Author Topic: SORRY - He's got to go....  (Read 45150 times)

Offline withgreataplomb

• Legacy Fan
Re: SORRY - He's got to go....
« Reply #80 on: October 3, 2010, 05:48:55 pm »
I still can't believe Roy Hodgson is actually our manager.
"There are places I remember
All my life though some have changed
Some forever not for better
Some have gone and some remain
All these places have their moments
With lovers and friends I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life I've loved them all"

Offline INABITSKI

• An own-nut-fondling manly man's wool. Possibly.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: October 3, 2010, 05:49:12 pm »
They should all fuck off HICKS, GILLETT, BROUGHTON, PURSLOW & ROY.

Get out you club killing shower of bastards !!!!!!!

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #82 on: October 3, 2010, 05:49:13 pm »
He wont leave, the media don't hate him. He's their love child.

If it was a foreign manager you could bet the pressure would be on already.

Feel sorry for Roy though, but he should have looked at everything and realised he wasn't equipped to run LFC.

Yes kneejerk. Oh well.
:D

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: October 3, 2010, 05:49:25 pm »

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: October 3, 2010, 05:49:26 pm »
23 - 1

lowest price according to the chart said 16/1 (not sure when that was matched tho)

Offline exile kopite

• Anny Roader
« Reply #85 on: October 3, 2010, 05:49:47 pm »
23 - 1

Care to explain for us that uses decimals? =P
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH THE GHOSTS IS EVERYWHERE

Offline lunnylad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #86 on: October 3, 2010, 05:50:03 pm »
He's out of his depth, but the players are a fucking shambles. Disgusted by the lack of passion on display today.
6 may come first, but we all want 19
good luck to Rafa, where the fuck's Keane?....

Offline maqu006

• Legacy Fan
  • RAWK's literary theorist
« Reply #87 on: October 3, 2010, 05:50:10 pm »
If Hodgson stays, we're going down. It has happened before and will happen again that a great team is relegated. There is nothing, and I repeat NOTHING that suggests that Hodgson can turn this around. If after the recent horrible performances he keeps making the same mistakes and blames everyone under the sun (fans, Benitez, expectations, players) but himself he does not deserve another game. Please go  Hodgson and take with you Konchesky, Poluson and those players who got rid of Benitez to get you in, whoever they may be.

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #88 on: October 3, 2010, 05:50:15 pm »
Couldn't believe he was appionted but there you go. Look what we've become.
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #89 on: October 3, 2010, 05:50:51 pm »
I do feel sorry for Hodgson - he's a good man, nobody doubts that. But it's so painfully obvious he's not up to the job. This is going to set British managers back even further in their hope of landing the top jobs in the game. Harry Redknapp is the only saving grace for them.
The crucial difference between them - and I'm no fan of the droopy-faced brown envelope loving media and player cock sucking cockney 'avin a larf club destroying prick - is that Redknapp's got the nous to adapt his systems, to go with the times, to spot where things are wrong and fix them.

For example, it's clear Redknapp's a 4-4-2 man, but faced with the stark reality of how that fares in Europe, plus his own complulsive need to have a gamble on mercurial out of favour talents like Van Der Vaart, he's increasingly switching to a 4-5-1, and his team look well equipped to compete on both fronts and build yet further.

Roy is doing exactly what he said he wouldn't do - namely make drastic changes - and the terrifying thing is that I'm not even convinced that he realises how huge the difference is between his approach and what we did before.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Songs to Sing

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Hold your head up high He made the people happy
« Reply #90 on: October 3, 2010, 05:51:17 pm »
in rafa i trust
-Rafael Benitez 03/06/2010: "Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone." No, thank you, you wondeful, humble, gracious man. You fought for us for years and won't be forgotten.-
The 5th Benitle

Offline exile kopite

• Anny Roader
« Reply #91 on: October 3, 2010, 05:51:33 pm »
Couldn't believe he was appionted but there you go. Look what we've become.
I could in fact. This was the logical step clubwise - really - but tactical etc bla bla bla, hes such in the wrong place.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH THE GHOSTS IS EVERYWHERE

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #92 on: October 3, 2010, 05:51:49 pm »
Gosh this is all awful isn't it?

My instinct is to back the manager because that is what we do so well.

However, the post about him not being a Liverpool manager seems to ring home to me, this certainly could be how he is viewed by the players, a stand in, a stoodge a Patsy if you like.

So what to do?  Sack Roy?  Maybe he deserves a little more grace, my instincts tell me to give him -some-  more time. 

And then what?  Kenny? I can't believe he wouldn't get more out of the team, he would still be a stand in as it were, but the players would know that no matter what happens to the club, he is going nowhere, he will always be Liverpool.  Maybe Purslow has some grace a didn't want to involve him in all this murky stuff, I'm not sure we will have much choice if this carries on for long.

Personally I think it would be crazy to get rid of Roy until the end of October, wait for a couple of weeks and if the owners are exterminated, then is the time to act.

So I will wait 2 or 3 more weeks and then pass judgement, however I said at the start of the season that although it was unlikely we would go down, it wasn't impossible by any means
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: October 3, 2010, 05:51:53 pm »
I'm not going to cast my opinion just yet but I can understand the calls. My main reason for posting is to urge the mods to keep this open.

Offline maqu006

• Legacy Fan
  • RAWK's literary theorist
« Reply #94 on: October 3, 2010, 05:52:32 pm »
Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson admits his side's miserable start to the season is unacceptable after they slumped to an embarrassing 2-1 home defeat to Blackpool.

The Reds find themselves rooted in the bottom three after making their worst start to a season in over 50 years.

Charlie Adam's penalty and Luke Varney's strike on the stroke of half-time proved to be enough to give Premier League new boys Blackpool a famous win and pile the pressure on Hodgson.

"It is a very bad start to the season, a start we could never have envisaged," bemoaned Hodgson.

"It is a start we are really unhappy with and we have got to live with it that's the way it is.
Strange season
"It is a strange season the way it has gone so far.

"We are very, very unhappy that after four home games and three away we have six points and that is not acceptable.

"We have a lot of work to turn the situation around.

"I thought first half Blackpool played well, but we were not near anywhere where we should be," added Hodgson.

"Unfortunately we down to a second goal on the stroke of half-time, but in the second half you see a totally different team.

"All credit to Blackpool for holding onto their lead and for taking the lead 2-0."

Offline DaveLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: October 3, 2010, 05:53:12 pm »
Well a lot of the kop were chanting Dalglish and then some of them chanted Rafa.

Only the final whistle stopped it echoing around the whole ground.

Kenny in before the bitters game, Roy is clueless and isn't worth an extra 2 seconds never mind another three games. Kenny may have that sudden impact and he has to get them playing better. We're a total disgrace.

The consequences of rejecting reality are not immediate but they are inevitable

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: October 3, 2010, 05:53:25 pm »
No, he doesnt have to go. The next poor sap that comes in will have just as bad of a job facing him as Roy did.

Our bed has been made and we just have to hope for top half of the table.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #97 on: October 3, 2010, 05:53:54 pm »

If it was a foreign manager you could bet the pressure would be on already.

Yes but you could also bet that on RAWK, a Pellegrini or whoever would also be getting completely absolved of ANY of the blame. I doubt the knives would be out on here as much as they are for Hodgson.

Offline thedonone

• Main Stander
« Reply #98 on: October 3, 2010, 05:53:55 pm »

agreed

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: October 3, 2010, 05:54:34 pm »
"We have a lot of work to turn the situation around."

oh fucking hell can you not take a hint?

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: October 3, 2010, 05:55:08 pm »
As me and other pro-Rafa people were saying last season though, who is the alternative...yes, yes, the obvious one but do we really want him associated with this.

Actually he really is the only alternative as i'm sure we can't afford to sack RH and get someone else in.

As a personal point as well the relationship between Kenny and CP leaves me with an uneasy feeling. Sorry

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #101 on: October 3, 2010, 05:55:47 pm »
Rubbish, time to steady the ship doesnt exist. I hate these words but hes out of his depth and he's offering nothing. Not kneejerk, not shallow, not disrespectful, just honest. Two of the most embarassing results in less than 2 weeks, that wouldnt have happened under rafa, end of. Yanks out, board out, roy out and then whatever players want out too. Thaks and goodnight

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: October 3, 2010, 05:56:32 pm »
think a similar thread got deleted yesterday? made the point and will make it again, Roy is shite but what about the players? too many of them are awful. just utter shite. wouldn't care if any of them left apart from pepe, agger and kelly.

and what about the coaching staff, just what is sammy lee and the other coach's input on this?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #103 on: October 3, 2010, 05:56:57 pm »
Yes but you could also bet that on RAWK, a Pellegrini or whoever would also be getting completely absolved of ANY of the blame. I doubt the knives would be out on here as much as they are for Hodgson.
The thing about Roy is that in some ways he IS a foreign manager.  If you look at his record in British football, he has had one, maybe two years that weren't really poor.  This worries me about him.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #104 on: October 3, 2010, 05:57:32 pm »
A poll would be nice.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline TOMMO86

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: October 3, 2010, 05:57:38 pm »
Roy.

Quite simple.

Get out of my club.

Offline thedonone

• Main Stander
« Reply #106 on: October 3, 2010, 05:57:52 pm »
i suppose the question you ask is how long do you give a new manger as a change does not guarantee immediate success.

However in this instance i think Roy has had enough games to show some type of improvement with out any real success.

Offline gazza1976

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #107 on: October 3, 2010, 05:57:53 pm »
out of his depth we have world class players not performing on the pitch tactics that are shit get out just walk please roy too soft far too soft
JFT96 Y.N.W.A

Offline RedSoul9

• Anny Roader
  • Epic Swindle
« Reply #108 on: October 3, 2010, 05:58:01 pm »
Well a lot of the kop were chanting Dalglish and then some of them chanted Rafa.

Only the final whistle stopped it echoing around the whole ground.

Kenny in before the bitters game, Roy is clueless and isn't worth an extra 2 seconds never mind another three games. Kenny may have that sudden impact and he has to get them playing better. We're a total disgrace.

shame that...ref should have let the game gone on for a little longer
When I was going through those moments of uncertainty a lot of fans supported me, saying: 'We want you to stay. But at the end of the day, if you don't, we wish you all the best and we are happy that you have been here.' I am very grateful for that. I am here now, and very happy to be here. There is no other club like Liverpool. - Xabi Alonso

Offline KSra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #109 on: October 3, 2010, 05:58:08 pm »
I have to ask a few questions to those who believe that it's a good idea to get rid of Hodgson right now.

Who would possibly want to take over?
Would anyone be able to get the morale up?

We have some great players in our squad, but I don't know how well they'd take it if they lost their manager at this stage. January, maybe. Even that is an awkward time to change the manager in my opinion.

I'm no fan of Hodgson's, I never thought he was good enough. I've been hoping he could prove me wrong, but I knew from day 1 that this was a massive step backwards from Rafa Benitez. But I don't know what effect an early sacking will have on the team.

Also;
What if whoever comes in fails to sort things out? Do we sack him aswell? Do we start a cycle of replacing managers every 3-4 months?

We're in a mess.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #110 on: October 3, 2010, 05:58:13 pm »

i doubt a foreign manager would have us playing such decripid football to get in this situation.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #111 on: October 3, 2010, 05:58:25 pm »
Must admit... I said give him time... But I agree...

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #112 on: October 3, 2010, 05:58:41 pm »

Perhaps you coukd explain why Hodgson deserves our support, rather than make the spurious claim that RAWK has a foreigner fetish.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #113 on: October 3, 2010, 05:58:48 pm »
Fat Scouser made a great point earlier, we simply cannot trust this board to bring in someone better.

Given the criteria they used in the summer an Englishman, who is the current media darling and someone who bends over and takes it up the Jacksy as required by Whiskey Nose.

Then we will end up with Colin Wanker.

Let's concentrate on getting the Yanks out and getting in a board with football knowledge and a bit of backbone, we desperately need someone with the balls to tell the senior players that they are expendable employees and not pseudo managers.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Cribertinokes

• Born free. Live free. Die.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96
« Reply #114 on: October 3, 2010, 05:59:19 pm »
Replace him with Dalglish. Simple.
These are the days when I hate the world, hate the rich, hate the happy, hate the complacent, the TV watchers, beer drinkers, the satisfied ones. Because I know I can be all of those little hateful things and then I hate myself for realising that.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #115 on: October 3, 2010, 05:59:21 pm »
No, he doesnt have to go. The next poor sap that comes in will have just as bad of a job facing him as Roy did.

Our bed has been made and we just have to hope for top half of the table.

Yes he does have to go. Considering the players he has at his disposal, we should be playing a lot better. Our performances so far this season are inexcusable. If the next poor sap that comes in has a little bit more tactical nous then we might just climb out of the relegation zone
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: October 3, 2010, 05:59:41 pm »
The thing about Roy is that in some ways he IS a foreign manager.  If you look at his record in British football, he has had one, maybe two years that weren't really poor.  This worries me about him.

He was too crud to get top jobs in the UK, that's the only reason why he toured Scandinavia, Afghanistan and Outer Mongolia and become this globetrotting "foreign" manager .... we have a PE Teacher from Croydon for a manager ... that's just how it is.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: October 3, 2010, 05:59:46 pm »

Or the fact that Hodgsons sides have served up shite is what is going against him

Offline gandalf50

• Kopite
  • Named "Most Naive poster on Rawk" by L666kop
« Reply #118 on: October 3, 2010, 06:00:21 pm »
The club needs a total clear out top to bottom.  Maybe a 9 point reduction, relegation and a ground up rebuild is the way forward.  The rumours about Carra and Stevie engineering Rafa's exit absolutely stink.  Players running the club is like the tail wagging the dog.  LFC has a terrible disease running all the way through it.  We need to start again.  Horrible prospect but unfortunately, it seems to be the only way out. 
That might be the main problem. From the rumors going around Roy might not even be picking the team. Through Houlliers reign and (while Parry was there) through rafa`s reign and again in Rafa`s sacking, ousting or whatever we want to call it, one or two senior players at the club have had far too much power. We have tried replacing managers twice in the last ten years and it hasn`t worked. In Houliers case his final 3 signings and the fact he was too close to some players finished him. Rafa wanted to re-build and that meant getting rid of a couple of senior players. The players won. But look where it has left us.
I agree that Roy has to go. But I also think that one of the reasons we failed to attract a top manager was they saw the influence these senior players have and could not count on the backing of the board in any decisions which had a bearing on these players.
Just speculation. But there are enough rumors to give it some credence.
« Last Edit: October 3, 2010, 06:03:40 pm by gandalf50 »
There really isn't.  I think a lot of us, even our own have started doubting it. It's time to rise up. And take what is rightfully ours. It's a big mountain, but what is the point in achieving something, which everyone can?

Fate has given us a mountain too big. We have to rise. We have to believe.

fowler9_god

Offline Captain Gerrard8

• Anny Roader
  • Players,Manager,Supports - The Holy Trinity
« Reply #119 on: October 3, 2010, 06:00:32 pm »
If we lose the Everton game, he needs to go.  As does pretty much half our squad next season.

why wait until the everton game ? he has to go now !!!!!!!

luckily we have an international break now so any new manager will have someone time to settle in. someone like king kenny for example will be up to speed in a week :) .
« Last Edit: October 3, 2010, 06:03:29 pm by Captain Gerrard8 »