a link showing T****s clapping the away end yesterday? Because I maintain he didn't.

Really?
That won't endear him to the natives.

Offline Purdy

• Legacy Fan
  • Gobble gobble turkey
« Reply #1392 on: February 7, 2011, 09:34:40 pm »
Know everyone is saying we should forget him and all that now, but this vid just summed up how I was feeling when I saw him sign for the rent boys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqRVUJFc8sY

Sickening, still want to smile when he scores some of those goals and the 'passion' he shows when scoring, whatever happened Fernando you'll regret it.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #1393 on: February 7, 2011, 09:34:58 pm »

And for all those crying into their pillows and feeling sorry for him....it's easy when we've beaten them and he's been subbed....let's see if you feel the same way when he's scoring in the CL and him, EBJT, Drogba and fatboy are jerking each other off in the centre-circle.

You're right. I'll be mortified if/when that ever happens. I keep telling myself that he will never be for Chelsea what he was for us but he's surprised me with his cold professionalism. Maybe I'm just naive.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1394 on: February 7, 2011, 09:35:56 pm »
As the days tick by, I quite simply feel that we got a bloody good fee for Torres and that he was budged on at the right time.

Remember his debut for us - it was joyful.

Look at his debut for them - he looked like he was attending a funeral.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline danny boy the red

• arsed bead lover
  • Legacy Fan
  • Were going to Wembley!!!
« Reply #1395 on: February 7, 2011, 09:38:32 pm »
I'll never used to seeing him in a blue jersey,it's just not right.

I was raging with him last week and I'm still gutted he left. I was dying for the win and really wanted him to see that and know he made a mistake.

But my heart unexpectedly went out to him a bit  when he was coming off the pitch a yesterday. He look so dazed.

I'm convinced he knows his move was a mistake, convinced.

He doesn't belong to us anymore in any sense really, but it's weird seeing a player I loved unconditionally untill about a week and a half ago lining up against us.

We've a good chance of finishing above these tossers though, I really think we can.
http://twitter.com/thebig_sam

"Excited about working with young Ravel Morrison, but he comes with a list of "dead important" instructions. He's like a fucking Gremlin.

The first three? Don't let him near fireworks; Don't let him drink rum; Don't let him carry a sword. Fucking hell"

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1396 on: February 7, 2011, 09:41:30 pm »
I would. In fact I'd still take him back now. :'(
I just think he made a huge mistake. If he had only waited for a little longer, he would have seen us improving and changed his mind imo. And it kills me to think if Kenny was here in the beginning of the season, how things could have been so different. 

Offline Kingcarra21

• Main Stander
  • I just dont like people.
« Reply #1397 on: February 7, 2011, 09:44:53 pm »

You can see it when he is walking off the pitch after being subbed. He is turned toward our end clapping the supporters, looks like he is clapping our lot. He probably is tbf, much of a c*nt as he is though.

Offline leonard1987

• Main Stander
  • whoooshhh
« Reply #1398 on: February 7, 2011, 09:47:51 pm »
As the days tick by, I quite simply feel that we got a bloody good fee for Torres and that he was budged on at the right time.

Remember his debut for us - it was joyful.

Look at his debut for them - he looked like he was attending a funeral.

we didn't start off by playin Atletico tho did we :P it was gonna be a hard game for him. i still think he will do a job at chelsea but in a few years down line we will be clear winners in that window.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #1399 on: February 7, 2011, 09:53:29 pm »
You can see it when he is walking off the pitch after being subbed. He is turned toward our end clapping the supporters, looks like he is clapping our lot. He probably is tbf, much of a c*nt as he is though.

No, he doesn't. He's looking more or less straight ahead while doing the old 'clapping over the head' thingy.