Author Topic: SORRY - He's got to go....  (Read 45141 times)

Offline Red4Lyfe

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • Hope
Re: SORRY - He's got to go....
« Reply #160 on: October 3, 2010, 06:09:43 pm »
I agree. He has got to go. Our club is teetering on the edge, this isn't just another season.

I don't hate him at all, I just don't think he's the man for the job. And we need a man for the job.

Offline -Nay-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: October 3, 2010, 06:09:44 pm »
There's no a manger on this planet who could turn us around without proper funding! Get yanks out and give a manager whoever it is the chance to build something!

I think now it's definately hitting home to some fans that raga wasnt the problem!

How is funding an issue when your playing blackpool??

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #162 on: October 3, 2010, 06:10:02 pm »
There's no a manger on this planet who could turn us around without proper funding! Get yanks out and give a manager whoever it is the chance to build something!

I think now it's definately hitting home to some fans that raga wasnt the problem!

Really, cos we just sacked someone who had us challenging for the title 18 months ago, with a similar squad of players and similar funding.

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: October 3, 2010, 06:10:28 pm »
I still stay I would love Frank Rijkaard to come in ... he's a winner, would command respect, and get us playing proper football.

You can't polish a turd. Despite what a few people within the club would have had us believe in the summer, that if a new conductor came in we would start playing the forbidden music, it was bollocks. We are not set up to play that way and no manager can come in and turn us into Barca. We have to play to our strengths and that would actually include playing people in the right position.

We just need someone with a bit of experience at a top club and the ability to set up a functional team that can utilise its strengths i.e. Torres, Cole, Gerrard, Meireles.

Pellegrini might be the way to go but then i would imagine certain people within the club wouldn't approve because he is an unknown and may actually, amazingly, come into the club, see the problem and tell him to stop hoofing the fucking thing!!!

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #164 on: October 3, 2010, 06:10:32 pm »
Secondly, if we start removing managers for an awful 2 months...we are going to go against what we as a club are all about. We cant become that.

don't think anyone is suggesting getting rid simply because of a run of poor results.

it's because he's done nothing to suggest he is, or ever will be, capable of managing a club like ours.

to keep him here out of a misguided sense of loyalty or because it's not "what we do" is crazy and will only accelerate our decline.

Offline Walk on, walk on

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll never walk alone.
« Reply #165 on: October 3, 2010, 06:10:36 pm »
Look, we wont get relegated. Lets just out that to bed already...this squad wont get relegated.

Secondly, if we start removing managers for an awful 2 months...we are going to go against what we as a club are all about. We cant become that.

But dont take this as me thinking he is good or anything. I think he is pretty awful.

Honestly I think Newcastle believed that as well. I would have said exactly the same about Newcastle, that they will never be relegated at that start of the season, but reality has a strange way of kicking you in the balls when you're down.
Liverpool don't turn up against shit teams so Wenger picks the shittest line up possible.
The man is a genius!

Offline silver 5 star

• Mistter Gramatticle. Heell corecct you're spelinng mistaikes
  • Legacy Fan
  • BUILD A NEW STADIUM - NO GROUNDSHARE!!!
« Reply #166 on: October 3, 2010, 06:10:49 pm »

I think now it's definately hitting home to some fans that rafa wasnt the problem!

Bingo.
Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate; "To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can man die better Than facing fearful odds, For the  ashes of his fathers, And the temples of his gods. " FENWAY - Do not let us down! RAWK is boss lid

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: October 3, 2010, 06:10:58 pm »
I have to ask a few questions to those who believe that it's a good idea to get rid of Hodgson right now.

Who would possibly want to take over?
Would anyone be able to get the morale up?

We have some great players in our squad, but I don't know how well they'd take it if they lost their manager at this stage. January, maybe. Even that is an awkward time to change the manager in my opinion.

I'm no fan of Hodgson's, I never thought he was good enough. I've been hoping he could prove me wrong, but I knew from day 1 that this was a massive step backwards from Rafa Benitez. But I don't know what effect an early sacking will have on the team.

Also;
What if whoever comes in fails to sort things out? Do we sack him aswell? Do we start a cycle of replacing managers every 3-4 months?

We're in a mess.

I am maybe a bit biased because I didn't want him appointed, but I do think it's time to rethink all this.

No doubt the players morale is rock bottom, even worse now than it was at the beginning of the season, and it wasn't brilliant then.  So who could improve things?

In my mind there isn't any question.  Dalglish.

I know he has not been in club management for a few years but in reality he has been round the club for a while, knows his way around, knows the players and has the legacy built up as a player and manager.

He is passionate about the club and if anyone could inspire and reignite the passion needed.  If the Board was worried about the long term feasibility of the appointment then just ask him to take it till the end of the season and get us out of this mess.

What the Hell have we got to lose?
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: October 3, 2010, 06:11:33 pm »
As much as I've been defending Hodgson, part of me thinks, (and did at the time we appointed him before anyone accuses me of backtracking) that if we were going to appoint someone to take over until we have sold the club, Kenny should have been in. He offered, he's a legend, knows the club and would have the patience of the fans more than Hodgson.

As it stands, get beat in the derby and there's nothing down for Hodgson, even with people who were willing to give him time because of the situation at the club.
That wasn't good enough today. Not matter how you look at it, ownership issue and all.

This whole debacle kind of vindicates Kenny's stance when he felt none of the candidates putting themself forward could do a better job than him ... but I hope he steers clear and we make a savvy appointment like Rijkaard. Nothing would make me happy than seeing Kenny or Rafa back after the club is sold. But for now, I just dream of having a manager that will get us playing proper attacking football again.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #169 on: October 3, 2010, 06:11:46 pm »
Look, we wont get relegated. Lets just out that to bed already...this squad wont get relegated.

But dont take this as me thinking he is good or anything. I think he is pretty awful.

No I don't agree.

If we are still losing by the end of october then the rot sets in and we really might get relegated.

Now that's a big IF, but I said the same thing 3/4 weeks ago and we are still losing.

When you get sucked into a relegation battle it is incredibley difficult to get out of.  Please don't dismiss it so lightly, it's a genuine threat.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Red4Lyfe

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • Hope
« Reply #170 on: October 3, 2010, 06:11:47 pm »

Wait until we lose 9 points in administration. You still think we can't be relegated?

Offline Walk on, walk on

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll never walk alone.
« Reply #171 on: October 3, 2010, 06:11:52 pm »
As much as I've been defending Hodgson, part of me thinks, (and did at the time we appointed him before anyone accuses me of backtracking) that if we were going to appoint someone to take over until we have sold the club, Kenny should have been in. He offered, he's a legend, knows the club and would have the patience of the fans more than Hodgson.

As it stands, get beat in the derby and there's nothing down for Hodgson, even with people who were willing to give him time because of the situation at the club.
That wasn't good enough today. Not matter how you look at it, ownership issue and all.

If he DID go, getting someone else in isn't the answer at all. Asking Kenny to take over for the time being would be.

One sickening point about appointing Kenny? He probably won't ask for signing on bonuses, and we probably won't be able to afford it if he asked.
Liverpool don't turn up against shit teams so Wenger picks the shittest line up possible.
The man is a genius!

Offline KSra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #172 on: October 3, 2010, 06:11:58 pm »
He wouldn't fail.. He would install confidence to the team.
He certainly wouldn't sit on his arse if we happened to go 2-0 down at home to Blackpool..
I don't think he would, I certainly don't think he'll do any worse than Hodgson. I'm just not comfortable putting that kind of pressure on such an important figure. IF everything went wrong, it would be awful.

Offline unusg

• heron
  • Kopite
  • first is first. second is nowhere !!
« Reply #173 on: October 3, 2010, 06:11:59 pm »
Whilst it is not the liverpool way to sack a manager after a couple of months, it is pretty obvious he is not up to the job. We always knewq he would be transitonal manager who would be out once (hopefully) he sale has gone through. However, never in our wildest dreams did we think we would be where we are now.

And for that Roy has to take the blame. We look terrible in defence, devoid of ideas in midfield and anonymous up front. Add to that the buying and playing of a donkey like poulsen, playing miereles on the right of midfield, leaving Agger out. need i go on.

Here's your P45.  Dont expect a reference from us !!!

Offline Strawberry Fields

• Pending....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: October 3, 2010, 06:12:24 pm »
If we'll get points deducted I think it's a possibility.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: October 3, 2010, 06:12:41 pm »
If we lose the derby, that may very well happen.

No I hope not. Do not want to lose to them and get outclassed. Get Kenny in charge, and he can start from where he left off all those years ago.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline smarties

• the have only answer
  • Main Stander
  • The King is "ALIVE" long live the King!
« Reply #176 on: October 3, 2010, 06:13:22 pm »
Two minutes left and we bring a player with the quality of Maxi on (who incidently is a mediocre player) sums up Roy for me. Clueless. The players do have to shoulder some of the blame. There was no real effort today against a team we knew were going to be playing for a win they warned us in advance. What is with is with this substituton? It speaks volumes for me. He would have been been better off doing nothing and keeping his head down from a self preservation point of view but no, he cant even get that right. It was a desperate move by a desperate man. No thought there whatsoever. When are we going to see Spearing blooded for FS. He has to be better than bloody Poulsen. No scrub that he IS better FACT! Will be interesting how Stevie comes across in the next few weeks.
The King is "ALIVE" long live the King!

Offline redaaronemma

• Main Stander
« Reply #177 on: October 3, 2010, 06:13:23 pm »
"It is a very bad start to the season, a start we could never have envisaged," bemoaned Hodgson.

"It is a start we are really unhappy with and we have got to live with it that's the way it is.

"It is a strange season the way it has gone so far.

"We are very, very unhappy that after four home games and three away we have six points and that is not acceptable.

"We have a lot of work to turn the situation around.

"I thought first half Blackpool played well, but we were not near anywhere where we should be," added Hodgson.

"Unfortunately we went down to a second goal on the stroke of half-time, but in the second half you see a totally different team.

"All credit to Blackpool for holding onto their lead and for taking the lead 2-0."

WTF...all fucking credit to blackpool!! fuck off back to mid table mediocracy where you belong,you are out of your depth & totally devoid of fresh ideas to inspire a damp squid let alone our beloved team :wave :wave :wave

Offline Promised to never post on RAWK again

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #178 on: October 3, 2010, 06:13:25 pm »

Today, we have lost at home against one of the strongest relegation candidates ...

The internet is a bad place - People like Mac Red are on it.

Offline downhill

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #179 on: October 3, 2010, 06:13:33 pm »
All this 'Sack Roy' would only work if we had any money........we are broke, we knew that when he came in, any new manager would want funds in the Jan window........WE HAVE NO MONEY!!!
Lets sort a new owner, then deal with the manager & team. If we have to go down so be it...............Utd, Manchester City & Chelsea have all been down but are stronger now than we have ever been.

YANKS OUT!!!!!

Offline muzzy54

• Anny Roader
  • The Dismal Shore of Acheron
« Reply #180 on: October 3, 2010, 06:13:43 pm »
Love them or hate them (and most people fall into the latter category) but when Moores and Parry decided to part ways with Houllier I remember that the criteria they had to judge the next manager was that he should have won either the English Premier League, Italian Serie A or the Spanish Primera Liga.  Hence the appointment of Rafa.

I wonder what criteria they used to appoint Hodgson? 
“Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid...for Rafael thy Lord, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee"

Red Bible.  Gospel of the Rafalution.  Book of Rafael.  Lines 81-83.

Amen.

Offline rafabenihill

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: October 3, 2010, 06:13:56 pm »
The dressing room is rotten at the moment. If the carra story is true then there are players there that saw it and understand the role player power had in Rafa's demise.

if the carra story is true, then i think rafa could have dealt with it better instead of allowing it to become a problem.. there will always be "powerful" players in the dressing room and the manager has to show who is boss and engage them..

White liquid in a bottle. It's milk, for sure.

Offline RedSoul9

• Anny Roader
  • Epic Swindle
« Reply #182 on: October 3, 2010, 06:14:26 pm »
as much as i want roy out, dont think dalglish will ever be considered while the two clowns are in charge.
When I was going through those moments of uncertainty a lot of fans supported me, saying: 'We want you to stay. But at the end of the day, if you don't, we wish you all the best and we are happy that you have been here.' I am very grateful for that. I am here now, and very happy to be here. There is no other club like Liverpool. - Xabi Alonso

Offline supaerheraw

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #183 on: October 3, 2010, 06:14:44 pm »
 :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline rafabenihill

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: October 3, 2010, 06:15:16 pm »
Love them or hate them (and most people fall into the latter category) but when Moores and Parry decided to part ways with Houllier I remember that the criteria they had to judge the next manager was that he should have won either the English Premier League, Italian Serie A or the Spanish Primera Liga.  Hence the appointment of Rafa.

I wonder what criteria they used to appoint Hodgson? 

english, LMA Manager of the Year, moratti's recommendation after hiring rafa..
White liquid in a bottle. It's milk, for sure.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #185 on: October 3, 2010, 06:15:26 pm »
So just to recap, many people on here have spent the last year or so uttering the words "We don't want to be like Newcastle" and many people are now advocating sacking the manager after 7 league games. Oooh what to do eh?

Offline RedRush

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: October 3, 2010, 06:15:43 pm »
if the carra story is true, then i think rafa could have dealt with it better instead of allowing it to become a problem.. there will always be "powerful" players in the dressing room and the manager has to show who is boss and engage them..

There was no way Rafa can fight three battles at the same time, one against the owners, one against the media, and certainly not one against a local boy done good. Have I been whooshed? :)
« Last Edit: October 3, 2010, 06:19:27 pm by RedRush »

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #187 on: October 3, 2010, 06:16:33 pm »
I have said this when it was announced he was appointed, Roy is a gentleman and a all round nice fella, and his managerial exploits are to be applauded.......but

He is way out of his depth here, he is a mid-table manager who thrives on keeping teams in the league, not winning it, his thinking is one of caution first. He is tactically naive when it comes to utilising world class players in their correct positions.
Today we tried four or five different formations, players were getting pushed from pillar to post and their heads were up their arses. I agree full well that it is supposed to be a work in progress, but enough is enough!

We are Liverpool Football Club, internationally known and renewoned as one of the greatest and illustrious clubs in the history of football, yet we have been outplayed and out-fought be Northampton Town and Blackpool. Not to mention defeats to Manchester City and Manchester United.

I dont dislike you as a person Roy, and respect you for your previous work, but do the decent thing and resign before it's too late!
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Greyfox

• Silver Fox's less distinguished brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird on my chest
« Reply #188 on: October 3, 2010, 06:17:17 pm »
Were you one of the Anti Rafa's that wanted rid of him?

To answer, no I wanted to Rafa to stay......if Christian Poulsen, a Hodgson signing, is the answer in midfield....then Christ knows what the question was...!!!!

As I say, the minute SG and Raul linked in midfield we were a different team...at one stage in the first half Liverpool 41% possession Balckpool 59%....an absolute disgrace...

Why was Raul RIGHT MID/wing...??

Johnson was shockingi...penalty and played them onside for number two...Kelly EVERYTIME....
Joe Cole is morphing, into Voronin...and do y'know what.....Voronin got into better scoring positions....
Steven tried to make it happen, when put into his correct position with Meierles..

MOTM Soto to be honest

Offline DaveLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: October 3, 2010, 06:17:44 pm »
The longer he stays here the worse it may get, we know any replacement will face similar problems until the owners are out. But at this rate there won't be anything to salvage.

He has to go, appoint Kenny. We're not even a laughing stock anymore, we just attract pity at the moment.
The consequences of rejecting reality are not immediate but they are inevitable

hoonin

« Reply #190 on: October 3, 2010, 06:18:03 pm »
Yes but you could also bet that on RAWK, a Pellegrini or whoever would also be getting completely absolved of ANY of the blame. I doubt the knives would be out on here as much as they are for Hodgson.

The more astute on rawk, for several years now, have been trying to highlight this never has been about the manager of LFC, but about the short and long term decisions mistakes routinely being made by various board members.

Too few listened though. Maybe they dont like what they hear?

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: October 3, 2010, 06:19:45 pm »
Now that i have got all the moaning and bile out of my system, my knee is starting to adjust back into place.

Are we being a little knee jerk?
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline withgreataplomb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: October 3, 2010, 06:19:56 pm »
Lack of funds can't be blamed, I mean, isn't Hodgson meant to work wonders on a budget?,
combine that with the players he inherited and he should be doing well, shouldn't he?,
that's what the rags would have you believe.
"There are places I remember
All my life though some have changed
Some forever not for better
Some have gone and some remain
All these places have their moments
With lovers and friends I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life I've loved them all"

Offline redpirate

• Say hello to my little brain.....Be quick though, it's shrinking quicker than a polar ice cap.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: October 3, 2010, 06:20:24 pm »
Fuck off Hodgson

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: October 3, 2010, 06:21:01 pm »
I wanted to give Hodgson the opportunity here so I gave him my support, but he really cannot take us forward and it's becoming increasingly dangerous that we might find ourselves in a relegation battle. The football has gone beyond the shite from last season and it's turned into absolutely dire, dreadful, unimaginative, uninspired, inexcusable garbage. We are actually reaching new lows, which seemed an impossibility from last season. He needs to go as soon as we have new owners installed, and the Chilean Pellegrini brought in as soon as possible, just as he should have been after Benitez was sacked (another disastrous decision that we are now reaping).

Something needs to happen. This board, this ownership, this squad and this manager are all accountable and they ALL need to go.

What about Betty the tea lady? Does she need to go too?

Offline bakstabba

• Lord, what fools these mortals be!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: October 3, 2010, 06:21:09 pm »
The more astute on rawk, for several years now, have been trying to highlight this never has been about the manager of LFC, but about the short and long term decisions mistakes routinely being made by various board members.

Too few listened though. Maybe they dont like what they hear?

Exactly. The knifing is becoming frankly ridiculous now, even with a username like mine.
Socrates did have a habit of polarising opinion, as does Lucas. Lucas is also good at hemming opponents in and locking them into difficult situations.

Offline kevmck

• Kopite
« Reply #196 on: October 3, 2010, 06:21:41 pm »
it breaks my heart that for the first time i had to say this morning, that a Liverpool manager HAS to go.  Hopefully when H&G fuck off any new owner will bring a new manager in - till then.. do us a favour Roy, put the players in their proper place on the field

Offline Promised to never post on RAWK again

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #197 on: October 3, 2010, 06:22:17 pm »
There's no a manger on this planet who could turn us around without proper funding!

With all of our financial problems in recent years, this is still a squad worth £200+ million ... Realistically, we have the quality to be a top 6 club in the Premier League ... At the moment, we are 18th on the table ... Therefore, it is clear that Roy is the problem ... He should be gone ... Immediately ...
The internet is a bad place - People like Mac Red are on it.

Offline Raoul Duke

• Is Boris Johnson.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: October 3, 2010, 06:22:31 pm »
I wanted to give Hodgson the opportunity here so I gave him my support, but he really cannot take us forward and it's becoming increasingly dangerous that we might find ourselves in a relegation battle. The football has gone beyond the shite from last season and it's turned into absolutely dire, dreadful, unimaginative, uninspired, inexcusable garbage. We are actually reaching new lows, which seemed an impossibility from last season. He needs to go as soon as we have new owners installed, and the Chilean Pellegrini brought in as soon as possible, just as he should have been after Benitez was sacked (another disastrous decision that we are now reaping).

Something needs to happen. This board, this ownership, this squad and this manager are all accountable and they ALL need to go.
Fool, if it wasn't for Sergei here, both you and your cousin be cadaverous mo'fuckers.

Offline smarties

• the have only answer
  • Main Stander
  • The King is "ALIVE" long live the King!
« Reply #199 on: October 3, 2010, 06:22:37 pm »
I have said this when it was announced he was appointed, Roy is a gentleman and a all round nice fella, and his managerial exploits are to be applauded.......but

He is way out of his depth here, he is a mid-table manager who thrives on keeping teams in the league, not winning it, his thinking is one of caution first. He is tactically naive when it comes to utilising world class players in their correct positions.
Today we tried four or five different formations, players were getting pushed from pillar to post and their heads were up their arses. I agree full well that it is supposed to be a work in progress, but enough is enough!

We are Liverpool Football Club, internationally known and renewoned as one of the greatest and illustrious clubs in the history of football, yet we have been outplayed and out-fought be Northampton Town and Blackpool. Not to mention defeats to Manchester City and Manchester United.

I dont dislike you as a person Roy, and respect you for your previous work, but do the decent thing and resign before it's too late!

Great post
The King is "ALIVE" long live the King!