Author Topic: Torres - The Reasons for Leaving - by Sid Lowe  (Read 338691 times)

Offline peterb17

• Click on Bookmarks. Click on Bookmark this page. Arl arses now has an electronic tag.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Torres - The Reasons for Leaving - by Sid Lowe
« Reply #1240 on: February 7, 2011, 10:07:25 am »
His skin tone really doesn't suit blue. I feel sorry for the poor chap.

Fuckin Hell its Gok Wan!!! PS Deffo true he has gone ugly since he left

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #1241 on: February 7, 2011, 10:13:36 am »
Fuckin Hell its Gok Wan!!! PS Deffo true he has gone ugly since he left

His arse looks a lot bigger in blue as well.

Offline JamboRed

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1242 on: February 7, 2011, 10:15:48 am »
lowering the tone a bit there
Clap clap, clap clap clap, clap clap clap clap DALGLISH!

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #1243 on: February 7, 2011, 10:17:21 am »
Finally a sensible, well considered observation on here.

;D

Offline redmen77

• Legacy Fan
  • Prepared to die for the King!
« Reply #1244 on: February 7, 2011, 10:17:31 am »
Isn't it time to just forget him now and do as Kenny says - concentrate on who is here and playing for LFC. He left, his decision and one I'm sure he regrets even now!

Time to move on.

Offline Zappa

• Old OCB Rep
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Shankly's man 60yrs served come December
« Reply #1245 on: February 7, 2011, 10:20:13 am »
There ain't no money in poetry
That's what sets the poet free
I've had all the freedom I can stand

Offline Robbie_9

• Legacy Fan
  • God is a Red.
« Reply #1246 on: February 7, 2011, 10:24:36 am »
This should be locked now. Playing him on his debut was almost the perfect way to end our relationship with him, and we came out on top. He isn't a Liverpool player anymore and we should forget him.

He's going to score to be honest and I don't want everyone bringing this topic back up to the top and start overreacting about how we lost the best striker in the world. Yesterday he had a terrible game and shouldn't have started, next week he might score a brace and he will be all of a sudden be the best srtiker in the world again...

Lets concentrate on the people that want to where that special shirt  :)

"The most important people are our people and our players."

EDIT: Stupid google chrome just auto corrected DALGLISH to Dalglish. Stupid technology, doesn't know anything  ;D
« Last Edit: February 7, 2011, 10:30:03 am by Robbie_9 »
"The most important people at the club are the people that want to be here"
Kenny Dalglish

★  ★  ★  ★  ★

Offline todda

• Who the fuck you trying to kid....
  • Legacy Fan
  • My Team, My Club, MY Life!
« Reply #1247 on: February 7, 2011, 10:26:57 am »
Good read, I think what Torres has failed to pick up on is the owners (old regime) and the debt have completely gone, we have new owners now a new Gaffa and more importantly new abition, we are 6th only 6 points off 5th, it is not beyond the realms of possibility that we finish in the top 4 and get that CL spot, what a scenario that would be if we took Chelsea's spot.  It will be unbelievably hard but, we are 4 games without conceeding a goal and won 4.  we're on a run,  we could go 10 games or more without loss, we'll soon move up to 5th maybe even 4th with a massive run.  Lets not get ahead of ourselves though, there is still alot of work to be done, but, with King Kenny at the helm the Liverpool Torres left could be miles apart from the new Liverpool come next season if we buy some big name signings in the Summer (Ashley Young, a LB and a Right Winger).  Torres could look back on this last 10 days as the biggest mistake of his career.

A certain Michael Owen is another striker who surely must look at ex-team mates medals (CL mainly [but, also F.A. Cup] with more than a touch of eny and regret.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2011, 10:29:21 am by todda »
"Friend 1st, Boss 2nd,......... Enteratiner 3rd!,  If I was asked to name 3 intellegent people, I wouldn't say Einstein, Newton..... erm you know, I'd Say Cleese, Milligan, Everett................ Sessions!" David Brent.

Offline Dr Abismo

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1248 on: February 7, 2011, 10:43:24 am »
Hey, did anyone think it would be the cherubic, nice guy, ball-playing Daniel Agger who was going to be the one to flatten Torres? I bet you all thought it would be Carra or Skrtel. Torres looked shocked as he lay there. I'm glad he wasn't hurt though. Mind you, I enjoyed Carra's terrific block on his one decent effort on goal even more.

Offline robbie96

• Legacy Fan
  • Cometh the hour, Cometh the man!
« Reply #1249 on: February 7, 2011, 10:49:23 am »
His arse looks a lot bigger in blue as well.

And that's a bad thing how?! :P
Iain Macintosh via Twitter:
Bosingwa almost starts a riot by getting subbed and trudging off the pitch like a old border collie making his final trip to the vet.

Offline Dr Abismo

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1250 on: February 7, 2011, 10:51:39 am »
And that's a bad thing how?! :P

Take it you're quite generously endowed in the posterior area yourself, then?

Offline Wendy Baby

• Permanently stuck in 1917.
  • Kopite
  • Everything is in constant movement and change
« Reply #1251 on: February 7, 2011, 10:57:17 am »
Some of you in this thread are utterly bizarre. This is football, not a fucking soap. Saying 'oh I understand his need' and 'I thought Torres was going to be our rejuvenation', will you have a word with yourselves?

Okay, we were all fucked off and hurt by the move and the manner of it but come on. We were in worse shape in 2004, getting less than a third of what we could've got for our star striker then and what did we do? We bought two unproven players who wanted to play for the club and we went and won the fucking Champions League.
We didn't go out as fans moaning that we lost Owen and saying we were done, we went out there and sang the Rafa La Bamba, we bounced to the Ring of Fire and we changed the Status Quo in Europe back to how it was - rockin' all over the world.

He's gone. We beat them. We will beat them as we continue to invest in our side with players who are players, not names.

We welcomed Torres to Liverpool, he decided he didn't want to stay. He made his bed, he'll lie in it - or John Terry will.

The Reds are coming up the hill, boys...

Spot on ....... and we move on and upwards. Its more than a sound bite "no one is bigger than the club" Torres in his first game is a great example.
My Dad is the most important person in my life. Everything of value I have learnt I learned from him. X

Offline JimmysHammer

• Kopite
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #1252 on: February 7, 2011, 11:01:04 am »
Hey, did anyone think it would be the cherubic, nice guy, ball-playing Daniel Agger who was going to be the one to flatten Torres? I bet you all thought it would be Carra or Skrtel. Torres looked shocked as he lay there. I'm glad he wasn't hurt though. Mind you, I enjoyed Carra's terrific block on his one decent effort on goal even more.

I found it interesting that Torres best chance came when Drogba had dropped deep to collect the ball and threaded this through to him, effectively meaning Torres was on his own up top. We have all seen the effects on his game when playing up top with Villa for the national team,

i also think it will be interesting to see how Drogba (works best on his own) Anelka (showed his best run of scoring when Drogba is not in the side) and Torres are to all fit into the same system!!! tough times ahead for the plastics, i think if he is not already second guessing his decision he certainly will be by the end of the season.

The only light at the end of the tunnel i can see for Torres is in a few seasons time when Drogba and Anelka are either moved on or retired. until then, i think we will see lots and lots of negative headlines revolving around our former player.

I wonder if all those trophies and career success that he craved, nd couldn't wait for will seem as much of a big deal when his own fans turn against him.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups - George Carlin

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #1253 on: February 7, 2011, 11:03:18 am »

Especially as it looked like it was going to go right through Reinas legs :)
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Dr Abismo

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1254 on: February 7, 2011, 11:12:50 am »

On such details hinge great consequences. What a different week it would have been, if Luis's underhit effort had been cleared instead of bouncing comically into the net to open his Liverpool account in triumph, and then Torres's shot from Drogba's pass had eluded Carra last ditch block and gone in. Totally different week. And oh so satisfying.

Offline ThePrufeshanul

• Bastard child of Jose Mourinho and Maggie Thatcher
  • Kopite
  • ..whose game is tighter than Suarez's shirt says..
« Reply #1255 on: February 7, 2011, 11:23:24 am »
Fucking get in!!

I have been enthusiastically humping the girlfriend since the match pausing only to see it again on MOTD so apologies for not living up to the standards of the superfans above!

Now that he has made his disappointing debut I think a lot of people have started to come to terms with him going - as stated 100 times above we were pitting across our views about WHY he made the decision to go and looking at a deeper level than him just chasing the money. Ot was the smart move but (as I posted before) I think it will turn out to be the wrong move for him.

As I explained before about the financial fair play riles, it was much better to sell him now rather than Summer and when you look at how he was runniing and what he brought to the game yesterday I believe him going was also the smart move for us and will turn out to be the right move too.

Someone mentioned above he will start scoring soon (sorry it's difficult to quote as I'm typing this out on my iPhone surrounded by toast crumbs in bed) but I think he will really struggle at Chelsea. Like Shevchenko he likes the ball played in front of him rather than using the kind of combative holdup play Drogba excels in with chelseas deep lying counterattacking style. The only manager Torres has EVER been prolific for is Benitez.

Given the amount of money Chelsea have spent on Torres it would be crazy if they didn't approach Rafa in the summer (especially given Abramovich's obsession with the Champions League). That's the way professional football works. I don't particularly approve of it but that's life. Mo doubt however if that DOES cone to pass we'll have the usual bunch on here criticising posters asking if we are Rafa's agent / on a windup etc and trying to strongarm everyone else into the view that Rafa is chasing the money.

But hopefully I'll be proved right that we are in fact the most intelligent fans in the league. For now we can celebrate a fantastic victory and press on for fourth spot to dump Chelsea out of the Champions League for next season.

Get the fuck in!!!!!
"Lucas Leiva? That kid had more passes than Paris Hilton on Mastermind!"
"The funniest thing of all though is an agricultural long ball centre half not trusting the ability on the ball of some one who starts for Brazil precisely because of his passing ability." - Al555

Offline the jesus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1256 on: February 7, 2011, 11:26:10 am »

Nah, he was closing them as Carr blocked it.
"We just stand beside each other, and help each other. And we make sure that what we’re doing, we’re doing correctly"- Kenny

“When you’re lost in a fog you must stick together. Then you don’t get lost. If there’s one secret to Liverpool, that’s it.” - Bob

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1257 on: February 7, 2011, 11:26:56 am »
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline robbie96

• Legacy Fan
  • Cometh the hour, Cometh the man!
« Reply #1258 on: February 7, 2011, 11:35:50 am »
Take it you're quite generously endowed in the posterior area yourself, then?

For men, the larger the muscle the more powerful, was always my belief, I'll stop there - cause it's not very lady like! ;)

Iain Macintosh via Twitter:
Bosingwa almost starts a riot by getting subbed and trudging off the pitch like a old border collie making his final trip to the vet.

Offline Dr Abismo

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1259 on: February 7, 2011, 11:40:37 am »

For men, the larger the muscle the more powerful, was always my belief, I'll stop there - cause it's not very lady like! ;)

Okay gotcha now. And I feel most reassured into the bargain. I can give up thrahsing away on the old cross trainer now and put my feet up with a nice pint and a burger, and watch more telly.

Offline JamboRed

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1260 on: February 7, 2011, 11:47:58 am »
I think it might be time to move on from the Torres scenario.

His leaving, or more the manner of it left a bitter taste in the mouth of every Red, but he was the same sulky player on Sunday except this time he was wearing blue.

So thanks for what you gave our club Fernando, all the best.

Offline Byrnee

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are Magic, Everton are Tragic
« Reply #1261 on: February 7, 2011, 11:57:37 am »
He no longer plays for Liverpool football club.

We have surely exhausted now, all the endless foaming at the mouth, disappointment, regrets and annoyances. I was gutted when I heard he handed in a transfer request. But he's gone, and as yesterday proved, there's no player bigger than this club. (Though I tell you what, Kenny comes close!)

I agree with all those who say its time to move on, lets put this off the main forum eh? Think we should be concentrating on our team, our manager, our players and our superb recent revival in this board.
'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.'
Bill Shankly

01 06 22 23 47 64 66 73 76 77 79 80 82 83 84 86 88 90 20

77 78 81 84 05 19

At The End Of The Storm I

Offline Carra23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1262 on: February 7, 2011, 12:00:00 pm »
Agreed!

We won without him, we don't need him.

Forget and move on.
Sent from my laptop using my fingers to type

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #1263 on: February 7, 2011, 12:07:12 pm »
Some of you in this thread are utterly bizarre. This is football, not a fucking soap. Saying 'oh I understand his need' and 'I thought Torres was going to be our rejuvenation', will you have a word with yourselves?

Okay, we were all fucked off and hurt by the move and the manner of it but come on. We were in worse shape in 2004, getting less than a third of what we could've got for our star striker then and what did we do? We bought two unproven players who wanted to play for the club and we went and won the fucking Champions League.
We didn't go out as fans moaning that we lost Owen and saying we were done, we went out there and sang the Rafa La Bamba, we bounced to the Ring of Fire and we changed the Status Quo in Europe back to how it was - rockin' all over the world.

He's gone. We beat them. We will beat them as we continue to invest in our side with players who are players, not names.

We welcomed Torres to Liverpool, he decided he didn't want to stay. He made his bed, he'll lie in it - or John Terry will.

The Reds are coming up the hill, boys...

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1264 on: February 7, 2011, 12:23:18 pm »
For those feeling sorry for Torres or think we should move on. Have a word with yourself. Man up and read below cause the lad is just laughing at your sucker face!

Torres - Blues caught off-guard
New boy admits Reds ploy surprised Chelsea
Last updated: 7th February 2011   

Torres: Admits Reds surprised Chelsea

We were not expecting that and maybe they took advantage of that.Fernando Torres

..Fernando Torres admits former club Liverpool took Chelsea by surprise on his debut at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.

The striker, who arrived in west London from Liverpool in a towering £50million deal last month, failed to live up to expectations on his much-hyped first appearance in a blue shirt.

The Spaniard was eventually replaced after 66 minutes as the Reds went on to win 1-0 through a Raul Meireles goal.

Liverpool, now boasting four successive league victories under manager Kenny Dalglish, deployed three central defenders which restricted the impact of Torres and Didier Drogba, who were supported by Nicolas Anelka.

But Torres is confident the Blues will not be caught out again as they look to defend their Premier League title.

Difficult
"It was very difficult, Liverpool played a good game, with three at the back," Torres told Chelsea TV.

"We were not expecting that and maybe they took advantage of that.

"I think the fair result was the draw, it was unfair to lose that game, but now we are looking forwards to the next game and will keep fighting until the end.

"There are a lot of points still to play (for)."

Torres, who barely troubled the Liverpool backline, was taunted by the travelling Reds supporters at every opportunity.

The Spaniard, however, preferred to focus on the positive welcome he received from the Stamford Bridge faithful.

He added: "Obviously everyone wants to win, especially if it is their first game at home, but I will still have very good memories about my reception here and want to thank all of the Chelsea fans for that nice reception.

"The result was not the best, but we have to keep going and fighting until the end."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11668_6736361,00.html

They is no way this thread should be locked. In fact its a very interesting thread.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #1265 on: February 7, 2011, 12:32:51 pm »
A draw a fair result my arse.. we were better right across the park and should've won by more.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline imnotcomingback

• Kopite
« Reply #1266 on: February 7, 2011, 12:33:06 pm »
Fair result? Consider yourself lucky you only lost 1-0 you weasel.
YNWA

Offline DoogyRev

• Anny Roader
  • Bending it in left, right and center
« Reply #1267 on: February 7, 2011, 12:33:48 pm »

Agger is the hardest in our squad. No question.
Quote from: Dmode101 on December 21, 2011, 04:56:33 PM
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

this all ends with a loud "we willl never walk alone!" war cry from all the players1

Offline JamboRed

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1268 on: February 7, 2011, 12:38:49 pm »
For those feeling sorry for Torres or think we should move on. Have a word with yourself. Man up and read below cause the lad is just laughing at your sucker face!

Last updated: 7th February 2011   

Torres: Admits Reds surprised Chelsea

We were not expecting that and maybe they took advantage of that.Fernando Torres

..Fernando Torres admits former club Liverpool took Chelsea by surprise on his debut at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.

The striker, who arrived in west London from Liverpool in a towering £50million deal last month, failed to live up to expectations on his much-hyped first appearance in a blue shirt.

The Spaniard was eventually replaced after 66 minutes as the Reds went on to win 1-0 through a Raul Meireles goal.

Liverpool, now boasting four successive league victories under manager Kenny Dalglish, deployed three central defenders which restricted the impact of Torres and Didier Drogba, who were supported by Nicolas Anelka.

But Torres is confident the Blues will not be caught out again as they look to defend their Premier League title.

Difficult
"It was very difficult, Liverpool played a good game, with three at the back," Torres told Chelsea TV.

"We were not expecting that and maybe they took advantage of that.

"I think the fair result was the draw, it was unfair to lose that game, but now we are looking forwards to the next game and will keep fighting until the end.

"There are a lot of points still to play (for)."

Torres, who barely troubled the Liverpool backline, was taunted by the travelling Reds supporters at every opportunity.

The Spaniard, however, preferred to focus on the positive welcome he received from the Stamford Bridge faithful.

He added: "Obviously everyone wants to win, especially if it is their first game at home, but I will still have very good memories about my reception here and want to thank all of the Chelsea fans for that nice reception.

"The result was not the best, but we have to keep going and fighting until the end."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11668_6736361,00.html

They is no way this thread should be locked. In fact its a very interesting thread.

I wouldn't worry about all the drivel  that gets slavered on Chelsea TV, it's pure PR.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #1269 on: February 7, 2011, 12:48:31 pm »
Make the most of your 'nice reception' ladyboy, because if you don't start scoring very soon it'll quickly be forgotten.

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1270 on: February 7, 2011, 12:49:24 pm »
HEY TORRES!

Why so blue?

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1271 on: February 7, 2011, 12:55:48 pm »
What were people expecting him to say exactly?
If you can't trust Kenny, you need to find another club, seriously.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1272 on: February 7, 2011, 12:55:51 pm »
Listen to Andy Jacobs ranting about Torres on talksport now. Priceless.

Offline red4life69

• Main Stander
« Reply #1273 on: February 7, 2011, 12:56:10 pm »
He no longer plays for Liverpool football club.

We have surely exhausted now, all the endless foaming at the mouth, disappointment, regrets and annoyances. I was gutted when I heard he handed in a transfer request. But he's gone, and as yesterday proved, there's no player bigger than this club. (Though I tell you what, Kenny comes close!)

I agree with all those who say its time to move on, lets put this off the main forum eh? Think we should be concentrating on our team, our manager, our players and our superb recent revival in this board.

All Torres thread can they be banned now.. Move on.. he's gone... move on - onward and upwards. Shit haircut too hee hee
Stevie wonder skool of hairdressing (comment from my missus the Toni and Guy Stylist in the house)

red4life
YNWA

Offline ThePrufeshanul

• Bastard child of Jose Mourinho and Maggie Thatcher
  • Kopite
  • ..whose game is tighter than Suarez's shirt says..
« Reply #1274 on: February 7, 2011, 12:59:22 pm »
Agger is the hardest in our squad. No question.

Pepe. Though neither of them has been banned for actually chewing on the opposition.
"Lucas Leiva? That kid had more passes than Paris Hilton on Mastermind!"
"The funniest thing of all though is an agricultural long ball centre half not trusting the ability on the ball of some one who starts for Brazil precisely because of his passing ability." - Al555

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1275 on: February 7, 2011, 12:59:26 pm »

What's he saying? Slagging him off I take it?

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1276 on: February 7, 2011, 01:02:11 pm »
What's he saying? Slagging him off I take it?

basically slagged him off for not trying, called him a waste of money and said he's finished. said he'll be back at Atletico within two years.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1277 on: February 7, 2011, 01:07:10 pm »
What were people expecting him to say exactly?

The bloody truth and thats we deserved to win the game. No excuses. We were the better team.

Would think he would have respect for his ex team mates.

Offline Greg

• RAWK Statto
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.twitter.com/@paintbox_
« Reply #1278 on: February 7, 2011, 01:14:06 pm »
He's the knob who was laying into Abramovich a few days before the window closed, before they spent £71m.

Love the way he''s taking delight into slagging Torres off now. It's as if they don't see him as one of their own.

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1279 on: February 7, 2011, 01:34:46 pm »
Cant believe there are adult males in this topic saying im glad he wasnt hurt when Agger elbowed him, get a grip.

He has played like he did yesterday for the last 18 months, only we made excuses for him and forgive him for it, blaming everything and everyone apart from him.
He wont get that leeway at Chelsea, will he regret his decision? Only time will tell.

Tell you what though, he must have fuckin pissed off our dressing room with that sulking face for the last season and a half, our players have smiles on their faces and are delighted with Kenny, he disrespected our club, us fans and our players so it was best for our club that he was moved on.

I loved him idolised him, he doesnt suit that kit atall, doesnt look like the Nando we all loved anymore his image has changed so has he.

FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)